Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
... LastLast
  1. #361
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Of course it's fake. They're all fake. We won't see real leaks until a couple weeks before the official Blizz announcement, and those "leaks" are usually just marketing tools, i.e. Blizzard conveniently letting some info out to generate buzz. Only once can I recall someone at the company genuinely leaking info before they were authorized, and that person got shitcanned faster than you can say "Shadowlands sucks"
    You're giving Blizzard and the """"""""""leakers"""""""""" way too much credit.

    99.9% of the """"""""""leaks"""""""""" that get posted here are either people trying to stir up shit or wish-lists poorly disguised as """"""""""leaks"""""""""".

    I don't think I've ever seen an actual "real leak", and those that get lauded as "true leaks" just end up being those who just managed to guess SOME things right in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  2. #362
    High Overlord PsychoSe7eN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    thats your opinion...
    now, we have literaly the whole zone of necromancers, how many of them use blood or frost magic? afaik, none blood, i think none use frost... maybe few of the liches, not sure if id count them as necromancers so no, necros are not just ranged dks in cloth... they just use ONE of the 3 schools of magic DKs use, paladins use one of the two priests use...
    so yeah, if necro is ranged DK in cloth priest is ranged paladin in cloth...



    do you know lore a bit? do you know how first paladins came to "existence"? two of the first (human) paladins were literaly priests who took armor and melee weapons....
    btw, im pretty sure lorewise not all priests have access to void



    as i already said and you conveniently ignored, necro could heal... transfering health from enemies to allies fits pretty well with necro...
    and what exactly it is that priest do that paladin cant? use different magic school? necro could do that... wears cloth? necro could do that... use spells rather than melee abilities? again, necro could do that... so you are wrong about it being bad comparison, you just seem to lack imagination...

    and wtf have necromancers to do with warlocks? thats like saying warlock should be skin for mage, that would be at least a bit lorewise correct...


    ofc you can, we have literaly whole zone full of necromancers (and similar beings) that have literaly nothing in common with DK except being undead...
    so its not impossible you just have to let go of your stubborness, open your mind and use your imagination...

    tbh, all you wrote shows one thing - you think necromancer is impossible bcs you cant (dont want to) imagine it different from DK, which is not really problem with necromancer, but with you...
    hell ive seen two very good concepts for necromancer class that was nothing like DK on this site alone...
    I wouldn't worry about these guys.. They are too simple minded to understand that Necromancers and DKs are both in lore and in the game itself are different classes with some similar abilities.

    Some people just can't fathom the tiniest of brain power to comprehend facts from pure stubborness.

    Oh and the whole argument that SL would have been the only expansion for Necromancer class to be introduced just isn't true. Actually, what SL does is open the opportunity to bring in necromancers to join us in Azeroth from Shadowlands after the expansion.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2022-01-15 at 03:11 AM.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That is not what I said, please learn to actually read.
    The point he's making is that if they were willing to egregiously breach their contract's NDA agreements then it makes absolutely no sense to give some precise information while being vague with other information. Why be vague when you have already put your career in jeopardy? It makes absolutely no sense and it's a good indicator that the "leaker" is lying.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh yeah,very interesting read,i really giggled at people calling it fake because a level increase didnt seem plausable
    I'm loving the people saying that we won't kill Arthas..... Yeah about that.

  5. #365
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,801
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    I wouldn't worry about these guys.. They are too simple minded to understand that Necromancers and DKs are both in lore and in the game itself are different classes with some similar abilities.

    Some people just can't fathom the tiniest of brain power to comprehend facts from pure stubborness.

    Oh and the whole argument that SL would have been the only expansion for Necromancer class to be introduced just isn't true. Actually, what SL does is open the opportunity to bring in necromancers to join us in Azeroth from Shadowlands after the expansion.
    What undead/Necromancer lore character is left after Shadowlands to headline an undead/death expansion?

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen an actual "real leak", and those that get lauded as "true leaks" just end up being those who just managed to guess SOME things right in it.
    No leak will ever be 100% accurate because shit gets changed in development all the time.

    I mean look at all the shit they promise at the announcement of an expansion that ends up laying on the cutting room floor. Dark Trolls, Abyssal Maw raid, Azjol Nerub as a zone, new capital cities in AU Draenor, Faralohn and the Ogre Isles, Path of the Titans, Dance Studio, etc. And those are all the things we KNOW of.

    So if a leak even gets out that's 100% accurate, then it's very likely going to contain some internal concepts that just never make it live, and never even get announced or publicly known unless it gets far enough down the pipe to actually be datamined-before-being-cut. If not, stuff like Mongrel Horde could be absolutely leakable information, while we wouldn't know about it being legitimate had the developers never released concept art and talked about it existing. If it weren't for the interviews, people would be all 'remember that fake Mongrel Horde idea'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  7. #367
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No leak will ever be 100% accurate because shit gets changed in development all the time.
    I meant in the sense that they guessed SOME things right, not MOST. The kind that looks more like they were actually just guessing instead of having actual insider information. For example, the """"""""""leak"""""""""" gives 10 things that would happen in the expansion, and only 1 or 2, maybe 3 of that list come to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Love the expansion concept, 100%.

    My question though to everyone else is what actually are the hints for the Dragon Isles? We have the dragons in Island Expeditions in BfA, the one line in the quest text when you turn Azerite in to Wrathion in BfA, and the dragon bundle on the shop. Am I missing other recent hints?
    Druids are getting a dragon form in 9.2 that's faster than their current Travel Form but comes with a cast time.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I meant in the sense that they guessed SOME things right, not MOST. The kind that looks more like they were actually just guessing instead of having actual insider information. For example, the """"""""""leak"""""""""" gives 10 things that would happen in the expansion, and only 1 or 2, maybe 3 of that list come to happen.
    Not quite sure what you mean then, since you originally said you've never seen a leak, then somehow admit that there's 'actual insider information' leaks? So are you just talking about leaks you have seen not being real?

    The SoL WoD one was pretty accurate, yet even can be criticized for not being 100% since stuff like Shattrath raid and Ogre continent to the south ended up being cut. I forget if either were announced in the original WoD Blizzcon announcement even. Either way, that one is a pure leak since it did come from an insider source, and was leaked out before the actual announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  10. #370
    I mean we all know this is a wishlist not a real leak lmao

    The fun in here is as in gambling and sheer guessing, and of course, self deluding.

    Playable dragons that can shapeshift into every race? That's just cool and I wish it to be true, so manifesting.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The point he's making is that if they were willing to egregiously breach their contract's NDA agreements then it makes absolutely no sense to give some precise information while being vague with other information. Why be vague when you have already put your career in jeopardy? It makes absolutely no sense and it's a good indicator that the "leaker" is lying.
    You also need to learn to read. What I specifically pointed out is that the situation here is that the leaker claims that they didn't bother asking for names in the first place, not that the source themselves didn't know or drew the line at names. The point he (Teriz) originally made was "how come the dev doesn't know the name!?!?!?", which was absolutely absurd, and then his goalpost moving point was "Why was the source willing to give up vague details but not the name!?!?!" which again, was not what was implied by the leaker, at all.

    Both of you also need to realize how different names are from vague concepts.

    "9.0 is gonna have roguelike systems" or "Kael and Vashj will be in the shadowlands" are things that can be chalked up to good guesses, getting lucky, or vague rumor whispering that probably isn't worth getting legal involved.
    "The main city is Oribos" immediately tells you there's and objective NDA breach that needs to be investigated and resolved immediately.

  12. #372
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    22,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You also need to learn to read. What I specifically pointed out is that the situation here is that the leaker claims that they didn't bother asking for names in the first place, not that the source themselves didn't know or drew the line at names. The point he (Teriz) originally made was "how come the dev doesn't know the name!?!?!?", which was absolutely absurd, and then his goalpost moving point was "Why was the source willing to give up vague details but not the name!?!?!" which again, was not what was implied by the leaker, at all.

    Both of you also need to realize how different names are from vague concepts.

    "9.0 is gonna have roguelike systems" or "Kael and Vashj will be in the shadowlands" are things that can be chalked up to good guesses, getting lucky, or vague rumor whispering that probably isn't worth getting legal involved.
    "The main city is Oribos" immediately tells you there's and objective NDA breach that needs to be investigated and resolved immediately.
    If you work for Blizzard and say that the next expansion is going to be about dragons, you've already broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the expansion announcement is in Spring and the release date is slated for fall, you've broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the next expansion will feature cross-faction play and that the next class will be dragon-based and have 2 DPS and a healing spec, you've broken the NDA.

    Saying that the names of the next race and class doesn't matter at that point. You've already given specifics and broken the NDA. Further, if this "source" is already spilling this amount of information, it's utterly ridiculous to believe that they won't say what the next race and class are called. Can we just take a moment here and think about this scenario?

    You're talking to a dev and they're literally dumping info on you about the next expansion, you get to the next race and class, they tell you that they're both dragon based, that the class is DPS/Heal, but then they suddenly don't tell you what this class or race is called. You seemingly don't care about this crucial detail, and since you care about your source, you don't want to pry any further. Not even a "Oh man, that new race and class sound cool! What are they called?" Nah, after this person pretty much puts their entire job on the line by breaking the NDA several times over, for some reason, the names of the next race and class is a bridge too far.

    No! Instead you ask this person what's the status of Dark Rangers and Tinkers..... From which they continue to give you NDA-breaking information. To top ALL of this off, this guy who is so concerned about his source puts what the source told him on a public forum instead of just keeping it to himself. C'mon!
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-15 at 04:37 AM.

  13. #373
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    17,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean then, since you originally said you've never seen a leak, then somehow admit that there's 'actual insider information' leaks? So are you just talking about leaks you have seen not being real?
    I literally just said that none of the "leaks" I've seen have been shown to be even close to "insider information", and at best happen to guess a small number of things right by pure luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No, its because the starting experience for worgens is time locked to before mop.
    The Draenei starting zone is 'time locked' to before MoP. The Pandaren trainer even explicitly says he saw the Exodar crash and hurried over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, its because the worgen (and goblin) starting zone is tied to a specific chain of events, in a very specific point in time, in a specific location that is entirely isolated from the rest of the world, set in the pre-pandaria era.
    So, like the Draenei starting area?

    Honestly, if they can have a human 'harvest witch' there teaching druidism, there's no reason why there couldn't be a token human monk trainer there too.

    The reason is entirely because worgen can't control themselves from getting aggressive during combat and worgening out.

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I literally just said that none of the "leaks" I've seen have been shown to be even close to "insider information", and at best happen to guess a small number of things right by pure luck.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...or-Leak-Inside

    So now you've seen one that isn't just a random guess. An actual leak from before WoD was announced.

    This was leaked by insider information. You can see, there's still information wrong, very likely because of in-development changes, or 'telephone' inaccuracies/assumptions being made.

    Posted 4 days before actual announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you work for Blizzard and say that the next expansion is going to be about dragons, you've already broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the expansion announcement is in Spring and the release date is slated for fall, you've broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the next expansion will feature cross-faction play and that the next class will be dragon-based and have 2 DPS and a healing spec, you've broken the NDA.

    Saying that the names of the next race and class doesn't matter at that point. You've already given specifics and broken the NDA. Further, if this "source" is already spilling this amount of information, it's utterly ridiculous to believe that they won't say what the next race and class are called. Can we just take a moment here and think about this scenario?

    You're talking to a dev and they're literally dumping info on you about the next expansion, you get to the next race and class, they tell you that they're both dragon based, that the class is DPS/Heal, but then they suddenly don't tell you what this class or race is called. You seemingly don't care about this crucial detail, and since you care about your source, you don't want to pry any further. Not even a "Oh man, that new race and class sound cool! What are they called?" Nah, after this person pretty much puts their entire job on the line by breaking the NDA several times over, for some reason, the names of the next race and class is a bridge too far.

    No! Instead you ask this person what's the status of Dark Rangers and Tinkers..... From which they continue to give you NDA-breaking information. To top ALL of this off, this guy who is so concerned about his source puts what the source told him on a public forum instead of just keeping it to himself. C'mon!
    It is genuinely not surprising you have zero concept of restraint and can only conceive of things in terms of getting what you want, and so find the idea that someone might decide not to press a friend generously giving you bits of information for even more specific details totally incomprehensible... but yes, I assure that for a typical person the idea of being content with what you have already been given and not obsessing over it is a thing that can happen.

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is genuinely not surprising you have zero concept of restraint and can only conceive of things in terms of getting what you want, and so find the idea that someone might decide not to press a friend generously giving you bits of information for even more specific details totally incomprehensible... but yes, I assure that for a typical person the idea of being content with what you have already been given and not obsessing over it is a thing that can happen.

    Seriously, not sure if this guy is trolling or not lol.

    There's a saying, "there's no such thing as halfway crooks" - in this case there totally is, just because NDA is broken on one thing doesn't mean you can go ham and spill everything, especially when what is being said is ambiguous to a fault.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkanomics View Post
    Seriously, not sure if this guy is trolling or not lol.

    There's a saying, "there's no such thing as halfway crooks" - in this case there totally is, just because NDA is broken on one thing doesn't mean you can go ham and spill everything, especially when what is being said is ambiguous to a fault.
    There is no such thing as degrees of breaching NDA. As soon as you give away insider information, you have violated your contract. No matter how much information is given out, it's still a violation. This will lead to you getting fired and even potentially facing legal action.

  19. #379
    Ok do we actually believe this or is the thread being carried by 4 ppl arguing about the legitimacy of the leak based off the fact blizzard is either so creatively bankrupt that it is real or that they are so incompetent with storytelling at least part of this is possible


    Because the fact they have “Azeroth is the progenitor of dragons” is both retarded enough to not be real while at the same time being a possibility because of the circle jerk that is the writing team

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    This movie is racist and sexist so I hope this leak is fake.
    The fact that nobody wants to see you naked in particular doesn't mean it's sexist.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •