Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Then, explain why everyone hated them?
    Everyone didn't hate them. Class Halls went over very well and Artifact weapons were well received. It was the AP grind that people didn't like. The weapons themselves were liked.

You hated them. That does not mean everyone did. That is projection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Quite the opposite I'm afraid. Activision Blizzard is one single entity. There's no separation of the two.

Blizzard had a lot of control under CEO Mike Morhaime, but he was replaced by President J. Allen Brack who was later replaced by Co-Leaders Mike Ybarra and Jen Oneal, of whom Jen Oneal already quit the company for a variety of reasons, one of which was her distrust in the company being able to change the culture within the company lastingly.

So while Blizzard was originally a golden goose that Bobby Kotick didn't care to change, that fact has very much changed, and the fact that Activision Blizzard earns more revenue from their mobile division King (publishers of Candy Crush) than Blizzard makes them far more susceptible to interference.
    This is wrong. Activision and Blizzard are two separate companies under one roof called Activision-Blizzard. Activision and Blizzard each have their own CEO's. Eric Hirshberg is the CEO of Actvision while MIke Ybarra is leading Blizzard. Bobby Kotick is above them as the CEO of Activision-Blizzard.

If that is not enough, you can look at any Blizzard game and you will not see the name Activision anywhere and you can look at any Activision game and not find the name Blizzard anywhere. They are two separate companies. Period.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-01-11 at 05:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz keeps bleeding talent like a stuck pig. Having designed pet battles (seen as a positive, good for casual play), the artifact weapons (recieved positively, only problem was the AP grind, and the lengths to which the players could go) and the order halls (also received positively), he wasn't bad at his work lol.

People still want to argue that blizz is still somehow as good as it was before, and that they still have the same heart and soul. Fact is, with blizz bleeding people left and right like this, wow will certainly decline in content quality and quantity. Blizz sold it's soul, it just took a few years longer for it to truly start to die off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Everyone didn't hate them. Class Halls went over very well and Artifact weapons were well received. It was the AP grind that people didn't like. The weapons themselves were liked.

You hated them. That does not mean everyone did. That is projection.
    The AP grind was implicit with the wespons. But I did write, higher up, that people liked the weapons themselves, but not the AP grind. The bitching didn't stop until v7.2 where a single WQ gave over 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon.
    Read before you (wrongfully) critize!

And yes, Class Halls was disliked. Very much, judging by in-game chat and treads on MMO-C during the expansion.
    Historically, people have always HATED being forced out of <expansion hub> (in this case Dalaran) for any thing other than dungeons, raids, questing and dailies/WQs.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The AP grind was implicit with the wespons. But I did write, higher up, that people liked the weapons themselves, but not the AP grind. The bitching didn't stop until v7.2 where a single WQ gave over 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon.
    Read before you (wrongfully) critize!

And yes, Class Halls was disliked. Very much, judging by in-game chat and treads on MMO-C during the expansion.
    Historically, people have always HATED being forced out of <expansion hub> (in this case Dalaran) for any thing other than dungeons, raids, questing and dailies/WQs.
    I did read what you wrote. You literally said this:

Then, explain why everyone hated them?
    You contradicted yourself.

Also pointing to a vocal minority and saying that proves everyone hated Class halls is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst. Class Halls were well received and you were barely there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You contradicted yourself
    No I don't.
    The weapons WERE hated, because if the AP system, I that doesn't means, that some part of them (the unique spells) we liked/loved.

Not until v7.2 was released, the biggering was quelled, and the weaponss could "shine". But x.2 is waaaay too late, in an expansion, for a core system to work.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

No I don't.
    The weapons WERE hated, because if the AP system, I that doesn't means, that some part of them (the unique spells) we liked/loved.

Not until v7.2 was released, the biggering was quelled, and the weaponss could "shine". But x.2 is waaaay too late, in an expansion, for a core system to work.
    NO they weren't and you are wrong. You claimed in one post that the weapons were liked and then told me everyone hated them. Thus you contradicted yourself.

The weapons were liked. The AP system was not.. You are trying to spin and twist to declare yourself right.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO they weren't and you are wrong. You claimed in one post that the weapons were liked and then told me everyone hated them. Thus you contradicted yourself.

The weapons were liked. The AP system was not.. You are trying to spin and twist to declare yourself right.
    No, I didn't.

Overall, the weapons AS A WHOLE were disliked/hated. Part of them (unique spells) was liked/loved, but that wad dwarfed by the hatred of the AP system, which caused players to curse the weapons left and right.

When v7.2 was released, a single WQ gave in excess of 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon, the hatred subsided, because the grind was over and people could enjoy the unique spells.

This is what I have said the whole time, and this is how things were back in Legion.

Everyone shitting on pet battles but legit liked them. When blizz nerfed the ability to do end game pet battle WQs early in BFA, it was legit one of the (many) reasons I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Everyone shitting on pet battles but legit liked them. When blizz nerfed the ability to do end game pet battle WQs early in BFA, it was legit one of the (many) reasons I quit.
    They did what?

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Why there is now a news EVERY time someone leaves Blizzard?

Waiting for “pizza guy leaves Blizzard after 20 years”.
    Because it generates traffic. And both Blizz and fanpages earns from it.

Then we have these 17 year old people - who played the game for last 17 years - with immense insight of economics and gamedesign - who will tell us that we are doomed.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-01-14 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    They did what?
    I was using low level pets to catch up some, and because I didn't have a wide variety at 25. The pet battle WQs used to scale in level. They are now at set levels (usually 25).

No, I didn't.

Overall, the weapons AS A WHOLE were disliked/hated. Part of them (unique spells) was liked/loved, but that wad dwarfed by the hatred of the AP system, which caused players to curse the weapons left and right.

When v7.2 was released, a single WQ gave in excess of 1,8B AP, which could max out a weapon, the hatred subsided, because the grind was over and people could enjoy the unique spells.

This is what I have said the whole time, and this is how things were back in Legion.
    Not what you said. Sin e youa re arguing and bad faith and continue to twist your own words by moving the goalposts to insist you are right when you were already wrong, we are done here. Artifact weapons were liked. AP grind was not . End of Story.