Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your proposed 4th specs for classes

Just for fun, post what you would like to see if Blizzard added an additional spec to each class in the lineup.

Here's mine;

Death Knight: Necromancer (ranged DPS)
    Demon Hunter: Dreadeye (physical ranged DPS)
    Druid: Venom (ranged DPS that uses poison, shapeshift into nasty creatures like spiders and snakes)
    Hunter: Beserker (Ranged DPS. Think Zul'jin from HotS)
    Mage: Chronomancer (Healing)
    Monk: Spirit Dancer (Healing. Dedicated Fistweaving based on the Crane)
    Paladin: Inquisitor (Ranged DPS using Shadow and Holy magic)
    Priest: Voidcaller (Tank Shadow-based)
    Rogue: Bard (Healer)
    Shaman: Warden (Tank Earth-based)
    Warlock: Dreadlich (Healer)
    Warrior: Blademaster (Melee DPS)

7+ Year Old Account
    those are all fairly nice actually i would like that more classes could use hunter ranged weapons properly as well as chain armor

Warrior: Gladiator (Sword/Shield) - Bring it back! Blademaster just sounds like Arms to me.

Bard should be it’s own thing and ESO Warden doesn’t fit in WoW, not when Wardens are plate wearing hula hoop throwers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Warrior: Gladiator (Sword/Shield) - Bring it back!
    For the love of god, this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Bard should be it’s own thing and ESO Warden doesn’t fit in WoW, not when Wardens are plate wearing hula hoop throwers.
    Which spec is ESO Warden?

Also this thread is for everyone to put forth their idea of 4th specs, not just mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 4th specializations is a terrible idea at this point in time for the game. Balancing would be an absolute nightmare.

And just to touch on your thoughts about a "Necromancer" specialization for Death Knights... big, long, and hard no on that. Would not be a fan having to gut the existing fantasy/theme of Unholy Death Knight just to make it work.

The ones I can see are Tanking for Warlocks and Shamans, Healing for Mage.

I don't really see the point of expanding on most other Classes unless it's to open up to a role they don't have access to. Adding more DPS roles to a Pure DPS otherwise seems redundant, especially when we have so many already. We really don't need more DPS specs in the game, it's already quite bloated as it is.

I mean lets just ask for a new talent row in a decade first.. and go from there.. baby steps..

Because this is an absolutely massive shake up to the game all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Blood Mage for mage, but so much of Blood Mage exists with affliction lock and fire mage already, the only spell missing is Summon Phoenix. We had something close with Phoenix Flames in Legion but we never had a Summon Phoenix spell yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean lets just ask for a new talent row in a decade first.. and go from there.. baby steps..

Because this is an absolutely massive shake up to the game all at once.
    Man I want a lot more than just one talent, row. Give me a reason for hitting a new level every time I ding, instead of feeling empty and bored levelling. The squish helped a bit in that regard, but man do I miss the old days of getting new spells every two levels and getting new talents every level after level 10.

Probably in the minority these days, since most of the people that still play WoW enjoy these expansion exclusive systems that get reset every expansion instead of having a system that carried through all the expansion, you know like a spell tree or talent row.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Why do ppl keep bringing up Bard? It does not fit WoW lore, and it is not something which remotely has sense... if the only reason is: well, other rpgs have them, by this logic, we can introduce a SuperSayian, a Cleric, a freaking Jedi Knight... if the reason is that there were some NE bards in Temple of the Moon, well, we can then introduce Concubines (these are mobs in Karazhan), or perhaps Dreadlords...

On a serious note, having "fourth" spec (intentionally put quotee, as DH have 2 specs and Druid already has 4, so you cannot call it fourth spec) is not something i'd like to see... would rather see the Ascended classes or whatever was the concept (like Archmage for Mage), or it can be perhaps ascended spec (Arcane -> Chronomancer, Fire -> Pyromancer, Unholy DK -> Necromancer, Fury Warr -> Berserker, Holy Priest -> ArchBishop, MM Hunter -> Ranger, Holy Paladin -> Exarch etc)... ofc with the ascencion come new talents, spells etc... this could also work with the fact that the storyline is going cosmic (i mean, introduction of Void, Death, Light, Shadow and other)...

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I think 4th specializations is a terrible idea at this point in time for the game. Balancing would be an absolute nightmare.

And just to touch on your thoughts about a "Necromancer" specialization for Death Knights... big, long, and hard no on that. Would not be a fan having to gut the existing fantasy/theme of Unholy Death Knight just to make it work.
    Meh, it's the players job to come up with wacky stuff they want in the game, and the devs/publishers to say "lol nope, we can't". Let's not take that from the latter.

For DK, I always felt like there's room for the OG kind of a Death Knight, that focuses more on being Knight than Death. Riding a warhorse in battle, sometimes fighting alongside it like Attumen, flame-based powers, massive cleaving attacks, perhaps summoning shades as a wink towards Teron Gorefiend.

My personal fav would be to have a new Demon Hunter spec. Come on, just 2 is freaking crowded. Ranged spec obviously comes to mind - maybe some slightly more magic-focused than Diablo IIIs version. Or another melee one, using 2handers (perhaps with the option to merge Glaives into a big Glaive), and Arms to Havoc's Fury.

Really like the OPs idea of Berserker. A more APM/autoattack version of hunter sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbica View Post
    Why do ppl keep bringing up Bard? It does not fit WoW lore, and it is not something which remotely has sense... if the only reason is: well, other rpgs have them, by this logic, we can introduce a SuperSayian, a Cleric, a freaking Jedi Knight... if the reason is that there were some NE bards in Temple of the Moon, well, we can then introduce Concubines (these are mobs in Karazhan), or perhaps Dreadlords...
    WoW's version of a bard can fit however they design it. Think those Kodo drummers from the RTS, they did fit alright. Something can be designed around that idea.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2022-01-07 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

WoW's version of a bard can fit however they design it. Think those Kodo drummers from the RTS, they did fit alright. Something can be designed around that idea.
    Also that dwarf bard from Twilight Highlands who you help compose a song for his love Fanny.

Last edited by Orby; 2022-01-07 at 09:28 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

I don't really see the point of expanding on most other Classes unless it's to open up to a role they don't have access to. Adding more DPS roles to a Pure DPS otherwise seems redundant, especially when we have so many already. We really don't need more DPS specs in the game, it's already quite bloated as it is.
    not only that, but adding new spec to already establish class would lead to nobody wanting to play it unless they make it overpowered compared to old dps specs in which case old specs would be more or less abandoned... might aswell replace one dps spec then...

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting aside my own reservations about having additional specs as opposed to a new class, here's what I'd have for each current class:

Death Knight: Necromancer (Ranged DPS with tons of ghouls)
    Demon Hunter: Sacrifice (Heal spec where the DH sacrifices their own health & heals by siphoning health from enemies)
    Druid: Grovetender (Ranged DPS spec where you control trees, like a minimalist Hunter)
    Hunter: One with the Beast (Ranged Tank spec where you swap controls between Hunter & Pet)
    Mage: Chronomancer (Time-based Healing spec which can speed or slow debuffs/damage while healing)
    Monk: Yu'lon (Ranged DPS chi-powered spec. Other specs are renamed to match the celestials, Niuzao/Xuen/Chi'ji respectively)
    Paladin: Justicar (Ranged DPS spec using Shockadin-like holy attacks)
    Priest: Purity (Tank spec where damage is mitigated through the Light)
    Rogue: Medic (Melee healing spec where the Rogue uses alchemical healing)
    Shaman: Earth (Tank spec using the power of earth. Other specs are renamed to match the other elements, Wind/Fire/Water respectively)
    Warlock: Pit Lord (Tank spec where Warlock becomes a powerful demon to act as tank. Not sure if Pit Lord is best choice, but not sure what works better)
    Warrior: Gladiator (Bringing back the old Gladiator stance as a true DPS/Off Tank hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    not only that, but adding new spec to already establish class would lead to nobody wanting to play it unless they make it overpowered compared to old dps specs in which case old specs would be more or less abandoned... might aswell replace one dps spec then...
    To be honest, I wouldn't really be opposed to that.

That being said, I only play a handful of specs through the entire game, and I don't have much love for the nuances of say Arcane Mages or Survival Hunters or Affliction Locks, so I really wouldn't mind if they all got swapped out for Tanking specs if need be. Even if Enhancement was completely swapped out and changed to a tanking spec, it would probably work out better overall instead of keeping it around as a middling/mediocre DPS spec as it seems to always be.

To be honest, I wouldn't really be opposed to that.

That being said, I only play a handful of specs through the entire game, and I don't have much love for the nuances of say Arcane Mages or Survival Hunters or Affliction Locks, so I really wouldn't mind if they all got swapped out for Tanking specs if need be. Even if Enhancement was completely swapped out and changed to a tanking spec, it would probably work out better overall instead of keeping it around as a middling/mediocre DPS spec as it seems to always be.
    well most people play certain spec bcs they like the playstyle, so if the playstyle would be different they wouldnt have much of a reason to play it (unless its OP), and if its similar what would be the point of adding it

all in all, i think its terrible idea, new class seems to be much better idea and even that is not really that bright

Definitely. New specs should make new roles accessible, otherwise they serve little purpose. I think it was a mistake to have classes with 3 specs all filling the same role, and i think Blizzard has since realised this as well, which is why the DH only has two specs.

Though i'd treat Range and Melee DPS as seperate roles for this purpose.

Warrior: a ranged spec that uses bows/guns/crossbows. Whereas hunters embody the "ranger in the wilderness" archetype, a ranged warrior would be more like an English longbowman at the Battle of Agincourt. Alternatively, it could riff the Paragon from GW1 Nightfall and be a warrior who throws javelins as his ranged attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Just for fun, post what you would like to see if Blizzard added an additional spec to each class in the lineup.

Here's mine;

Death Knight: Necromancer (ranged DPS)
    Demon Hunter: Dreadeye (physical ranged DPS)
    Druid: Venom (ranged DPS that uses poison, shapeshift into nasty creatures like spiders and snakes)
    Hunter: Beserker (Ranged DPS. Think Zul'jin from HotS)
    Mage: Chronomancer (Healing)
    Monk: Spirit Dancer (Healing. Dedicated Fistweaving based on the Crane)
    Paladin: Inquisitor (Ranged DPS using Shadow and Holy magic)
    Priest: Voidcaller (Tank Shadow-based)
    Rogue: Bard (Healer)
    Shaman: Warden (Tank Earth-based)
    Warlock: Dreadlich (Healer)
    Warrior: Blademaster (Melee DPS)
    Death Knight : Necromancer (Ranged DPS/Healing with a cost)
    Paladin : Templar (DPS Protection) or Zealot (Ranged DPS/Off-heal)
    Warrior : Gladiator (DPS Protection) or Thrower (WIP name) (Ranged DPS, Throwing axes/javelins)

Hunter : Ranger (Tank with pet companion)
    Shaman : Earthwarden (Tank)

Druid : N/A
    Rogue : Dark Ranger (Stealth Ranged DPS)
    Demon Hunter : Demon Caller (WIP Name)(Ranged DPS)
    Monk : Scholar (Ranged DPS, Chi'ji follower)

Mage : Chronomancer (Healing)
    Priest : Cultist (Void dps melee/ranged)
    Warlock : Siphoner (Healing with a cost)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..