Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

WotLK : Massive leak.

Tons of informations were released on an internal source during the night. Probably to let most of the GM know what's going on.

WoWszene.de got the full text available.

• The expansion is Northrend, etc, etc.
    • We will fight Arthas himself.
    • Level cap is 80 (New skills, new talents, etc)
    • The expansion is designed for lvl 68 and higher players.
    • The Death Knight class will be available for both alliance and horde players and it seems to work on the same mechanics as Jedi in SWG, you can create them once certain criteria are met. (First hero class of the game)
    • The Death Knight will combine damage dealing and tanking.
    • Siege weapons and destructible buildings will be added to PvP
    • A new battleground will be available
    • New profession : Inscription. (allows the player to permanently enhance their spells and abilities and to create mysterious items of power to use, trade, and sell.)
    • More hero classes will be added in the future
    • Leveling from 70 to 80 should took nearly the same time as 60 to 70 (probably a bit more)
    • First zone will be Howling Fjord
    • We should have roughly the same amount of dungeons as BC

For more details, check wowszene.de

Of course, these informations aren't officialy from Blizzard, and you should trust them only if you're stupid/intelligent enough to trust this site. (Probability this is real : 70%, according to our fake-o-meter)

We've also got the first screenshot of a Death Knight but ... It looks like a fake to me *cough*. Dwarves are biggers.

Re: WotLK : Massive leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    The whole anyone can be a jedi thing is what RUINED SWG!!!! Blizzard NO!
    You really dont understand what they mean. They mean that you can only create a death knight once you've done certain things. This means that everyone CANT be a deathknight.

How common they are depends on the criteria, but it means that everyone in fact cant be one, especially not straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The whole anyone can be a jedi thing is what RUINED SWG!!!! Blizzard NO!
    True, seriously hope they can implement it better then the way jedi worked in SWG.

"New profession : Inscription. (allows the player to permanently enhance their spells"

I'm too scared to even think of how much Kungen's revenge will hit for now :P

All in all it sounds like som excellent additions to the game, I'm especially looking forward to how they will create the siege weapons and destructable buildings - sounds like fun

I still have my doubts about the hero classes though - even though I was incredibly hyped about the idea some time, I just think it will take too much balancing to make it all work out :S of course time will tell and new classes are only welcome - Let's just hope that Death Knights dont both have MS and Death coil :P

If it's inline with the original Jedi system, then expect some pretty heavy consumable and raiding requirements just to be allowed start a level 1 death knight.

Will certainly be an unusual addition to the game.

Am most excited ofc about siege weapons and buildings as if they are introduced, they have to be introducing something stationary to defend with the siege weapons / towers. Something like.. player housing?

The only things I like from what was posted is the new BG and siege weapons.
    I don't want to fight Arthas at 80, he's basically a GOD

I have two thoughts regarding this...

1. The majority of this is fake because this seems like a bad idea from a business perspective.

2. This is real, and Blizzard is simply getting desperate. Why? Not sure. We have 9 million players and they make plenty of money, which makes me think my first thought is more realistic.

Why would Blizzard make yet another level increase? It will be a pain in the butt to level from 0-80, which will make new players burned out before they even get to the max level. Not only that, but how long did we wait for the 1st expansion? Nearly 3 years? And we're already talking about a new expansion, which is retarded because 70% of the player-base will never see SSC, TK, BT, or Hyjal. Did I mention all of the current content will become obsolete just like Naxx did?

Quote Originally Posted by Laiel
    The only things I like from what was posted is the new BG and siege weapons.
    I don't want to fight Arthas at 80, he's basically a GOD
    Ragnaros and C'Thun were gods, too :-\

Inscription sounds vague...and i cant imagine anything besides being another enchanting/socketing way to increase your stats. But i hope it isnt like that... A proffesion that increases spell duration aor redues CD or in creasses spell range sounds more fun and strategical.

But my main concern is the Hero Class: Deathknight.... I think its done wrong because this way the next expansion will only feature areas for hero classes since other classes will be Under Powered or not accepted in groups/raids and this will only encourage more ppl to buy characters rather than to go through the game and meet al the requirements. Even if this sint the case I still like the Idea of UPGRADING ur current class better.

But I think I dont have to worry about it because I think this is fake, atleast the herpo class thing, because now everyone would want to be a hero class and after a while u will see less healers and more dps/tanking deathknights. Blizzard said there content was avaiable to all players so there would be a considerable amount of DeathK.. I thinkif Blizzard ould implement HClasses they would add atleas a few at once to give u a selection to start with.

sorry for this way to long post ^^
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

it sounds complete BS tbh =/

i remember before tbc there was stuff like this leaked about a new class called spellstealers or something like that =/

i'm just really scepticle about any new class info... it sounds insanely fake... a dps'ing tank sounds like a horrible addition to the game. It sounds like some german kid was just sitting day dreaming with a keyboard within an arms reach.

i don't even understand the source where did this info appear from =/

the new profession sounds pretty vague and i don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    Inscription sounds vague...
    It all sounds very vague which leads me to believe that this is the mere planning of it, and the release will be 1.5 - 2 years away.

In addition to the numerous new character-customization options that will be available with all of the new weapons and armor added by the expansion, we'll be offering some fun ways to alter both existing and new characters with regard to dances and hairstyles, but we're not ready to go into more detail just yet.
    Both the Death Knight description (starts at a high level?) and this part about character customization cause me to seriously doubt the veracity of this information. Most of it is logical extrapolation based on the original game and the first expansion, and the rest is the pipe dreams that people have posted about on blog sites and forums since BC came out.

I also agree that the introduction of hero classes is
    a) still a ways off
    b) going to include more than one initially

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn
    It all sounds very vague which leads me to believe that this is the mere planning of it, and the release will be 1.5 - 2 years away.
    Who says the leaked FAQ was written yesterday? It could already be a few months old.

I think that the Inscription profession would be very similar to the system used in City of Heroes, which actually works rather well. So I could see that as feasable.

Also taking another leaf out of City of Heroes book is the concept of high level characters being able to create a new character class. I bet we wont get many of them though, as I bet you would have to do the equivilent of going to BT and doing a horrible questline or something along those lines. An example I can think of would be defeating Arthas to be able to make one.

Ragnaros and C'Thun were gods, too
    Ragnaros was a Elemental Lietuenant of the Old gods.

So, the only god's we have killed so far is C'thun

BS, till blizz confirms it. Sorry for being sceptic all along, but thats just too much everything about nothing.

I highly doubt the Death Knights part is true, they are after all considered evil and currently serve the Lich King. It makes no sense what so ever lore wise.

I don't believe that we will fight Arthas/Lich King just yet. The Lich King is by far the most powerful being in Azeroth. Arthas alone may even have defeated an Old God (the Faceless One) before he joined the Lich King.

Although the expansion is Northrend, I don't think Icecrown will be open for a while. I believe its been stated by CM's that we won't fight the Lich King until at least level 90 or 100.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rezefty
    Ragnaros and C'Thun were gods, too
    Ragnaros was a Elemental Lietuenant of the Old gods.

So, the only god's we have killed so far is C'thun
    Not to mention that both fights are at the best opportunity for the players.

Ragnaros was resummoned too soon for him to regain his former powers, and as such he is nowhere near that powerful than he was/is.

Same with C'Thun, first of all he wasn't fully summoned yet, and second of all you weaken him from the inside in the fight.

Assuming this is all true...

I'm interested to see how they implement the Deathknight and thus how they will make it "exclusive". By making it a raiding pre-requisite it will likely alienate the entire PvP community if the Deathknight is even remotely overpowered compared to "classic" classes; Blizzard made a very good call in judgement by making the arenas a test of skill and team coordination instead of whether you were in a high-end raiding guild.

If they make it in a way that requires you to have levelled X number of level 70 classes, then those who play one class exclusively are going to be at a massive disadvantage to those who levelled alts. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but in my opinion access to a special ability should be equal for all and no-one should "start" in a better position to another.

Then there is the question about the class itself, is it meant to be "exclusive" or is it going to be relatively easy to unlock; my guess is that it will be easy to unlock - something as simple as getting a character to level 70 and performing a quest chain + group quest in a heroic (similar to the epic Druid flight form). Depending on how exclusive it is, what will it's relative powers be; if they make a class to rule all (like the Jedi in SWG) then eventually the game will be made up of 50% Deathknights and 50% the rest, unless they add more "super classes" to keep people coming, in which case the old classes will gradually get phased out.

Overall I agree with someone above about it being a bad business idea. I think the Deathknight will be reasonably easy to unlock and it'll be no better or worse in relative power than existing classes. If it is better then it's going to cause far more problems for Blizzard than if it's just a "normal" class.

This is obviously, assuming it's not all a big fat fake. I seem to remember a blue post that they would never add another class until they are happy with the balance of the present classes. Well I'm sorry, but it doesn't take a genius to see that the classes of WoW are not balanced; not in PvE or PvP.