Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Thats not how stocks work. Shareholders only care if it sells well. That is it. They care if it sells millions, they dont care if people stick around.
    In today's market they absolutely care if people stick around, because a huge amount of revenue comes from microtransactions.

[QUOTE=stross01;53532334]
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Plenty other gaming studios (not even going into corporations overall) had similar, or worse cases and they are still around, some even more popular and profitable than ever.

Time (and PR) fixes everything.

Take Riot Games or Ubisoft as examples.

FF14's studio didn't break stride for one second as a result of their sexual harassment. It's only acclaim and pride about Square Enix now.
    I mean the ceo of square enix told his staff to kill themselves in tv cause the fucked up a presentation and yet everyone has forgotten about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    In today's market they absolutely care if people stick around, because a huge amount of revenue comes from microtransactions.
    Actually they dont. Also blizz has nothing to worru about in that department.

Ummm, yeah they kinda do. That's exactly the reason why Blizzard stopped reporting sub numbers and switched to MAUs.

You think the company that made Hearthstone and Overwatch doesn't care about user retention and microtransactions? If someone buys (or installs if f2p) a game and puts it down, never to play again, they aren't going to buy any more in game items. By extension, anyone that cares about their revenue and underlying profits will care.

If I ever stop playing Blizzard games, that decision will be based solely on Blizzard's practices towards me (the customer). Their internal affairs scandals are a mix of drama and dark comedy that concerns Blizzard and their employees. However, the depressing thing is that following up on these scandals is now more entertaining to me than the game content that they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Just look at riot games they went through the same thing did next to nothing to change and had a recent 100m settlement yet not only are people still playing there games they are putting out smash hit shows kpop stuff and ever expanding.

Once blizzard puts out something good most people won’t care about the scandals.
    you really think they can put out something good?lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    oh, thank you. I needed a good laugh.

No one gives even the smallest shit about this outside of a tiny niche of forum warriors.
    yeah,a really ''small'' niche of a few milion players that stoped playing

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Stock prices dipped 40% after the news dropped... yet people still seem to think no one cares.
    Stock Prices were dropping long before that. And atm they are rising again.

You have to be hanging out with a very specific crowd for them to care about a video game companies internal politics
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you really think they can put out something good?lol

- - - Updated - - -

yeah,a really ''small'' niche of a few milion players that stoped playing
    I'm sorry... do you unironically believe that a few million players stopped playing because of the scandal?

Last I checked the #1 selling game of the holiday season was an ATVI published game. You live in fantasy land if you think the average gamer is even knowledgeable on this situation or voting with their wallet on it. In a perfect world the OP would be true, and it would force companies to be better and do better but GTFO if you think it's reality.

I mean the ceo of square enix told his staff to kill themselves in tv cause the fucked up a presentation and yet everyone has forgotten about it.
    Too bad square enix staff isn't a repressed minority group. So it was not big news. Sucks for them and shows the bigotry of social media. Also do you have a source for that? I can't find any news about it (in a admittedly short google search).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm sorry... do you unironically believe that a few million players stopped playing because of the scandal?
    im sure it wasnt just the scandal,the games quality has been on a downward spiral for long before,the scandal may just have been the last straw for many,personaly i dont care about the scandal,i just stoped enjoying the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Ermagah! Blizzard does bad things! We should boycott them!

-Sent from my iPhone 13

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Now that Blizzard has been forever tainted by the sex scandals, and Bobby Kotick has been unable to be removed by anyone (the one thing that could convince the public that anything will be different), is Blizzard effectively dead now? Its no longer “ok” to be playing their games.

Even if they release a very good expansion people will still take you over the coals for supporting them, so its not safe to do publicly.
    The "scandals" have been hugely exaggerated. The reports claim that everybody knew about the sexual harassment taking place and that it was happening all the time. Lore claims that Mike Morhaime knew and did nothing. But if Lore knew that Mike knew, that also means that Lore knew, and he continued to work for the company. If everybody knew, then that includes all the women working at the company. They all knew and they all decided to ignore it. I think what a lot of these people don't realize is, that they're shooting themselves in the foot when they make these exaggerated claims. Because if it's true, then it also shows them in a bad light. They all knew about it and they decided to be quiet about it. They have no right to criticize anyone. They should start with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by heldok View Post
    The "scandals" have been hugely exaggerated. The reports claim that everybody knew about the sexual harassment taking place and that it was happening all the time. Lore claims that Mike Morhaime knew and did nothing. But if Lore knew that Mike knew, that also means that Lore knew, and he continued to work for the company. If everybody knew, then that includes all the women working at the company. They all knew and they all decided to ignore it. I think what a lot of these people don't realize is, that they're shooting themselves in the foot when they make these exaggerated claims. Because if it's true, then it also shows them in a bad light. They all knew about it and they decided to be quiet about it. They have no right to criticize anyone. They should start with themselves.
    You must be young. Do you work in fast food?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    people will still take you over the coals for supporting them, so its not safe to do publicly.
    Who? What are these people that will embark on a campaign of social ostracization? The twitter mob?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Who? What are these people that will embark on a campaign of social ostracization? The twitter mob?
    Shhh be careful before they press the CAPSLOCK KEY and CANCEL YOU ON MMO CHAMPION

I mean most of my friend's haven't touched a Blizzard game in a looong time or ever. Most of the population doesn't touch it. Hell Candy Crush and Call of Duty are still doing pretty damned well for themselves and of that population the King game players probably barely realize a group of humans made that game and Call of Duty...they may lose what 1/16th of their population?

its adorable that you think anyone actually cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm unsure about that. Diablo is no longer the gaming juggernaut it once was. Diablo 2 was... 22 years ago. An entire new generation of gamers have grown up who don't know what Diablo is, and don't care. Diablo is just ancient gaming trivia to them. After D3, the dissatisfied old fans jumped ship to Torchlight, and then Path of Exile. Maybe a few of them will check out D4
    I love how you just gloss over d3 as if it didn't happen. Who cares that Diablo 2 was 22 years ago, Diablo 3 was in the past 10 years and had an expansion in the past 8. Diablo 3 outsold diablo 2 by a metric fuckload. Diablo 4 will be just fine. The 'dissatisfied old fans' that jumped ship? Welcome to a minority.

You do realize D3 passed 30 million copies sold in 2015 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm unsure about that. Diablo is no longer the gaming juggernaut it once was. Diablo 2 was... 22 years ago. An entire new generation of gamers have grown up who don't know what Diablo is, and don't care. Diablo is just ancient gaming trivia to them. After D3, the dissatisfied old fans jumped ship to Torchlight, and then Path of Exile. Maybe a few of them will check out D4.

Yeah at work when d2 remastered came out I overheard 2 Younger guys at work talking about this brand new diablo game that came out and I instantly felt some arthritis coming on.