Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    My takeaway was that he was able to justify everything the light did, even the horrors. Remember how angry he was when they killed Xe'ra, even though what she was doing was horrendous? I don't think this discounts anything, I see it as reasonable.
    Of course he was angry he just watched his boss die in front of him. One who at first wanted to kill Alleria but was talked out of it by him and Lothraxion. Clearly up until that point he had no reason to doubt the light or that light beings could want different things. Also Velen explains to him a ton of shit that he was never told by Xe'ra like that Naruu can go void.

Why would he justify it? Even in the vision of Stormwind he didn't go light Hitler. He tried saving Alleria. It would be incredibly bad writing to say that even in the worst timeline he stays good and yet decides to go evil after finding out Xe'ra lied to him and kept him in the dark about alot of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Of course he was angry he just watched his boss die in front of him. One who at first wanted to kill Alleria but was talked out of it by him and Lothraxion. Clearly up until that point he had no reason to doubt the light or that light beings could want different things. Also Velen explains to him a ton of shit that he was never told by Xe'ra like that Naruu can go void.

Why would he justify it? Even in the vision of Stormwind he didn't go light Hitler. He tried saving Alleria. It would be incredibly bad writing to say that even in the worst timeline he stays good and yet decides to go evil after finding out Xe'ra lied to him and kept him in the dark about alot of shit.
    I disagree with this take, I don't think him staying on the side of the light is him staying "evil". A common theory is that Turalyon IS going to be a "baddie" in a future expansion (they're setting up for him to take the Alliance away from Anduin and create strife from within the Alliance).

I don't think this is bad writing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    It is an actual word, I don't know why people are acting like it isn't. Yeah Tinker itself works too and fits better than Tinkerer, but Tinkerer can still work.
    No shit it's a real word
    Careful you don't kick over any of your dribble buckets when you get up next mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Tinkerer? Fake AF. Also HUGELY disappointing overall if this is the expansion. I've played for 17 years straight (literally zero interruption at any point), and if the announcement is actually this leak, I will unsubscribe without regret and never play again.

The "leak" that looked the most fun is the one where Black Dragons are a new playable race. THAT leak sounded like fun! Too bad that also means Blizzard probably didn't come up with it and it's fake too.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    "typing."

So, not actually copying and pasting the source.

Yeah, it's fake.
    Exactly! Everbody knows that leaks are only real if they've been copy-pasted from 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    I disagree with this take, I don't think him staying on the side of the light is him staying "evil". A common theory is that Turalyon IS going to be a "baddie" in a future expansion (they're setting up for him to take the Alliance away from Anduin and create strife from within the Alliance).

I don't think this is bad writing at all.
    Of course it it. Him going Light Hitler after seeing the lies of Xe'ra would be bad writing. Him staying with the light is fine, him turning bad is bad writing.

New Class: Tinkerer, Mail class, 2 specs, Ranged DPS with Turrets and other gimmicks. Mechasuit for Tanking.
    one thing is clear so far, the hero classes they have added have matched 100% with their respective available races for one reason or another. when we got to demon hunters we saw that they were only available for elves, which is reasonable, so, It makes me think that if they add tinkers, they will only be available for gnomes and goblins, 2 races that very very few people play, because they simply don't like them, just like the kultiranos, the same failure.
    So, we would have a poor hero class (1 dps spec 1 tank spec) that no one would play for not having to use gnomes and goblins, even fewer people would use it, for not wanting to tank, and, we would be left with a mediocre spec with an ugly race. therefore there is no point in adding tinkers.
    before it would be smarter to add gladiator, warden, necromancer, or ranged dps with bow for DH, these examples would fit much better than a tinker class, which just doesn't make sense, we already have hunters, and that's more than enough. human tinker or a tinker elf? it would just be ridiculous, because the fantasy tinker doesn't fit them in any way, or worse still a tauren tinker? or an orc tinker? but let's see, like a brute orc there with the axes suddenly Is Tinker using high technology? It's just ridiculous, it doesn't make sense.Forget about it. Before I think bards would make more sense after all, and they have the power to fit into quite a few races...

You have to love when a “leak” emerges the second spell strings hint at a direction. Where was this leak a week ago?

Pass

They could afford to keep the lore relevant with demon hunters because they are associated to races that are popular. That does not mean other classes would follow the same approach, especially seeing how everyone and their dead grandma can become monks for some reason. A technology based class would also have a certain relevancy with a few other races, if they go away from the midget fetish version and aim for something like an artificier they could practically be lore relevant for half the races in WoW, as you can easily include races that make constant use of magical constructs. Even if you go strictly for technology based (though in WoW the line is rather blurry), then you'd still have a bit of easily believable variety based on racial exposition with humans and orcs (WoD/Maghar) to extend the racial choices beyond just the midgets.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    one thing is clear so far, the hero classes they have added have matched 100% with their respective available races for one reason or another. when we got to demon hunters we saw that they were only available for elves, which is reasonable, so, It makes me think that if they add tinkers, they will only be available for gnomes and goblins, 2 races that very very few people play, because they simply don't like them, just like the kultiranos, the same failure.
    So, we would have a poor hero class (1 dps spec 1 tank spec) that no one would play for not having to use gnomes and goblins, even fewer people would use it, for not wanting to tank, and, we would be left with a mediocre spec with an ugly race. therefore there is no point in adding tinkers.
    Leaks aside, it is very doubtful that the Tinker would be a 2 spec class. Far more likely for it to be 3 spes with a healing specialization attached. Also this probably wouldn't be a hero class, so it would be available to more than just Goblins and Gnomes. Potentially it could also be available to Nightborne, Draenei, Forsaken, Dwarves, etc. just like the Monk class. In that scenario, it probably wouldn't be called Tinker either. It would more than likely be called something more generalized like Mechanic.

before it would be smarter to add gladiator, warden, necromancer, or ranged dps with bow for DH, these examples would fit much better than a tinker class, which just doesn't make sense, we already have hunters, and that's more than enough.
    Yeah, the Tinker class concept has nothing to do with Hunters. A Hunter is shooting arrows and a musket gun. The Tinker is launching missiles, shooting lasers, and deploying robots. Two completely different archetypes at play. It also wouldn't be smarter to add Gladiators, Wardens, or Necromancers since those three concepts already exist in Warriors, Rogues, and Death Knights, making those inclusions incredibly redundant.

human tinker or a tinker elf? it would just be ridiculous, because the fantasy tinker doesn't fit them in any way..
    What's wrong with a human Tinker?

Looks good to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkerer over a dragon class or race?

Definitely fake as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It also wouldn't be smarter to add Gladiators, Wardens, or Necromancers since those three concepts already exist in Warriors, Rogues, and Death Knights, making those inclusions incredibly redundant.
    You don't have Gladiator stance since WoD and Wardens aren't Rogues.

Very reasonable.

But... a Tinkerer class would destroy Engineering as a profession. If they actually do that... and I don't put it past them... they'll again prove they just can't learn from their mistakes.

motherfuckingtinkersagain.
    god please stop get some help.

1+ Year Old Account
    If you're still here and reading this thread, would it be possible to contact you?

I can be reached on Discord, see profile.

Ps: A concession would be very nice, dear moderator team, please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    WoW absolutely does NOT need more classes. It's chaotic enough as it is since Blizzard is incapable of balance between the existing classes. Also, making loot ONLY craftable would be the worst decision ever. Because all that will happen is casual players never getting loot again unless they sell tokens since players will be putting items up for insane prices on the AH.
    The balance in wow's pve is perfectly fine for 99.9% of people. Literally all specs are represented in m+25 and mythic raid kills on Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The balance in wow's pve is perfectly fine for 99.9% of people. Literally all specs are represented in m+25 and mythic raid kills on Sylvanas.
    This is 100% incorrect. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is 100% incorrect. Nice try though.
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...s/28#boss=2435

What about it is incorrect exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    all these people complaining about Tinkers and yet making one as soon as the class is available
    Ahh nice try but no chance in hell will I touch Tinker, I can't stand midget races, they're creepy.

Oh and I'm saying this as someone who hasnt made a DK/Monk or DH.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Of course it it. Him going Light Hitler after seeing the lies of Xe'ra would be bad writing. Him staying with the light is fine, him turning bad is bad writing.
    In your opinion, maybe it is bad writing. This is entirely subjective, however, and you definitely do not speak for the masses. If Turalyon turns bad it can still be very well written, actually.
    The reality of the situation here is that YOU don't like it and so of course it is bad.