Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsYoursef View Post
    - New Race: Black Dragons
    - New System: World Shaping
    Over-the-top ludicrous feature, I mean in a way that even the current WoW could not handle it that far.

The title of expansion is plausible. The rest is 100% fake written by a teenager. Mark my words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Right? I cant imagine something with so much back up as the Tinker to be overlooked for a class with 0 development that comes out of the blue. Even for a dragon isles expansion.
    Well that's sort of what I'm saying. When Blizzard brings in a new class, it tends to carry the weight of previous incarnations and already has an established fan base. When they bring in a new race, it's a race that's been around for awhile and rather heavily demanded, like Worgen, Goblins, Pandaren, Ogres or Naga. For example, if we were to be leaking MoP and saying "We're going to Pandaria, and there's the Pandaren Race and Brewmaster class!" we instantly know what we're talking about. If we were leaking WotLK and saying "We're going to Northrend and we're going to have a Death Knight class!", again, we know what we're talking about. Even the major race inclusions (Draenei, Blood Elves, Worgen, Goblins, and Pandaren) were pretty well known LONG before they entered WoW as playable races.

The idea that we're going to be dragon race AND a dragon class with literally no exposure or backstory from either concept doesn't jive with the history of WoW class/race inclusions. For example, the "Dragon race" that's being proposed; What type of dragon race? The Drakkonoids with two arms and four legs? The more monstrous bipedal Dragons? The more skinny dragonkind? The aspects who are actual dragons but disguise themselves as mortals? What about this dragon class? What and who is this class based on? The aspects? Draconic magic (which already exists in multiple classes)? Dragons that we can use as pets? The Dragonsworn from the TTRPG? Who is the lore character that represents this class? Wrathion? Alexstraza? Chromie? None of the above? It seems rather odd that we have enough information for spec configuration, but not the basics.

Now, maybe Blizzard has changed the way they introduce races and classes in WoW (and frankly I'll take ANY new class or race at this point), but somehow I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    hell ive seen two very good concepts for necromancer class that was nothing like DK on this site alone...
    With the lack of a new Necromancer class in SL (an expansion so full of necromancers that each class got necromancer abilities), it's safe to say that the chances of a necromancer class at this point are close to zero.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-14 at 10:07 PM.

Necro's are just ranged DKs in cloth.
    thats your opinion...
    now, we have literaly the whole zone of necromancers, how many of them use blood or frost magic? afaik, none blood, i think none use frost... maybe few of the liches, not sure if id count them as necromancers so no, necros are not just ranged dks in cloth... they just use ONE of the 3 schools of magic DKs use, paladins use one of the two priests use...
    so yeah, if necro is ranged DK in cloth priest is ranged paladin in cloth...

Paladins on the other hand, aren't just priests in plate. They have different approaches to the light and ALL priests have access to the void. Paladins are strictly light zealots.
    do you know lore a bit? do you know how first paladins came to "existence"? two of the first (human) paladins were literaly priests who took armor and melee weapons....
    btw, im pretty sure lorewise not all priests have access to void

It's a bad comparison. Theoretically, nothing a Necro can do can a DK not do. At most a necro would be a 4th spec for DK's. Or maybe a skin for locks. Not everything a Priest can do can a Paladin do.
    as i already said and you conveniently ignored, necro could heal... transfering health from enemies to allies fits pretty well with necro...
    and what exactly it is that priest do that paladin cant? use different magic school? necro could do that... wears cloth? necro could do that... use spells rather than melee abilities? again, necro could do that... so you are wrong about it being bad comparison, you just seem to lack imagination...

and wtf have necromancers to do with warlocks? thats like saying warlock should be skin for mage, that would be at least a bit lorewise correct...

You cant say something similar for necros and dk's except that one is in plate.
    ofc you can, we have literaly whole zone full of necromancers (and similar beings) that have literaly nothing in common with DK except being undead...
    so its not impossible you just have to let go of your stubborness, open your mind and use your imagination...

tbh, all you wrote shows one thing - you think necromancer is impossible bcs you cant (dont want to) imagine it different from DK, which is not really problem with necromancer, but with you...
    hell ive seen two very good concepts for necromancer class that was nothing like DK on this site alone...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Because in-universe neither of those are tied to very specific and very isolated incidents.
    Both Azuremyst and Eversong are still part of the greater world around them and are utilized as such.
    That the zones are old and outdated is just another gameplay limitation.

A Pandaren visiting Azuremyst or Eversong requires no in-universe explanation, they simply had direct access to those zones.
    A Pandaren teaching a bunch of gilneans the ways of the monk before the Greymane Wall fell, and Pandaria was ever discovered, is gonna require a lot of jumping through hoops and loops to make sense of.
    They are, in fact, tied to very specific events. Or at least, the Draenei one is: the crash-landing of the Exodar and the arrival of the Draenei on Azeroth. You, as a new Draenei, are awakening from a pod that just landed. That's pretty damn specific and isolated. A Pandaren just happening to be there at the necessary time to teach is no stranger than them managing to sneak into Gilneas with their Monk arts.

Right? I cant imagine something with so much back up as the Tinker to be overlooked for a class with 0 development that comes out of the blue. Even for a dragon isles expansion.
    aaaah i see now why you cant imagine necromancer being a class...
    so i shouldnt even bother, tinker zaelots cant see anything else than their dream class, which is HIGHLY unlikely to ever make it... but gl with waiting, 9th expansion in a row thats certain to have tinker, this time it surely will happen... /s
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-14 at 10:12 PM.

thats your opinion...
    now, we have literaly the whole zone of necromancers, how many of them use blood or frost magic? afaik, none blood, i think none use frost... maybe few of the liches, not sure if id count them as necromancers so no, necros are not just ranged dks in cloth... they just use ONE of the 3 schools of magic DKs use, paladins use one of the two priests use...
    so yeah, if necro is ranged DK in cloth priest is ranged paladin in cloth...

do you know lore a bit? do you know how first paladins came to "existence"? two of the first (human) paladins were literaly priests who took armor and melee weapons....
    btw, im pretty sure lorewise not all priests have access to void

as i already said and you conveniently ignored, necro could heal... transfering health from enemies to allies fits pretty well with necro...
    and what exactly it is that priest do that paladin cant? use different magic school? necro could do that... wears cloth? necro could do that... use spells rather than melee abilities? again, necro could do that... so you are wrong about it being bad comparison, you just seem to lack imagination...

and wtf have necromancers to do with warlocks? thats like saying warlock should be skin for mage, that would be at least a bit lorewise correct...

ofc you can, we have literaly whole zone full of necromancers (and similar beings) that have literaly nothing in common with DK except being undead...
    so its not impossible you just have to let go of your stubborness, open your mind and use your imagination...

tbh, all you wrote shows one thing - you think necromancer is impossible bcs you cant (dont want to) imagine it different from DK, which is not really problem with necromancer, but with you...
    Look, to avoid derailing the thread with back n forth responses, at this point it doesn't matter. If necro were ever to be introduced as the next class then it would have been in SL, given the pattern of releasing new classes every other expansion since wrath. We were due for it in SL.

Since we didnt get them for SL, and given that SL is the ultimate death/undeath expansion theme-wise, these is NO CHANCE IN HELL that we'll get necros over any other classes in a non-death themed expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

aaaah i see now why you cant imagine necromancer being a class...
    so i shouldnt even bother, tinker zaelots cant see anything else than their dream class, which is HIGHLY unlikely to ever make it... but gl with waiting, 9th expansion in a row thats certain to have tinker, this time it surely will happen... /s
    It didnt happen in the past since it wasn't time. Now it is.

There's only a few possible classes left that could make it. A lack of new classes in SL pretty much took DR's and Necro's out of the picture.

That leaves us with Tinker or Dragonsworn for 10.0. If dragonsworn ends up begin the new covenant gimmick or a race like in the OP, then that leaves us with....

It's just common sense, biases aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Let's see! I've bookmarked this, so let's see when 10 gets announced
    i remember myself the leaks when WoD was announced and ppls gone „Iron Horde Time Warp Parallel BS ??? WTF ???“

this was super funny. foremost re-checking the leak posts. was a great time for popcorn and laughing.

I like - leak was similar as to the one that got deleted earlier this year off of a discord channel but not as much info.

Right.. all i need to do is write my leak, create a new sign in, then get myself banned and everyone will believe me.

This leak sounds ridiculous ... I'm gonna call it, false with 1 or 2 items correct, tops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxandriel View Post
    Over-the-top ludicrous feature, I mean in a way that even the current WoW could not handle it that far.

The title of expansion is plausible. The rest is 100% fake written by a teenager. Mark my words!
    World shaping sounds boring as hell too.. why would i want that?

i'd rather they do a system i could build up my race's capital city and the changes a permanent on my client, with new updates every patch that allow me to expand further.

world shaping? to what end?

Quote Originally Posted by Polix View Post
    I'll bite - what would scream "resub?"

- - - Updated - - -

Bellular suggested as much, as well.
    I'm a simple woman. So long as I see at least three things that interest or appeal to me and content I deem worth my money and time, I resub. Any three of the following features would please me, specifically the first. A undead elf model toggle with accompanying customization for Forsaken, class skins or something of the like, a new class, a new race, or new allied races. As for story, lore and races go I want a better story that respects the lore and the races of both factions. Of course things I haven't listed could also please me. Not to picky.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Sorry, no proof. But the WoW team always has a good laugh that people always are saying Tinkers are the next new class. It could happen some day, but up to this point (and for 11.0) it's not in the realm of possibility. If you see a leak saying Tinkers, know that it's fake.

Regarding the name of the class/race, I try not to pry too much because my sources are doing so at a great risk. All I know is it's a dragon humanoid thing, and that the class will have two DPS specs and a healer spec, but no tank spec (last I heard anyway).

Regarding an expansion announcement, I was last told Spring, and that the target release date is October 2022. I don't know of any new game systems, borrowed power, or anything akin to class halls, but I'd wager there's some of that in the mix.

I do know that cross-faction play is coming in 10.0, but I don't know the extent of how that will play out. New heritage armor is in the works (humans - stormwindy, night elves - OG cinematic look, draenei - BC concept art look), and player housing is being worked on, but it won't be until 11.0 or later. 11.0 involves void lords, so whatever happens in 10.0 will lead to that I guess. I was told old god seeds that were planted in BfA will come to fruition.

---

edit: I totally understand the skepticism with what I'm saying as well, I've been around these forums a long time and have seen many, many fake leaks and always considered it all BS. But there's always some truth peppered in there somewhere among them. It's weird to be on the other end this time, and I'm excited to see if the information I've received pans out to be true.
    Did your "source" ever mention Dark Ranger or similar concept?

Regarding the name of the class/race, I try not to pry too much because my sources are doing so at a great risk. All I know is it's a dragon humanoid thing, and that the class will have two DPS specs and a healer spec, but no tank spec (last I heard anyway).
    Bards could easily have 2 dps specs and a heal spec . A dd damage spec, a dot damage spec, and a hot healing spec. One of the dps specs could also have illusion pets or something along those lines. Make them a bow user and wear mail, and we have a great new ranged class on our hands!

I did inquire about Dark Rangers, I was told that they are not planned for anything currently but if they ever fit a theme of an expansion they'd likely be a strong contender. Plan on seeing a lot of dragon stuffs in 10.0. As I mentioned briefly 11.0 will involve void lords, and I know that expansion is currently in early planning stages of fleshing out concepts there so who knows what that could bring class/race wise.
    Thank you for answering me. I'm going to exercise some skepticism but just know that it's nothing personal.

yeah this is cool and all but where's the part where anduin and wrathion hook up?
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, no proof. But the WoW team always has a good laugh that people always are saying Tinkers are the next new class. It could happen some day, but up to this point (and for 11.0) it's not in the realm of possibility. If you see a leak saying Tinkers, know that it's fake.

Regarding an expansion announcement, I was last told Spring, and that the target release date is October 2022. I don't know of any new game systems, borrowed power, or anything akin to class halls, but I'd wager there's some of that in the mix.

I do know that cross-faction play is coming in 10.0, but I don't know the extent of how that will play out. New heritage armor is in the works (humans - stormwindy, night elves - OG cinematic look, draenei - BC concept art look), and player housing is being worked on, but it won't be until 11.0 or later. 11.0 involves void lords, so whatever happens in 10.0 will lead to that I guess. I was told old god seeds that were planted in BfA will come to fruition.

---

edit: I totally understand the skepticism with what I'm saying as well, I've been around these forums a long time and have seen many, many fake leaks and always considered it all BS. But there's always some truth peppered in there somewhere among them. It's weird to be on the other end this time, and I'm excited to see if the information I've received pans out to be true.
    See, this is what I'm talking about; You have all of this information about this expansion, even information about 11.0, but you don't have the names for the new race and class because you don't want to "pry too deeply into your source" while said source is literally dumping information onto you?

If someone is legitimately feeding you this info, they're feeding you BS. New races and classes are very major features in new expansions. A Blizzard dev would be able to tell you what the new race and class are at this point beyond "a Dragon humanoid" and a "dragon class". A group of forum posters wouldn't know what to call a new dragon race and/or class in WoW, but a Blizzard dev 2.5 months from expansion reveal would.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-15 at 12:20 AM.

Look, to avoid derailing the thread with back n forth responses, at this point it doesn't matter. If necro were ever to be introduced as the next class then it would have been in SL, given the pattern of releasing new classes every other expansion since wrath. We were due for it in SL.

Since we didnt get them for SL, and given that SL is the ultimate death/undeath expansion theme-wise, these is NO CHANCE IN HELL that we'll get necros over any other classes in a non-death themed expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

It didnt happen in the past since it wasn't time. Now it is.

There's only a few possible classes left that could make it. A lack of new classes in SL pretty much took DR's and Necro's out of the picture.

That leaves us with Tinker or Dragonsworn for 10.0. If dragonsworn ends up begin the new covenant gimmick or a race like in the OP, then that leaves us with....

It's just common sense, biases aside.
    Not that I find DR all that likely, but they don't really have anything to do with Shadowlands so not being in the expansion doesn't really effect them one way or the other. If anything they are in a better place post SL than they were prior, because with Sylvanas out of the picture both the old group of Blood/High Elf dark rangers and the new group of Night elf ones no longer report to her and are both in a position to be looking for a new home and role in society.

I also (independent of likelihood) maintain that the expansion after SL is a more logical point to have Necromacners than SL itself. Shadowlands is not an expansion about undeath, it's an expansion about things in the afterlife. Necromancers specialize in summoning the dead from the Veil back to the world of the living or killing and corrupting living things using death/spirit magic, but Shadowlands is a place where there is no "back" to bring people from, everyone is already a corporeal ghost, and every single person in the plane uses that spirit/death magic just as a basic part of life, so mortal necromancy is just child's play. People seem to think Necromancers should have been the DK/DH of Shadowlands, but that role is about expertise and capability, having the tools for the job. Bringing Necromancers to the Shadowlands is like bringing a Firefighter to try and deal with an imminent hurricane or tsunami because "they know how to use water".

Whereas 10.0 will have a bunch of people coming back from the Shadowlands, with new, very in-depth knowledge about exactly how death works and how souls possess anima and how that anima can be used to perform all sorts of magic; a bunch of knowledge on necromancy and plagues from Maldraxxus, and the knowledge that all those sorts of death magic can be used righteously and free from any sort of corrupting malignance. Knowledge of domination magic for empowerment, knowledge of blood magic via anima and how it can be used not just to drain people for power but to help spiritually heal them.

Shadowlands is basically a seminar on death magic and how to use it in a more balanced way, and you have a bunch of world leaders and the Ebon Blade coming back to Azeroth with that knowledge and also the understanding that they need to keep a closer eye on the relationship between this side and that side so that shit like this doesn't happen again. Creating a very real narrative space for a new, positively aligned group of necromancers.

isn't this like the 6th year in a row people have "leaked" dragon isles, i'm sorry to break your heart and hurt your fee fees, but just because you want something doesn't mean you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    10.2.5 Anduin and Wrathion look for a third

Features: Taelia has returned
    Where does one sign up?

Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If someone is legitimately feeding you this info, they're feeding you BS. New races and classes are very major features in new expansions. A Blizzard dev would be able to tell you what the new race and class are at this point beyond "a Dragon humanoid" and a "dragon class". A group of forum posters wouldn't know what to call a new dragon race and/or class in WoW, but a Blizzard dev 2.5 months from expansion reveal would.
    Not arguing this leak is real, but nowhere did they claim the devs did not know the name. They said they didn't pry into the exact name.

"a dragon race and a dragon class" is something that can be dismissed as just a lucky guess or good inference.
    "the new race is Blackwyrm, and the new class is Drake Lord" is an immediate red flag that someone who signed an NDA broke that NDA and you need to start an investigation, because the chances of some random peson guessing both exact names is near zero.

What OP implied was that they were told about the general idea of the class and race, and then didn't want to go "HEY WHAT IS THE EXACT NAME OF IT!?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    how is stating the fact void elves are from bfa not legion "defending blizzard" holy shit.
    It literally isn't a fact and defending blizzard is claiming renown catchup was in from the jump.