Help me pick a new case

Currently, I am sporting the Corsair 4000X, which I would like to exchange for a few reasons. Most notabely, my fan setup really doesn't look good with that case, as it has these cut out front mount made for 120mm fans, and I want to run 140mm fans.

You can see my full setup in my signature, so I won't be posting that twice here. But here is a picture that shows how bad the mismatched cut outs look at the front:

I was thinking about the following cases, but they all have some drawbacks.

• Lian Li O11 DYNAMIC

Pros: Looks very clean, airflow according to reviews great
    Cons: Side and bottom fan mounts are designed for 120mm fans (so either I ditch this case, or switch to 120mm)

• Cooler Master Silencio S600

Pro: Silent case, has mounts that would fit 140mm fans top and front natively
    Cons: Doesn't look really clean, not available in white, only side panel is clear which makes some of my RGB pointless

• NZXT H710i

Pro: Clean look, fits my AIO and other NZXT fans, has native support for 140mm fans top, bottom AND 1x back!
    Cons: Not available...

Any other suggestions?
    Corsair 4000X RGB || AMD Ryzen 9 5900X || ASUS ROG Strix X570-F || AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Sapphire Pulse
    64GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3600 || NZXT Kraken X63

Check this
    Con: it's huge ,

Thermaltake View 51 TG Snow ARGB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUAp...el=KitGuruTech

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Check this
    Con: it's huge ,

Thermaltake View 51 TG Snow ARGB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUAp...el=KitGuruTech
    Yea it's massive. Very close to what I would need though - pretty perfect 140mm support. But I don't think I can fit this on my desk tbh
    Corsair 4000X RGB || AMD Ryzen 9 5900X || ASUS ROG Strix X570-F || AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Sapphire Pulse

10+ Year Old Account
    Lian li Lancool 2 Mesh
    Should fit 2x140 mm at the front, and if you mount them on the "outside" then there's only mesh in front of them

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Lian li Lancool 2 Mesh
    Should fit 2x140 mm at the front, and if you mount them on the "outside" then there's only mesh in front of them
    hm thanks, but I have the feeling that I'd run into a similar problem. While the mesh is certainly less see through, and the mount is vertically even / no cut outs, I'd still have a gaping hole at the bottom because of the missing 3rd fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    hm thanks, but I have the feeling that I'd run into a similar problem. While the mesh is certainly less see through, and the mount is vertically even / no cut outs, I'd still have a gaping hole at the bottom because of the missing 3rd fan.
    Then maybe the o11 Dynamic mini? It has mounting holes for 140mm fans and isn't that much taller than 2 of them

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Then maybe the o11 Dynamic mini? It has mounting holes for 140mm fans and isn't that much taller than 2 of them
    I had the o11 Dynamic mini on my mind, seeing as I also wrote that the Dynamic would be a potential choice.

Problem: The PSU support on the Mini is SFX/ SFX-L only. I have the BeQuiet STRAIGHT POWER 11 1000W Gold which doesn't fit. I was half a second away from purchasing this case before I noticed that.

Then you move up to the "non-mini" version, and they suddenly go to 3x120 design.

It's infruriating.

I am currently contemplating to just get my hands on the 4000D Airflow Front Panel and replace my clear view front panel and be done with it.
    Unfortunately, even that isn't on sale anywhere. Really as if I'm trying to milk a mouse.
    https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...e/p/CC-8900441

edit: actually, on the GERMAN version of Corsair's website, the front panel is available. I just purchased it and will check if that satisfies me.
    I hope that the reduced opacity will improve the aesthethic and properly hide that hole.

Might even improve temps a bit. The airflow with the tempered glass was sus to begin with.
    Last edited by Tsarez; 2022-01-02 at 03:31 PM.

I bought two cheap Rosewill cases from newegg.com. I like them because they are big. I have big hands and it's easier for me to install and replace stuff in these big cases. I bought these last year with my covid check or tax return along with 3 fans for each of them. I would not mind having cases with all the LEDs and stuff but I am too cheap and poor to pay for them heh heh.
    https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1681114...82E16811147312

Recently bought the "be quiet! Silent Base 802" and I am pretty happy with it. It has mounts for 120mm and 140mm and the option to be more silent or have more airflow. Its not much of a "show off all your RGB puke"-case but its very functional and easy to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Recently bought the "be quiet! Silent Base 802" and I am pretty happy with it. It has mounts for 120mm and 140mm and the option to be more silent or have more airflow. Its not much of a "show off all your RGB puke"-case but its very functional and easy to work with.
    I love this case - I owned the older version on my previous build that was fully air cooled.

Though I don't quite undertand the spec sheet here. 120 / 240 / 360 are the supported radiator dimensions for top mounts. I would assume that if 360 is possible, so is 280?

Partpicker doesn't seem to have an issue with it, either https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Lh7wBc

But for front, 280 is specifically mentioned. That makes me question why.
    Last edited by Tsarez; 2022-01-02 at 04:15 PM.

Am very partial to minimalist look and hence Fractal Design cases, which you really can't go wrong with unless you are custom watercooling.

I like the lian li

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post

• NZXT H710i

Pro: Clean look, fits my AIO and other NZXT fans, has native support for 140mm fans top, bottom AND 1x back!
    Cons: Not available...

Any other suggestions?
    This is in stock on the official NZXT USA store. I'm not sure where you're at though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand why so many people want lights on their case...it's extra money for nothing. It's a computer not a light show and unless you literally spend hours every day just staring at it, seems like a total waste

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    This is in stock on the official NZXT USA store. I'm not sure where you're at though.
    Germany. We barely have anything on stock here rn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I will never understand why so many people want lights on their case...it's extra money for nothing. It's a computer not a light show and unless you literally spend hours every day just staring at it, seems like a total waste
    I literally look at it 8+ hours a day

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The new lian li pc-o11 dynamic evo supports 140mm fans

ian li o11 dynamic evo
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What did you end up going with? Time for a new machine for me. Looking for a case and am not liking much of what I am seeing. My current rig is using an S340, but I don't like what NZXT is offering today.

Any other suggestions from folks? I saw the Hyte Y60 - nice looking case if you want to water cool, but I want to air cool.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump