Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I wish Trueshot was more special on its own..

Now:

Wish:
    Not sure I would go for that variant with the very odd stacking crit buff, but Trueshot really does need to be changed to something more interesting.
    Personally what I would have wanted was something like:

Trueshot
    2 minute cooldown

When activated refresh your charges of Aimed Shot.
    Cast time of Aimed Shot decreased by 50%
    Any Precise Shot charges gained from Aimed Shot are immediately consumed to rain a volley of arrows at your target dealing X damage to all enemies within 5 yds.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I wish Trueshot was more special on its own..

Now:

Wish:
    i still wish they could stop shoehorning us into using RF, its such a boring ability

1+ Year Old Account
    I really wish Camouflage just became Stealth.

The old Rift ranger was so fun because it had stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    i still wish they could stop shoehorning us into using RF, its such a boring ability
    Hopefully DF will let us get rid of it completely. Seems doable, especially if the developers make RF more of an AoE centric ability as it currently seems like they might.

1+ Year Old Account
    My beef is with Double Tap. God I hate gimmicky cds like that!

Sadly, it's positioned in such a way in the tree, that it's not avoidable. Blizzard REALLY wants to shove Double Tap down players' throats.

I wonder how the tree would have to turn around for that to happen...
    I mean, the ability right now is pretty much "free" if you focus on single target.

Imho what must happen for RF to be a choice and not just something you take by default (due to all the AiS + RF enhancing abilities being tied together and thus enhancing RF into a beast) you would need a 3 pointer or 1 + 2 talent(s) where bursting shot is right now (move it to the general tree for all 3 specs...) that enhances AS/CS damage as well as grant it a CD reduction on AiS whenever you use it - or a 50% chance or whatever... like 0,5s per point on a 50% chance...

I mean lets face it. RF is potent and now you get the legendary effect, the talent effect as well as other %-damage effects on top of it. It's stronger than AiS with all that...So to not be an auto include, you need a choice to make something else stronger and the Wind-arrows alongside more frequent AiS cast might provide that... then it is at least a choice.

Or they need to switch around Surging shot + the Rapid fire "Talent" with Multishot and Trickshots.
    That way you can't reach the RF enhancers without investing into AoE but you do recieve generic baseline AoE abilities.
    I mean... right now you HAVE to pick RF to get to Multishot efficiently. That should really be the other way around.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-08-19 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I mean, the ability right now is pretty much "free" if you focus on single target.

[img]

Imho what must happen for RF to be a choice and not just something you take by default (due to all the AiS + RF enhancing abilities being tied together and thus enhancing RF into a beast) you would need a 3 pointer or 1 + 2 talent(s) where bursting shot is right now (move it to the general tree for all 3 specs...) that enhances AS/CS damage as well as grant it a CD reduction on AiS whenever you use it - or a 50% chance or whatever... like 0,5s per point on a 50% chance...

I mean lets face it. RF is potent and now you get the legendary effect, the talent effect as well as other %-damage effects on top of it. It's stronger than AiS with all that...So to not be an auto include, you need a choice to make something else stronger and the Wind-arrows alongside more frequent AiS cast might provide that... then it is at least a choice.

Or they need to switch around Surging shot + the Rapid fire "Talent" with Multishot and Trickshots.
    That way you can't reach the RF enhancers without investing into AoE but you do recieve generic baseline AoE abilities.
    I mean... right now you HAVE to pick RF to get to Multishot efficiently. That should really be the other way around.
    It is very much possible to ignore RF and the talents on the left side, and instead pick all the Kill Shot buffing abilities and Chimera Shot. Time will have to tell how it all end up working in practice, but a build that focuses solely on ST and two boss cleave could easily end up outcompeting RF based on tuning.

Its not about how it's possible to not pick it, because that's possible by just not putting points into it.
    But KS is several times weaker per cast even. And you'll get more RF casts than KS cast, even with the proc.

And chimera is something you can pick alongside RF right now (alongside all the CS dmg increase talents as well).
    It's about how RF doesn't compete with anything significant in ST *AND* MT in the rotation.

Either you pick it, or you pick another "skill-tree finisher" but it's not about CS OR Rapidfire, or KS OR Rapidfire (it's basically always in your rotation for just a single point and potent enough to be there, while CS for example is only really worth it if you want cleave)

But oh my, we'll see in the end. I'm having fun with the tree either way.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-08-19 at 07:32 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    mm is busted in low rated pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    My beef is with Double Tap. God I hate gimmicky cds like that!

Sadly, it's positioned in such a way in the tree, that it's not avoidable. Blizzard REALLY wants to shove Double Tap down players' throats.
    same here, but they seem to not get that we dont want to play with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

indeed, actually would be nice if MM scaled with haste and RF being a haste CD instead (like back in the day). Id rather let volley become non cd and our main aoe cd and couple that with multishot. i guess ill wait until DF to see how the current trees play out.

15+ Year Old Account
    What if they would change it to:

Rapid Fire (active talent)
    24 sec cooldown
    Increases your ranged auto attack speed by 60% and the casttime of Steady Shot by 100% for 10 seconds.
    Steady Focus (passive talent)
    Using Steady Shot decreases the casttime of your next Aimed Shot or Wailing Arrow by 34% stacking up to 3 times.

Also currently if you want Bulletstorm talent, you kinda have to pick Light Ammo talent to hit more targets per cast and stack up fast for charges. They should grant double stacks from Bulletstorm if you picked Heavy Ammo talent.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2022-08-21 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Hunter used to be my main for years, trying sometimes to make it back, but it just falls short.

First, they killed the old survival and implemented this melee abomination spec no one asked for. And at the same time, they destroyed MM in Legion.

Basically, just BM feels good to play atm. Really sad state of afairs.
    absolutely agree, MM in wod was the 10x better than anything since. they need to get rid of the charges on aimed shot and this stupid trickshots BS

I guess I'm one of the weirdos who really likes rapid fire. Being able to move and blast is nice, and it looks cool. I think it plays pretty well on beta, though it does have too many buttons with talents.