Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lego putting Overwatch products on hold indefinitely due to scandals

https://massivelyop.com/2022/01/11/l...zzard-scandal/

This was the only external marketing of any sort i have seen for Overwatch 2 but after the scandals Lego is joining Kellogs and Coke to "reevaluate their relationship" with Activision Blizzard.

So so much for those giant omnics i guess.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

This is great news.

I wonder if they had to redesign this mech just like the Marvel ones and decided to just reevaluate the entire licensed deal as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Excellent, more pressure... Love to see it
    thinly veiled high elf thread

Brewmaster
    Sounds like they are placing blame on them instead of taking responsibility themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    This is great news.
    ...for who?

Seems quite late to jump that blame train, their stock has already regained half of what they lost in october and the six weeks pitchfork shitstorm social media time also has passed quite some tome ago.
    I assume Lego is rather unhappy with the delay of the game and now is looking for ways to get rid of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I assume Lego is rather unhappy with the delay of the game and now is looking for ways to get rid of the contract.
    I don't know if that really matters. Lego released sets for the new Minions movie even though it was delayed until 2022 because of the pandemic. I even think some might be retired already.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Kinda sucks cuz that Mei figure is pretty neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Good, the only way they feel pain is in their wallets.

Now if only Sony and Microsoft would follow suit and put additional pressure on Activision. Something MS hinted at happening, though I have my doubts they would pull CoD from their system.

Months after the stories jump? I don't buy their reasoning. It means nothing when you do it way after the fact as if thry were waiting for market research to come to a conclusion.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Activision messed up, but they fired the people involved, didn't they? What's the problem now? How long is the world gonna hold a grudge? It's riddicilous people STILL give them crap. I really looked forward to new Lego sets

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Kinda sucks cuz that Mei figure is pretty neat.
    Dirty.

I hear you.

Funny btw that Coke(which I love, so no bias) is like hammering Actiblizz after their own harassment issues during the years lol.

"Hurry, lets make actiblizz look more bad so people forget our mistakes".

The business world delivers.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2022-01-17 at 03:58 PM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

I wonder how long before this is reversed now

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I wonder how long before this is reversed now
    I think its totally in the OW2 teams hands in this regard. Can't sell tie in products until the product, y'know, exists.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think its totally in the OW2 teams hands in this regard. Can't sell tie in products until the product, y'know, exists.
    You can definitely sell products before the launch of something, in fact most companies usually do.

Here's probably the most famous one, perhaps even the first one.

https://vintageactionfigures.com/sta...kage-1977.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    You can definitely sell products before the launch of something, in fact most companies usually do.

Here's probably the most famous one, perhaps even the first one.

https://vintageactionfigures.com/sta...kage-1977.html
    Depending on what changes over the next few years it could be a situation closer to the infamous "poncho masterchief" from the halo trailer that mcfarlane made based on a bullshot trailer of a game that never technically made it past the concept stage.

No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://massivelyop.com/2022/01/11/l...zzard-scandal/

This was the only external marketing of any sort i have seen for Overwatch 2 but after the scandals Lego is joining Kellogs and Coke to "reevaluate their relationship" with Activision Blizzard.

So so much for those giant omnics i guess.
    Yeah, hopefully Lego sees that Microsoft will own Blizzard before OW2 even launches. I've been quietly hopeful for more OW sets, and maybe even some World of Warcraft and Starcraft sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Now if only Sony and Microsoft would follow suit and put additional pressure on Activision. Something MS hinted at happening, though I have my doubts they would pull CoD from their system.
    This comment aged nicely.