Mardum - was it a waste in Legion ?

So I know about Mardum its a homeworld of demons. Its a demon prison, and when demon is killed its gonna spawn back in Mardum right ?

So in Legion expansion it was used as a Demon Hunter starting questing and story location. And as a demon hunter class hall.

But don't you think perhaps this was bit wasted potential ?

Like it could be good raid or tier patch. Where you know terrible demons live. And it also sounds mysterious.

Do you think perhaps they will come back to it perhaps in future ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    So I know about Mardum its a homeworld of demons. Its a demon prison, and when demon is killed its gonna spawn back in Mardum right ?

So in Legion expansion it was used as a Demon Hunter starting questing and story location. And as a demon hunter class hall.

Like it could be good raid or tier patch. Where you know terrible demons live. And it also sounds mysterious.

lol whats a demon

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope such planets could be future content but this forum has declared cosmic stuff=bad
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mardum has not been a spawning point for demons since Sargeras shattered it. He and Aggramar created it to trap demon souls when they were killed in Reality. It's just another Legion world now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Seems like you should read up on Mardun, because it sounds like you are mixing it partly with Argus.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mar...hattered_Abyss

Mardun was invented in Legion, thus it wasn't wasted as such. Nor was it a planet, but a husk of such - hence the title "Shattered Abyss". It served no real purpose in Legion other than to be a hiding place for the Sargerite keystone. And no, if and when demons die they didn't go to Mardum. In fact Mardum was used a prison, to prevent demons dying and thus respawning elsewhere in the Nether. Mardum wasn't actually ever a planet, but a realm created by Sargeras, again with the sole purpose of acting as a prison.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I would hope such planets could be future content but this forum has declared cosmic stuff=bad
    I like cosmic stuff if done which so far they did in wow. I really like in TBC, space sky with some planets etc.

Cosmic stuff in WoW is usually related to Burning Legion. That's my favourite story. But its pretty clear we wint hear about Burning Legion for some time ... if ever again lol.

I mean I like cosmic stuff in WoW a lot but would prefer if game focuses on other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In fact Mardum was used a prison, to prevent demons dying and thus respawning elsewhere in the Nether. Mardum wasn't actually ever a planet, but a realm created by Sargeras, again with the sole purpose of acting as a prison.
    Aha maybe I have mistaken some function of Mardum with "the Nether".

Maybe the demons actually respawn in the Nether.

But still could have been atleast a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    lol whats a demon
    There was another thread Sargeras vs Zovaal so it made me think about Burning Legion
    Last edited by Wadrak; 2022-01-21 at 09:49 PM.

The demon hunters currently control Mardum; it is the location of their Order Hall. I doubt we'll revisit it again unless something happens to their order to cause them to need assistance there.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many worlds in the Twisting Nether besides Mardum that could easily fulfill whatever story potential it has.

As far as demon worlds are concerned, I'm more interested in Terratus, described as a 'prison world' for demons who rebelled against Sargeras and the Burning Legion. Gotta be some interesting stuff there.

Also, Nihilam, graveworld of the Titans.

It was absolutely a waste, this should've been what Sargeras broke open when he gets loose from the other titans Seal and has to rebuild the Legion in a hurry after we dismantled it in... the Legion Expac.
    Twas brillig