Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love how I havent been on this site in over a year, came back today for obvious reasons, and the first thing I see is like fifteen threads with new expansion leaks!!

I guess people are really bored of SL already huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dragon Isles is the last known place on Azeroth we haven't visited yet
    There is also the other side of Azeroth, which no ship has ever returned from when sailing in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    There is also the other side of Azeroth, which no ship has ever returned from when sailing in that direction.
    And the bottom half because the southern zones are seemingly near the equator

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    There's also the island of Balor
    You mean the CONTINENT of Balor.

Or well it'll be the size of one when it's added to wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    And the bottom half because the southern zones are seemingly near the equator
    I have a hazy memory they said pandaland was on the south pole and warm ocean currents kept it from freezing over. But I couldn't source this if I tried.

Edit: it's was a q&a from ages ago. Basically said maybe it's the equator maybe it's not and Azeroth is just warmer at the South pole.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-01-19 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post

Or well it'll be the size of one when it's added to wow.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a hazy memory they said pandaland was on the south pole and warm ocean currents kept it from freezing over. But I couldn't source this if I tried.

Edit: it's was a q&a from ages ago. Basically said maybe it's the equator maybe it's not and Azeroth is just warmer at the South pole.
    Any lore from legion and before or any interviews are meaningless to the devs

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Isles is the last known place on Azeroth we haven't visited yet, so of course every fanfic will feature it.
    There is also Undermine, which was originally conceived as a continent in Vanilla, and Blizzard stated (post-Cataclysm) that we would visit at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There is also Undermine, which was originally conceived as a continent in Vanilla, and Blizzard stated (post-Cataclysm) that we would visit at some point in the future.

Dragon isles hub city Im telling you man! Tinkers, tinkers, tinkers!

Or well it'll be the size of one when it's added to wow
    I don't mind them making multiple zones out of an island, but I wish they were still scaled like islands on the world map.

I like how in the Chronicles map, the islands of Zandalar, Broken Isles and Kul Tiras are still scaled as being islands.

The way they appear on the map now is hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsYoursef View Post
    Posting on a throwaway for obvious reasons.

Here it is, the actual leak. Taken from a private gamedev discord last night.

- New xpac is straight up called The Dragon Isles.
    - All marketing being put together has the tagline "Azeroth has awoken!".

- New Zone: The Dragon Isles
    - New Race: Black Dragons
    - New System: World Shaping

End of Shadowlands
    • In the fight with the Jailer Azeroth is ruptured. We beat the Jailer and save the planet, but there's consequences. Some "stay a while and listen" events after the fight describe the state of Azeroth. Magni reverts back from diamond form.
    • 9.2.5 pre-expansion event being put together is huge. Lots of reused events like earthquakes and invasions but also a massive Timewalking event that's being designed as a "mini-season-of-mastery" across lots of Azeroth centric dungeons and raids. Devs want players familiar with the history of Azeroth before 10.0, a “big tour” of old events and lore.
    • "Crazed" Troggs, Quilboar, Mantid and Elemental invasions across most of Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Northrend and Pandaria. New world boss "Garaddon, Son of Galakrond".

New Xpac
    • 10.0 Cinematic being put together is the biggest Blizz have ever produced. Entire cine team has been developing this for over a year. All Shadowlands pre-rendered cinematics were scrapped and whole team moved on to this. Is a "love letter" to Azeroth, mirrors the original WoW launch cinematic and ends with Azeroth being "born".
    • As a result of the Jailer’s assault, "Azeroth the Eternal" is born from the World Soul. She's a dragon! Sort of...
    • All world souls are unique and Azeroth's essence has indirectly shaped the planet for eons.
    • Dragons are tied directly to Azeroth who is sort of the dragon progenitor.
    • Once players reach Dragon Isles they work directly with Azeroth to "reshape" the world. Story here is that the planet has taken a beating over the last couple of decades and it is having dire consequences for everyone living there.
    • Azeroth as a character described sort of like Leeloo from 5th Element. A supreme being but with the mind of a child. Players need to help her unlock her powers to heal the planet. She’s in a temple on Dragon Isles with Thrall and Wrathion. Lots of “Earthwarder” lore as the three of them try to do what Deathwing couldn’t.
    • Azeroth has her own talent tree, looks very much like old school talent trees from Classic. Players can help her by "training" her via this tree. Each talent is also usable by players through the "World Bond" ability.
    • New abilities are like Covenant abilities but no additional “locked in” choices. Everyone gets the same abilities. Abilities have secondary effects depending on the zone you’re in. One example is an ability like Abomination Limb that also works as a grapple hook.
    • Dragon Isles zones will change over time via World Shaping, some pretty cool massive changes like a whole zone turning from a desert into a forest. Zone is heavily Elf focused with Night Elves trying to discover a way to restore Teldrassil with Azeroths help. You plant trees and tend to a huge forest here, like a massive version of the MoP farm.
    • World Shaping unlocks new abilities in each zone. Water walking, flying, teleporting, spectral sight, treasure finding.
    • Some older zones in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor will be getting big updates during the expansion.

Black Dragons
    • Works like Worgen, customize your dragon form and humanoid appearances. Humanoid can be any race, including allied races. Extra customization options for humanoid form including horns, tails, jewelry, scales as well as effects like burning eyes and “molten blood” which is a cool new effect.
    • Dragon Form is mainly used for travel and two racial abilities, story will explain why Black Dragons need to learn how to fight like mortals as one of the classes.
    • Black Dragons can be Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Druid, Hunter, Warlock, Priest, Shaman and Paladin. All the original WoW classes.
    • Black Dragon druid lore and shapeshift forms are "super fun".
    • Wrathion has been trying to restore the Black Dragonflight since Cata. Players are new dragons that Wrathion has been overseeing in The Dragon Isles. Wrathion has recruited/kidnapped class trainers from all over Azeroth to train his new flight. The warlock trainer will cause some players to flip out.
    • Since the battle with Deathwing all dragon aspects have been losing their magic. New dragons (players) need to learn how to fight alongside mortal races to save their race. Wrathions big thing is reversing the loss of magic from Dragons completely and protecting his flight.
    • No big bad in 10.0 but there are infinite dragons, netherwing and some new Dragon Isles specific proto-races (there’s a pretty fun Trogg progenitor race that’s actually super advanced and intelligent). Going back to smaller zone-contained stories. Big focus on discovery, soft-rebooting Azeroth (the planet) and setting up future conflicts.
    There was a much more feasible leak earlier.

The only thing I believe is correct here is that the expansion will happen on the Dragon isles.

The thing I liked best about this was the "black dragons" (awful name btw), race concept - i just like the idea of a race that is itself a customisation on existing races - sounds lazy , but not necessarily bad if done well. Like the fact it can be every class too.. this would be perfect if it came along with the San/layn/venthyr allied race and the Sylvar/night elf allied races too

World shaping seems an awful idea, clunky - just pure terrain, with no history, no culture, no societies and civilizations or minimal connection, nor anything to stir your interest further sounds bad.. and if you just put mobs on it to fight, it feels like an even worse island expedition. - so I think this is false

Azeroth is awake or waking up is also a bad idea, however the concept of being in a child like avatar form is interesting even likeable, but feels to lore bendy yet again, and overall i think a bad idea to pursue. Much better if she is in periil again, but differently now, the other leak made a lot more sense for a credible progression.

Everyone getting the same abilities has always been boring. Many players play multiple classes, the legion concept of every class getting a form of progression tree like (they had it in a fancy UI on the artifact weapon still seems the best system so far of the lot. Whiles heart of Azeroth became interesting finally in 8.3 with corruptions added and necklace power, it is still the worse of the 3. Legion style tree for classes and covenant style racial abilities makes the most sense - allied races are paired with their main race (void elves with blood elves, Nightborne with night elves) for this.

I could go on, but it seems clunky and I've heard better.

Dragon Isles is the last known place on Azeroth we haven't visited yet, so of course every fanfic will feature it.
    You're not even close:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-in-the-future

This leak.... is actually plausible....

Commenting here to say that im betting if there is any leak that is true, its this one.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    This leak.... is actually plausible....

Commenting here to say that im betting if there is any leak that is true, its this one.

If true, then this game is truly lost.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    If true, then this game is truly lost.
    we all know everyone will line up to play a black dragon if this comes out, then quit within 2 weeks.
    Chronomancer Club

it is amazing. I cannot comprehend these leak posters. WHat do you gain? What is in this for you? You keep writing a whole page essay full of shit and it keeps going on and on. More and more leakers appear. It is like they are competing. Is that fun? If so why not use a real account? Just make it, my expectations instead of a leak and you could discuss with people. But no it has to be a leak and people ridicule you. What is the point? What purpose does this serve?

Truly I cannot grasp what these people are thinking. I feel pity for them. See it as something pathetic, something vain. Why? Why would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    it is amazing. I cannot comprehend these leak posters. WHat do you gain? What is in this for you? You keep writing a whole page essay full of shit and it keeps going on and on. More and more leakers appear. It is like they are competing. Is that fun? If so why not use a real account? Just make it, my expectations instead of a leak and you could discuss with people. But no it has to be a leak and people ridicule you. What is the point? What purpose does this serve?

Truly I cannot grasp what these people are thinking. I feel pity for them. See it as something pathetic, something vain. Why? Why would you do it?
    They think it's fun, I think it's fun, a lot of other people think it's fun. That's enough reason I'd say.

5+ Year Old Account

Its really NOT that serious dude. Its obvious that people create fake leaks just for fun and hype. You should go outside and touch some grass

Nah. Why the hell would turn into a human to fight if i am a freaking dragon?

Fly above breath fire. Or stay on the ground an do litterally anything better than a guy with a shield or staff.

Litteral Dragons as a playable race does not make any sense whatsoever

1+ Year Old Account
    How many more stories about expansions seem to exist? What possible scenarios would that be possible?

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Attention seeking, see how many pages of responses they can get.

I kind of like them and rate them in my head for effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Nah. Why the hell would turn into a human to fight if i am a freaking dragon?

Fly above breath fire. Or stay on the ground an do litterally anything better than a guy with a shield or staff.

Litteral Dragons as a playable race does not make any sense whatsoever
    That's why a dragon class (with extra customization like dh's) would make far more sense than a dragon race.

#TEAMGIRAFFE