214. This poll is closed
  • Yes

114 53.27%
  • No

100 46.73%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    If I'm doing 30-40% more DPS than some random in a dungeon/raid, I'm boosting him.
    You want to call me toxic, go ahead like I care what other people think or say to me online, lol.
    Its not about what people think, but how you present yourself. Are you happy knowing that you present yourself in a toxic manner?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Its not about what people think, but how you present yourself. Are you happy knowing that you present yourself in a toxic manner?
    I mean, I honestly don't care how I present myself. Again, If people think I'm toxic - so be it.

I mean, I honestly don't care how I present myself. Again, If people think I'm toxic - so be it.
    So in other words, your attitude is that of a purely selfish nature?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    So in other words, your attitude is that of a purely selfish nature?
    If me not being a snowflake and not caring what people think of me ONLINE is selfish - sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    The irony of you saying that and then insulting people, and implying violence will occur if someone acts tough and defiant.
    If you act tough and defiant IRL, sooner or later someone will make fist contact with your face, try it yourself if you don't want to believe me. It isn't a threat or anything, it's just reality. Again, try those tricks on a workmate, relative or, even better, your boss, and see how it goes.

right click > ignore ????

can you special snowflakes just walk away when someone is mean to you in your world ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    ITT: keyboard warriors defending their God-given right to trashtalk other players because they don't fill the requirements they've set up. In the world of r.io, none the less.

I'd love to see these self-styled "pros" acting that tough and defiant IRL. Chances are that they'd get their face punched left and right 24/7.
    And I'd also love to see all these people here that are proud of not putting in an effort IRL:
    They would be jobless, friendless and wouldn't have a wife.
    This just shows that when you when you can be toxic without any consequence then these lazy, toxic, entitled and wilfully unwilling to respect the time and efforts of others will do anything to make the in-game experience hell for others.

Try be being as wilfully lazy and bad IRL as these people are in-game and I'll laugh at them living in some shit trailer in a trailer park.

It is baffling to see people here being proud and defending of their God-given right to be bad and making other people's experience miserable...

If I'm doing 30-40% more DPS than some random in a dungeon/raid, I'm boosting him.
    You want to call me toxic, go ahead like I care what other people think or say to me online, lol.
    only if your item levels are not too far apart

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    Question is simple--would you like to see a stronger toxicity control team installed within WoW.

Personally after watching DoaG yesterday it's pretty clear Blizzard has a track record of not taking toxicity seriously (I mean...they did hire Alex). But while watching the video it was clear that Blizzard with OW had no intention of trying to make sure players who were harassing others over performance ever saw any type of accountability for their words/speech. Which ultimatley drove OW into the ground it's in now, because without those actual toxicity control measures sponsors were pulling out which started the downward spiral for OW.

As I watched I started thinking to myself the problems that Kaplan faced with OW isn't just an OW issue, this is culture issue at the company. There's no real desire to try and create a welcoming space for everyone inside of their games.

BTW: Here's the link to the video. It's not dude who opines about things, but DoaG only does games that have gone into maintenance mode, or vanished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ZFo8jpDfI
    What is your definition of toxicity? Because that word gets used a lot, but mostly incorrectly. FYI, WoW does have controls. Mute/Block. Report. Etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    It is baffling to see people here being proud and defending of their God-given right to be bad and making other people's experience miserable...
    You are conflating non-toxic with bad. Everything you say can be thus summarily dismissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    And I'd also love to see all these people here that are proud of not putting in an effort IRL:
    They would be jobless, friendless and wouldn't have a wife.
    This just shows that when you when you can be toxic without any consequence then these lazy, toxic, entitled and wilfully unwilling to respect the time and efforts of others will do anything to make the in-game experience hell for others.

Try be being as wilfully lazy and bad IRL as these people are in-game and I'll laugh at them living in some shit trailer in a trailer park.

The only thing that is baffling is expecting literally random people in a fucking game to comfort your arbitrary standards. They aren't toxic, you are.

If you want to set standards, make a guild or a group of friends.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If you act tough and defiant IRL, sooner or later someone will make fist contact with your face, try it yourself if you don't want to believe me. It isn't a threat or anything, it's just reality. Again, try those tricks on a workmate, relative or, even better, your boss, and see how it goes.
    I don't think you have a real grasp on reality, in my experience, no, acting "tough" or "defiant" will not get you slugged.

I cannot point out the irony and hypocrisy by your posts though, like you are being negative, putting people down, implying violence will befall others, openly hostile.... these seem like basic toxic traits. All the while trying? to say that toxicity and calling out poor performance is bad. Like seriously, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    I have never EVER heard of anyone say, "Wow this game is amazing and I'd love to play it but people are too toxic so I'm quitting." Like wtf? Literally nobody does that or thinks like that.
    I literally do this, and think like that. I am not nobody, and I am not alone.

Maybe the reason you don't hear people say stuff like this is because you're part of the problem?
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    The only thing that is baffling is expecting literally random people in a fucking game to comfort your arbitrary standards. They aren't toxic, you are.

If you want to set standards, make a guild or a group of friends.
    Most people do. This toxic group only exists in low level mythic keys and unranked or yolo rated groups. I have no desire to give any power to the types of people who can't handle being told they suck. It seems like they would carve out entire sections of contents to becoming utterly baneful to new players.

They should have done so years ago, when the toxicity levels were way worse. I don't think Blizzard truly cares about toxicity in game...if they did, they would have made way, WAY more of an effort to address it. Which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    Most people do. This toxic group only exists in low level mythic keys and unranked or yolo rated groups. I have no desire to give any power to the types of people who can't handle being told they suck. It seems like they would carve out entire sections of contents to becoming utterly baneful to new players.
    This is another misconception you have any kind of power aside from when you are the leader of a group or guild. My standard is you don't talk shit about other players ever. If you dont like it, you leave the group and make your own. Its as simple as that.

When I was joining someone else group I don't talk shit about people and if it doesn't go as planned i may say stuff about tacts, groups shuffling etc. If that is still not enough I say "isn't going to work" and I leave.

When I make my own raid group I simply kick anyone who shittalks unwanted opinions regardless of their performance. If someone is dying a lot I simply state the obvious and if player will not improve their survivability he will get replaced in most generic speak without swearing or shittalking.

When you do that in any kind of public automated groups you should be simply silenced for 2 weeks and ultimately banned if that doesn't improve.

Discussing tactics and stuff is perfectly fine. Talking shit about others isn't.
    It also isn't toxic stating obvious things like "healer druid died 5 times in a row".
    What is toxic is saying "healer druid sucks, he died 5 times in a row".
    And before you reply, yes, there is a HUGE difference between those two sentences.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    I don't think you have a real grasp on reality, in my experience, no, acting "tough" or "defiant" will not get you slugged.

I cannot point out the irony and hypocrisy by your posts though, like you are being negative, putting people down, implying violence will befall others, openly hostile.... these seem like basic toxic traits. All the while trying? to say that toxicity and calling out poor performance is bad. Like seriously, lol.
    Doesn't feel good to be in the receiving end of toxicity, does it? Pedagogy is a thing

Btw, what @kaminaris said just above.

Blizzard has created an environment that fosters toxicity. There is no system that would fix this issue aside from revamping the gameplay loop they have developed over many years. When games start to age and wane, they increase those manipulative tactics to drain more money from less players causing more toxicity. It won't end, it will get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    LOL you want this game to die like HOTS, keep on whining an complaining about "toxicity" If you enter in LFR (lol) and can't even do 0/5k dps im calling you bad. you enter random bgs as DPS and have trash gear, im calling you bad. go heal or im not bothering helping you. Tired of busting my ass for a win when people who just hit 60 enter a random bg in gear from BFA, they make no effort ot even buy the 230 rings from the A.H do world quest or try and do dungeons forr better gear, they won't even craft.

i don't even know how some of these people make it to 60 and this guy wasn't a boost. They make 0 effort at playing the game, they don't care about the rest of the team, they don't even do the required PVE, they don't do cov dailies, they don't even have renown required to level up their pvp gear, they don't do torghast, they don't do dungeons, they expect YOU to carry them, and if you think im being "toxic" https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...alas/yhessyhcc they only have 9 RENOWN itss been over a week since i saw this person in random BGs they have the minimum amount of pvp gear from the vendor, not a SINGLE piece of conquest gear. This can only mean a few things. They don't know there a vendor for conquest gear, they have killed 25 horde players at level 60 for the conquest gear, they haven't done ANY OF THE PVP DAILIES, and they've lost EVERY SINGLE GAME, since i last saw them on January the 5th.

You then wonder why people say " things to people like this, and you deem them toxic?
    You seem EXTREMELY toxic, and seem to think you are much, MUCH better than you actually are. Big yikes dude, yuuuuge yikes. You keep saying they don't do the "required" things. These things are not required, or they would not be able to enter the BG. What you are ACTUALLY saying is, "I expect everyone to play exactly the same as me, do all the content I do, and have my gear or better". That's not how random bgs work. You want that? You are welcome to form your own rbg team and set the rules - there is literally a fully fleshed out system in game for you, but you don't use it, then complain that people don't play at the standard YOU expect.

Now if those players are actively trying to lose the bg, by afking, or feeding, that can be annoying - but great news! That type of behaviour us against the rules, and if you report them, Blizzard will (should) take action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eternal2u
    No because they would make it a automated system without any nuance so jokes would result in bans.
    ^man knows it, moreover... problem isn't so much in strength of control (and as we know that forceful/unnatural and unexplained imposition causes conflicting protest in human psyche - which means attempts to fight the system, which means even more tightening in return, and so on, and so on - process is endless), but in nature of design (emphasizing with design that "good" choice as most convenient, easy, closely intuitive), it's impossible to completely exclude toxicity, but it's possible to allow people to choose personally how and with whom to communicate (fledged interface for passive/interactive filtering), manually "without excessive imposition" and not excluding possibilities... but as practice shows, all this ends (as well as it's unequivocally stated in the quote) by dictatorial automat-machine, that either shoots every counter person itself, or distributes shotguns to everyone without checking mental state and skills for "active interface interactions".

ps. All this has already been discussed many times (more +/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+/+), but...
    "Who’s guilty here and who is right is not for us to say-
    But anyway the cart is still there today."
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-01-20 at 07:14 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__