Poll: What is your LEAST favourite starting zone?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Least favourite starting zone

Another poster created a thread for most favourite starting zone, so I thought I would create the converse.

What is your least favourite starting zone?

Edit: I forgot the wandering isle! Sorry!

Edit 2: I will redo the poll in a couple of days to have it be the top 5 worst starting zones.. so vote now!
    Last edited by SR84; 2022-04-04 at 05:27 PM.

Gnomeregan because its rather dull and forgettable, haven't even done it since it got revamped but I doubt that I'd change my mind. Not a fan of gnomes in the first place.

Lost Isles, purely from a mechanical standpoint, because the story and looks are great

So few votes! Usually the forums are a great place to find things people don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

So many views and so little votes..

I feel like a major flaw of the post-Cata starting zones is that they're isolated experiences that you're forced into whether it's your first time going through them or your seventh. Part of the appeal of the Vanilla / BC starting zones IMO was that, at any time, you could just up and leave and go somewhere else, wherever you wanted, whenever you wanted, which led to memorable experiences like the infamous Level 1 Nelf trek across Wetlands just to get to the human starting zone.

I love how the tutorial area in Elden Ring is completely optional, and you can just skip it and go wherever you want right away

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren, probably. I don't have very many fond memories of Mulgore, it just feels so empty and boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    So few votes! Usually the forums are a great place to find things people don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

So many views and so little votes..
    Not controversial enough.

You gotta go big or go home. Make the poll like 'Which starting zone SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Not controversial enough.

You gotta go big or go home. Make the poll like 'Which starting zone SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME'
    Or 'Which starting zone should be replaced with Tinker Starting Area?'

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Or 'Which starting zone should be replaced with Tinker Starting Area?'
    Well that one's a bit too obvious, since everyone will choose 'All of them'.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I feel like a major flaw of the post-Cata starting zones is that they're isolated experiences that you're forced into whether it's your first time going through them or your seventh. Part of the appeal of the Vanilla / BC starting zones IMO was that, at any time, you could just up and leave and go somewhere else, wherever you wanted, whenever you wanted, which led to memorable experiences like the infamous Level 1 Nelf trek across Wetlands just to get to the human starting zone.

I love how the tutorial area in Elden Ring is completely optional, and you can just skip it and go wherever you want right away
    I agree. One of my earliest memories from vanilla was creating a Tauren and trying to make my way across the barrens to Org so I could Zeppelin to Tirisfal Glades to meet my undead friends in their starting zone..

That was a terrifying experience but one I'll never forget...like..17 years later

I was watching my niece play her Night Elf Hunter and all I could think of was how bad that whole zone needed a face lift..

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter or Night Elf, I would say.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I was watching my niece play her Night Elf Hunter and all I could think of was how bad that whole zone needed a face lift..
    Sylvanas agreed at least.

From a lore standpoint, I didn't like the Goblin one (however storywise it is the most fun)

From a gameplay standpoint, The Night Elf starting zone (Scale a tall tower with no mount or speed boosts.)

From a design standpoint, Orc... it's practically the same as it was in Vanilla, the only difference being is that the cave of imps aren't hostile to you anymore.

And the least favorite in general? ....Dwarves... Ho-ly fuck is it boring and forgetful. It's even more forgettable than the gnome starting zone which at least they tried to make it COMPLETELY UNIQUE. What do the Dwarves get? "HURRY YOU GOTTA STOP ALL THESE TROGGS AND SAVE OUR BARRELS OF THUNDERBREW!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Hellfire Peninsula

Orc for me, played all horde races and gnome, human, night elf, DK.
    So those are the ones I've had experience from.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Valley of Trials. Always has been. It's the most unpleasant looking zone and boring quests. Nothing but desert and cacti.

Troll one is boring and racist
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SR84 View Post
    Another poster created a thread for most favourite starting zone, so I thought I would create the converse.

What is your least favourite starting zone?

Edit: I forgot the wandering isle! Sorry!

Edit 2: I will redo the poll in a couple of days to have it be the top 5 worst starting zones.. so vote now!
    If I had to choose just one, it would be Northshire. It's so aggressively vanilla (not the game) and cliché that it hurts.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2022-04-05 at 12:13 PM.

Kezan was cool the first time, but after multiple characters it gets old real quick.

For Alliance, I don't really care for the Draenei or Night Elf starting areas.
    Last edited by muto; 2022-04-05 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post

This is still a thing, for the most part. Difference is that you have to finish the very early racial intro, which is done in under 10 levels and ends when you get sent to the next town, after that you are free to change starting zones and go wherever.