Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I mean, even with best intentions this sounds at best like self-inflicted issue. There are vastly more concerning matters laying underneath if someone compulsively has to partake into these discussions over and over again and through that create this sort of antagonization of the matter. There is simple fix. Say your piece and move on. If you see future threads on it, you don't have to partake. If seeing a thread title causes OCD reaction, seek help. This sort of build up of bent anger over something so relatively insignificant seems absurd at best.

With the sort of faith I have in WoW dev team, they'll manage to neuter everything just fine at this stage, new class or not. Of course it's a valid concern but there can be clear distinctions between the two, the profession can keep offering out of the box elements, convenience, fun things and more like mount crafting etc. while the class itself is about implementation of combat. One does not have to close out another. But as I mentioned, I doubt current team could pull anything off to begin with.

Hard disagree here. If anything the game has far, far too few classes. Class is more than just the mechanics. It's also about a theme. I'd even prefer a case where there are many similiar classes but what carries them is the theme. Adding more of same is sort of silly argument because nearly every class is already identical to begin with these days. 90% of my keybinds across all classes are same, the variance typically comes from timing of RNG element.

Yes. I'd want professions to take forefront on matters. Hell, I'd be so radical I'd remove loot alltogether outside of say, extreme rarities that could be classified as legendaries and bosses only drop reagants for crafters to make the gear while turning near most of it into BoEs.
    WoW absolutely does NOT need more classes. It's chaotic enough as it is since Blizzard is incapable of balance between the existing classes. Also, making loot ONLY craftable would be the worst decision ever. Because all that will happen is casual players never getting loot again unless they sell tokens since players will be putting items up for insane prices on the AH.

Honestly, I hope the Dragon Isles are older and have nothing to do with the Aspects. Some ancient, more primordial strain of dragon. We've moved way beyond the Dragon Aspects, their stories are done - and way smaller scale than what we're doing now.

We've literally met the Titans, who created the beings who created the Dragon Aspects. An aspect-focused expansion really shouldn't happen IMHO.

Hard disagree here. If anything the game has far, far too few classes. Class is more than just the mechanics. It's also about a theme. I'd even prefer a case where there are many similiar classes but what carries them is the theme. Adding more of same is sort of silly argument because nearly every class is already identical to begin with these days. 90% of my keybinds across all classes are same, the variance typically comes from timing of RNG element.
    We have 12 classes where except for 2 of them (dh with 2 and druid with 4) each class has 3 specs.

3*12=36. That's 36 specs and each spec is pretty much its own class. Take away 5 for tank and 6 for healing you're left with 25 dps specs. Each of which need to be balanced. That's already a near impossible task.

Before you go "who cares about balance?" pretty much the vast majority of players of any game. As the quote says "Players will optimise fun out of the game if given the opportunity.". This isn't a wow only thing. Other games with variations that lead to meta have tons of people making guides getting huge view numbers for it.

This is why there is already far too many classes in the game as in reality we have nearly 40 but in the end, even when balance is close a meta is formed and playing out of it is frowned on, a new class is just going to make that worse due to the nature of wow and the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    It is an actual word, I don't know why people are acting like it isn't. Yeah Tinker itself works too and fits better than Tinkerer, but Tinkerer can still work.
    yeah, but the meaning is quite different, per your own link...

I mean, even with best intentions this sounds at best like self-inflicted issue. There are vastly more concerning matters laying underneath if someone compulsively has to partake into these discussions over and over again and through that create this sort of antagonization of the matter. There is simple fix. Say your piece and move on. If you see future threads on it, you don't have to partake. If seeing a thread title causes OCD reaction, seek help. This sort of build up of bent anger over something so relatively insignificant seems absurd at best.
    Hard to do when the author of said threads also comes to other people's class thread and shit on it, arguing that only their class is a likely option.

I was all for a Tinker class before seeing their absolute hell of supporters. It's like trying to appreciate Rick and Morty or Steven Universe after meeting the fandom. And I'm a brony, so I know about hellish fandoms.

The story is bad again so this can be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Really? You look for logic in wow? Nothing makes sense anymore in this game's lore so anything can happen.

- - - Updated - - -
    I don't expect Logica in WoW.
    But if in the false leaks and putting Tinker is a way for people to come to say that it is true.

Really? You look for logic in wow? Nothing makes sense anymore in this game's lore so anything can happen.
    There's no logic in wow lore, but there's logic in wow development and marketing.

If you have a dragon themed expansion, you better release a dragon themed class.

Tinker is an unlikely class, because "Bolts and Cogs" isn't a really good expansion theme, right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    We have 12 classes where except for 2 of them (dh with 2 and druid with 4) each class has 3 specs.

3*12=36. That's 36 specs and each spec is pretty much its own class. Take away 5 for tank and 6 for healing you're left with 25 dps specs. Each of which need to be balanced. That's already a near impossible task.

Before you go "who cares about balance?" pretty much the vast majority of players of any game. As the quote says "Players will optimise fun out of the game if given the opportunity.". This isn't a wow only thing. Other games with variations that lead to meta have tons of people making guides getting huge view numbers for it.

This is why there is already far too many classes in the game as in reality we have nearly 40 but in the end, even when balance is close a meta is formed and playing out of it is frowned on, a new class is just going to make that worse due to the nature of wow and the community.
    Except Blizzard has never stated that they have too many classes, and has never stated that balance concerns would prevent them from making more classes. In fact, if you read the initial interview for Shadowlands, the developers hint that there will be more classes in future as long as the timing and expansion setting fits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    There's no logic in wow lore, but there's logic in wow development and marketing.

If you have a dragon themed expansion, you better release a dragon themed class.

Tinker is an unlikely class, because "Bolts and Cogs" isn't a really good expansion theme, right ?
    No, but Undermine, the underground Goblin continent ruled by the very powerful trade cartels (such as the Venture Company) would make an excellent expansion theme.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Tinker-hatred is partially specific to MMO-C since users-not-to-be-named have been regularly creating threads about it for years. At this point it's more annoying than advocacy. You can learn to despise a lot of otherwise harmless speculation when you've seen half-a-dozen relentless years of it.

As well, many rightly fear what a tinker class would do to the engineering profession. I don't really have a dog in the fight other than I think there are already too many classes and the game doesn't need more. But I'm one of those radicals that believe that Blizzard is being mindfully stupid in not making professions a really interesting, complex, useful, and substantial time sink. It's one of the problems of an old MMO that keeps adding stuff when some things cannot be called back.

P.S. — Everyone should stop what they're writing and see the quoted text in post #30. What the thread is is right there for everyone to see.
    Pretty much this. Tinker fanboys like Teriz/Tariz/Toriz or whatever ruined the concept for themselves by expansion after expansion claiming "it'll be the next expansion!!! Source? Just trust me bro!"

Any leak containing the Tinker I don't take seriously because of this. The constant inane babbling about it, the constant trying to justify other classes being impossible. "We can't have a caster! We have mages and warlocks!" etc.

They can come up with anything and invent anything whenever they want because it's a fantasy.
    And i bet they will find a way to mix bolts and cogs with dragons if needed.
    Last edited by Soimu; 2022-01-15 at 04:44 PM.

They can come up with anything and invent anything whenever they want because it's a fantasy.
    And i bet they will find a way to mix bolts and cogs with dragons if needed.
    Is it the mechadragon mount that makes you think a Tinker class is relevant in a dragon themed expansion ? Because unless the expac is named Return of the CyberDeathwing, I don't see that happen.

This is not just about the story being fantasy. It's about this game being a product.
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2022-01-15 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    So we know it's not true?
    sounds better than the merging of classic and live servers for pvp....

Why the f would anyone share their linkedin to their guild? And how would you know it's correct?

I am not even getting started on the "leak"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the mechadragon mount that makes you think a Tinker class is relevant in a dragon themed expansion ? Because unless the expac is named Return of the CyberDeathwing, I don't see that happen.

This is not just about the story being fantasy. It's about this game being a product.
    Black Dragons are linked to Goblins. A Goblin Tinker for example created the Dragon Soul. Goblin engineers built Death Wings Adamantine armor. Nefarian was also heavily into science and alchemy.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-15 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Black Dragons are linked to Goblins. A Goblin Tinker for example created the Dragon Soul. Goblin engineers built Death Wings Adamantine armor.
    Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here come the cringe-lords with their shitty "leaks"

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't talk to me or my son ever again.
    Don't shoot the messenger! I'm just delivering the lore.

You tried too hard man

If you make the leak about a theme then you have to make sure the class matches the theme

You also can’t say the story is going to go one way when we have the ptr showing it’s not

TW also follows a pattern and the next thing we get isn’t BfA TW it’s going to be MoP raid probably ToT

The part about deathwing and his corruption is already in the game and not new but kudos for some of the obvious stuff

Now what you could have done is been more vague about the prepatch and everything leading up to it like
    New catch up so you can essentially create a new character and not have to farm the extra stuff for weeks
    Final m+ season affix will contrast to recent ones
    Sylvanas and Tyrande story will have an ending explained more in depth via the novel

Come on folks let’s do better

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    this thread is doomed to derail since it contains the word
    I love you

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Dude that fought the burning legion for a thousand years and then witnesses that the light isn't always innocent and good with his own eyes and has a wife who is infused with shadow helps out the Scarlet Crusade..... sure seems legit.
    My takeaway was that he was able to justify everything the light did, even the horrors. Remember how angry he was when they killed Xe'ra, even though what she was doing was horrendous? I don't think this discounts anything, I see it as reasonable.