10+ Year Old Account

Riot is making a LoL fighting game

So it looks like Riot is going all out pushing LoL into different genres. After Ruined King, they're now making a LoL fighting game. The game looks impressive so far, and I'm hoping it becomes a contender in the resurgent 2D fighting game market.

https://www.ign.com/articles/project...play-deep-dive

Fighting game and MMO, I'm totally down for those.

I'm hella hyped for this. All I do now is play fighting games.
    Can't really even name 5 LoL characters though.

They're seriously exploding with all of what they're releasing, it seems they've been making some good millions, and putting them to good use, unlike lots of companies.

When they showed it was a tag fighter my hype died. Rising thunder, what this game originated as, wasn't a tag fighter so this was an unwelcomed surprise.
    Last edited by VideoGamePlayer; 2022-01-08 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    They're seriously exploding with all of what they're releasing, it seems they've been making some good millions, and putting them to good use, unlike lots of companies.
    They just realized they don’t have infinite sustainability and need to utilize their brand while they can, probably a little later than it should’ve been.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    They just realized they don’t have infinite sustainability and need to utilize their brand while they can, probably a little later than it should’ve been.
    they put out one hell of a netflix series that will bring a ton of people to their IPs they've literally never had a better time than now to capitalize

I don't care about the fighting game at all.. but the MMO though, after watching Arcane, I really like the lore and the world and steampunk is pretty rare in general. Really hope they won't cancel it or take shortcuts.

Not a bad idea honestly

It's great to see Riot branching out and bringing League of Legends to new genres. I'm excited to see how this fighting game turns out!