Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh boy, it's a long list but the most important reasons I quit were..

-Playing felt meaningless. The reason I liked MMOs in the first place was because you could make progress in them that wasn't lost like in single player games after you quit them but every patch and all the catch up mechanics meant that everything you do is lost and basically pointless. You get the same rewards from waiting and then doing everything in a day.

-Casual, solo PvP was bad. Immortal healers and really unbalanced teams when queuing for random BGs made them not fun.

-I don't like where Shadowlands took the lore and players solving all the problems in the world and taking out gods. Either stop escalating stuff or get better writers.

-Blizzard in general needs to stop flip flopping. Take a direction and keep at it! As is though, even if they make the game good, I don't trust them to keep at it. They'll probably get a new "brilliant" idea a few months later that would turn everything crappy again.

-Get rid of borrowed power

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    -Blizzard in general needs to stop flip flopping. Take a direction and keep at it! As is though, even if they make the game good, I don't trust them to keep at it. They'll probably get a new "brilliant" idea a few months later that would turn everything crappy again.
    I think you mean they will Rehash the same extremely flawed "brilliant" idea that they refuse to let go because it's so amazing... Despite it not working for 3 expansions.

I didn't quote the rest, but. I agree with pretty much everything else you said though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    I think you mean they will Rehash the same extremely flawed "brilliant" idea that they refuse to let go because it's so amazing... Despite it not working for 3 expansions.

I didn't quote the rest, but. I agree with pretty much everything else you said though lol.
    Well yea this is true, I guess I mean like how they always "identify a problem" and then promise to fix it, and they do.. and then either next patch or next expansion they just bring it back and make it many times worse. So like in MoP they said excessive dailies are a problem and then reduced them.. and then brought them back with vengeance as rep, AP and other grinds.

flying at max level
    reforging
    make mythic+ the same ilvl loot as mythic 0
    glyphs
    1 talent point per level and talent tree's
    wotlk professions and gear augmentation systems
    wotlk badge gearing system and progression
    survival hunter from panda's

- overall: reduction of content and time sinks / consolidation. For a new player this game is not just unfriendly to join - rather impossible. (yes they changed some of the allied race conditions in 9.1.5 but how long did that take). This however means to take over good features from previous expansions or merge with current ones e.g. make torghast a single player rogue like in the beta, merge island expenditions (rewards) / warfronts / old raids etc. into torghast by introducing torghast wings to farm "currency of old", transmogs, old legendary stuff (like BoA cloak). I would love to see a Nathanos layer as replacement for that Darkshore Warfront - maybe even undoors like a scenario.

If I could give advises:
    - focus on players enjoying more than one character would help as it immediately would put 2/3 of current mechanics under review (reputation, quest gating, new zone gating, new currency gating)
    - "fun detected" - keep working and enjoyable mechanics over an expansion. no one complainted about Legion artifact weapons. Even the war campaign was kinda fun in BoA, same with garrision in WoD. Its just sad if you want WoD back because it was "easier" times.
    - listen to player complaints during beta (bugs are still existing, overall and conflicting power systems are not fun,...)
    - "align" classes e.g. on cooldowns (melee interrupts on same CD?) and unique class lore instead of "unique" class abilities. Even with scrolls its really hard to raid without a priest e.g.
    - make use of the established lore instead of trying to f*** it. I look at your Sylvanas-waifu Daniboy. There are still plenty unchallenged threads in "the old" world like the infinite dragons
    - being able to "just raid" aka getting on after work, enjoy a beer with some friends, progress through a raid the first 3-4 weeks and even clear HC endbosses without every failure of a single person ending in a wipe.

- quality of life:
    - stopping the malicious MoP expansion design single with interims patch (introducing flying, a new zone to grind reputations, etc.). The "new" zone never felt new but always like "another grind to keep me from doing stuff I like"
    - remove transmog restrictions aka each class can learn all "recipes" (it really sucks to open a BMAH container on your rogue with that last T3 warrior item you are looking for). There is so much I hear people being constantly complaining about sth they are looking for on another character for weeks/months/years.
    - "intelligent" loot or master looter.
    - cross-account reputation and quest status (it really sucks to play a whole story line for giving an alt access e.g. to Island of Thunder in MoP)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    FF XIV becoming bad and all my friends leaving it.

Because that's what it took for me to leave WoW.
    Pretty much this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    So you just want to stand in your garrison and bitch about how the game has nothing to do, gotcha. This expansion has literally not had any "daily chores" you had to do. Maw, Korthia, emissarys. All 100% skippable with little to no effect on player power. So your basically complaining because you had to spend 30 minutes in torghast for a few weeks until you crafted your legendary. Why even bother playing the game if your going to get pissy about being "forced" to play something for such a trivial amount of time? If that is truly upsetting to you, just quit the game already. Your clearly just looking for a reason to be mad and coming up with any excuse you can think of.

As for OP, I would like to add more gear customization back. Shoulder, leg, gloves, amulet, enchants/kits. Blacksmithing belt socket. Meta gems. Items to have pre determined sockets like they used to. 3 red sockets in that awesome 2hander from the raid. Item reforge back, no more hit and expertise caps to worry about.
    Enjoying Classic SoM/TBC without the chores, thanks though.

- Cross faction
    - Stopping this fascination of systems within systems
    - Borrowed power becoming sensible and not extensive
    - Removal of things that make boosting more attractive (Mythic giving disproportionate amounts of gear, popular cosmetics/mounts locked behind really tough group play achievements)
    - Maaaybe a light forged forsaken faction with paladins

Currently even if I wanted to come back I'd have to spend two months getting my main up to a remotely cometetive level, and that would need some serious game time as well. It's just not going to happen. If blizz want me to spend 2 hours doing something that could sensibly take 1 hour, I will spend 0 hours on it.
    RETH

I think most things have been said already so I'll stick to my biggest issue with the current itteration of wow;

Stop making players waste time on one-patch-power-systems. It doesn't make the game more fun, it doesn't add anything. Nobody wants to farm daily quests every day just to be able to add a few gems to their gear. Nobody wants to farm visions / torghast / renown / azerite neck level / etc. Focus on making classes and the content fun. Stop making people HAVE to login every day and start making them WANT to login every day.

Bring out more dungeons, more m+ mechanics, new bgs / arena maps, etc, instead of wasting resources on designing and developing these power systems that get thrown in the garbadge next patch. IF there has to be an expansion specific system, make it matter the whole expansion, don't add a new system every major patch and let players do it all over again.

Another thing I've had in my mind for years is add a third faction where we can play the bad guy. (burning legion or scourge for example)
    Last edited by Shunai; 2022-01-14 at 08:21 AM.

well for starters respecting my time but not in a way people think. the main problem is shit like 0.5% drop chance.
    complete removal of weekly bingo shitbox
    complete removal of trash design like legendaries, make that a damned talent
    180 on fomo design - revert all content that was removed, and never do this shit again.
    complete rework of raids - 3 difficulties (lfr, normal, heroic), 10M (or flex) mythic(now heroic but difficulty is similar to MoP pre mythic), xworld mythic day one, removal of id-lockout
    complete rework of M+ affixes so that they can be actually fun and not just hamstring
    complete rework of how M+ keys work

no shit stuff like reforging, domination sockets, idiotic/broken trinkets

so yeah not going to happen.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I am always returning and i don't feel bad about it anymore, but for me to keep playing for more than a couple of months, remove the gear acquiring process that is nowadays, if you want to progress in PvP, play PvP, if you want to progress in raids, play raids, if you to progress in mythic+, play mythic+, if you want to progress at w/e, play w/e, i really believe that my request is not unreasonable and i frankly believe that it is very popular among players as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

I feel its something that's just not going to happen. I just don't have FUN in WoW anymore. I find everything in the game work, a chore. since I quit WoW I been playing games and having fun, something blizzard haven't provided for along time. The only things I get from WoW is anxiety, frustration, stress and obligation. I feel like I was playing because I been leeched onto the company since 1993 I felt I had to.
    For me WoW and blizzard in general helped me get into gaming altogether again, i have quitted gaming for many many years and due to the frustration i had with BFA i played so many gems afterwards (portal, botw, demon souls, hades, to name a few), i am happy that you find fun elsewhere, because after all gaming should provide happiness not those feelings that you described, if a game cannot provide that it is redundant simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post

- Actually add new BG's
    - Update current BG's with different art assets, weather, time of day, etc, to keep it feeling like there is some variety.
    BGs are infinite fun, for me more important than adding new ones, which i completely agree with you is good for the game, is the system that was implemented during Legion with gear being equalized, i had so much fun with multiple classes back then and afterwards all you do is getting stomped if you do the mistake and queue up and you are a burden to your team as well.
    Last edited by ek0zu; 2022-01-14 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Wonder if we have reached the acceptance stage with a lot of people finally admitted there's nothing the devs could do.
    I think the problem is that the devs made it very clear last and especially this expansion that they are making the game only for the M+/Raid crowd now. So there would have to be a fundamental design shift from the devs and they would have to design stuff they personally don't like so i see no way the game can be fun again for people outside of their target audience.
    I guess they themselves pobably think "Those idiots can play FF14 for that other shit".

It would take Blizzard reseting years of design philosophy and getting back to early TBC design. In other words : it won't happen. I'm going to finish TBC Classic, maybe dips into WotLK Classic and MoP Classic (I don't like the game design that existed at the time of MoP, but I love the setting) if it exists, and then I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I think the problem is that the devs made it very clear last and especially this expansion that they are making the game only for the M+/Raid crowd now. So there would have to be a fundamental design shift from the devs and they would have to design stuff they personally don't like so i see no way the game can be fun again for people outside of their target audience.
    I guess they themselves pobably think "Those idiots can play FF14 for that other shit".
    I hope that you are right, but I still suspect that Blizzard will continue to try to cater to those unwilling to put in an effort.
    I would love that WoW would be a game for those that want to be the best they can be and the rest can go play FFXIV, where mediocrity is mandatory and everybody is a star.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a single feature - 10 man or flex mythic raiding. Overall though:
    - Stop the time-gating
    - Remove pathfinder and design zones with flying in mind.
    - No more convoluted gimmicky layered systems invest the time into the classes and skills instead
    - Better storyline and more interesting questing

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    Yeah, I forgot to mention this in my initial post but, I do like the newer style of talent tree over the old one. I get people like to do hybrid stuff but I do find those to be a bit to cookie cutter; it never felt like I was making real choices. The thing I would like to see changed for the newer style of talent tree is just bake the 100% picked talents into the class already. There are some talents that you will never NOT take because they are core to your spec and many of them have been this way for multiple expansions. Just bake them into the class already and lets get some real choices in there.

ie. I miss the Mage talent row that let you choose between Cauterize (Cheat Death), Cold Snap (Double Ice Block essentially) and Greater Invisibility (Instant Aggro Drop and also 90% DR for the first instance of damage you took) you could take Cauterize by default on a new encounter or out in the world. Cold Snap if you knew there were 2 immunity mechanics in quick succession and Greater Invis when you knew you needed to be the one to run in and soak something like a void zone that normally would need more than 1 person to soak. That sort of thing is a choice imo
    Yea, I mean I was pretty stoked when I saw all those options back when they showed us that for MoP. The problem now is that there are still to much options in our talent trees that are bad, uninteresting or just never picked. Which is weird since blizz should be all famillar with that. Same much alot of passives out there that still either be picked as a talent or take up a spot in your spellbook, when it should just be baked into the abillity it procs from or what ever. Obltirate + rime for example. Sometimes, the feedback is so clear, but they decide to not listen to it and keep it. Good example is Surrender to maddness for shadow priest. The abillity was hated from it's first itteration to what we have now. People have been begging to remove it and give something cool instead, but we still have it till this day. There was this moment when 2 out of 3 options were just bad, effectively creating 'no choice'' there, instead of trying they decided to not act.

The talent trees need new cool things and you WANT to be like ''ahh I have to choose bwteen these??? i wantthem all'', kind of feeling. Will be hard to pull this off I think.

Yes and with wow it's even more prominent that you just know which build it will be and there is not much room for anything else. Filtering those abillities/passives by either removing them if uninteresting or bake them in in said spec/class if they really need that as a passive, but I feel like removing some and gaining new ones in return feels like a good way to go.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-14 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't see any recent posts about this in my, admittedly, brief search of the forums.
    For those who are no longer playing the game, what would bring you back to the game? What would you like to see in perhaps a new expansion?

For me I would like them to focus on making the classes fun again and do away with the convoluted temporary power systems. I feel like those systems only serve as a weird grind that makes it less desirable to play alts or even other specs.

So I think it would be cool to get 4th specs for the non hero classes and just work on class/spec identities and make them fun to play. Take a look at some balancing. Why have Disc priests and Holy Paladins been so dominant for M+ for so many expansions now? (because they provide both the most dps AND the damage reduction Healing CDs) just as an example. I think 4th specs would also allow for other classes to do roles they normally wouldn't be able to do.
    I know a lot of people are against the 4th spec thing but I think it would be cool.

Secondly, just focus on a system that is fun primarily and design it with the intent that it could stick around as a permanent feature in the game. Torghast had so much potential as an alternate way to play the game. Just turn the powers up to 11, offer more build paths (it really needed like 3 times the amount of powers just to start). I could go on an entire rant about this but I will leave it at that
    If Ion got fired I'd probably login on a low lvl alt to celebrate. But, without the removal of all the covenants soulbinds/conduits/legendaries/shitty stupid trinkets in PvP, and some balancing to classes that have been rampant for over a year, I'll never resub again.

15+ Year Old Account
    less RNG, im sick of running the same dungeon every week since late cata for invincible.... and a few other mounts i've farmed for 5+ years without any luck on several toons also they should have never raised the gold cap since 1 mill was actually reachable for a normal player but 10 mill isnt and the cashflow is much less during both bfa and sl compared to wod and legion.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    289.401 as of 06:49 today.

Source: https://wowtokenprices.com/
    193,888g as of this moment.

I could say the obvious thing out loud, but then I’d rob you of the small victory you’d have figuring it out.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ive never left wow, im not pathetic like almost all of yall who only have negative sht to say about the game