Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which loose plot threads are you most interested in?

Based off of 9.2 PTR there are several plot threads that have yet to be tied up in Shadowlands and beyond.

-Vol’jin + Rezan morphing into a new loa
    -Light and Life nathrezim traitors
    -Turalyon’s regency
    -Wrathion’s quest for Dragon Isles
    -Magatha in close proximity to many Shaman artifacts
    -The Scarlet Crusade resurgence and Calias child as their apparent hostage
    -Azshara looking for the “true throne of power”
    -Xalatath xalatathing
    -Yrel, the lightbound and their “light mother”
    -the disappearance of the new Firelands leader
    and the Stonemother hating humans again

These are just some that I can remember that happened throughout Legion, BFA and SL. Hopefully these are all used to populate a revamp with plots across the continents, but regardless which of these plots are you looking forward to the most and where do you think they will go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Did the Stonemother really ever stop hating humans at some point? She made an exception for us, albeit begrudgingly, but I never really got the sense she made any kind of heel-face turn in Cata?

As for the OP, I think the loose plot thread I'm most interested in is the idea of a general "time skip" that may or may not follow Shadowlands. That ties into more than a few of the points above, such as Turalyon's trajectory, possibly Vol'jin and Rezan, and possibly the Dragon Isles and Wrathion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Based off of 9.2 PTR there are several plot threads that have yet to be tied up in Shadowlands and beyond.

-Vol’jin + Rezan morphing into a new loa
    -Light and Life nathrezim traitors
    -Turalyon’s regency
    -Wrathion’s quest for Dragon Isles
    -Magatha in close proximity to many Shaman artifacts
    -The Scarlet Crusade resurgence and Calias child as their apparent hostage
    -Azshara looking for the “true throne of power”
    -Xalatath xalatathing
    -Yrel, the lightbound and their “light mother”
    -the disappearance of the new Firelands leader
    and the Stonemother hating humans again

These are just some that I can remember that happened throughout Legion, BFA and SL. Hopefully these are all used to populate a revamp with plots across the continents, but regardless which of these plots are you looking forward to the most and where do you think they will go?
    Don't forget Gallywix, Azerite, and the firing of the Goblin cannon.

You forgot this plot thread: The Ren'dorei and their quest to reclaim Quel'Thalas.

Already in BfA, Magister Umbric said, quoted verbatim by Moi, “We fight for the Alliance because we believe in its values. And one day I pray we will bring all of Silvermoon back into the fold.”

In the recent book "Exploring the Eastern Kingdoms", in-universe written by Shaw, it is noted by Spymaster Shaw that Alleria Windrunner is confident that the Alliance will reclaim Quel'Thalas:

North of the Thandol River, everything points to Alliance growth. Even in the Silvermoon section we learn that Alleria “knows” that the Blood Elves will stand with the Alliance once again — though Shaw is skeptical as to reasons why Alleria may believe this. As for Silvermoon itself, there’s no mention of the ruins which makes me wonder if it’s all been rebuilt. Unfortunately my attempt to ascertain an answer was unsuccessful.
    After Alleria said that she knows that one day Silvermoon will again stand with the Alliance, Mathias Shaw has been wondering whether she simply hoped that, or if the whispers she hears told her, or if she has seen it in her visions.[59]

Already in the comic "Three Sisters" written before BfA released, it was shown that the Void Lords, who whisper to Alleria, have told her that the throne of Silvermoon belongs to her by right. So Canonically and Factually the Void believes that Alleria Windrunner is the rightful monarch of Quel'Thalas.

Thereby, Canonically, the Ren'dorei under Alleria Windrunner and Magister Umbric are working to reclaim Quel'Thalas for the Alliance, further proving their worth to the Alliance in doing so.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-06 at 04:03 PM.

Turalyon’s regency for sure. I cannot wait to see how Danuser will assassinate him and his wife. In this way, alliance players will finally experience what we experienced during MoP, WoD and BfA.

Anything involving Tess Greymane and the Gilneans in general. They need to re-claim their capital already, that is one cool city to explore and hang out in, and that story needs closure. It's big enough you can add an instance or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Turalyon’s regency for sure. I cannot wait to see how Danuser will assassinate him and his wife. In this way, alliance players will finally experience what we experienced during MoP, WoD and BfA.
    He won't be doing anything horrible to Alleria, she's a hot Thalassian elf, so she's safe with Danuser. Now Turalyon, expecting some massive character assassination there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Anything involving Tess Greymane and the Gilneans in general. They need to re-claim their capital already, that is one cool city to explore and hang out in, and that story needs closure. It's big enough you can add an instance or two.

- - - Updated - - -

He won't be doing anything horrible to Alleria, she's a hot Thalassian elf, so she's safe with Danuser. Now Turalyon, expecting some massive character assassination there.
    Yeah because he's not doing anything with Alleria period.

I don't even think Blizzard remembers that Alleria and the Ren'dorei exist.

In Patch 8.2.5 of BfA, in the War Campaign, Alleria was the only leader who urged her fellow leaders to focus on N'Zoth instead of slaughtering each other. Yet in Patch 8.3, which was the actual patch about N'Zoth, Alleria and the Ren'dorei are not featured in any way in the "Main" reality (thus the Alternate "Stormwind" reality does not count, even if they are shown in a badass and awesome way there). Anduin, who was looking for help to resist the Void whispers, does not even mention the Ren'dorei, whose speciality is resisting the Void whispers. Instead the Ren'dorei are completely ignored and replaced by Wrathion.

He won't be doing anything horrible to Alleria not because he likes her, but because he doesn't even remember that the Ren'dorei exist. Magister Umbric still has a generic NPC model too instead of a unique one, despite being the original leader of the Ren'dorei.

Badboy Turalyon will be facilitated by Lothraxion, so already its not going to be “fair” to Garrystans because he wasn’t corrupted or tricked.

Badboy Turalyon will be facilitated by Lothraxion, so already its not going to be “fair” to Garrystans because he wasn’t corrupted or tricked.
    Yeah, or maybe he was already killed by Lotraxion in order to possess his body. Akin to what happened to Saidan. We'll see. I don't know which is worse tbh.

Yeah, or maybe he was already killed by Lotraxion in order to possess his body. Akin to what happened to Saidan. We'll see. I don't know which is worse tbh.
    Probably the tricked/corrupted. Turalyon being backstabbed and murdered by his best friend of 1000(?) years is believable.

- The Shadowlands is weakened, why the Void and the Light do not conquer the Shadowlands?

Fascist MAGA Turalyon vs. The World is one that I want to see.

Anduin's betrayal of the Kaldorei and its consequences on the rest of the Alliance.

And if it's the same but flipped, can't wait for Horde players to finally see what it's like to be constantly beaten, humiliated, called losers for playing the "wrong" faction by the company that writes it, have your cities blown off the map, and have your leaders race to comfort the enemy that slaughtered your people over and over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Don't bring real world politics in, please. The writers are doing that quite enough as is to the detriment of the entire franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Anduin's betrayal of the Kaldorei and its consequences on the rest of the Alliance.
    What consequences, Golden's Boy can do no wrong as the mouthpiece for the writers' obnoxious morality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Genn and Crowley still need to retake Gilneas, purify it of the blight and rebuild.

Also Westfall still needs to be repaired.

The Grimtotem storyline hasn't progressed since Cata.

How many years have passed since MoP? Is Dezco's son who became a Vale Guardian grown up now?

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

I hope some Nathrezim threads go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You forgot this plot thread: The Ren'dorei and their quest to reclaim Quel'Thalas.

Already in BfA, Magister Umbric said, quoted verbatim by Moi, “We fight for the Alliance because we believe in its values. And one day I pray we will bring all of Silvermoon back into the fold.”

In the recent book "Exploring the Eastern Kingdoms", in-universe written by Shaw, it is noted by Spymaster Shaw that Alleria Windrunner is confident that the Alliance will reclaim Quel'Thalas:

Already in the comic "Three Sisters" written before BfA released, it was shown that the Void Lords, who whisper to Alleria, have told her that the throne of Silvermoon belongs to her by right. So Canonically and Factually the Void believes that Alleria Windrunner is the rightful monarch of Quel'Thalas.

Thereby, Canonically, the Ren'dorei under Alleria Windrunner and Magister Umbric are working to reclaim Quel'Thalas for the Alliance, further proving their worth to the Alliance in doing so.
    I'd be down for this. Blood Elve players could even claim it back in a later patch, but these old cities are just sat there forever when they could be part of the story. What's even happening in Gilneas now?

- - - Updated - - -

It can't just be me that's assuming that this will actually happen sooner or later?

Anduin will get back from Shadowlands and Turalyon will be like "So... I'm actually a far better leader, decades more miliitary experience, I've been helping the people loads rather than running off on adventures, I clearly would make a far better King for the people, so I'm just going to stay in charge..."
    Then we'll have to do "Siege of Stormwind" to usurp him and put Anduin back in charge.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2022-01-06 at 09:55 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Most Interesting

- Xal'atath, N'zoth and the empty dagger

- Stupid sword in Azeroth

- Denathrius and the Nathrezim

Least interesting

- Anything with Yrel or the Light is evil nonsense

As a whole they really need to do some heavy world building. Because post BfA/Shadowlands this is least interesting and exciting WarCraft has ever been.

-Xalatath xalatathing
    Gotta give it to the Naifu.