Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I know, and they suck, as demonstrated. Congratulations on the idea.

Why not have more points though while at it then?
    Your argument continues not making any sense at all. The points of the OP system are only there to help YOU; they do NOT give you less loot (they will give 1 piece of gear a week assuming you have 3 on a boss); they do NOT give you more loot (because of the limit of 1 item per week to not make it ludicrously fast at gearing people).

Your complaint is literally the same as saying "I killed 100 bosses these past 10 days and I didn't get 100 items!"; those points are not loot; they are just indicators you killed a boss 3 times and most of those points will be useless and that's fine especially because in order to kill a targeted boss: you will obviously kill easy bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The problem is that the wannabe hardcores will never be satisfied. The only option would be to have the vendors have every stat combo on every slot and every armor type.
    Nothing should be given easily. It should directly reflect you did something hard. That's why I believe in the OP system; not only it proves you did something hard but also: you did it 3 times so it wasn't a fluke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krayvasion View Post
    Even Blizzard knows how to "solve" it. The thing is they don't want to.

But it's not broken in their eyes.
    I don't get your argument. It's effectively a form of bigotry. You have no idea what those people (devs) have in their head and you effectively generalize against them as: "they don't see the problem" meaning that: not only you have preconceptions about whole groups of people but also the fallacious belief that ALL devs are identical to each other or that things never change or that people never change.

how to solve looting issue : give me full bis gear the day i enter in raid

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    And it's off topic here. We're talking of a way to be able to get the best items in the game in a fair way; currently it's annoying; some people may get the items in 2 weeks and others never. That's why I said multiple kills first; it's fair; it's not free loot or a limited solution.

- - - Updated - - -

No. That's unfair. Before personally attacking people: read what they said first: having at least 3 kills on the boss is important (and it's no more than 1 item in a week and it's also unusable as a system for 3 weeks).

- - - Updated - - -

That's a strawman argument. The loot will be quantitatively less in many cases since this system will not work at all for 3 weeks hence people with good luck now may get even fewer items from the vault.

And your view is shortsighted anyway; this is about making a more fair game; killing a boss 3 times (or more; the exact number is debateable) is objectively a good indication you deserve it.
    Then why go through all those hops anyway? Just give the char the item they want after killing the boss 3 times.

Best lootsystem would be less loot overall but with masterloot. Right now or with yours you can just get rid of the whole gearing system. Nothing exciting in it whatsoever. I can't even tell you any names from any piece of gear in SL expect maybe one or two trinkets.

Your argument continues not making any sense at all. The points of the OP system are only there to help YOU; they do NOT give you less loot .
    It doesn't make sense to you, because in your head, making people collect points that they cannot ever spend is somehow a gift from god to wow.

Explain it how it HELPS ME to rack up 30 points to be allowed to use every 3 out of 10 points from then on? How does it help? How do those infinitely stacking points one CANNOT SPEND IN YOUR SYSTEM help anyone? How? Logic, download it to your harddrive, and apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    how to solve looting issue : give me full bis gear the day i enter in raid
    No, not only you will get bored (ever tried to cheat in a single-player game?), you also don't deserve it; that why I like the OP system; you will do something and not only it was hard but you also did it 3 times so you prove you know what you're doing and it wasn't a fluke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Then why go through all those hops anyway? Just give the char the item they want after killing the boss 3 times.
    There are no hops. They get guaranteed 1 extra piece after they proved they can kill a boss 3 times. Obviously there should be a limit because then everyone would get ALL the gear immediately (or after 3 weeks) and then guilds would not be able to keep interest for their geared players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    masterloot
    Doesn't solve the problem that the entire guild may get shit gear for you. That's why I like the OP system. It proves you did something hard and you proved you did it multiple times so it wasn't a fluke AND it is guaranteed/robust.

- - - Updated - - -

CANNOT SPEND
    As I said: this is just a psychological issue arising from the fact that you don't understand the system.

Those points are only indicators of how many times you killed a boss. They are not currency to hoard.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2022-01-13 at 01:26 PM.

I think the best way to solve looting issues in this game is to ban people that talk about solving looting issues. Its been almost several expansions since if I played a patch I didn't get full BiS besides maybe a couple "warforged" type items that the dice didn't just drop on. Hell usually by the half way point I am flipping it over to an off spec loot for the options. Don't get me wrong it was kind of trashy when they cut the loot at the start of Shadowlands in raids but the change pretty much put it right back to where it was.

As I said: this is just a psychological issue arising from the fact that you don't understand the system.

Those points are only indicators of how many times you killed a boss. They are not currency to hoard.
    Wait...Oh my...I never even considered a possibility of it being even worse of a system than what the two options were. But now you're saying IT IS.

So 3 clears, and forever more you get one item a week, your choice? Never having to set foot in the place again, loot just rolls in weekly because you ticked the number 3 of non currency points. Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    several expansions since if I played a patch I didn't get full BiS
    Your sample of 1 is irrelevant. Also "BiS" was always a fallacious concept that is abandoned by theorycrafters nowadays. It depends on the current state of the character and the encounter and it can only be used in very restricted ways (e.g. "that one trinket from the last boss is usually the best for the spec in that encounter").

- - - Updated - - -

So 3 clears, and forever more you get one item a week
    No. The points are subtracted. It doesn't prove further skill but it keeps people playing.

God damn people are so stupid it's insane.

How could anyone look at the current state of WoW and think gearing needs to be even easier? You want to go raid for 3 weeks and get full BiS gear and then have nothing to do for the next 8 months while you wait for the new raid? And then you'll be on the forums bitching about how there's nothing to do.

Loot is perfectly fine in WoW right now, it's asinine to complain about it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Wow is designed to be mastered by groups of real-life friends. If you dont have that, you become a whale and get carried to BiS, then turn around and join a discord server that sells carries to recoup your gearing costs and turn a profit. The maniacal systems exist as a impenetrable barrier for those who actually want to play wow in a legit fashion.
    today I learned playing and mastering wow(a mmo) with your friends is not a legit way to play the game. Apparently the only legit fashion is solo????

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    raid for 3 weeks and get full BiS gear
    Strawman argument. This system will give 0 loot for 3 weeks (and after that only 1 item in a week if you killed a particular boss 3 times). Hence people who are lucky now may get LESS loot with this system; which is perfect by the way; it proves it's not only fair because it proves skill but it also reduces loot from too lucky people.

Yes, and it makes it off topic here. We're talking about guaranteed getting the best gear of even sylvanas mythic after 3 kills; valor was just some filler lackluster gear; and it's very fair because after 3 kills it probably means you know what you're doing too (on the 1st kill of a boss most guilds were reckless with most dead).
    Why though. That makes gear 100 percent boring. Wheres the fun in knowing that you will get loot after x weeks? You might as well turn PvE gearing into pvp gearing. No loot from bosses, you get points per kill and at end of the week you pick one piece of loot. It's more exciting to not know when your next piece comes from and it dropping.

I don't think SL quite got the amount of gear you get from a boss quite right. It needs to be slightly more generous but there also needs to be something else meaningful that drops from a boss as well as a consolation. Shit loads of gold? Shit loads of AP? Transmog items? I don't know.. I'm not an architect. But burnout occurs when you already have the loot but you still haven't cleared the instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Strawman argument. This system will give 0 loot for 3 weeks (and after that only 1 item in a week if you killed a particular boss 3 times). Hence people who are lucky now may get LESS loot with this system; which is perfect by the way; it proves it's not only fair because it proves skill but it also reduces loot from too lucky people.
    What a terrible thing to say about your team mates. Sounds like "I deserve this loot because I worked for it. Johnny Lucky Roll deserves nothing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wheres the fun in knowing that you will get loot after x weeks?
    That's a fallacy; it starts with the conclusion that it's boring to not get random drops from a boss; that completely unproven conjecture by you.

I can easily argue with better proof that most people who raid don't do it for the random loot; they like to organize a raid; to be optimal in it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What a terrible thing to say about your team mates
    That's a strawman argument. This has nothing to do about my feelings; it's objectively more fair to get loot after you've proven you can kill a boss really well; it's objectively more fair similarly to not get multiple times more loot than others who achieved the same.

No. The points are subtracted. It doesn't prove further skill but it keeps people playing.
    So you were lying. It IS a "currency" then, and my earlier point stands. You can refer to it right here:

Cool, so it's the worse option: You get 7 out of 10 points waste every week that you can never use (plus some more from the first weeks). Great system.

Here's 10 week rundown of your point system:

Week 1 - 10 points, no items, enjoy
    Week 2 - 20 points, no items, enjoy
    Week 3 - 30 points, no items, enjoy
    Week 4 - 40 minus 3 for an item; 37 points
    Week 5 - 47 minus 3 for an item; 44 points
    Week 6 - 54 minus 3 for an item; 51 points
    Week 7 - 61 minus 3 for an item; 58 points
    Week 8 - 68 minus 3 for an item; 65 points
    Week 9 - 75 minus 3 for an item; 72 points
    Week 10 - 82 minus 3 for an item; 79 points.

The fact you think those are selling points to this system makes me question if you even play the game, because you're literally that clueless lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Such feature was called "Valor points" back when Wow was on it's peak. It was removed, because Blizzard decided, that it was soooooo boring to be able to work towards your goal. Don't get me wrong. My opinion: RNG isn't bad - RNG-gating is. RNG - is feature, that should make each gaming session different - not gate your rewards behind arbitrary unknown amount of attempts, causing Skinner chamber effect.
    Well said, RNG should be a fun bonus that you did not expect, now its a live or die by it thing that people have burned out on and are just done with. Blizzard has totally lost the concept of making the game fun and are now trying to use a time sink grind skinner box method that may seem logical to an accountant but is just a recipe for bitterness and burnout for players.

I still do not have the bow from Sylvanas, and it cannot appear in the vault, no bad luck protection is built into it afaik. We'll be at 9.2 by the time I can get any use out of it if it even drops before then. It's kinda ridiculous.

you were lying
    Are you trying to start a fight with trolling? It is bannable here so stop. Nobody was "lying"; the concept is new and one word can not describe it; you accumulate points and if you have 3 on a boss you can pick 1 item in a a week at which point they are subtracted; you can call people liars all you want but I'd suggest you'd better understand the concept instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The fact you think those are selling points to this system makes me question if you even play the game, because you're literally that clueless lol.
    That's not an argument. That's a personal attack. Come with an argument otherwise you confirm my concept is good.

Are you trying to start a fight with trolling? It is bannable here so stop. Nobody was "lying"; the concept is new and one word can not describe it; you accumulate points and if you have 3 on a boss you can pick 1 item in a a week at which point they are subtracted; you can call people liars all you want but I'd suggest you'd better understand the concept instead.
    Just because people do not like your ideas and criticize it, doesn't mean they're trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    I still do not have the bow from Sylvanas, and it cannot appear in the vault, no bad luck protection is built into it afaik. We'll be at 9.2 by the time I can get any use out of it if it even drops before then. It's kinda ridiculous.
    Yeah that's also a source of frustration, and I see little reason that to be fun to anyone after a point of say 3 or 4 kills of the boss.

For that kind of special case the OP system could have something like "get it with 10 points if it doesn't drop normally".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Just because people do not like your ideas and criticize it, doesn't mean they're trolling.
    Strawman. That person did not understand the system at all; it has nothing to do with agreement; at first they complained with: "SO I WON'T BE ABLE TO USE ALL THOSE POINTS" as if that matters at all and then went to the other extreme to complain "SO PLAYERS WILL BE BIS FAST" which is also untrue and finally they continued to try to start a fight.

Such posts should be ignored after a point because they go in circles.