Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    It's a combination of the attitude of players like you toward the immersive experience of a true MMORPG and Blizzard designing the game around players like yourself that just want to play their little sandbox M+ and Raid game, which forces them into never ending system upon system MOU based game design, that makes Retail the piece of crap that it is today.
    tecnically one of the biggest problems with wow today are those systems added to force people to spend more time than they should "in the world". You know those quests that take a lot longer than they should to complete? the % bar that only goes up by 1% each time? no flying? crap maps designs that are a mess to navigate? maw walking? etc. yeah... just to keep an X number of players in each area (for pvp or "immersive world").

Wasn't there supposed to be a Dance Studio or something like that? Or aerial combat.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Reading about features "evil little man in the head" immediately comments ...about broken organization of seamless live game world; ...about absence of main conditions for a full-fledged "sandbox" within framework of interaction between players; ...about key points for existence of a full-fledged PvP (along with PvE) aspect in the game (I suppose it makes no sense to leave any more detailed comments and links here, since majority already knows how I feel about those).

about missing items: I can even tell right away from whom and at what point those (indicated in article) are being looted, this is without looking in corresponding resources, and despite fact that game hasn't been touched by me over 6 years

This all, of course, is sad, but it has been discussed many times already, and nothing can be done about it - it was sole choice of devs to destroy and devalue everything listed in the first paragraph

ps. From what I've heard, "dance studio" has been relegated to silly discotheque under auction, which I see as another silly addition (could be on darkmoon faire, but not for open world) in series of inappropriate stylistic innovations starting from area of 2014 year.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-01-04 at 10:03 AM.

Papal faz drops from mobs still. Saw it live from the troggs in uldaman

10+ Year Old Account
    The only people that miss kiting are boomers and trolls. We're all infinitely better off without it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the Five Features again, some of them could very easily be brought back into the game in some way, shape or form. Going in order:

1. The sharding system that exists today all but eliminates any practicality of World Defense. Unfortunately, this is one best relegated to the dustbin of history. There's other means of communication for RP/PvP groups to defend areas in this day and age.

2. Highmaul Colosseum is a super easy fix. Bake it into WoD Timewalking, similar to the Mage Tower with Legion Timewalking. Add extra rewards if necessary. But at the very least, it gives an official timeframe for people to join together to do it, rather than relying on the community to organize events.

3. Similar to World Defense, sharding ultimately makes kiting a relic of a different age. And with the WoW community the way it is at the moment, I'm not sure it would see any productive usage.

4. This could be another potential easy fix. The most obvious one is reverting some loot tables to drop retired items. The other is to add an item on the BMAH similar to the random item crates, but specifically for retired or otherwise super rare world drops, such as those mentioned in Rextroy's post.

5. I think it's safe to say that the At War feature ended up being removed due to having potential to softlock players in the story, given how integral neutral factions are to the current game. Could still work if they added alternate methods to re-acquire reputation, however.

So overall, I think two could very easily be brought back, with a third being a bit more complicated, but certainly not out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    Kiting was disruptive as I've already said, but it definitely did made the world more dynamic and magical - like anything could happen. I liken it to the Fel Reaver sneaking up behind you while questing. A temporary annoyance that was unpredictable, but based on human behavior.
    I kited a Fel Reaver into Shattrath once. The carnage was amazing. Killed everything in site. Players sitting on their flying mounts and laughing while those in Shattrath getting one shot. Took 45 minutes for it to finally be killed.