Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Shards of Domination Disabled in Patch 9.2 Eternity's End

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    What is going to happen with the shards of domination come 9.2?

Our plan, which we’re currently working on bringing to the PTR, is to disable Shards of Domination in Zereth Mortis, the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid, and all PvP and dungeons, starting with the Eternity’s End content update.

In this scenario, Shards of Domination would still work as before in previous Shadowlands zones, the Maw, the Sanctum of Domination raid, and Torghast.

We’ll update our Eternity’s End development notes with this, as soon as we get it implemented.

Yeah, that's not at all stupid

I can understand why the bonus wouldn't work in the newest raid but why disable shards entirely in the new zone, PvP and dungeons?

It's kind of stupid. Old raid tier weren't disabled in latest content. They should balance it, instead of disabling it. It's just a proof of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Solamon View Post
    Yeah, that's not at all stupid
    Not at all. Shards were a stupid idea (almost stupider than corruption in BFA) with even worse implementation and the sooner they die the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    It's kind of stupid. Old raid tier weren't disabled in latest content. They should balance it, instead of disabling it. It's just a proof of failure.
    The damage shards give % increase. If still active you'd be wearing at least one of them until the end of Shadowlands and would have to sim everytime how many of them you should keep wearing. All the time wondering how much damage is worth the missing stamina from higher ilvl gear.

Disabling shards is a good decision. The stupid decision was creating them in the first place.

OMEGALUL Why did they even make this system? Such a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    OMEGALUL Why did they even make this system? Such a waste of time.
    There must always be a time grind from now on. Always.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Pretty sure the fact we’re getting tier sets is the reason anyway. Who would want old gear with dom sockets over higher level gear with tier bonuses

Wait.
    Borrowed power per patch basis?

I'm not even gonna rip them at this point, it's just disheartening. I really want WoW to be great and i just have lost all faith that this is the team to achieve that. Seasonal resets are one thing killing wow, why double down?

Blizzard having a hard time pleasing their fans. If they allowed shards people would complain, and when they disable them people complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Blizzard having a hard time pleasing their fans. If they allowed shards people would complain, and when they disable them people complain.
    Pretty much.

There was a long post on the official forums asking for them to be disabled prior to this.

This is why you don't do any end game content in World of Warcraft kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, the borrowed power didn't even last the expansion, nice game design right there. I hope everybody still playing retail had fun farming that, it's useless now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Hahahaha, the borrowed power didn't even last the expansion, nice game design right there. I hope everybody still playing retail had fun farming that, it's useless now.
    What were people even farming?

It fell into your lap just raiding.

Not that it was a good system (too generic for me), but it literally just took raiding, something we were doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    What is going to happen with the shards of domination come 9.2?

Our plan, which we’re currently working on bringing to the PTR, is to disable Shards of Domination in Zereth Mortis, the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid, and all PvP and dungeons, starting with the Eternity’s End content update.

In this scenario, Shards of Domination would still work as before in previous Shadowlands zones, the Maw, the Sanctum of Domination raid, and Torghast.

We’ll update our Eternity’s End development notes with this, as soon as we get it implemented.
    AMAZING VERTICAL CONTENT

People payin real money for a game that nullify their own progress within the SAME EXP

One of THE worst systems ever made. Glad they're just saying yeah fuck it and turning it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Yep, pretty much.
    Entitled people are entitled.
    "What are we if not slaves to this torment?"