Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    No, Worgen can't be monks because they can't keep calm and balanced in combat.
    No, its because the worgen (and goblin) starting zone is tied to a specific chain of events, in a very specific point in time, in a specific location that is entirely isolated from the rest of the world, set in the pre-pandaria era.

If they updated the starting zone, worgen would just be eligible for the monk class as everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Draenei and Blood Elf starting zones are stuck in TBC, and yet we still have Pandaren teaching them in those places.
    Because in-universe neither of those are tied to very specific and very isolated incidents.
    Both Azuremyst and Eversong are still part of the greater world around them and are utilized as such.
    That the zones are old and outdated is just another gameplay limitation.

A Pandaren visiting Azuremyst or Eversong requires no in-universe explanation, they simply had direct access to those zones.
    A Pandaren teaching a bunch of gilneans the ways of the monk before the Greymane Wall fell, and Pandaria was ever discovered, is gonna require a lot of jumping through hoops and loops to make sense of.

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    A class that can summon undead/unholy minions, with attacks that curse and blight? Yeah no that sounds A LOT like a necromancer.

Why would they add an undead warlock when they got what a necromancer is in the Unholy DK...
    Omg, the ignorance is just rancid lol. Is there no hope for the WoW community?

Just because an unholy dk can summon undead doesnt make them necromancers.

Necromancers are spellcasters that can summon, control and possess the undead. They specialize in dark alchemy and manipulation. They become liches and research unlife. They summon whole armies of undead and sit behind the scenes while their minions do their bidding. Their magic is a mix of arcane shadow and frost magic. They sacrifice their minions or themselves in rituals. They are not warriors (dk) or demon summoners (warlock).
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2022-01-14 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Worgen can't be monks because their starting is stuck in the cata-era.

Aka, the time before Pandaren taught everyone.
    No reason why that hasn't changed today, especially in a post Pandaren Death Knight WoW.

If Allied Races can be Monks, and everyone's starting at Exiles Reach anyways, why not have Worgen Monks?

Because in-universe neither of those are tied to very specific and very isolated incidents.
    Does it though, for the Draenei at least?

The trainer mentions being present when they crash landed. That's a very specific incident in time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by She of Three Faces View Post
    I don't think this is real. I don't want this to be real because nothing screams "resub" for me.
    I'll bite - what would scream "resub?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    From what I recall, the only remote 'hint' was the shop mount which was the drake that was Bastion-esque (blue and white).
    Bellular suggested as much, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    A class that can summon undead/unholy minions, with attacks that curse and blight? Yeah no that sounds A LOT like a necromancer.

Why would they add an undead warlock when they got what a necromancer is in the Unholy DK...
    why would they have paladins when they already had another class using Light do heal and deal damage...
    necromancer to DK is pretty much the same as priest to paladin... actualy i would say priest/paladin are closer than necro and DK

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    why would they have paladins when they already had another class using Light do heal and deal damage...
    necromancer to DK is pretty much the same as priest to paladin... actualy i would say priest/paladin are closer than necro and DK
    Since when do paladins use void?

More like DK/NECRO = Ench sahmmy / ele shammy

I have to admit—I'd be disappointed by Azeroth being a glorified loli with the "mind of a child". I always found that character archetype annoying and, frankly, fetishistic. I'd rather prefer she emerge as a war-hungry lunatic who wants more violence, showing us the natural consequence of a world defined by perpetual war. I wouldn't see much reason for a powerful Titan whose shell is a "world of war(craft)" to not be particularly violent and militant. I like the idea of her being fascinated by war, with every intention of perpetuating it.

I mean, I wont lie, Dragon centered expation have been hyped up for years. Why the fuck not.
    since MoP Every expations have been " THIS TIME dragon isle"

I would be fine for this, but i still totaly hope for Like an big ass "return of the black empire" Which is what BFA should have been with N'Zoth should have been. Where What the answer to what is on the other part of azeroth, why do ships not go the other way around. Well, Time for an expation of what a continent ruled by generals of the old gods would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Since when do paladins use void?

More like DK/NECRO = Ench sahmmy / ele shammy
    im not saying they are the same just in different armor, but the very basic concept - using Light to heal or deal damage - is the same, paladin have all three specs centered around Light, while priest have 2 (1.5 if you want ) why couldnt DK and necro be the same? necro could even have healing spec unlike DK, perhaps even something similar to disco - healing by dealing damage...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-14 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Omg, the ignorance is just rancid lol. Is there no hope for the WoW community?

Just because an unholy dk can summon undead doesnt make them necromancers.

Necromancers are spellcasters that can summon, control and possess the undead. They specialize in dark alchemy and manipulation. They become liches and research unlife. They summon whole armies of undead and sit behind the scenes while their minions do their bidding. Their magic is a mix of arcane shadow and frost magic. They sacrifice their minions or themselves in rituals. They are not warriors (dk) or demon summoners (warlock).
    Necros make sense as a 4th spec of Death Knights. I have made this recommendation many times on alpha/beta forums for the past 3 expacs.

Most of the other classes people want to see make more sense as 4th specs of classes we already have. The only one that doesn't really work as 4th specs is a Dragon based class, though even that you could do pretty well incorporated into the classes we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Without reading past page two, this sounds a LOT like a Cata rehash at heart to me.
    Of course it is. They've been repeating expansions for a while now. Legion was BC2, Shadowlands is Wrath2, now we get Cata2. There's no originality left in Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im not saying they are the same just in different armor, but the very basic concept - using Light to heal or deal damage - is the same, paladin have all three specs centered around Light, while priest have 2 (1.5 if you want ) why couldnt DK and necro be the same? necro could even have healing spec unlike DK, perhaps even something similar to disco - healing by dealing damage...
    Necro's are just ranged DKs in cloth. This is why I compared them to enh andele shammies.

Paladins on the other hand, aren't just priests in plate. They have different approaches to the light and ALL priests have access to the void. Paladins are strictly light zealots.

It's a bad comparison. Theoretically, nothing a Necro can do can a DK not do. At most a necro would be a 4th spec for DK's. Or maybe a skin for locks. Not everything a Priest can do can a Paladin do.

Now you could start making silly arbitrary differences between necro and dk's to justify necros, Like idk necros are more in tune with souls than DKs or some BS like that, but come on...

For some redundant specs at least here is significant differences.

Like fire mages and destro locks.

Fire mages call upon arcane energies to create fire while locks use fel powers and fel corrupted fire.

You cant say something similar for necros and dk's except that one is in plate.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-01-14 at 08:52 PM.

I swear.. ever since WOD people have been coming up with these "leaks" every freaking god damn time about Dragon Isles.. Like come on... stfu about it already. We got it! Its fun to meme about with Dragon Isles but come on..

NO! There won't be an expansion about Dragon Isle.
    NO! You won't ever see Dragon Isles

Get over it already.

Dunno what is worst tbh.. people crying about Dragon Isle or Tinker Class... hmm..
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

No, its because the worgen (and goblin) starting zone is tied to a specific chain of events, in a very specific point in time, in a specific location that is entirely isolated from the rest of the world, set in the pre-pandaria era.

If they updated the starting zone, worgen would just be eligible for the monk class as everybody else.
    This is not really a good reason any more, they could have Worgen and Goblin Monks start in Exile's Reach.

It's probably just lazyness, and maybe missing animations holding them back. Or something completely arbitrary. I also don't understand why we can't have Gnome Paladins (they can be both Priests and Warriors, and have close ties to the Dwarves...) or Zandalari Warlocks for that matter to name a few.
    Last edited by leothar; 2022-01-14 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    I swear.. ever since WOD people have been coming up with these "leaks" every freaking god damn time about Dragon Isles.. Like come on... stfu about it already. We got it! Its fun to meme about with Dragon Isles but come on..

NO! There won't be an expansion about Dragon Isle.
    NO! You won't ever see Dragon Isles

Get over it already.

Dunno what is worst tbh.. people crying about Dragon Isle or Tinker Class... hmm..
    So I guess that expeditions quest with the dragon scale and the dragons isles having they're first canonical mention in-game was just added for shits and giggles? The fact there's no other major unexplored landmass or island chain left on azeroth besides the dragon isles means nothing to you?

Sorry bud, but 100% the isles will be 10.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leothar View Post
    This is not really a valid reason any more, they could just force Worgen and Goblin Monks to start via the new Exile's Reach starting area.

It's probably just lazyness and maybe missing animations.
    This is the best possible current solution.

So I guess that expeditions quest with the dragon scale and the dragons isles having they're first canonical mention in-game was just added for shits and giggles? The fact there's no other major unexplored landmass or island chain left on azeroth besides the dragon isles means nothing to you?

Sorry bud, but 100% the isles will be 10.0.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the best possible current solution.
    Let's see! I've bookmarked this, so let's see when 10 gets announced
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    I keep hesitating to keep my posts when relaying this information, but the OP did get one thing right, and that is that 10.0 is the dragon isles. There is both a new dragon race and a new dragon class (the class can be two types of DPS or a healer). None of the stuff about the new system of "world shaping" is correct, there's nothing like that going on. There is no revamp of old content or zones. Tyrande and a new world tree are involved. Tyr and ulduar are involved. Tinkers have never been considered for WoW, and will likely never be.
    Proof or BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof or BS.
    There is no proof, it’s a leak from someone he supposedly knows. I’ll just say a rather huge red flag is the lack of a name for the supposed new class and race this close to expansion announcement. Also the idea that Blizzard has never considered a Tinker class for WoW is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There is no proof, it’s a leak from someone he supposedly knows. I’ll just say a rather huge red flag is the lack of a name for the supposed new class and race this close to expansion announcement. Also the idea that Blizzard has never considered a Tinker class for WoW is laughable.
    Right? I cant imagine something with so much back up as the Tinker to be overlooked for a class with 0 development that comes out of the blue. Even for a dragon isles expansion.