Voters
214. This poll is closed
  • Yes

114 53.27%
  • No

100 46.73%
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm very pro light bullying, it can be something that helps build social bonds with banter
    Increasing moderation is something I'm always weary of, so just let the bullies bully and when it breaches the grief or troll line then maybe consider hitting that report button, but no sooner
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Man there are some really mal-adjusted people in this thread. Telling people they are not doing good and kicking them is not being toxic. But actively harassing them and being a dick? That is toxic and should 100% be punishable. People who think you should be able to do that really need to take a step back and look at why they enjoy doing that so much.
    This is what bad players dont get, they are asking the good player who has turned toxic to just chill its ok, put yourself in there shoes, how about put yourself in the "toxic" players shoes for a second?

if you make a mistake, that you was always going to make, its not just "oh well" and on to find another key, for people who own the key its a backwards step for the best case scenario 1hr PLUS the time wasted just to get back to where they was to begin with, thats the best case scenario, the worst case scenario is a downward spiral of meeting worse and worse players as you drop down the levels to the point where your 24 key is now a 17. now imagine that player is chill, and it happens 4/5 times they have spent all day running that cycle where they get there key up, and someone who from the start wasnt good enough knocks it back down, eventually you crack.

The lower you go the less picky you can be, ive had it happen to me numerous time, i make an AMAZING party in a super high key, we are flattening everything, there is 1 guy who is making consistent small mistakes that arent costing anything but then.... he manages to go the full way and do something retarded, as a healer you can see the bad players instantly, you can see who are using defensives, you can see who is blocking the incoming damage with interupts and stuns. and let me tell you nearly always the guy that rips the key is the guy that is bringing the least in the run. maybe not in output, because that is all bad players care about, but in terms of allowing healer to dps (higher party output) its nearly always the worst player that screws the whole key because all he is doing is looking at meters and he will wander into a pack or something of similar nature.

Players like me do not want to play with players like that. im forced to because of blizzards system, this causes players like me to get frustrated and lash out, when really its not the bad players fault, its blizzards fault for creating this system where everyone is bottlenecked into the same area so the good players cant move due to there party being filled by mainly new players.

Bad players call it toxic, i call it a broken system. where ive submitted to keeping lifebloom and 2 hots the entire run on a dps because the dps is taking more damage than the tank, it wears you down boosting people all the time without them even realising it. end of the run they look at meters "heal why no dps?" because of the 74 globals i had to use on you to keep you alive because your a fucking moron. then im "toxic" even though we timed the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    I can't say I agree. The second you can't call a shitter a shitter you have lost something vital to any game. It is that little extra spice that makes it extra nice.

I don't see how the ingame world filter isn't the perfect solution to toxicity combined with ignore.

All the power IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND!
    You lost something - yes, vital - fuck no. Its that extra spice that makes people annoyed.

I and other people in group don't give a fuck what you think about random andy.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You lost something - yes, vital - fuck no. Its that extra spice that makes people annoyed.

I and other people in group don't give a fuck what you think about random andy.
    We went through what happens with forced niceness back in wrath with the original kick protection. I rather people just grow up. Use ignore and turn on the chat filter if they can't handle other people. I am so drained from fucking middle age adults begging to be infantilized. Grow some fucking self determinism.

Just remove all chat and voice options,problem solved,oh and remove emotes to also and the /e functionality

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    I don't know where people get this from, but you will absolutely not be punished in any way shape or form if you "flame and swear" on random people.
    People don't do it because nobody cares about others until they are a nuisance to you.
    Maybe in america, in a lots of countries its a crime: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insult_(legal)

So yes you will get punished or someone will make a fist contact with your face. Go out and check what happens when you do that on street.

Road rage is a good example of people flaming each other yet in the end absolutely nothing will happen.
    Stop talking about things you have no clue about. Yes it will happen depending on the other person and country.

It's the same thing in WoW. Nobody will talk shit to you just because.
    Shit talking starts when you start being a nuisance. Some people will not mind it, some people will not say anything just leave you, and some people will call you out.
    That's how it is everywhere.
    No, this is how it is where toxicity is blooming, GMs dont give a damng and playing game no longer feels fun, stop justifying toxic cesspools.

I don't where this "right of others begin" bs comes from, but there is literally nothing that I could say that would strip anyone of their legal rights anywhere on the planet.
    Simply saying shit or calling someone a piece of garbage will not magically transport them to my basement dungeon to mine coal illegally. Not that I have one ofc.
    It comes from the law, not your imaginary arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

We went through what happens with forced niceness back in wrath with the original kick protection. I rather people just grow up. Use ignore and turn on the chat filter if they can't handle other people. I am so drained from fucking middle age adults begging to be infantilized. Grow some fucking self determinism.
    This is so terrible argument you never give more than 2 seconds thought.

If you don't start penalizing this kind of behavior you will end up with extremely toxic community that no sane person will want to be a part of.
    Just ignore them 4Head until you run out of ignore slots, which would be approximately 3 months of gameplay if i ever ignored anyone that shittalks anyone else.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

It's already way too stringent

If you don't start penalizing this kind of behavior you will end up with extremely toxic community that no sane person will want to be a part of.
    Just ignore them 4Head until you run out of ignore slots, which would be approximately 3 months of gameplay if i ever ignored anyone that shittalks anyone else.
    It has been 15 years and your doomsday hasn't come to pass. If anything language has gotten increasingly milder as time has gone on. It is time to unclench those pearls. It isn't so scary when you think about it.

The entire reporting system is completely messed up already because it is enough to report someone for no reason and still get them punished.

5+ Year Old Account
    ITT: keyboard warriors defending their God-given right to trashtalk other players because they don't fill the requirements they've set up. In the world of r.io, none the less.

I'd love to see these self-styled "pros" acting that tough and defiant IRL. Chances are that they'd get their face punched left and right 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    Friendly players who are bad are just as much to blame as toxic players, because they are the reason why the toxic player will explode. problem is blizzard has masked it by giving everyone gear and providing retardedly overpowered class balancing so you dont find out whos good and whos bad untill the dungeon begins, by which time its too late to replace and your time has already been wasted.

I have absolutely nothing against someone who wants to learn and is learning, i wouldnt riddicule someone learning in m+5 i would take time to help them, what i cant stand is those same players stepping straight up into +20 for the portals, you dont belong there, the worse you are the more you strain the party.

why is level 17/18/19/ keys COMPLETELY dead? what is the need for them? same as taughast levels 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 what is the need for them? just to allow EVERYONE to complete it including the really bad players so they can feel good too?

Be harsher on toxicity? no, if they want to fix the game they need to put things in place that seperates the good players from the bad by a wider amount.
    Lets face it though, if you want a specific kind of people, you look for that specific kind and don't go with *random* people.
    If they don't have friends in this game that play the way they want them to do, maybe it's because of that very same toxic behaviour and them lashing out all the time, so that they have to rely on *random* people to play with them.
    Last edited by Krayvasion; 2022-01-16 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    ITT: keyboard warriors defending their God-given right to trashtalk other players because they don't fill the requirements they've set up. In the world of r.io, none the less.

I'd love to see these self-styled "pros" acting that tough and defiant IRL. Chances are that they'd get their face punched left and right 24/7.
    I mean they are secure in themselves enough to not wish righteous violence on those who mildly annoy them...

It has been 15 years and your doomsday hasn't come to pass. If anything language has gotten increasingly milder as time has gone on. It is time to unclench those pearls. It isn't so scary when you think about it.
    It literally did, autosilence feature, more tougher policy TOS, people getting banned for smaller things. Shame its too little too late.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

If they don't start ... do you know how long this game has been out?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    With a response like that i'll just take you up on your suggestion and ignore your comments for the foreseeable future then since you're clearly just trolling and stirring up shit.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

The irony of you saying that and then insulting people, and implying violence will occur if someone acts tough and defiant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should have a tougher stance, but I don't think your proposal is remotely feasible or cost-effective enough to be considered.

They need to be willing to actively drive away people behaving poorly in order for the community to change, which means they need to actually get rid of players. I'd estimate it would require getting rid of somewhere between 15-35% of the currently playerbase to push the community behavior towards being better in any meaningful fashion. I don't think there is the corporate will to do that, even if some of the developers think that getting rid of toxic elements of the community is a good thing for the health of the rest of the community.

I have no confidence in their ability to fix this shit considering that many of the in-game systems and reward structures incentivize poor behavior. The fact that their systems are designed in this way suggests that it is a feature rather than a bug (Covenants being a rather obvious example of a core expansion system set up in a way that was obviously going to motivate exclusion).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    LOL you want this game to die like HOTS, keep on whining an complaining about "toxicity" If you enter in LFR (lol) and can't even do 0/5k dps im calling you bad. you enter random bgs as DPS and have trash gear, im calling you bad. go heal or im not bothering helping you. Tired of busting my ass for a win when people who just hit 60 enter a random bg in gear from BFA, they make no effort ot even buy the 230 rings from the A.H do world quest or try and do dungeons forr better gear, they won't even craft.

i don't even know how some of these people make it to 60 and this guy wasn't a boost. They make 0 effort at playing the game, they don't care about the rest of the team, they don't even do the required PVE, they don't do cov dailies, they don't even have renown required to level up their pvp gear, they don't do torghast, they don't do dungeons, they expect YOU to carry them, and if you think im being "toxic" https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...alas/yhessyhcc they only have 9 RENOWN itss been over a week since i saw this person in random BGs they have the minimum amount of pvp gear from the vendor, not a SINGLE piece of conquest gear. This can only mean a few things. They don't know there a vendor for conquest gear, they have killed 25 horde players at level 60 for the conquest gear, they haven't done ANY OF THE PVP DAILIES, and they've lost EVERY SINGLE GAME, since i last saw them on January the 5th.

You then wonder why people say " things to people like this, and you deem them toxic?
    Not sure if this screenshot was the best candidate for the loony-rant about having to carry other people, but you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGoldShooter View Post
    Not sure if this screenshot was the best candidate for the loony-rant about having to carry other people, but you do you.
    As soon as you use the word carry unironically you've pretty much proved 9/10 that you're the toxic one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    As soon as you use the word carry unironically you've pretty much proved 9/10 that you're the toxic one.
    If I'm doing 30-40% more DPS than some random in a dungeon/raid, I'm boosting him.
    You want to call me toxic, go ahead like I care what other people think or say to me online, lol.