Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So how is that different then replacing it because you got gear with a more powerful bonus? The end result is the same the gear was replaced. You want more gear with powerful bonuses to be balanced around instead of the quick and simple solution of disabling the problematic gear from working in new content. Again the end result of your suggestion is gear is replaced.

    Why does it matter if you replace it with gear with X bonus or gear with Y stats and no bonus? Is that previous gear not worthless all the same? You are arguing semantics and complex solutions just so you can rage and insult Blizzard. And now any poster who questions you.
    I don’t care how they make the new gear more desirable. Make the stats way higher, give it bonuses, whatever, I don’t care… as long as the way to get there is not by downgrading people and turning off things they collected FOR THIS RAID when they enter the instance.

    It’s amazing that the wow brain worms have got people saying “oh man I love when blizzard fucks up and then downgrades my character! Best solution ever!”
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  2. #182
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,532
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I don’t care how they make the new gear more desirable.
    Which is a lie and not even a hidden one. The entire reason why we are having this discussion is because you are insulting Blizzard over the way they made the new gear more desirable. The gear you collect isn't for the next raid but to progress at the current one. So domination gear wasn't designed to provide bonuses for the next raid tier but the existing one.

    Now your talking about some brain worm and still think you are the one that is sane or on the right side here. Take a deep breath and listen to how crazy you are talking simply because a person doesn't agree with you. If the net result is the same that gear is replaced and the old bonus the gear provided is no longer relevant it doesn't matter how they get there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is a lie and not even a hidden one. The entire reason why we are having this discussion is because you are insulting Blizzard over the way they made the new gear more desirable. The gear you collect isn't for the next raid but to progress at the current one. So domination gear wasn't designed to provide bonuses for the next raid tier but the existing one.
    That's an asinine view. People expect their sets from one tier to be used in the next tier.

    Now your talking about some brain worm and still think you are the one that is sane or on the right side here. Take a deep breath and listen to how crazy you are talking simply because a person doesn't agree with you. If the net result is the same that gear is replaced and the old bonus the gear provided is no longer relevant it doesn't matter how they get there.
    Do you genuinely believe that these two statements are identical:

    "I broke your toys so that the new ones look cooler"
    "I made the new toys so cool you won't even want the old ones"
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  4. #184
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,532
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That's an asinine view. People expect their sets from one tier to be used in the next tier.
    Which is false and you know it if you've played any amount of the game. You expect to replace your previous tier gear in the current tier and not keep using its bonuses for that tier. You can expect to use previous gear until it is replaced and you can still do that. Domination gear with its effects turned off is still going to be good gear because of the item level.

    They are effectively the same statement. Old gear is replaced by new gear.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is false and you know it if you've played any amount of the game. You expect to replace your previous tier gear in the current tier and not keep using its bonuses for that tier. You can expect to use previous gear until it is replaced and you can still do that. Domination gear with its effects turned off is still going to be good gear because of the item level.

    They are effectively the same statement. Old gear is replaced by new gear.
    Does the gear from the new tier usually replace your old gear the second you zone into a new raid? No, so once again can you stop wasting our time with stupid comparisons?

    So, your answer is that you legitimately don’t have the basic mental faculties capable of understanding the difference between taking something away in order to make something new more appealing, as opposed to just making the new thing better.

    If someone is selling you a house and you said “I would like if it had new windows” and the seller said “well, how about instead of that, I go to your current house and break the windows so that these windows seem more impressive?” do you actually expect me to believe that you would say “oh that totally makes sense, because I don’t understand the difference.”
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    All i see is mindless defending.
    Don't like the game?. Pack your bags and hit the road. I'm just hoping the developers won't be incompetent yet again and cater towards clueless people that want to kill off the grinds and prefer AFK'ing in the air.

  7. #187
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,268
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    "I broke your toys so that the new ones look cooler"
    "I made the new toys so cool you won't even want the old ones"
    "Well i am just going to play with both then!"
    we keep telling you why it does not work, then you just scream about how "blizzard has given you the brain worms" to distract from the point of you have no actual decent argument.


    i can't believe you have "the brain worms" so bad that you are ACTUALLY DEFENDING SHARDS OF DOMINATION like mmochamp is the only place on the entire internet ANYONE is defending them and angry about their removal.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-01-11 at 05:07 AM.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFinlot View Post
    Wait.
    Borrowed power per patch basis?
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I'm not even gonna rip them at this point, it's just disheartening. I really want WoW to be great and i just have lost all faith that this is the team to achieve that. Seasonal resets are one thing killing wow, why double down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Hahahaha, the borrowed power didn't even last the expansion, nice game design right there. I hope everybody still playing retail had fun farming that, it's useless now.
    Dom shards are basically just a "set bonus," which has been in WoW since...basically ever, right? (Until it wasn't, but then it came back)
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  9. #189
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,012
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Let the mindless REEEEEEEEEE begin.
    I don't think they've stopped since WoW began

  10. #190
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Dom shards are basically just a "set bonus," which has been in WoW since...basically ever, right? (Until it wasn't, but then it came back)
    and trinkets dont forget those too, as those were also VERY much borrowed power.

  11. #191
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Don't like the game?. Pack your bags and hit the road. I'm just hoping the developers won't be incompetent yet again and cater towards clueless people that want to kill off the grinds and prefer AFK'ing in the air.
    That has nothing to do with anything people here but ok.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And why is that?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Mythic CE raider here, I would 100% support this.
    Make more than 1 raid relevant oer tier and stop devalueing everything every patch.
    It's been explained a dozen times, try reading the thread you participate. % increase gems means you will wear at least one until the end of Shadowlands and have to go back to farm SoD on any new char you level.

    Looking at your edit you actually like that. Personally I stopped raiding 6x a week 15 years ago, not everyone has the time for more than one relevant raid tier anymore.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Well i am just going to play with both then!"
    we keep telling you why it does not work, then you just scream about how "blizzard has given you the brain worms" to distract from the point of you have no actual decent argument.


    i can't believe you have "the brain worms" so bad that you are ACTUALLY DEFENDING SHARDS OF DOMINATION like mmochamp is the only place on the entire internet ANYONE is defending them and angry about their removal.
    Shards of domination are garbage.

    Downgrading players when they step into the new raid is garbage.

    These are not mutually exclusive. As I said earlier, sycophants will defend any asinine decision Blizzard makes because they act like the alternative is do nothing whatsoever. Making the new gear more desirable in order to ensure people upgrade is a real solution, and the best you can come up with is nonsense about how the tier set bonus model was carved into stone by Jesus and Muhammed together and can't be altered to fix this.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't think they've stopped since WoW began
    When WoTLK launched, I remember people barking "This game is still alive?! lulz". No joke, that's when WoTLK launched.
    But this wasn't on this site, it was on another. So yeah, your point is valid to this day.

  15. #195
    This decision just proves that the devs have nothing but contempt for the playerbase. Despicable.

    They could have made it so new gear from Zereth Mortis doesn't have Domination sockets - which would make sense because it's not Jailer's territory.
    But completely devaluing socketed gear is just an ass move. Sorry. I had hoped for Blizzard to become more player friendly after all the scandal but they
    just give us the middle finger all over again.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2022-01-11 at 04:04 PM.

  16. #196
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    This decision just proves that the devs have nothing but contempt for the playerbase. Despicable.

    They could have made it so new gear from Zereth Mortis doesn't have Domination sockets - which would make sense because it's not Jailer's territory.
    But completely devaluing socketed gear is just an ass move. Sorry. I had hoped for Blizzard to become more player friendly after all the scandal but they
    just give us the middle finger all over again.
    this wouldnt solve the problem, as the shards increase your damage by %'s which means unless the gear was INSANELY better, you would still use old raid gear to use the shards.

    this is literally the most player friendly thing, mmochampion is the ONLY place on the entire wow community that is MAD they are removing shards of domination, and its fucking hilarious.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's been explained a dozen times, try reading the thread you participate. % increase gems means you will wear at least one until the end of Shadowlands and have to go back to farm SoD on any new char you level.

    Looking at your edit you actually like that. Personally I stopped raiding 6x a week 15 years ago, not everyone has the time for more than one relevant raid tier anymore.
    I am also not raiding 6x a week. It's 2 times actually with a chill hc farm night every other week if I have time.
    There are 2 possible scenarios here:
    1. You played the last tiger either way, congrats, you keep at least a little bit of your progress for the next tier.
    2. You did not play the last tier: Good, now you have a reason to have a look at it with one of the dozen farm groups that will pop up to farm those shards and the upgrades for them. All around the clock, in a much faster place than last tier. No commitment needed, you can jump in and out whenever you want.

    It's a win/win situation with very little drawback. Yes, if you switch to an alt you might lose a little bit if throughput for 2-3 weeks, but that is the same with ALL gear.

  18. #198
    Im not surprised, Blizzard follows a basic cookie cutter template with no real thought process going into anything other then raids. I pretty much kenw this was headed down the pipes as I never bothered with the system on an Alt and on my Main outside the preferred ones for raids I never bothered to level them and I never bothered to swap out of them for anything else I did..

  19. #199
    I always thought of shards as the major soft nerf system for the raid and less being directly linked to player power. Like yes they gave us some power outside of raid but its all really tied to the theme of the patch. I will certainly miss the impact of blood link on my dps but if we compare them to past things like the icc buff that were just plain auras that scaled over time, I def think these are more interesting.

    If people's problem is that the ~6-7% from the passives being gone and not the set bonus I doubt we are really gonna feel that almost at all. Even those passives can be viewed as part of the soft nerf to the raid. They were tied to the patch theme of the jailer's power breaking out of the maw and affecting the shadowlands. Keeping the dom shards also would require players that skipped the last patch to go farm the patch they actively didn't want to play in order to compete in the current patch. Is this really what people want?

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post

    It would become irrelevant as you got new, better gear. You wouldn’t become less powerful just for instancing into the raid, which is what is going to happen here.
    This is true and is something that somehow slipped past me. We will be going into the raid with our current gear.

    Possibly the effects are too good for the current raid setting and we would be encouraged to keep a domination socket all through the tier? Somehow interesting gameplay, also somehow seemingly annoying and forcing you to do old content in order to be relevant - something that hasn't really been a part of the most recent expansions.
    I 3d print stuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •