Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel105 View Post
    So you simply got no house. Sure, when you got nothing to lose, they can take anything away. Duh. Unsubbing for less than the quarter of a year means, that your house is gone and EVERYTHING inside it, too. Deleted. that you have to ask me what I mean makes me question if you played the game at all, because that's really anything new, nor secret.

It's not really an argument against it anyway, but one I heared often enough from people who can nothing but whitewash Square's greed since it's pretty much the only one they got, calling housing unimportant and alike.

But there a close to 2000 housing items when you put everything together, pretty much every content in the games gives housing items, there IS quite a big housing system going on with four soon five different places to have housing in, so the dev itself clearly does not see it as something unimportant at all, but a BIG selling point of the game.

A big selling point that simply does not deliver enough plots for alle players who want it. Not even close. Not even for 50% of active players. And they abuses this shortage instead of solving it.
    Ah, no, I have heard of this. I've never bothered trying to get my own house, but I actually saved my former FC's house from being deleted a couple months back by visiting it for the first time ever. Personally, housing doesn't mean much to me, but it's cool if people like it and I think what people have done with it is pretty wild.

Yes, I definitely have played though lol Deltrus Phoenix on Excalibur.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Ah, no, I have heard of this. I've never bothered trying to get my own house, but I actually saved my former FC's house from being deleted a couple months back by visiting it for the first time ever. Personally, housing doesn't mean much to me, but it's cool if people like it and I think what people have done with it is pretty wild.

Yes, I definitely have played though lol Deltrus Phoenix on Excalibur.
    Sure, that's fine, if you simply did not care, but it's a big thing and the problem of a MASSIVE lack of plots exists since way over five years.

I still remember when Stormblood came out Summer 2017 and brought Housing in 'Shirogane', close to one of the new zones in the expansio and a friend got a new, small plot. Some hours later, in the evening, he gave it to people who partly had been guild members for a while, since they had formed a new guild and simply had been unable to get a plot - simply cominig three hours later. And that wasn't even on one of the overcrowded servers.

And this was no surprise, 2017 we already knew, that this would happen, day one, first hour, you have to instantly log in as soon as the servers go up and get your house, else you will not get one.

So many years to find a solution and if unable to find any other by design - well, you can throw money at it and buy enough servers, either to create enough worlds for people or simply to add enough instances.

And it's not about a lack of 5% or 10% not even 20%. It's a lack of far over 50%. To even get close to a halfway acceptable number, Square would have to at least DOUBLE their server capacity, in case of USA and EU even triple.

That they don't do this at all nor even try to find any other solution, not even planing to do so, that they now just add a LOTTERY(!) system for housing plots and of course that they delete a house after only 45 (just looked it up, it's 45 days) unsubbing and everything you put inside after another 30 days... well...

Yes, if you don't have one, this does not matter, but housing is a BIG part of the FF14 content. And I wonder what for example WoW player would say, if only half of them could have gotten a garnison and that it would be simlpy deleted if they take a break from the game.

I also can't take it seriously, when the come up with "our servers can't handle it". I just played Sword of Legends, another MMORPG. It got no subscription, but simply gives everyone reaching max level (what isn't hard) a giant floating island in a zone with 20 of them, 900(!) intances, so 18000 plots per server (FF14 exact number ist 5760 now and will go up to 7200 with the new houing zone, but that's still not even half of the 15k active players numbers the game got before the PR campaign).

The housing there got up to 3200(!) objects you can all scale to several times their size, rotate freely and push around on x/y/z axis, even outside the boundaries or the build area. So it's x times more complex on its own PLUS you can save several version of it - simply forever. This will never be deleted, even though they are not even taking sub money.

So why can this company do all this without getting money and Square can't with taking so much? When WoW got close to 1000 servers all together, why can't Square not get 150 or 200, what they obviously need to support their content? Or at lest try to find any other solution, for example small islands or airships.

If peope don't play, this wouldn't take up much space on a harddrive.

I'm sick of their lazy, cheap excuses I tolerated for so many years. Because it's just that. Excuses. Followed by no action to improve things, they became worse than them just being at least honest and say, they give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    English is not my native language and maybe I see things differently but those lines are not talking about summoning both genders. One is for summoning female and the other is about summoning male.

"Barbed Collar of the Succubus - Strengthen your pact with your Succubus, ensuring that your ritual will only summon them."
    "Barbed Collar of the Incubus - Strengthen your pact with your Incubus, ensuring that your ritual will only summon them."

Succubus is for me female, and female for me its "her" not "them".
    Incubus is for me male, and for me its "him" not "them".

But it's better to be safe, someone could get angry and offended right
    Yep, better be safe and act sarcastically outraged about wokeness, rather than miss an opportunity. Even when plainly wrong.

You know there's a lot more demons than a singular one of each? So, when you summon a succubus, are you always guaranteed to get the exact same individual out of millions of...you know...THEM? If yes, then "her" would apply, because it's about known exact individual. No? Then the correct term is...*que drumroll* ready? "Them" one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.