2x four set bonuses viable?

I know we are a fair way off from phase 5 but I’m genuinely curious about if it’s worth using two lots of 4 sets in SWP? For an example to combine both the boomkin’s 4 set from T5 AND T6 would make for an insane damage setup for a spec such as theirs or would the gear gained overshadow a double 4 set bonus?

Did try and look up about this beforehand but all I could find were information on 4 set bonuses on each tier with nothing on the subject

Considering 3 of the 4 items you'd need for this drop in SWP, what would you need them still for?

This is all on a min/max perspective, when the first 3 bosses that drop the tier tokens are dead, are they worth more overall for a massive “8set” bonus or the raw stats from the 4of5 main slots trump them or not? Dunno if I would be gimping or gaining damage for the last three or not

Druid Discord is possibly the better place to ask, but i am going to assume that it's not worth it.
    A lot of classes i've seen wear the 3 "new" T6 pieces from SWP + one regular T6 to keep the T6 4pc and then just offset pieces from SWP, the reason being that SWP itemization is utterly nuts.

Of course, might depend on the fight as spellhaste (and SWP caster gear has lots of it) causes one to go OOM even faster, so it might be different depending on the length, but as said, conclusive answers can likely give you the Druid Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Druid Discord is possibly the better place to ask, but i am going to assume that it's not worth it.
    A lot of classes i've seen wear the 3 "new" T6 pieces from SWP + one regular T6 to keep the T6 4pc and then just offset pieces from SWP, the reason being that SWP itemization is utterly nuts.

Of course, might depend on the fight as spellhaste (and SWP caster gear has lots of it) causes one to go OOM even faster, so it might be different depending on the length, but as said, conclusive answers can likely give you the Druid Discord.
    This pretty much .. the stats on Sunwell gear are insane. Boomkins do have % based bonus on t5 though so who knows ... someone needs to do the math :P
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-01-08 at 09:00 AM.

I do know that Arcane Mages keep the 2pc T5 set for the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This pretty much .. the stats on Sunwell gear are insane. Boomkins do have % based bonus on t5 though so who knows ... someone needs to do the math :P

Managed to find a decent sim site that included boomkins and had done the math, from full phase 3 BiS which gave 1850 dps on a patchwork fight to 8 set (T6 gloves as the 4 set clincher) boosted it to 2060 dps.

However….

By using the BiS SWP list while maintaining the T6 set bonus gave 2076 dps…… a 16 dps increase from 8 set…. Hopefully I got it wrong but it looks like a bit of a let down :/