Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    I think the sentiment of the post is why are we giving WF players exclusive content that get to experience it live while the rest of us plebes just watch it at home?

The point stands; WoW does enough to cater to the top 1% stop giving them more stuff otherwise more casuals will leave this game.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone say. So going by your idiotic logic, the guy that has the datamining bot going can see the cinematics before anyone else, I guess we should do something about that too, "omg the 0.00000001% saw it before me, why should i have to see it with a 5 sec delay"...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    And why should 20 people out of 2+ Million players be rewarded with seeing the new expansion trailer before anyone else? Nah. This game caters to the top 0.1% more than enough. You now want them to cater to the top 0.00001%?? (yes I did that on my calculator app)
    Okay but wait.

Hear me out.

What if they *announced* that the opening cinematic for the next expansion would be encrypted on the Jailer fight?

Suddenly a lot more people would be paying attention to the race. The hype would be insane. People getting excited for WoW is exactly what it needs right now.

Some of you guys need to look up from the forums. The average WoW player has never heard of the "world first" race, let alone watched a stream of it. I've played since launch and never cared at all which leet guild rushed through the latest raid.

The expansion announcement should go out to everyone together.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone say. So going by your idiotic logic, the guy that has the datamining bot going can see the cinematics before anyone else, I guess we should do something about that too, "omg the 0.00000001% saw it before me, why should i have to see it with a 5 sec delay"...
    I'm sorry you all fail to see this very simple logic. It's like this: Instead of doing a normal reveal, where you show everyone at the same time. You're suggesting that you lock the cinematic behind a raid, that only a handful of players, will get to unlock for the rest of us. I guess where I'm confused is how do you not see why people would be upset by this? You're literally telling 40 or so players who are in WF that you are the key to showing the world what the next expansion is. I'm not a Bernie Sanders supporter at all but I'm with him in that this is straight the 1% giving to the 1% here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tertullian72 View Post
    Some of you guys need to look up from the forums. The average WoW player has never heard of the "world first" race, let alone watched a stream of it. I've played since launch and never cared at all which leet guild rushed through the latest raid.

This is what's so bananas to me. Most players don't know what WF is yet many on this forum think it's the best way to promote the game.

I get that Asmongold isn't the most liked person in the world, but he has a new video out--yall should watch it. He hits the nail on the head where WoW failed. Activision totally tried to streamline leveling process and give things to people who weren't raiding. But the Devs willingly chose to focus on a game mode that less than 5% of the player population sees. And now you guys want to give that same player population the ability to unlock a trailer for the next expansion? Come on man at what point does Blizzard realize that the top 1% don't need more attention.

While this scenario is not going to happen the very notion that it could, or it's a "good idea" just goes to show you how depraved the WoW playerbase has become.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    You do realize that the WF race is live-streamed and they would likely list it on YouTube the moment the raiders clear it just like every cinematic
    I think the bigger problem is tying the cinematic of a next expansion to the clearance of the mythic raiding. Let the cinematic be revealed when its finished without any criteria.
    What im sure will happen is they will make a livestream revealing what is next for WoW or any other game just like they ocasionally do Q&A streams. But perhaps this will happen after 9.2 has been cleared so people focus on the current patch they play.

I'm sorry you all fail to see this very simple logic. It's like this: Instead of doing a normal reveal, where you show everyone at the same time. You're suggesting that you lock the cinematic behind a raid, that only a handful of players, will get to unlock for the rest of us. I guess where I'm confused is how do you not see why people would be upset by this? You're literally telling 40 or so players who are in WF that you are the key to showing the world what the next expansion is. I'm not a Bernie Sanders supporter at all but I'm with him in that this is straight the 1% giving to the 1% here.

This is what's so bananas to me. Most players don't know what WF is yet many on this forum think it's the best way to promote the game.

I get that Asmongold isn't the most liked person in the world, but he has a new video out--yall should watch it. He hits the nail on the head where WoW failed. Activision totally tried to streamline leveling process and give things to people who weren't raiding. But the Devs willingly chose to focus on a game mode that less than 5% of the player population sees. And now you guys want to give that same player population the ability to unlock a trailer for the next expansion? Come on man at what point does Blizzard realize that the top 1% don't need more attention.

While this scenario is not going to happen the very notion that it could, or it's a "good idea" just goes to show you how depraved the WoW playerbase has become.
    As a raider i feel like every expansion since mop has slowly taken away from the raiding experience. For the longest time raids were the biggest part of wow and the game felt like it was thriving. Now raids are a tiny part, still good, but there’s so many systems for other people that directly interfere with raiding that it makes playing the game very unenjoyable. I wish blizzard/activision cared about their end game, wow has always been about raids since burning crusade, and that’s why the game became so popular. Illidan, lich king, death wing.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Where is the evidence most people don't know about it? On every forum, in all chats, in every discord / group I've been in, people are more knowledgeable of the game than you think. I really don't think people are as misinformed as you think. Most people who play the game know about WoWhead. They know about the RWF. They know about upcoming patches.

This isn't 2008.

10+ Year Old Account

Whats the matter. If showed up after world first so everyone will see this anyway just right after or live. This idea could bring some more audience to world 1st show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Where is the evidence most people don't know about it? On every forum, in all chats, in every discord / group I've been in, people are more knowledgeable of the game than you think. I really don't think people are as misinformed as you think. Most people who play the game know about WoWhead. They know about the RWF. They know about upcoming patches.

This isn't 2008.
    exactly. Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an idea, it's an interesting one & would absolutely bring more eyes to the WF race. However, this would mean that Blizz would be putting all their big WoW PR moments out at the exact same time, giving none of them room to breathe. As is, they will get somewhat of press bumps from the WF Race, the ending cinematic, the speculation of where it could go, the reveal of the new expansion, the new expansion cinematic, & the streamer Alpha. Your idea would in essence combine most of those into the same event, meaning we'd have the WF race, then the cinematic that revealed the new expansion, then nothing until streamer Alpha. If the expansion takes until late 2022 or even early 2023, that's not a lot of opportunities for Blizz to bring in good press, something they sorely need right now.

That's before even considering how many people on forums like this will consider it a bit of a cheap out...trying to only give one cinematic to cover two roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    As a raider i feel like every expansion since mop has slowly taken away from the raiding experience. For the longest time raids were the biggest part of wow and the game felt like it was thriving. Now raids are a tiny part, still good, but there’s so many systems for other people that directly interfere with raiding that it makes playing the game very unenjoyable. I wish blizzard/activision cared about their end game, wow has always been about raids since burning crusade, and that’s why the game became so popular. Illidan, lich king, death wing.
    WoW wasn't popular for raids. Back then WoW was popular because of you didn't need to group up to level, and all the dungeons/raids were instanced vs open world. This is the issue right here. I get you feel slighted as a raider for the systems that take away from raiding. But this question is honest: Do you think Raididng is the reason people play MMORPGs? Raiding is literally a concept designed by Brad McQuaid as a mini game inside of the larger game. I'm not sure where or how people thought raiding is the soul of the game/genre.

I'm sorry you all fail to see this very simple logic. It's like this: Instead of doing a normal reveal, where you show everyone at the same time.
    That still happens. The cinematic could be published on YT by Blizzard the second the RTWF is over. So people can watch it either "live" on stream or 1 minute later on Youtube on the official Blizzard channel.

You're suggesting that you lock the cinematic behind a raid, that only a handful of players, will get to unlock for the rest of us. I guess where I'm confused is how do you not see why people would be upset by this? You're literally telling 40 or so players who are in WF that you are the key to showing the world what the next expansion is.
    Okay, what's the difference for me if the cinematic gets unlocked after 40 players defeated a raid or 1 Blizzard employee pressing a button? Should I be upset at that 1 employee is the key to unlocking the cinematic? Is it unfair that I can't work at Blizzard?

I'm not a Bernie Sanders supporter at all but I'm with him in that this is straight the 1% giving to the 1% here.
    Hating the elite is not a trademark of Bernie Sanders but of a certain other infamous "politician". Also that's absolutely not a good comparison, since those 1% here dont't gain anything!

Honestly you just sound extremely jealous. I get not liking Keystone master limited available mounts. But everything else in the game is right there for you. There is literally nothing WF raiders can do that you can't at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That still happens. The cinematic could be published on YT by Blizzard the second the RTWF is over. So people can watch it either "live" on stream or 1 minute later on Youtube on the official Blizzard channel.
    Like every other company--it's done by the company not the players.

Okay, what's the difference for me if the cinematic gets unlocked after 40 players defeated a raid or 1 Blizzard employee pressing a button? Should I be upset at that 1 employee is the key to unlocking the cinematic? Is it unfair that I can't work at Blizzard?
    The difference is one is an employee who's paid to do that job the other are 20 players who already have open communications with the dev team. Unless the WF raiding team works for Blizzard (I mean it wouldn't shock me if that were true) the problem is you're elevating a group of players who already are elevated by the company at a time when casual players are leaving enmasse that's why it's a bad idea. It's completely out of touch with the players and why many players are leaving.

Honestly you just sound extremely jealous. I get not liking Keystone master limited available mounts. But everything else in the game is right there for you. There is literally nothing WF raiders can do that you can't at some point.
    Jealous? Of what? Pixels? Lol. No No no. You misunderstand me: In a later post I did say:

A better way to do what you're saying would be to select 20 random WoW accounts who do not have any high-end achievements like CE or KSM and then have those players play together through a custom dungeon or questline where they reveal what the next expansion would be.

This would be a cool idea because again it would show Blizzard is trying to connect players who aren't connected with other players. The issue people have here is that you're trying something that's for everyone based on a condition of players who are perceived to already have a connection to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Okay but wait.

Hear me out.

What if they *announced* that the opening cinematic for the next expansion would be encrypted on the Jailer fight?

Suddenly a lot more people would be paying attention to the race. The hype would be insane. People getting excited for WoW is exactly what it needs right now.
    The problem with that is the purpose of an expansion announcement is primarily to entice people who have left the game to return & people who are interested in world first races generally still play.

Like every other company--it's done by the company not the players.

The difference is one is an employee who's paid to do that job the other are 20 players who already have open communications with the dev team. Unless the WF raiding team works for Blizzard (I mean it wouldn't shock me if that were true) the problem is you're elevating a group of players who already are elevated by the company at a time when casual players are leaving enmasse that's why it's a bad idea. It's completely out of touch with the players and why many players are leaving.
    Okay, where is the difference for you? Either way you get to see the trailer on Youtube. Noone is elevated, as everyone gets the same. Would it make a difference for you if there would be no cinematic ingame but Blizzard manually enables the trailer on YT once RTWF is over?

Jealous? Of what? Pixels? Lol. No No no. You misunderstand me: In a later post I did say:

A better way to do what you're saying would be to select 20 random WoW accounts who do not have any high-end achievements like CE or KSM and then have those players play together through a custom dungeon or questline where they reveal what the next expansion would be.

This would be a cool idea because again it would show Blizzard is trying to connect players who aren't connected with other players. The issue people have here is that you're trying something that's for everyone based on a condition of players who are perceived to already have a connection to the company.
    That's about as cool as my girlfriend, who literally played WoW for 10 hours and did not like it, getting Alpha access when BfA was on the test servers. She didn't even download it. It's a nice idea, but ultimately those 20 players will never play together and 15 probably would not even care. And I really don't get your casualism. 90% of the game revolves around casuals, creating raid content or dungeons takes way less effort than creating open world content. Every new system added is purely for casuals to keep them busy.

Okay, where is the difference for you? Either way, you get to see the trailer on Youtube. Noone is elevated, as everyone gets the same. Would it make a difference for you if there would be no cinematic in-game but Blizzard manually enables the trailer on YT once RTWF is over?

That's about as cool as my girlfriend, who literally played WoW for 10 hours and did not like it, getting Alpha access when BfA was on the test servers. She didn't even download it. It's a nice idea, but ultimately those 20 players will never play together and 15 probably would not even care. And I really don't get your casualism. 90% of the game revolves around casuals, creating raid content or dungeons takes way less effort than creating open-world content. Every new system added is purely for casuals to keep them busy.
    What I don't get here is I met the criteria laid out by the OP. An event of players where the end reveals the next expansion. The issue people raised was why is it that WF has to be the vehicle that gets you there? That's what people are upset about because again; casuals are the ones leaving. But your solution is to get a bunch of non-casual players, have them be the central piece to the reveal, and that'll garner goodwill among players who left? How? Like do you talk to people who stopped playing WoW? All the ones I've spoken to all speak very poorly about WF and the top end of the game. Do you ever go to the WoW forums? Ever seen their MDI blue posts? It's literally a thread filled with people hating on it because they feel the game director cares far too much about those players.

Half of the world first mythic raiders dont even the jailor is named Zovaal

And they are on record to say they dont have any interrest in this shit game beside raiding.

Whats the point of this?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say it every other week when another of these threads pop up.

After World First is done. So probably like April/May.

The raiders may not care, but Blizz isn't going to risk torpedoing the hype WF generates on Twitch because people are burnt by "Lifelands."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

E3, or sooner i believe.

Fuck I want the mythic cut scene to just be an hour long pre recorded presentation. Imagine the raiders just confused as it keeps on going

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry you all fail to see this very simple logic. It's like this: Instead of doing a normal reveal, where you show everyone at the same time. You're suggesting that you lock the cinematic behind a raid, that only a handful of players, will get to unlock for the rest of us. I guess where I'm confused is how do you not see why people would be upset by this? You're literally telling 40 or so players who are in WF that you are the key to showing the world what the next expansion is. I'm not a Bernie Sanders supporter at all but I'm with him in that this is straight the 1% giving to the 1% here..
    Mate, you do understand that if someone didn't datamine these videos all these years, or if blizzard didn't even put them in the game before they're needed and couldn't be datamined, you wouldn't ever see them until YOU cleared that part of the game? There has been plenty of cinematics and other storyline videos attached with finishing a raid etc. You literally have no ground to stand on in this discussion, but good luck making shit up to try and continue with it.