Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

10.0 Leak

Posting on a throwaway for obvious reasons.

Here it is, the actual leak. Taken from a private gamedev discord last night.

- New xpac is straight up called The Dragon Isles.
    - All marketing being put together has the tagline "Azeroth has awoken!".

- New Zone: The Dragon Isles
    - New Race: Black Dragons
    - New System: World Shaping

End of Shadowlands
    • In the fight with the Jailer Azeroth is ruptured. We beat the Jailer and save the planet, but there's consequences. Some "stay a while and listen" events after the fight describe the state of Azeroth. Magni reverts back from diamond form.
    • 9.2.5 pre-expansion event being put together is huge. Lots of reused events like earthquakes and invasions but also a massive Timewalking event that's being designed as a "mini-season-of-mastery" across lots of Azeroth centric dungeons and raids. Devs want players familiar with the history of Azeroth before 10.0, a “big tour” of old events and lore.
    • "Crazed" Troggs, Quilboar, Mantid and Elemental invasions across most of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend and Pandaria. New world boss "Garaddon, Son of Galakrond".

New Xpac
    • 10.0 Cinematic being put together is the biggest Blizz have ever produced. Entire cine team has been developing this for over a year. All Shadowlands pre-rendered cinematics were scrapped and whole team moved on to this. Is a "love letter" to Azeroth, mirrors the original WoW launch cinematic and ends with Azeroth being "born".
    • As a result of the Jailer’s assault, "Azeroth the Eternal" is born from the World Soul. She's a dragon! Sort of...
    • All world souls are unique and Azeroth's essence has indirectly shaped the planet for eons.
    • Dragons are tied directly to Azeroth who is sort of the dragon progenitor.
    • Once players reach Dragon Isles they work directly with Azeroth to "reshape" the world. Story here is that the planet has taken a beating over the last couple of decades and it is having dire consequences for everyone living there.
    • Azeroth as a character described sort of like Leeloo from 5th Element. A supreme being but with the mind of a child. Players need to help her unlock her powers to heal the planet. She’s in a temple on Dragon Isles with Thrall and Wrathion. Lots of “Earthwarder” lore as the three of them try to do what Deathwing couldn’t.
    • Azeroth has her own talent tree, looks very much like old school talent trees from Classic. Players can help her by "training" her via this tree. Each talent is also usable by players through the "World Bond" ability.
    • New abilities are like Covenant abilities but no additional “locked in” choices. Everyone gets the same abilities. Abilities have secondary effects depending on the zone you’re in. One example is an ability like Abomination Limb that also works as a grapple hook.
    • Dragon Isles zones will change over time via World Shaping, some pretty cool massive changes like a whole zone turning from a desert into a forest. Zone is heavily Elf focused with Night Elves trying to discover a way to restore Teldrassil with Azeroths help. You plant trees and tend to a huge forest here, like a massive version of the MoP farm.
    • World Shaping unlocks new abilities in each zone. Water walking, flying, teleporting, spectral sight, treasure finding.
    • Some older zones in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor will be getting big updates during the expansion.

Black Dragons
    • Works like Worgen, customize your dragon form and humanoid appearances. Humanoid can be any race, including allied races. Extra customization options for humanoid form including horns, tails, jewelry, scales as well as effects like burning eyes and “molten blood” which is a cool new effect.
    • Dragon Form is mainly used for travel and two racial abilities, story will explain why Black Dragons need to learn how to fight like mortals as one of the classes.
    • Black Dragons can be Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Druid, Hunter, Warlock, Priest, Shaman and Paladin. All the original WoW classes.
    • Black Dragon druid lore and shapeshift forms are "super fun".
    • Wrathion has been trying to restore the Black Dragonflight since Cata. Players are new dragons that Wrathion has been overseeing in The Dragon Isles. Wrathion has recruited/kidnapped class trainers from all over Azeroth to train his new flight. The warlock trainer will cause some players to flip out.
    • Since the battle with Deathwing all dragon aspects have been losing their magic. New dragons (players) need to learn how to fight alongside mortal races to save their race. Wrathions big thing is reversing the loss of magic from Dragons completely and protecting his flight.
    • No big bad in 10.0 but there are infinite dragons, netherwing and some new Dragon Isles specific proto-races (there’s a pretty fun Trogg progenitor race that’s actually super advanced and intelligent). Going back to smaller zone-contained stories. Big focus on discovery, soft-rebooting Azeroth (the planet) and setting up future conflicts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait why did he get banned?

Also my hope is for this: "10.0 Cinematic being put together is the biggest Blizz have ever produced. Entire cine team has been developing this for over a year."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Wrathion has recruited/kidnapped class trainers from all over Azeroth to train his new flight.
    Stop it, get some help.

he got banned within minutes after creating the post, hmmm
    Looks quite legit

As usual I don't believe a word, but I admire the OP's imagination as it sounds pretty cool and not immediately provably bogus.

Part of the fun of playing WoW is going back to these "leaks" later on and seeing which ones came remotely close.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This one actually sounds pretty fun and interesting. I'm not saying I think it's real, but I'd probably be interested in playing it. It sounds a bit silly that a Titan would be, essentially, our companion for the expansion, but it has some potential, I think.

This sounds mostly plausible, actually. Well done. We all know the entire concept of WoW's next expansion is being thrown around on some discord.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Playable Black Dragons would be cool, but lore wise it would be worse than playable Blood Elves. At least Belves (99% of whom were wiped out by the Scourge), there were presumably millions of them so theoretically there would be thousands of survivors at least, and a few dozen of them became adventurers. But with the Black Dragonflight, the fact that they are an extinct dragonflight with only two surviving males (and a third retconned in Legion) has been foundational WoW lore for over a decade. The again, we have Shadowlands, so... I can believe the current WoW writing team actually doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This one actually sounds pretty fun and interesting. I'm not saying I think it's real, but I'd probably be interested in playing it. It sounds a bit silly that a Titan would be, essentially, our companion for the expansion, but it has some potential, I think.
    Could be fun, tons of people thought pandas were bad, but we saw how that turned out. Maybe little baby titans are different?

Anyhow, I am more so curious as to why the OP was banned nearly instantly from making this post.

Wow, what's this? First "leak" that actually feels like somewhat real and professional. Maybe it's just the presentation and the way it's typed, not typing "Jailor" or "Sylvanus". Great effort.

Ban can really easily just be because of ban evasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fun and unique...so totally not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post

Part of the fun of playing WoW is going back to these "leaks" later on and seeing which ones came remotely close.
    yep, its been over a decade now and leak season gets me hyped everytime

When there's more than 1 leak in a day it gets really hard to get into them

Quote Originally Posted by ItsYoursef View Post
    Azeroth as a character described sort of like Leeloo from 5th Element.
    This movie is racist and sexist so I hope this leak is fake.

Sadly, it sounds bad enough to become true.

F*CK SYSTEMSSSSSSS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    When there's more than 1 leak in a day it gets really hard to get into them
    Also might mean we are close to a reveal, all seems to be pointing to Dragon Isle one way or another, which is a good theme though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Out of the "leaks" I've seen so far, this is the most believable. It's the right mix of stupid and unambitious. The pre-event would actually get me to consider a month of resub, especially if we could use the invasions to level like we did in Legion. Without more detail on the expansion though it's not looking really appealing and I'll probably pass on it, which will be the first time I've ever not played on launch.

He got banned, so it has to be true... right?

I liked this one, as opposed to the other ones, but it has some red flags anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Sadly, it sounds bad enough to become true.

F*CK SYSTEMSSSSSSS!
    Fuck systems? Is this really what the whine has boiled down to?