Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    as opposed to maximizing profits from micro transactions and the in-game shop?
    who do you think makes more money

companies that make quality food for their customers or companies that spit out trash foods for their customers

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    who do you think makes more money

companies that make quality food for their customers or companies that spit out trash foods for their customers
    well given the popularity of McDonald and similar venues its definitely the later...

10+ Year Old Account
    Games industry at large has shown us that making quality product is in no way xonnwcted into making profits.

On the contrary, it is in direct opposition of profits, since making quality product would take time and resources, and quality product would lack predatory monetization methods.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is sadly easier to put least resoures into a product, get it out quickly with big marketing and base its profitability in micro transactions.

Luckily, we have Dreamhaven and Ashes in the future, where they seem to applying the core of quality over time and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well given the popularity of McDonald and similar venues its definitely the later...
    I think thats hard to compare. Does one McDonalds restaurant make more money than a regular quality restaurant? I'd doubt that. Does the entirety of McD make more money than a regular quality restaurant? Certainly.

Overwatch and Hearthstone ARE considered GREAT games at release/short after.

The real GENRE dominating games from Blizzard with no real competition are WoW and Diablo(3) that have not only huge amount of regular players, but multiple generations of regular players since they have such a long runtime. If we define GREAT by runtime of active and huge amount of players, we would only know in 10-15 years if Blizzard was successfull. Comparing WoW to any new MMO is for this simple reason alone nonsense, since it dwarfs everything as soon as months/years pass.

With WoW the scales of how wide this games goes, are usually not even understood.

People that dont like MMO's, dont like PC gaming, still play WoW - not as a "game" but as a "time spend for a hobby", because they can do what ever they want in this game - lots of content for endless audiences.

How do you even categorize a game like this, when audiences are reached that wont even look at similar genre games?
    Last edited by Ange; 2022-01-10 at 01:29 PM.
    -

This is honestly hilarious I can almost imagine it, Blizzard senior designers having a meeting about the new expansion. They sit around the table and one of them asks: "So, guys, do we make a great expansion or a bad one?" "Lets make a bad one, we can make up for it with the cash shop". "Brillaint, Ted, brilliant! Remember to tell people they shouldn't try too much". I mean... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think thats hard to compare. Does one McDonalds restaurant make more money than a regular quality restaurant? I'd doubt that. Does the entirety of McD make more money than a regular quality restaurant? Certainly.
    One McDonald's certainly makes more bang for buck than a high star restaurant. Employees are cheaper, ingredients are cheaper, less care for customer service, etc. Based on sheer customer traffic, the profit will still go to a single McDonald's.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    They probably do but they don't get to keep a lot of it due to how franchising works where as an independent restaurant owner can keep all profits to themselves.