Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    The majority of WoW gamers are stuck playing it from a long time ago. It has a very high median age, and I would say it's as high as 30+ years old. It's pretty basic math that the game needs to recruit new gamers to grow. It's not now, its caitering to veteran WoW gamers.

Getting new young gamers will not only make the game more popular, it will make the game way more fun for all of us. We will have people actually leveling in the world, we will have players that do dungeons and don't demand to speedrun it the first time they run it. Even if you are a "I hate zoomers" guy, you can also kill them in World PvP while they try to level.

Young gamers has no interest in playing WoW. Why?

My opinion:
    * The game costs too much to get into. Game + expansion AND a monthly fee? Also the free trial is not a good representation of the game.
    * The game does an absolutly terrible job of showing people the strength of an MMORPG, the social aspect. I believe the most common feedback from new players will be "it's lonely".
    * The game is way too easy. I don't know why Blizzard thought gamers hate challenges, and made the game this easy. My 7 year old niece plays phone games all the time and she tends to enjoy games that are actually a challenge, like Geometry Dash. If the game is a snoozefest easymode you lose interest fast. Especially new recruits that are not invested in the game yet, they have so many other choices.
    * The marketing department seem to not have much of an interest in recruiting young gamers. I don't know much about marketing but they must not try to hit young gamers at all, or they do a really poor job at it.
    * Young gamers are not as interested in PC gaming. They prefer phone games in a much higher degree.

What do you think, can WoW keep going in the path it is, ignoring recruiting young gamers?
    This is common misconception. I'm veteran player and game doesn't cater to me. Veteran players usually become casual due to IRL reasons, like having job and therefore not being able to play 24/7, as it was back in old times. They aren't bad players. They could be very skillful back in old times. For example they could do hardcore raiding. They know game mechanics. They know their classes/specs. They just don't have desire to dedicate themselves to game too much any longer. They don't have time to learn, they don't have time to train skill. They just want to play. And in this case they look more like newbie players.

And what I want to say - game is too hardcore for such players. It's more like E-Sport for players, who play for sake of challenging themselves. Not for players, who, for example, want to live in fantasy world. Game revolves around power progression and looks more like service, than game.

What I agree with - is that sub fee is bad for game. It forces players to hurry and to burn out. Overall it forces player to play more, than he would play, if game would be free. Minimal sub fee quantum is way too big - one month. Casual players want to play more eventually. Some players want to play for just week. Some players want to play on weekends only. Sometimes they want to play other games just to change scenery. And it's not that bad. It doesn't mean, that Wow isn't enough for them, so it should have more content. It's also common misconception. Players just want to play different games. And sub fee forces them to focus on Wow. So at some point they simply decide to unsub to remove this obligation from themselves. Yeah, there are players, for whom sub fee isn't meaningful, so they simply forget to cancel it. Yeah, $15 isn't that much. But you should remember, that it's not only sub fee, adult people pay. They pay for internet, they pay for phone, they pay for TV, they pay for utility, etc. And this sub fees stack on a top of each other, that result in significant monthly costs. So something also paying sub fees for games - is just too much.

But I don't agree, that Wow is easy. It's complete BS. It's harder, than it has ever been. It's the hardest now. Due to scaling, due to borrowed powers, due to shift towards group content. It revolves around purely E-Sport content. Mythic raids, M+, arenas, RBGs. Even outdoor content is tuned for players from this content. And it's major reason, why I no longer play it. This "game is easy" misconception usually comes from playing "wrong" content. Like playing 1-10 leveling, while having 10 years of experience, and saying "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu it's easy". Well. IT SHOULD BE EASY. Or playing outdoor content, that is intended to be played by casual players, in full mythic gear, obtained in hardcore content. Playing hard content - is your choice. If it devalues easier content for you - then it's your problem. It shouldn't problem for players, for whom it's intended.

I also don't agree, that game isn't about social aspect now. I have completely opposite problem - it's overcrowded. And social aspect - is two-edged blade. It's not always positive. It can be negative. When there is not enough of it - it's lonely. But when it's overused - it causes exceeding competition. And players just don't want to play World of Queuecraft. Forcing social interaction also causes problems with content lifetime. Content, that requires social interaction, usually dies, when activity drops, even when it can still be interesting for some players. For example they would want to play it on alts. This causes "You can complete this content only 2 xpacks after current one". And this causes players to shift more and more towards playing obsoleted content instead of current one, that, again, makes paying sub fee pointless for them.

Overall this game just looks obsoleted. While it was ok to play World of Grind/RNG/Time-gating-craft back in 2004, it's not ok to play it in 2022. One xpack costs 420$. It's cost of 7 new AAA games. Is Wow content worth it? Or may be there are some better ways to spend such amount of money? Yeah, game can keep you busy for 2 years. But by what kinds of content? By repeatable content? I.e. it doesn't have 7x content. It just forces your to repeat the same content 7x times. Not many players still tend to have such compulsive behavior today. Game just isn't fun! It revolves around grinding pointless things just to become stronger to grind even more pointless things and show other players, how good your are at grinding pointless things. This game doesn't have meaningful goal. Only permanent rewards in this games, that are worth getting - are transmogs, mounts and pets. And even these things are gated behind pointless grinds.

Direction of development should be changed in next xpack. If some players like current design, then ok - leave it. But some dedicated fun content should be implemented. Or, if devs don't want to spend extra resources on making more content, some "difficulty" switch should be implemented to make all content fun. I don't want to write long explanation, what "fun" means. Overall this content should be 6.2-like. In term of quality of course. Not quantity. May be adding some account-wide progression to make game more alt-friendly.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-01-11 at 07:24 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Young people will never care about that weird grandpa game some of their teachers play. Non of my students has the slightest interest in a complex game like WoW.
    From one school teacher to another: You are 100% right.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    How much do you make boosting?
    not been playing sl but we did a lot of it in wod/legion/bfa,my memory isnt the best on the exact numbers,because the numbers would change depending on a bunch of factors,some boosts costed 250k but in wod when it was easy it was just 100k,and boosting a 30 man group with 10 people was pretty easy with legend ring

i never really counted it all,but we all had multiple gold capped characters,i just spent it on sub,store and other games,and a lot of hearthstone packs lol

The majority of WoW gamers are stuck playing it from a long time ago. It has a very high median age, and I would say it's as high as 30+ years old. It's pretty basic math that the game needs to recruit new gamers to grow. It's not now, its caitering to veteran WoW gamers.

Getting new young gamers will not only make the game more popular, it will make the game way more fun for all of us. We will have people actually leveling in the world, we will have players that do dungeons and don't demand to speedrun it the first time they run it. Even if you are a "I hate zoomers" guy, you can also kill them in World PvP while they try to level.

My opinion:
    * The game costs too much to get into. Game + expansion AND a monthly fee? Also the free trial is not a good representation of the game.
    * The game does an absolutly terrible job of showing people the strength of an MMORPG, the social aspect. I believe the most common feedback from new players will be "it's lonely".
    * The game is way too easy. I don't know why Blizzard thought gamers hate challenges, and made the game this easy. My 7 year old niece plays phone games all the time and she tends to enjoy games that are actually a challenge, like Geometry Dash. If the game is a snoozefest easymode you lose interest fast. Especially new recruits that are not invested in the game yet, they have so many other choices.
    * The marketing department seem to not have much of an interest in recruiting young gamers. I don't know much about marketing but they must not try to hit young gamers at all, or they do a really poor job at it.
    * Young gamers are not as interested in PC gaming. They prefer phone games in a much higher degree.

What do you think, can WoW keep going in the path it is, ignoring recruiting young gamers?
    Keep in mind that the median age has always been 30+, and that that group does not necessarily shrink as people keep aging, replenishing the age group.

- Costs are a fair point in this day and age, however there is a certain draw to just paying up-front rather than havong endless not-truly-optional in-game purchases
    - I have literally never heard of people calling it lonely, i do agree it could do better to foster friendships between players. Perhaps a more genuinely mutually beneficial trade and cooperation system would help
    - Try PvP if you want real difficulty, people scale to eachother's difficulty. As to PvE: many have enough trouble with it already, the only way to really introduce proper difficulty is to make it truly optional by decoupling it from any trackable reward.
    - Again young gamers are not necessary nor desirable, as younger generations seem to be increasingly poorer in an economic sense. Which means they simply matter less from a marketing viewpoint, no point in catering to broke.
    - This is more of an argument for not playing WoW at all, as it is utterly unsuited to anything of the sort.

Yes, ignoring young gamers is just about the last thing on this game's worry-list.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

My opinion:
    EDIT: I want to clearify the game is easy the way the game guides you for the first 30 hours. The leveling, the leveling dungeons, the quests... I think the argument "Mythic raiding? M+? rank 1 arenas?" is an absurd argument because the players that get bored of how easy it is drop the game way before they can do these things.

No.

Almost all young gamers are just whiny children who are the reasom we have shit games in todays age. Keep them away. They would be the worst thing to ever happen.

If someone can not afford 20 dollars a month they have a lot more to worry about in life that paying a sub in a game. If you can not pay for what is basically thr price of one pizza, you're to poor to even worry about it. Get your life together.

Also do not bring phone games in to the same comment. Shit on your phone is not a game people who claim it is are just wrong.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2022-01-11 at 07:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    literally one of the most uninviting games to date....think about buying the game and instantly having to lvl 6 different side powers on top of just getting to 60...

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    People keep saying this. It's manifestly absurd. The notion that players are retained by content beyond what they're comfortable with is ridiculous, and most players have low skill ceilings. Ghostcrawler himself said most players do not want challenging content. The experience in FF XIV confirms this.
    FF14 in it's entirety is literly LFR knock off wow in it's difficulty. A game that has mechanics that are so blatantly telelgraphed that a 4 yo can do it, is not a good game. Players who play FF14 are bottom of the barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    literally one of the most uninviting games to date....think about buying the game and instantly having to lvl 6 different side powers on top of just getting to 60...
    ? You literally have no clue what you are talking about. Try trolling again.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    - Costs are a fair point in this day and age, however there is a certain draw to just paying up-front rather than havong endless not-truly-optional in-game purchases
    Yeah. I also hate, that F2Pish money milking is hidden behind content stretching in order to make it look fair. If you want my money - just say it directly, instead of mocking me. Don't pretend, that I pay for "playing content".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    • The game is too expensive given the competition. That's a fact.
    • The word on WoW has never been "lonely" but the community is bad and "hostile." That's not wrong.
    • No, the game is not way too easy. Other MMO's that have similar or less difficulty are doing fine. But there's a caste system moving from one area of the game to another and for the best PVE content there's a nearly insurmountable wall for a new player to get over. Also: see "hostile."
    • Marketers have their research but we don't know what it is.
    • It's true that mobile gaming is coming on strong. That's one thing but community hostility and cost override it.

The game is also old. People handwave this away but if they are anything like I was at that age younger gamers are more interested in new things, not games that are in internet years, ancient. Look at the gaming magazines. Old titles don't get a lot of anything. There's very little to be done about that but if the idea of making the game really hard is something that you believe will attract young gamers then I don't know what to tell you. That's nonsense. WoW's success from the start was built on accessibility and not being a hardcore thing. The fact that over the years it's grown closer and closer to that while the noisiest part of the community tells everyone else to 'get gud' or worse is enough to make nearly anyone look at the cost and seek alternatives.
    1. If you can not afford 20 a month (the basic cost of a pizza) you are to poor and need to either reevalute your life or get a better job.
    2. I have never met or known a single toxic person on my nearly 20 years of playing wow. I did meet about 50 toxic players in FF14 within 3 days of playing.
    3. That is just false and a blatant lie.

Id reply to the rest but they mean nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The WOW community is too toxic for the younger gamers. I would imagine you are talking mostly 16-20 ish. That is a social age and they like the positive interaction. WOW is not welcoming at all to younger gamers or even new players. Some servers you log unto and the "community" consists of a bunch of players spamming chat with boosting ads.

Blizz redid the leveling for this x-pac and I convinced some people to give the game a shot as a group. Roughly 6-8 first time players. They loved the leveling and everything, then they hit end game and were like "WTF?" They didn't last long after that.

I think times have changed and if Blizz wants this game to return to success, they have a long way to go to make it more welcoming and less toxic. I know they say it is the players but it is mostly the design of their reward structure and the way they structure the end game. You can be challenging while not toxic, a ton of games pull it off.
    Lmao FF14 is 1000% more toxic. Sounds like the new generation of gamers or just soft children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    its been a long time since wow was good... two expansions of overwhelmingly bad game/system mechanics, not to mention awful story.
    and that is assuming legion is counted as above average, which is debatable since it had a mix of big ups and big downs.

there are countless games more appealing to the young crowds, while wow is filled with mechanics that will repulse them.
    wow is for old players that are too inert to look for other games, and blizzard knows it hence the minimum quality + maximum grind + cash milking designs.
    Wow is fine and has been enjoyable in every aspect. My same guild since wrath is still raiding every week and not one person has left.

The problem is not wow, it is these so called younger gamers. Their constant whining and sjw nonsense is the reason you have the lfr level of mmos like ff14 or hideous games like fortnite which are designed for bottom of the barrel peoplem

Other gamea do not interest me cause they are basically just crappy bottom of the barrel cartoons designed for players with the attention span of a goldfish. I have tried other games and they all have 1 thing in common. They suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    The current EQ/WoW grind and raid model all big MMOs follow probably won’t.

Even with that model, no one is really doing it that well right now. The big ones have major problems, that probably won’t ever get properly addressed, but something built on new technology, that takes the best components of what’s out there now could completely take over the MMO space quite easily.

I’d also imagine the future MMO will be something that lets the players be more creative/lifestyle/community focused. Those seem to be key components that keep people playing MMOs.

Imagine a game that lets you design armor or housing items and then operate a digital store to sell them. Or community made dungeons/events with weekly rewards for the creators. That’s the future. There is nothing like that currently and it’ll be huge when it comes.

FF14 does the lifestyle/community part the best currently, but still leaves a LOT to be desired.

It’s just no one is willing to take the risk on something too different considering how expensive and time consuming they are to make.

Also we haven’t see Riots yet and they’re killing it in the industry right now. Who knows what that will be, but I could very easily see it sweeping the MMO space and being a huge force in all of gaming.
    Riots mmo will crash and burn.

ff14s stupid life style and sjw weak community of toxic players is the main reason I can not play it. Not to mention mechsnically it's the most basic mmo on the msrket. Nothing in it is interesting.

Anyone asking for a mmo that has player housing or the like does not want an mmo. They want to play the sims. Player housing has no place in an mmo. People who think otherwise are wrong on a basic fundemental level.

An mmo should be the following. All other thoughts are invalid
    1. Grindy. It should take you weeks if not months to get your toons gear or rep or anything elee.
    2. Be extremely hard to get into high end gaming forva very small minority.
    3. The majority of the playerbase casual that will never fully see end game.

This idea of everyone should be able to do the top end is just wrong.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2022-01-11 at 08:03 AM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, the new generations of gamers are all about toxicity and quick rewards from 0 effort. They want brain dead easy and fast paced "match" games, for the most part.

The game has always got too deep into this style. What else do we need?

I´d rather the game entirely die than see it go further down into that path...

For started, remove M+ from the game or make it non relevant. Raiding is what should matter and pvp.
    People are joining a pug to rush a M+, swear at other players who they don´t know and rage quit. This never happened so often before, now it is not a common thing, it is a default and accepted 95% chance of happening. And of course, they won´t commit to a guild, a community with basic rules of conduct and orginized raids with focus on progression, not on quick rewards.

That´s your younger players right there.

I’d rather WoW didn’t attract the Fortnite range of child gamers, thanks

Young Players play different game that have no time game for a paid game they are all on LoL Dota FF LA NW Warzone etc

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    1. If you can not afford 20 a month (the basic cost of a pizza) you are to poor and need to either reevalute your life or get a better job.
    2. I have never met or known a single toxic person on my nearly 20 years of playing wow. I did meet about 50 toxic players in FF14 within 3 days of playing.
    3. That is just false and a blatant lie.

Id reply to the rest but they mean nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao FF14 is 1000% more toxic. Sounds like the new generation of gamers or just soft children.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow is fine and has been enjoyable in every aspect. My same guild since wrath is still raiding every week and not one person has left.

The problem is not wow, it is these so called younger gamers. Their constant whining and sjw nonsense is the reason you have the lfr level of mmos like ff14 or hideous games like fortnite which are designed for bottom of the barrel peoplem

Other gamea do not interest me cause they are basically just crappy bottom of the barrel cartoons designed for players with the attention span of a goldfish. I have tried other games and they all have 1 thing in common. They suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Riots mmo will crash and burn.

ff14s stupid life style and sjw weak community of toxic players is the main reason I can not play it. Not to mention mechsnically it's the most basic mmo on the msrket. Nothing in it is interesting.

Anyone asking for a mmo that has player housing or the like does not want an mmo. They want to play the sims. Player housing has no place in an mmo. People who think otherwise are wrong on a basic fundemental level.

An mmo should be the following. All other thoughts are invalid
    1. Grindy. It should take you weeks if not months to get your toons gear or rep or anything elee.
    2. Be extremely hard to get into high end gaming forva very small minority.
    3. The majority of the playerbase casual that will never fully see end game.

This idea of everyone should be able to do the top end is just wrong.

Actual real life WoW guy from South Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    FF14 in it's entirety is literly LFR knock off wow in it's difficulty. A game that has mechanics that are so blatantly telelgraphed that a 4 yo can do it, is not a good game. Players who play FF14 are bottom of the barrel.
    lmao

you can clear heroic easily standing mostly still and spamming your 1 to 4 buttons. People who really spend time in game knows that LFR is actually harder than heroic thanks to people that play worse than bots

mythic is mostly an overtuned buggy mess grind clownfiesta required content

wow has no higher real difficulty that ff14, stop with this nonsensical copium, its so weird and cringe to people who are invested in both games

"My GamE Is SO HaRd UnLikE YoUrs!!!111"

Many vanilla guilds had >18y requirements and most people I played with were more towards >25+ even early on.

The game gets disturbingly stupid as soon as a wave of young players hit a content. From time to time, especially with PVP popularity the game got quite some history with times where it was unbearable to play in open world or BGs.

MMOs are in general not really teen friendly, the slow pace, the slow progression grind and the NEED usually to socially interact to do specific things or anything in this game, is not the feature list that younger gamers prefer.

=> FAST / DIRECT ACCESS to the maingame with quick sessions is what popular games use with huge <18y audiences.

Thats as far away from MMOs as it can be and WoW with its wide spectrum of content for everybody, that makes it even worse for those who want QUICK > COMPETITIVE GAMING > WITH ZERO INTERACTION.

As soon as the dead mini-game that is called PVP gets some minor gimmick mode, that doesnt require gearing, progression or anything that would require time spend, you will see another wave of young gamers and I hope you play at that time, so you can enjoy the whole shitshow that it brings.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    lmao

you can clear heroic easily standing mostly still and spamming your 1 to 4 buttons. People who really spend time in game knows that LFR is actually harder than heroic thanks to people that play worse than bots

mythic is mostly an overtuned buggy mess grind clownfiesta required content

wow has no higher real difficulty that ff14, stop with this nonsensical copium, its so weird and cringe to people who are invested in both games

"My GamE Is SO HaRd UnLikE YoUrs!!!111"
    You berate another poster about comparing FF14 & wows difficulty in raids, then proceed to do the same. Genious!

I'd like you to prove that you can literally stand still throughout a HC fight and still perform well enough for your raid team. Also, more buttons doesnt automatically mean you actually click them. In old versions of wow we had 2194871 abilities and used a couple of them. As with most MMORPGs people find out what the best talents are and what buttons to actually press. In most cases, most is deemed useless.

HCs might be "easier" if you run with a guild/raid team compared to 25 randoms in LFR, but the again - Try pugging HC mode in wow and enjoy the shitshow. I have never ever been in a LFR raid that hasnt cleared every boss.

And no, mythic is not overtuned. There are guilds out there clearing it every week.

Some guys contradict themselves too much. They call Wow game for old gamers and at the same time they say, that it's community is toxic, while it's well known, that it's 14-16 yo aggressive kids with youthful maximalism and desire to assert themselves via dominating others in video games - who are the most toxic players. They say, that it's kids, who want games to have instant gratification, while it's well known, that it's kids, who play any games, because they have genetic predisposition to compulsive behavior, such as training skill via playing games. And it's usually old players, who become more picky and need more motivation to play games. They call Wow easy game, while it's one of the most complex games in a world.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-01-11 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Many vanilla guilds had >18y requirements and most people I played with were more towards >25+ even early on.

The game gets disturbingly stupid as soon as a wave of young players hit a content. From time to time, especially with PVP popularity the game got quite some history with times where it was unbearable to play in open world or BGs.

MMOs are in general not really teen friendly, the slow pace, the slow progression grind and the NEED usually to socially interact to do specific things or anything in this game, is not the feature list that younger gamers prefer.

=> FAST / DIRECT ACCESS to the maingame with quick sessions is what popular games use with huge <18y audiences.

Thats as far away from MMOs as it can be and WoW with its wide spectrum of content for everybody, that makes it even worse for those who want QUICK > COMPETITIVE GAMING > WITH ZERO INTERACTION.

As soon as the dead mini-game that is called PVP gets some minor gimmick mode, that doesnt require gearing, progression or anything that would require time spend, you will see another wave of young gamers and I hope you play at that time, so you can enjoy the whole shitshow that it brings.
    I'd argue wow has headed down that road long time ago. You can see so many features within wow has been streamlined, more fast paced, accessible and less interaction with other players.

Younger gamers often enough want instant access to relevant content with a get in-get out gameplay. Queue up, fight, end. Doesnt really suit a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Blizzard had every chance to innovate over the last 15 years to appeal to new audiences if they cared enough. For example, when the MOBA genre was blowing up, Blizzard had a chance to take the WoW format and spin it into something like SMITE. When the Battle Royale genre was blowing up, they had the chance to introduce a new kind of server or PvP game mode. Fortnite successfully pivoted to BR after they initially launched as a Tower Defence game, and their success blows WoW out of the water.

If they want to appeal to the Roblox/Minecraft cohort of gamers, the name of the game is player agency. Blizzard should let players create private servers, where they are effectively God, can create towns, armies, scenarios, wherever they want, however they want, making as many game-dev tools available to players as they can. Just open the pandoras box to player-generated quest campaigns, custom raids set in capital cities, battlegrounds that take place inside of old raids, the possibilities are only limited by the freedom granted to players.

None of these pivots would have changed the foundation of WoW the RPG.
    omg this! i agree, there were plenty of opportunities and they were all neglected.

i have a rather different opinion here: wow should do the exact oposite. instead of catering or inviting young ppl, wow should revert all that childish stuff (foremost characters and story), or modern stuff (foremost game design) they did over the last few years. and ignore young (12-16 or so) gamers.

why ?

because young gamers give a fuck about a 16 year old game, regardless what. when you are young, gfx and being new or modern has waaaaaay more weight, than solid quality, longterm investment or „good game design“. the game has to come out of your generation. from your generation, for your generation. this game is 16 years old and besides a few younger ppl testing it, or some young ppls with special taste, the majority will give a fuck. regardless how perfect you introduce them into wow. Blizz could do the most user friendly, young gamers friendly, wow entry possible and you would have the same results +/-10%.

the many ppls, wow started to have, 16 years ago, were young ppls, yes. they were young in 2005 or 2010. because in 2005-2010 the game was new, hype and attracted young ppls. i dont know a single guy that was 15-16 years in 2005, that was way more hyped about tetris than about wow. the same goes for actual 16 years old. they are attracted by the actual CoD, mobile games, Spiderman Miles Morales or whatever. but not wow. because its fukin 16 years old!

just remember yourself when you was young and got your first SNES or MegaDrive game. what did you thought about Pong at that time ?

why i say this ?

because one of the biggest problems of wow is its try to cater to everyone, instead catering towards a dedicated target audience. wow is bleeding and slowly dying because everyone lives a lousy compromise, that noone is making happy. Blizz should define a target audience for wow and should fully develop towards that target audience. otherwise wow will die more and more, for everyone. a first step in that direction is, to stop thinking about „what do 16 year old kids need in wow“ when these kids never show up anyway, because the game is fukin old. it would be way better, for Blizz and their real customers, to fixate a target audience and dedicated plz them. this ensures they even have some customers tomorrow.

sum it up: dont get me wrong. i am not that old dog that dont wanna learn new tricks or dont wanna meet young kids. but i believe in the mindset that a 16 year old kid will not play a 16 year old game in the first place. and just for a solely logical reason i would not cater towards them and loose ground in many other corners. instead i would cater towards the loyal longterm ppls that really use and love your product and make sure that they keep being happy tomorrow. but maybe thats just me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-01-11 at 09:24 AM.