Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    A team of world first wow raiders, the cream of the crop, just practiced for months and then tried to compete in the ff14 world first race last week. They didn’t come anywhere near the top.

    There is no way to square this with your insistence that FF14 is as easy as M+7 and normal wow raids, so you’ve resorted to reality denial (“it didn’t happen”) and a vague assertion that the game is so “different” that even with months of practice wow world first raiders can’t possibly be expected to compete, despite your insistence that the game is so easy.

    It’s laughable on its face. You just have this assertion that you can’t back up and you will contort yourself into logic pretzels to avoid admitting you are wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Do you also feel oppressed because if you call your waiter the n word you get asked to leave the restaurant?

    Or if you tell your boss to go duck himself you get fired?

    Or if you stand on the street calling children retards someone will call the police?

    Or are you actually so deluded and insane that you think that living in a free nation means that you are allowed to go into someone else’s property, scream at, harass, and demean people, and nobody is allowed to ask you to leave?
    Your post is perfect example of the toxicity and self-righteous anger of the typical entitle FFXIV player
    Thank you for proving my point.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Your post is perfect example of the toxicity and self-righteous anger of the typical entitle FFXIV player
    Thank you for proving my point.
    He proved your point and you proved his point.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Your post is perfect example of the toxicity and self-righteous anger of the typical entitle FFXIV player
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Do you have an actual argument besides “it makes me feel big to verbally abuse children, and I don’t want to face consequences for it”?

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    A team of world first wow raiders, the cream of the crop, just practiced for months and then tried to compete in the ff14 world first race last week. They didn’t come anywhere near the top.
    A team of professional football players, the cream of the crop, just practiced for months and then tried to compete in the NBA championship. They didnt come anywhere near the top.

    Surprised pikachu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    A team of professional football players, the cream of the crop, just practiced for months and then tried to compete in the NBA championship. They didnt come anywhere near the top.

    Surprised pikachu.
    That would be a really clever analogy... if the issue here wasn't that some people keep claiming that FF14 is as easy as LFR. You can't simultaneously claim that something is as easy as LFR and that it is so complex that six months of practice can't prepare you for it.

  6. #126
    The people arguing that increasing the amount of DPS pr. group from 3 to 5 won't reduce queue times are delusional beyond belief.
    I get that not everyone knows about queue-mechanics, but even so I find it completely unbelievable that so many people seem to think it won't make a difference.

    I mean I get the argument, that some healers and tanks will gravitate towards DPS, now that queue times are reduced, but arguing that it will reach the same equilibrium is basically saying that people only tank/heal because of long queue times as DPS:

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That would be a really clever analogy... if the issue here wasn't that some people keep claiming that FF14 is as easy as LFR. You can't simultaneously claim that something is as easy as LFR and that it is so complex that six months of practice can't prepare you for it.
    But 6 months of practice DID prepare them for it - they just didnt beat THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, who have YEARS, maybe a decade of practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  8. #128
    I mean in SWTOR you actually have only 4 man dungeons with 2 dps so ... I dont know, they actually went the opposite route when they expected less players I guess

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But 6 months of practice DID prepare them for it - they just didnt beat THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, who have YEARS, maybe a decade of practice.
    At something “as easy as LFR?” Why didn’t they just one shot it if it’s that much of a joke?

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    At something “as easy as LFR?” Why didn’t they just one shot it if it’s that much of a joke?
    What does the difficulty have to do with beating the best in the world? Darts is a very simple sport - why dont you practice for 6 months and become world champ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What does the difficulty have to do with beating the best in the world? Darts is a very simple sport - why dont you practice for 6 months and become world champ?
    Do you think world first wow raiders struggle to beat LFR on their first try because it is new to them. This is amazing, something is as easy as LFR but also so complex that it takes dozens and dozens and dozens of attempts, hours and hours and hours.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you think world first wow raiders struggle to beat LFR on their first try because it is new to them. This is amazing, something is as easy as LFR but also so complex that it takes dozens and dozens and dozens of attempts, hours and hours and hours.
    Why do you keep saying LFR? Did some trolls trigger you by claiming FF hardest content is LFR difficulty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why do you keep saying LFR? Did some trolls trigger you by claiming FF hardest content is LFR difficulty?
    I said LFR from the beginning, you argue with me over and over, and then when you realize how dumb it is to make that argument you turn around and act like the problem is that I'm talking about LFR? This is like if I said "Cheeseburgers are good" and you keep telling me they aren't and then eventually say "WHY DO YOU KEEP TAL:KING ABOUT CHEESEBURGERS?" Because YOU KEPT RESPONDING ABOUT IT.

  14. #134
    Herald of the Titans Daffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Computer Chair
    Posts
    2,712
    5 dps to band together and blame the healer and tank, amazing.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I said LFR from the beginning, you argue with me over and over, and then when you realize how dumb it is to make that argument you turn around and act like the problem is that I'm talking about LFR? This is like if I said "Cheeseburgers are good" and you keep telling me they aren't and then eventually say "WHY DO YOU KEEP TAL:KING ABOUT CHEESEBURGERS?" Because YOU KEPT RESPONDING ABOUT IT.
    That's a REALLY long winded way of saying "I can't answer that question or my entire argument falls apart". You can have another go at answering if you want? I mean when I ask the question is irrelevant, I gave you plenty of opportunities to correct yourself, but you double and then trippled down on this notion that the hardest content in FF14 is the same difficulty as LFR in wow.

    Why are you unable to answer such a simple question? My argument hasn't changed a single note - it is still exactly the same - 6months is not very long at all to train to beat the best in the world at ANYTHING. They are the best in the world. Your defence is "but it's only as hard as LFR" which is a REALLY strange argument to be making.......
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-01-24 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That's a REALLY long winded way of saying "I can't answer that question or my entire argument falls apart". You can have another go at answering if you want? I mean when I ask the question is irrelevant, I gave you plenty of opportunities to correct yourself, but you double and then trippled down on this notion that the hardest content in FF14 is the same difficulty as LFR in wow.

    Why are you unable to answer such a simple question? My argument hasn't changed a single note - it is still exactly the same - 6months is not very long at all to train to beat the best in the world at ANYTHING. They are the best in the world. Your defence is "but it's only as hard as LFR" which is a REALLY strange argument to be making.......
    I never said it was only as hard as LFR. You are rambling and clearly ignoring everything I said.

    People have argued that FF14s hardest content is only as hard as LFR in WoW. That's what I was responding to and commenting on. They can't say FF14 is as easy as LFR and then turn right around and say that it isn't surprising that wow world first raiders had trouble competing in the world first race. Does it normally take a full day for people to world first LFR in wow?

    Injecting yourself into a dialogue only to start whining about the thing the dialogue was about is weird.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    They can't say FF14 is as easy as LFR and then turn right around and say that it isn't surprising that wow world first raiders had trouble competing in the world first race.
    Again, since you are really struggling with this very simple concept - it does not matter what difficulty the content is, compared to wow, or anything else. They are not competing against the content in a world first race, they are competing with the other teams in the race - and some of those teams have years and years of practice and playing the game, as well as being involved in multiple WF races in FF14. It is perfectly normal for a team with very limited experience in an activity to struggle to beat the best in the world.

    You have absolutely no answer for this, other than falling back on "but "some people" claim its only as hard as lfr!" which is completely irrelevant when competing against other teams. You are using an entirely different argument (the contents difficulty) to argue against a team not beating the best in the world. Its not even YOUR opinion - you are using an argument you dont even agree with as a defense - its all VERY strange.

    Answer my darts analogy - darts has VERY simple rules - why have you never spent 6 months training then gone off to the world champs to win the title of best in the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  18. #138
    I think your idea of 1 tank and 1 healer and 5 dps is good.
    But what i think would be even better is 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. oh wait that raiding.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Again, since you are really struggling with this very simple concept - it does not matter what difficulty the content is, compared to wow, or anything else. They are not competing against the content in a world first race, they are competing with the other teams in the race - and some of those teams have years and years of practice and playing the game, as well as being involved in multiple WF races in FF14. It is perfectly normal for a team with very limited experience in an activity to struggle to beat the best in the world.

    You have absolutely no answer for this, other than falling back on "but "some people" claim its only as hard as lfr!" which is completely irrelevant when competing against other teams. You are using an entirely different argument (the contents difficulty) to argue against a team not beating the best in the world. Its not even YOUR opinion - you are using an argument you dont even agree with as a defense - its all VERY strange.

    Answer my darts analogy - darts has VERY simple rules - why have you never spent 6 months training then gone off to the world champs to win the title of best in the world?
    You are making this really more complicated than it has to be just to be argumentative and aggressive for no real purpose.

    You are acting like FF14 and WoW are like comparing a racing game and a shooting game. They aren't that different. In fact, FF14 is probably the most similar game to WoW in the entire MMO market.

    Do you think that if I took the world first FF14 group and asked them to do LFR it would take them a day and a half? Are you willing to be that obtuse and obnoxious just to argue with me?

    I'll go even farther. The world first wow raiders can be assumed to be competent video game players, not just for wow. You are arguing that they are so stupid once they leave wow, so fundamentally incompetent and incapable of playing video games, that with six months of practice it takes them a day and a half to do something that is as hard as LFR, a mode that is mostly one shot by whatever group gets put together by the group finder on the day it is released.

    Do you think that if you took the best people at ANY video game and gave them six months to learn wow and then asked them to do LFR it would take them a day and a half? What are you even trying to argue with me about?

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are making this really more complicated than it has to be just to be argumentative and aggressive for no real purpose.

    You are acting like FF14 and WoW are like comparing a racing game and a shooting game. They aren't that different. In fact, FF14 is probably the most similar game to WoW in the entire MMO market.

    Do you think that if I took the world first FF14 group and asked them to do LFR it would take them a day and a half? Are you willing to be that obtuse and obnoxious just to argue with me?

    I'll go even farther. The world first wow raiders can be assumed to be competent video game players, not just for wow. You are arguing that they are so stupid once they leave wow, so fundamentally incompetent and incapable of playing video games, that with six months of practice it takes them a day and a half to do something that is as hard as LFR, a mode that is mostly one shot by whatever group gets put together by the group finder on the day it is released.

    Do you think that if you took the best people at ANY video game and gave them six months to learn wow and then asked them to do LFR it would take them a day and a half? What are you even trying to argue with me about?
    For the last time, YOU are the one comparing FF14 to LFR - thats YOUR argument. What you are doing is the dictionary definition of a straw man. My argument is simple - it is typical and expected that a group with 6 months experience in a game would struggle to beat the best in the world with years of practice and experience. You cant explain that away, so you just focus on this "but its only as hard as lfr, why did it take them a day to complete it?" when that was NEVER your argument - and its not mine at all - you are creating this weird new argument that is entirely unrelated to the actual topic at hand.

    YOU introduced this LFR garbage - and without it you have literally ZERO argument. You are FURIOUSLY arguing that LFR and FF14's hardest content are not the same difficulty - something that is not being discussed - your original argument was why a team with 6 months couldnt win the world first race - when i clearly explained that the difficulty is irrelevant to that topic, you doubled down about this LFR nonsense, and then triple and quadrupled down on it - why are you so obsessed with LFR in the world first race?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-01-24 at 07:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's advanced/alien technology. That sort of tech doesn't have gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •