Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Death Knight: Light Master (we NEED deathknights but using holy light!! How cool and different would that be??)
    Demon Hunter: Skymaster (games first flying DPS, ranged eye blasts and melee swoops)
    Druid: Drugs (name not final, uses psychoactive chemicals on themselves and opponentd, ranged DPS, kinda like an alchemist that uses their own stuff too)
    Hunter: Distractor (ranged tank)
    Mage: Chronomancer (Healing and dps, cannot do any damage or healing but can reverse any damage or healing that is done in different ways)
    Monk: Ascetic (healer, kind of like a priest but they have even LESS fun and self-flaggulate)
    Paladin: Dark Knight (so much unexplored design space for a paladin using unholy magic!!!)
    Priest: Voidcaller (Tank, literally just a tentacle monster)
    Rogue: Pirate (but really this time, ranged/melee hybrid)
    Shaman: Wolf (off tank and DPS, spirit Wolf ect removed from other specs)
    Warlock: Lich (literally immortal tank, goes back into phylactry for a bit when HP is zero)
    Warrior: Medic (Bandage and first aid healer, profession is removed so now there's design space)
    Last edited by Firefall; 2022-01-07 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Bard should be it’s own thing and ESO Warden doesn’t fit in WoW, not when Wardens are plate wearing hula hoop throwers.
    I have this weird idea written down with Bard having three specs build on the nature of a bard.

Acrobat: DPS with throwing knives and dagger.
    Musician: Healing and buffing with the use of songs, music, and shouts.
    Storyteller: Tank, technically, an illusionist, take on the form of characters of different fairytales, give a few basic ones, and let the player go explore the world to find epic ones where you might take on the guise of Grom in battle.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Just for fun, post what you would like to see if Blizzard added an additional spec to each class in the lineup.

Here's mine;

Death Knight: Necromancer (ranged DPS)
    Demon Hunter: Dreadeye (physical ranged DPS)
    Druid: Venom (ranged DPS that uses poison, shapeshift into nasty creatures like spiders and snakes)
    Hunter: Beserker (Ranged DPS. Think Zul'jin from HotS)
    Mage: Chronomancer (Healing)
    Monk: Spirit Dancer (Healing. Dedicated Fistweaving based on the Crane)
    Paladin: Inquisitor (Ranged DPS using Shadow and Holy magic)
    Priest: Voidcaller (Tank Shadow-based)
    Rogue: Bard (Healer)
    Shaman: Warden (Tank Earth-based)
    Warlock: Dreadlich (Healer)
    Warrior: Blademaster (Melee DPS)

My list:
    Death Knight:
    Shadow Tank (With Necrotic abilities)
    Demon Hunter:
    Glaive Thrower (Physical Ranged)
    Druid:
    Nature DPS with Poison (Including Cobra Shape ability for some seconds)
    Hunter:
    Guardian (With real pet Tank)
    Mage:
    Chrono Healer or Golem Mastery Tank
    Monk:
    Fistweaving Crane Spec
    Paladin:
    Arcane Knight Tank (Paladin of Order)
    Priest:
    Moon Priest (Healing)
    Rogue:
    Bard (Healer) or Thug (Brawler Tank)
    Shaman:
    Spirit Healer (Restoration fully water/ocean and then Spirit totally new spec)
    Warlock:
    Blood Witch (Healer)
    Warrior:
    Acrobat (Melee DPS like the cartoon)

And don't forget Dragonsworn
    Tank (Black)
    Healer (Red/Green)
    Melee DPS (Half-Dragon Shape)
    Caster (Blue/Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Warrior: Gladiator (Sword/Shield) - Bring it back! Blademaster just sounds like Arms to me.
    My warrior has been benched since WoD lol. Gladiator Stance is the kind of talents Blizzard needs to be making more of.

I think 3 specs are fine, but they should definitely redo some of the pure damage classes and give them 1 non-damage spec.

Just for fun, post what you would like to see if Blizzard added an additional spec to each class in the lineup.

Here's mine;

Druid: Venom (ranged DPS that uses poison, shapeshift into nasty creatures like spiders and snakes)
    Those are pretty neat options, aldthough I don't think Druids need a 5th spec if I'm to be honest.

I am torn about the Blademaster tho, part of me thinks they should be a Rogue spec based on agility for that War3 flavor, and while appreciate a healer for Rogue, I really don't care much for bards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Warrior: Gladiator (Sword/Shield) - Bring it back! Blademaster just sounds like Arms to me.
    Oh yeah I miss that! Blademaster would be more fun for Rogues anyway

Death Knight: necromancer, ranged caster
    Demon Hunter: fel archer from hearthstone
    Druid: centaur spec that casts nature stuff like hurricane and insect swarm again
    Hunter: dark ranger or engineer/gunner
    Mage: time mage healer
    Monk: range spec that uses bow/crossbow and summons chi-ji
    Paladin: templar/crusader dps with 2hander and shield like d3 crusader
    Priest: IDK
    Rogue: ninja - ranged spec that uses throwing knives, or stalker - stealth bow spec
    Shaman: earth tank
    Warlock: blood mage? or old demo?
    Warrior: gladiator sword + shield dps

DK: Bone, ranged based, built around constructs and destroying them.
    DH: Chaos, short ranged/melee hybrid.
    Druid: n/a as has 4
    Hunter: Mechanic, Ranged healing, asically a mix of the classic tinkerer/alchemist & Survival traits. Think grenades, med packs, etc.
    Mage: Spellbreaker, Cloth Melee Tank
    Monk: Chi'ji shit - spell ranged dps
    Paladin: Heretic, shadow DPS - direct damage
    Priest: Cleric, Melee cloth tank
    Rogue: Scoundrel, Ranged DPS spec based on throwing weapons.
    Shaman: Warden, Tank
    Warlock: Shade, blood damage DPS. Life as a resource. Balance a DoT on yourself versus DD on opponents
    Warrior: Gladiator, S&B DPS.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I made a list in the past where I tried to turn more WC3 heroes into specs which looked something like this:

Death Knight: Dark Rider (death knights from WC2 who use more ranged attacks and use staves and mounts during combat)
    Demon Hunter: Demonborn (permanent metamorphosis that lets you fly a bit above ground and use ranged meteor attacks, think off the metamorphosis ultimate ability from DH in WC3)
    Druid: Keeper of the Grove (turns you into an actual keeper of the grove which mostly acts like a support class and borrows some abilities from dryads)
    Hunter: Dark Ranger (a hunter using a lot more dark/shadow magic and can control skeletons, drain life and even posses certain enemies)
    Mage: Spellbreaker (uses a large shield and unique weapon similiar like the spellbreakers from WC3, mostly a tank spec that utilises magic to defend themselves)
    Monk: Blademaster (becomes the WC3 blademaster that heavily stacks agility and quickly strikes their enemies with swiftness and ways to camouflage themselves)
    Paladin: Templar (uses large shield and maces which are heavily depicted in the Dark Souls games, becoming a new form of tank with an unique playstyle)
    Priest: Moonbound (becomes a priest of the moon like Tyrande's role in WC3, using bows to damage but also has healing spells (similiar like Tyrande in HotS)
    Rogue: Warden (wears heavy armor but manages to be quite agile, using a umbral crescent and knives to both tank and deal damage)
    Shaman: Earthwarder (tank spec where the shaman uses earth elementals to shield themselves and borrows the powers from the earth that Deathwing left behind)
    Warlock: Necromancer (the long waited spec where the warlock decides to use death/shadow magic instead, summoning skeletons and can even become a lich)
    Warrior: Pirate (just look at how popular pirate warriors are in Hearthstone :P, it also fits considering that their original class hall was on a pirate island)

Warrior:Gladiator(Uses 1h weapon with Shield) DPS
    Paladin: Focus (uses Bows/Crossbows/Guns holy shots, plays like a shockadin in cata or wrath kinda) DPS
    Death Knight: Necromancer (its in the name lol) HEALER (heals through damage)
    Shaman: Earth-Warden (2h axe/mace Staves/polearms) TANK
    Hunter: Naturalist (Merges soul wit pet gains abilities, cd to turn into pet breifly) TANK
    Rogue: Alchemist (Uses Guns Bows or Crossbows/ elixirs and acids/meds/healing darts) HEALER
    Demon Hunter: Harvester (Uses 2h swords/maces/axes/polearms) DPS
    Monk: Weapon Master (can use all weapons exluding ranged/shields has weapon abilities/strikes) DPS
    Druid: Soul-Beast ( Uses staff polearm or 2h sword has spectral beast attacks. Like a swing that makes a spectral bear head form and chomp u/ Like healer, doesn't use forms for main abilites, beyond utility) DPS
    Mage: Battle Mage (Uses 1h sword or axe with a shield or off-hand item) Tank or Dps cannot decide
    Warlock: Fel-Monger (Wields 1h/sword/mace/axe with shield) TANK
    Priest: Shadow (lol so like Cata Shadow, then make Insanity a new spec that plays like it is now with insanity and more voidy stuff) DPS
    Also for Priest if current Shadow is left alone, new spec Inquisitor (Light casting damage dealer) DPS
    Last edited by Pokeylope; 2022-01-08 at 12:11 AM.

Here's mine;

Nice list! I'd be happy with these, but for the sake of discussion I'll suggest some others:

Death Knight: Fire - Ranged DPS. We see all of this association between fire and death in the Maw, so DKs should have this (plus, Bolvar's theme is fire). Points their weapon at the enemy, with spells erupting from it instead of their hands like normal casters.

Demon Hunter: Harvest - Melee healer. Expands on the soul fragment healing of demon hunters. Uses melee attacks to shatter souls from enemies and channel them to heal allies.

Druid: Nightmare - Ranged pet DPS. Uses red nightmare effects with a nightmare Keeper (male) or Dryad (female) form. Specializes in manifesting different illusions as pets and does dot damage.

Hunter: Medicine - Ranged healer. Hunters are the masters of the wild, and like Aragorn using athelas in LotR, they also have a mastery of wild plants to be used in healing.

Mage: Chromatic - Tank. Dragon magic spec that allows the mage to transform into different drakonids to tank. Each of the dragonflight colors would have different pros and cons, allowing a highly customizable way of playing.

Monk: Chi - Ranged DPS. Spirit damage caster that uses chi and mana like mistweaver. Takes the idea of chi burst and old chi explosion expands it into a full spec. Basically, the Goku spec.

Paladin: Cavalry - Ranged DPS. The divine steed ability expanded into a spec. Ranged not by spells flying through the air but through their paladin charger. Charges from range like a jouster (the further away they charge from, the more damage they do). Not vehicle combat, more like fighting from camel-back in the Halls of Origination dungeon.

Priest: Necromancy - Ranged pet DPS. Second shadow spec for priests that focuses on pets. Summons temporary shadow skeletons and uses direct-damage void attacks like the WoD Ner'zhul dungeon boss.

Rogue: Fencer - Tank. Parry tank that focuses on deflecting attacks rather than absorbing them. The spec would be built around abilities like old riposte and evasion. Outlaw goes deeper into gambler/pistol theme instead.

Shaman: Summoner - Ranged pet DPS/healing/tanking. This spec would be built around summoning permanent elemental pets. Can use all 5 elementals (fire, water, air, earth, and spirit) to fill a variety of roles similar to druids, like spirit for heals or earth for tanking.

Warlock: Blood - Ranged healer. Inspired by life tap, sacrifices own life force to power heals. Specializes in draining health from enemies to keep themselves topped off. HP as a resource instead of mana.

Warrior: Artillery - Ranged DPS. Finally another spec that uses ranged weapons, only this spec would focus on large explosive weapons like big guns, cannons, and mortars. Like the cannoneers in the Siege of Boralus dungeon.

In addition to these, I would change survival hunters into a spearthrowing ranged spec. It would be almost the same as now, only all the melee abilities would become ranged and they would throw their spear instead of stabbing with it. The other spec I would change is making discipline priests a ranged holy dps spec instead of a redundant second holy healing spec. Shields can remain as utility, like how DKs have anti-magic zone and shell.
    Last edited by FossilFree; 2022-01-08 at 09:25 AM.

I gotta say Scoundrel would be cool as hell dude, kudos.

So many people putting in for Chrono-mage; I'd rather see Bloodmage myself.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I can't see it ever happening (there just isn't a way they could add that many specs at once, and the backlash of people waiting for thwir class to get a new shiny would be crazy) but as a thought experiment...

Death Knight: Blackguard (High risk tanking spec with lower mitigation but higher damage)
    Demon Hunter: Redeemed (Ranged DPS class that forsakes the demonic blood, trying to purge themselves of it)
    Druid: They already have 4 specs.
    Hunter: Spirit Bound (A healer that was two spirit pets on the battlefield that require positioning to maximize healing)
    Mage: War Mage (Tank that uses a variety of shields, battlefield mobility and refkects in order to survive and threaten)
    Monk: Wu Jen (Ranged dps caster that uses a cspell combo system to maximize dps)
    Paladin: Argent Agent (ranged dps class that uses a bow to smite evil with holy magic. Low mobility, high self healing)
    Priest: Houngan (ranged DPS Voodoo based caster that summons fetishes and pockets of cursed ground)
    Rogue: Gunslinger(dual wields pistols, so medium ranged dps class with high mobility)
    Shaman: Elemental Warden (Tank that has to imbue themself with a particular element depending on the situation, cycling through them as combat goes on)
    Warlock: Felblood Cleric (healer that summons a variety of healing demons and sacrifices them in gloriously bloody ways for burst healing)
    Warrior: Juggernaught (unarmed DPS that has incredible mobility that is hard to control, with limited target swapping/multitarget options)

In each case I am treating them as a sort of "advanced class" PRobably a little more difficult to play optimally than the standard specs. The reward is outside of the box style of gameplay.

DH - Soul Reaver
    - Role: Healer
    - Playstyle : Drains health from enemies while sacrificing a portion of their own health to heal allies

DK - Necromancer
    - Role : Caster
    - New Weapon Types : Staves, Off-hand Frill
    - Playstyle : Caster who wields the power of Death magic. Raises number undead minions on the field of battle who when they perish build up towards summoning even mightier necromantic constructs

Hunter - Ranger
    - Role : Tank
    - Playstyle : Duel-wielding defend of the wilds who works in tandem with their faithful pet to trade off damage taken and heal one another

Mage - Chrono
    - Role : Healer
    - Playstyle : Uses the power of time to reverse damage sustained by allies and forward the passage of time to boost ally abilites

Monk - Stormfist
    - Role : Ranged DPS / Caster
    - Playstyle : Uses the power of chi and the elements to hurl punches and kicks are enemies from a distance

Paladin - Inquisition
    - Role : Ranged DPS
    - New Weapon Type : 1h Flails
    - Playstyle : Uses the power of light-infused flail to lash enemies at a medium range

Priest - Netherlight
    - Role : Caster
    - Playstyle : Inflicts the enemy with torrents of Holy Light and Shadow to unleash devastating combos when these powers intersect

Rogue - Bard
    - Role : Healer
    - New Weapon Type : Instrument
    - Playstyle : Uses the power of song to heal and augment allies. Uses different tunes (abilities) to build and set off melodic combos for maximum effect

Shaman - Earthguard
    - Playstyle : Furious wielder of the elements who uses the mighty power of Frost and Earth to safeguard allies from danger

Warlock - Annihilation
    - New Pet : Summon Annihilan
    - Playstyle : Uses the power of demonic armor to ward off enemies and drains their health

Warrior - Gladiator
    - Role : Melee DPS
    - New Weapon Types : 1h polearms with shields
    - Playstyle : Highly mobility fighter who gains an advantage from striking their opponent from multiple sides

Some cool ideas in here, I think Earthwarden as a shaman tank is the most realistic.

If I could go back to 2004 and wave a magic wand, it would have been something like this:

Mages: Fire and Frost, with Arcane being added in Wrath
    Warlocks: Completely removed until BC
    Hunters: BM and Marksman, maybe adding survival as a melee spec in Cata
    Warriors: Possibly separate the tanking in to two, so AoE Protection and Single-Target Protection
    Druids: Have boomkins actually work, maybe change guardians to be single-target tanks
    Paladins: Make prot even more of an AoE tank
    Rogues: Were in a good place, they changed the least over the first decade
    Shamans: Either make them a full tank or not at all
    Priests: Were in a good place relatively speaking

In general I would have pruned the classes, except separated the tank role in to AoE and single-target with warriors able to do both. I also would have made Affliction warlocks the necromancer, not death knights.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Liked a lot of the OPs so only some modified ones from that

Death Knight: poison/plague (ranged DPS)
    Demon Hunter: Possessed (melee dps) permanent demon form in combat, can shift out of combat
    Druid: already has 4
    Hunter: ranger (physical dps), beastmaster now a tank spec with pets
    Monk: Mystic Fighter (melee dps, moves like Dr. Strange)
    Paladin: crusader - sword and board dps heavy focus on using shield as a weapon.
    Priest: Necromancer (ranged dps with minions)
    Warlock: Lich (DPS)
    Warrior: Blademaster (Melee DPS very samuri like)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

All are here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations

Death Knight - Shadow (first generation of Death Knights).

Demon Hunter - Spellcaster (Warlock version of Metamorphosis)

Druid - already has 4 specs.

Hunter - Bounty Hunter (Dual-Crossbow/Pistols)

Mage - Lightning (like the Diablo Wizard/Sorcerer)

Monk - Red Crane (fistweaving)

Paladin - Spellcaster (Sunwalker/Prelate)

Priest - Melee DPS (martial artist like the Diablo Monk/Overwatch Zenyatta)

Rogue - Tanking (Buckler-wielding Rogue)

Shaman - Tanking (Earth-based spec)

Warlock - Tanking (Void-based spec)

Warrior - Gladiator Stance spec.

That's what Survival should be, to be honest.

I don't know if Paladins would use shadow.

I think you mean Earth-Warder.

Didn't you say it was the Arms spec already?

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    Hunter : Beastmaster (melee dps, has several pets at his disposal instead of just one)
    There's already a Beast Mastery spec.

Rogue : Pirate (range dps) or Avenger (Warden-like melee dps)
    Outlaw is already a Pirate.

Monk : Spirit Walker (heal, can switch between between life and ghost form)
    Spirit Walker is a Shamanic archetype, not Monk.

Druid : Night Warrior (melee dps, uses arcane instead of nature)*
    Not actually related to Druidism.

Death Knight : Necrolord (dps)
    You already have the Unholy spec for necro themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Demon Hunter : Demon Caller (WIP Name)(Ranged DPS)
    Kinda overlaps with the Demo lock, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Death Knight: Light Master (we NEED deathknights but using holy light!! How cool and different would that be??)
    That would be a Paladin, essentially.

Paladin: Dark Knight (so much unexplored design space for a paladin using unholy magic!!!)
    A Death Knight. You just switched between the two.

Rogue: Pirate (but really this time, ranged/melee hybrid)
    Already taken by the outlaw spec.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Shaman:
    Spirit Healer (Restoration fully water/ocean and then Spirit totally new spec)
    You mean a spirit-based spec. Because a Spirit Healer is basically an angel and is associated with the Priest class.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Paladin: templar/crusader dps with 2hander and shield like d3 crusader
    Crusader is already Retribution.

Rogue: ninja - ranged spec that uses throwing knives
    Subtlety Rogue is already a Ninja.

Warlock: blood mage? or old demo?
    Blood Mage is now more of a fire mage. And old demo exists.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    DK: Bone, ranged based, built around constructs and destroying them.
    Would be kinda hard. Already a part of the Blood spec.

DH: Chaos, short ranged/melee hybrid.
    I'm afraid it already exists.

Paladin: Heretic, shadow DPS - direct damage
    Paladins using shadow is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Warrior: Pirate (just look at how popular pirate warriors are in Hearthstone :P, it also fits considering that their original class hall was on a pirate island)
    Already a Rogue spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeylope View Post
    Priest: Shadow (lol so like Cata Shadow, then make Insanity a new spec that plays like it is now with insanity and more voidy stuff) DPS
    Literally the name and theme of an existing Priest spec.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Shaman: Summoner - Ranged pet DPS/healing/tanking. This spec would be built around summoning permanent elemental pets. Can use all 5 elementals (fire, water, air, earth, and spirit) to fill a variety of roles similar to druids, like spirit for heals or earth for tanking.
    The domain of Elemental, i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Death Knight: poison/plague (ranged DPS)
    Priest: Necromancer (ranged dps with minions)
    These 2 pretty much overlap.

Paladin: crusader - sword and board dps heavy focus on using shield as a weapon.
    Retribution is already described as a Crusader.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-01-08 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I would say Blood Mage for mage, but so much of Blood Mage exists with affliction lock and fire mage already, the only spell missing is Summon Phoenix. We had something close with Phoenix Flames in Legion but we never had a Summon Phoenix spell yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I want a lot more than just one talent, row. Give me a reason for hitting a new level every time I ding, instead of feeling empty and bored levelling. The squish helped a bit in that regard, but man do I miss the old days of getting new spells every two levels and getting new talents every level after level 10.

Probably in the minority these days, since most of the people that still play WoW enjoy these expansion exclusive systems that get reset every expansion instead of having a system that carried through all the expansion, you know like a spell tree or talent row.
    Naw, I actually really liked the older talent trees better. I just have kind of come to the reality that it won't ever happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The domain of Elemental, i'm afraid.
    There is some overlap, true. But I was thinking of it being more of a beast mastery or demonology equivalent for shamans and their elementals.