Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No he wasnt. They specifically said that MoP was us going on an adventure and that there was no big bad. It wasnt until Landfall that they started acknowledging that it was a bamboozle to not spoil the story.
    I really hope there is no big bad this time! Give me a villain that arises naturally from the new expansion story, someone who, for some reason we don't know yet, is opposed to our efforts and tries to stop us. A flesh and blood character, not another cosmic entity noone cares about. And build him up properly, let him kill some characters we really love so we can actually hate him enough to care

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    pretty sure all expansions have been leaked to some degree,with wrath being a literal full leak
    I think I just found it: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...K-Massive-leak Lots of people in there calling it BS, heh.

Hmm. Well, except playable dragons the whole thing actually doesn't seem too unbelievable. Unless dragon form is a temporary form like demon hunters have. Playing as a dragon just seems like it would be so cool that it would seriously unbalance the distribution of classes even more.

The emergent world players help to shape sounds like a fun idea that can prolong the relevance out outdoor content. The tech to do it is there, but knowing Blizzard, it would be an on-rail experience, so you won't have any influence on HOW it looks (so sooner or later we all end up in a world that looks exactly the same for everyone). Might be tricky for phasing and grouping though...

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    MOP "systems"

1. glyphs- replaceable with just 1 click in the rested area. "penalty" is ~20-200gold.
    2. Legendary cloak questline- takes ~30-120 mins/week to clear raid wing on any difficulty.
    3. Easy, fast and "bis-list" gearing.

Legion:

1. artifact grind (infinite)
    2. RNG 'legendary' grind (1 day - 1+ year)
    3. Relics (more like triple weapon drop RNG)
    4. Destroyed pvp/pve gearing.

BFA:

1. Azerite grind (infinite, but extremely easier after 4 weeks of "lacking behind")
    (and this was pretty much it about BFA..... UNTIL!)
    2. ESSENCES! (MONTHS!, no alt-catch up)
    3. CORRUPTIONS! (MONTHS!, no alt catch-up)
    4. Destroyed pvp/pve gearing.

SL:

1. Renown (weeks/months, catch-up added after almost 1 year)
    2. Soulbinds questlines (catch-up added after almost 1 year)
    3. Choreghast (weeks)
    4. Essences (weeks, rng)
    5. AT LEAST pvp gearing is "semi-back" on track with immeasurably longer grind in order to upgrade "pvp ranks".
    Of all these SL has the least amount lol. 1.5 hour a week after the initial 2 weeks.

I like how you left out the daily chores in MoP that lasted months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Is that true? u sure?
    Yeah. There's a recent source that shows this. I'll look around and dig it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Love the expansion concept, 100%.

My question though to everyone else is what actually are the hints for the Dragon Isles? We have the dragons in Island Expeditions in BfA, the one line in the quest text when you turn Azerite in to Wrathion in BfA, and the dragon bundle on the shop. Am I missing other recent hints?
    Add the mechanical dragon pet (mirroring the BFA mechanical dragon mount) from the anniversary event, and a reference in the new book "Exploring Azeroth: Kalimdor"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I first read the black dragon race and immediately dismissed the whole thing. Then I read the actual concept and now I'm leaning towards plausible.

It's honestly not any crazier than the WoD leak sounded back in the day, and except for a few details, that was almost entirely right.
    The WoD leak was like a few days before the reveal, probably because someone already watched the Blizzcon presentation and trailer.
    Since we haven't any of that on the horizon, I highly doubt any of this is more than wishful thinking.

Dragons can take on the form of all the humanoid races if memory serves me right.
    Does this mean you can technically just choose which race you want to be in addition to being a member of the dragonflight?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No he wasnt. They specifically said that MoP was us going on an adventure and that there was no big bad. It wasnt until Landfall that they started acknowledging that it was a bamboozle to not spoil the story.
    That's not true - they already announced during the initial MoP Blizzcon during a FAQ that Garrosh would end up as the final boss. That was btw the reason why they tried to hide the final bosses of WoD/Legion/BfA because they thought it would be better to surprise people next time (which sucked lmao).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

And I thought Wrath of the Bolvar sounded ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    That's not true - they already announced during the initial MoP Blizzcon during a FAQ that Garrosh would end up as the final boss.
    Yeah, just went digging. Didn't realise it was said pre-release.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150129...-of-orgrimmar/

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Dragons can take on the form of all the humanoid races if memory serves me right.
    Does this mean you can technically just choose which race you want to be in addition to being a member of the dragonflight?
    I mean, that's what the OP said, which all the "Dragons are too big!" people seem to overlook. It's like they just stop reading at the words "black dragon"

Quote Originally Posted by ItsYoursef View Post
    • Works like Worgen, customize your dragon form and humanoid appearances. Humanoid can be any race, including allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I think I just found it: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...K-Massive-leak Lots of people in there calling it BS, heh.

Hmm. Well, except playable dragons the whole thing actually doesn't seem too unbelievable. Unless dragon form is a temporary form like demon hunters have. Playing as a dragon just seems like it would be so cool that it would seriously unbalance the distribution of classes even more.
    oh yeah,very interesting read,i really giggled at people calling it fake because a level increase didnt seem plausable

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Of all these SL has the least amount lol. 1.5 hour a week after the initial 2 weeks.

I like how you left out the daily chores in MoP that lasted months.
    Because these were anything but mandatory.
    You had to spam them only if you wanted super early epic item, which you could get from raid, pvp vendor, pve vendor.

For me, what gives it as fake is the way it is presented. He's sometimes writing as a dev trying to tease us rather than factual leaking; and sometimes writing like how other fake-leakers tend to write. Don't try to tease! Just leak

• In the fight with the Jailer Azeroth is ruptured. We beat the Jailer and save the planet, but there's consequences. Some "stay a while and listen" events after the fight describe the state of Azeroth.

[...]

New Xpac
    • 10.0 Cinematic being put together is the biggest Blizz have ever produced. Entire cine team has been developing this for over a year. All Shadowlands pre-rendered cinematics were scrapped and whole team moved on to this. Is a "love letter" to Azeroth, mirrors the original WoW launch cinematic and ends with Azeroth being "born".
    • As a result of the Jailer’s assault, "Azeroth the Eternal" is born from the World Soul. She's a dragon! Sort of...
    Too much vague details. You speak about "consequences", you're putting things in "quotes"... Just tell us what the state of Azeroth is after the said fight instead of trying to convey that you have insights informations without saying them!

Honestly I like to try to guess how was the mindset of the person when they were writing the leak, and you were doing okay-ish until the line "She's a dragon! Sort of...". That one is what gives it away as fake; you certainly pictured how a dev would write that on their powerpoint reveal and you reproduced it.

Everyone gets the same abilities.
    Ugh, to be honest I'm just trying to cope with that line. I want that to be fake.

If there is one thing I'd want to be true is the Black Dragon race being able to be a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Quite on the contrary, especially at this point of development. Things like lore are already set in stone, things like features are not - so Blizz can be hesitant to leak things that may not be included in the final product. Not saying the leak is legit (though it's always fun to hypothesize), but it's quite logical they wouldn't talk much about features just yet.
    False. Ion already stated that even some major lore points are decided only month before the release. You just have to look at WoD or Legion beta to know how much things can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Tauren are taller than worgen at 7 foot, with troll and draenei at 8. Not that it really matters anyway, as we also have dragons literally the size of gnomes (is, Chromie) and the "leak" talks about players picking a "mortal" form for combat, with the Dragon form for traveling, since dragons are mounts for a reason.

I know he was, but do you know when?
    Chromie's dragon form is pretty big. Just because she turns into a gnome for her mortal form doesn't mean she's a dragon the size of a gnome. Also, Giving every race a dragon form AND draconic features is not something I see Blizzard doing. The only dragons in lore who have draconic features in their mortal forms are the Aspects.

And iirc Garrosh was announced as the final boss of MoP when it was announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Druids are the most popular class in WoW by a significant margin. You add a Wrathion-like race to the equation with new (dragon-based) Druid forms, and it's checkmate.
    ...1% is NOT a significant margin. Druids are at 11.63% followed by paladin at 10.44% and Hunter at 10.15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    False. Ion already stated that even some major lore points are decided only month before the release. You just have to look at WoD or Legion beta to know how much things can change.
    Source? Seems rather implausible, since all the quests, quest texts, cutscenes etc. need to be written/edited according to the lore and plot - and they do it a month before the release?
    EDIT: I mean, I do understand they can still change this or that, but the leak is super vague, there are hardly any revealing plot points.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-01-13 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Until they do.

Until they don't.

Such lore boundaries are absolutely meaningless.
    They'll change anything and everything in order to create an outcome which suits their expansion idea.

Procreation is an issue? Welp, guess Wrathion finds something to fix that.
    Oh, size is an issue? Welp, lets scale the model down or use another dragokin model instead.
    Drakanid are not dragons though. I really don't think Blizzard is going to implement full blown dragons as a race for players to choose. Maybe drakanid but definitely not full dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Chromie's dragon form is pretty big.
    And so are the Sandstone drakes that we can already turn into. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, Giving every race a dragon form AND draconic features is not something I see Blizzard doing.
    How about having Blizzard reuse a mechanic, skins, models and skeletons instead of making a whole new race? Cause that sounds like Blizzard.

The only dragons in lore who have draconic features in their mortal forms are the Aspects.
    Usually because they're undercover. That said, there's no reason why others can't. Their mortal forms are just magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Source? Seems rather implausible, since all the quests, quest texts, cutscenes etc. need to be written/edited according to the lore and plot - and they do it a month before the release?
    EDIT: I mean, I do understand they can still change this or that, but the leak is super vague, there are hardly any revealing plot points.
    https://massivelyop.com/2021/07/02/w...o-frustrating/

Here's the original source of the interview : https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3635679