Poll: Should WoW invest in a toxicity control team

This poll will close on 2022-01-18 at 02:14 PM

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    Players always set the standards without fail. When blizzard tries to blur it the players fall back on other tools like raider io. Most players in wow are toxic... they don't know how to play or demand you accept their unacceptable level of play for the content they strive to do. It is why lfr to this day is infamous for having dps players dealing below 1k dps.

The wow community has already crushed toxicity we simplify seal it off in low level mythic keys, lfr, and unrated pvp. There is festers rotting in the dark away from the rest of the community.
    Are you listening to yourself?

"community" didn't crush shit. Also it's not "we", do not assume you are the in the "better" part of it.

There are always better players than you, which according to your logic should have "sealed" you in low level M+ keys, lfr and urated pvp, where again, according to your logic, you belong.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Calling someone toxic is no different than calling someone bad. They're both insults. One is directed at your gameplay and the other is at your personality. Calling someone toxic is the only win they feel they can achieve. Its like someone poor calling everyone rich douchebags. Or a weak person calling a buff person a tool. Winners only care about winning and doing whatever it takes to win. Losers just look for any excuse they can find.
    Exactly! And the losers act in a way online that they would never dare act IRL, as they perfectly well know that they would be shunned by even their loser friends if they behaved in such a way IRL...
    Deep inside they are perfectly aware that they are disrespectful, selfish, entitled and cause grief in others, but instead of bettering themselves they throw out insults at those whose in-game experience they make toxic.
    Last edited by T-34; Today at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And who sets the standards? You?
    If it is my group, yes, me. I will make my expectations clear when i pug, and if someone consistently fails to meet that standard, i will give them one ore more PRIVATE warnings, and if it continues, i will politely ask them to leave, but again, privately. Now if its LFR, or a random bg, for example, the standard is set by blizzard - possibly its that you need to be max level, or you need a certain ilvl, and thats it. So long as they play within the rules (not griefing etc) i really dont care what other players do - its not my group, and they have every right to be there.

The above is one situation where toxicity seems to thrive - when you throw a random mix of people together, with vastly different play-style, ability, and often very different motivations. I know more than a few people who only play random bgs when 'under the influence' of the devils lettuce, and play hysterically badly. I am sure someone who went into that BG to get one more win, or to top the meters or whatever competitive mindset they have will be pissed off, however there are multiple systems designed specifically for their preferred mindset, and a random BG is not one of them.

I once watched a tank throw an EPIC tantrum in a timewalking dungeon because the other players didnt have full "TW" sets ie the legos and trinkets and socketed gear from that expansion. He was absolutely livid that people would come to a TW dungeon without min/maxing their toons first. This tantrum lasted for quite a while, before they finally gave up and left the group - without killing a mob. They were replaced by some dude in questing greens, and we knocked the dungeon out without issue. Well, from memory, one death, but no wipes.

Now things get a bit different when some guy queues up for a M+10 (for example) and clearly lacks the knowledge or ability or clarity of mind (im looking at you, marry jane) to effectively contribute to the group - that to me is a different scenario to random groups like TW, LFR, heroic, normals, and random bgs.

EDIT - just one last thing, none of this is new. In the master looter days, it was VERY common, at least on the servers i played on, to see adverts like "LFM XYZ raid - 2k dps or no loot". It was never really a fair system, since tanks and healers kind of got a free pass, but it was the common method for weeding out the less than desirable players.
    Last edited by arkanon; Today at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Size doesn't matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If it is my group, yes, me. I will make my expectations clear when i pug, and if someone consistently fails to meet that standard, i will give them one ore more PRIVATE warnings, and if it continues, i will politely ask them to leave, but again, privately. Now if its LFR, or a random bg, for example, the standard is set by blizzard - possibly its that you need to be max level, or you need a certain ilvl, and thats it. So long as they play within the rules (not griefing etc) i really dont care what other players do - its not my group, and they have every right to be there.
    The part about setting group expectations were explained here:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53550327

The guy i responded to seems to be convinced that there are "good players" and "bad players" (in general sense), also assumed he is the the good part.
    So the rhetoric question was who draws the line between those "two groups".

And yes I am aware that there are players that sign up for groups clearly above their skill but you can replace those people without being a dick.
    AND if you want to be 100% percent sure, you just don't play with random people build a "friends network" to run keys with.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    bad performance is bad performance
    being toxic is being toxic

Imagine calling 95% of playerbase "toxic", holy shit the delusions.

And who sets the standards? You? Blizzard? Maybe we refer to 99% line so anyone who is below top 10 world is bad and automatically toxic?
    that's not how "toxicity" works

anything that can be "bad" or is against your own opinions can be classified as toxic you even used the word bad when referring to a player "bad players" your own standard dictates that you be classified toxic now

they have done this for years in overwatch if you play the wrong class or don't focus on the objective = Toxic = reason for a ban
    why do you think Overwatch died so fast that ideology is moving into WoW GUESS WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN

if you want to stop bullshit like bad players being called toxic you need to stop using this ideology. stop using the word toxic and toxicity point out how worthless and meaningless those words are get rid of them

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    I login to kill shit and I'm really fucking good at it. Nobody is ever toxic to me, because:
    a) they have no merit since I play at a superior level. Even if I do make a mistake, I'm still playing at a higher level so nobody has the right to call out my mistakes while they're the weak link.
    b) they run the risk of me leaving.

Maybe if the crybabies spent less time whining about how mean everyone is to them, and instead used that free time to improve their gameplay they'd find out that the game is a lot less toxic.
    You know this is the kind of guy that can't even do normal mode raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    that's not how "toxicity" works

anything that can be "bad" or is against your own opinions can be classified as toxic you even used the word bad when referring to a player "bad players" your own standard dictates that you be classified toxic now

they have done this for years in overwatch if you play the wrong class or don't focus on the objective = Toxic = reason for a ban
    why do you think Overwatch died so fast that ideology is moving into WoW GUESS WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN

if you want to stop bullshit like bad players being called toxic you need to stop using this ideology. stop using the word toxic and toxicity point out how worthless and meaningless those words are get rid of them
    No idea what you just said but that is incorrect regardless.

If you don't "focus on objective" and just intentionally make the game bad experience for others it has its own term and had that for a very long time:
    griefing

if you just dick around doing weird stuff that can also be:
    trolling

and if you stretch the "toxic" definition a bit, you could say both are a form of being toxic.

Performing lower than your arbitrary standards isn't toxic simply because there is wide variety of player skill in games. Its just as simple as that.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    If me not being a snowflake and not caring what people think of me ONLINE is selfish - sure.
    Then you do what you do because you want to, so you purposely go out of your way to be a dick to people. Either you have anger issues, or enjoy being toxic to people. Which ever it is, you should talk to someone. It’s not good for your mental health to be this bitter.

The Lightbringer
    Yeah because I would just use it to ban people who say/do things I don't like.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.