Burning Crusade Classic 2.5.3 Development Notes, Season 3 PvP Adjustments

Burning Crusade Classic 2.5.3 Development Notes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    • Serpentshrine Caverns and Tempest Keep bosses now drop new and additional items, such as an additional tier token.
    • Magtheridon and Gruul’s Lair now drop an additional tier token.
    • All dungeon bosses now have a chance to drop epic gems in Heroic difficulty.
    • New Darkmoon cards now have a chance to drop.
    • The Consortium vendor now sells: Formula: Enchant Weapon - Major Striking
    • The Honor Hold and Thrallmar vendor now sells: Pattern: Netherscale Ammo Pouch
    • The Lower City vendor now sells: Enchant Ring - Stats and Pattern: Quiver of a Thousand Feathers

Season 3 PvP Adjustments
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Season 3 will begin with the weekly reset the week of January 17.

Looking back at Season 2, we’ve analyzed the queue data and found that some queue times are taking longer than we’d like to see. To address this, in Season 3:

• The range of possible opponents will be expanded. This will help match players of different matchmaking levels more quickly. As before, teams with similar ratings who queue at the same will be prioritized to match against each other.

Additionally, we’re making the following changes:

• Mind Quickening Gem now provides 100 Haste Rating (was 330).
    • Starting with Season 3, the following items won’t be allowed inside Arenas:
      • Nigh-Invulnerability Belt
      • Net-o-Matic Projector
      • Dazzling Longsword
      • Silent Fang
      • Skull of Impending Doom

10+ Year Old Account
    What ever happened to #NoChanges

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    They had their time and now we're moving on. It was a fun experiment but better to fix things. Not like this client is representative of how it was then, so many random combat issues thanks to BFA client.

Only Major Striking and Stats for Ring? What about 20 Agi on Weapon. It is available on PTR
    Last edited by supermany2; 2022-01-13 at 10:58 PM.

Did you actually want #nochanges or are you just trying to beat the dead horse forever because you lack originality?

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me dread wrath. I skipped tbc because I felt it was released too soon after Naxx in classic. I’ve been waiting for WotLK with excitement but if they’re going to be changing things for it too I guess I won’t bother. I’m fine with changes coming later to new servers like classic with the seasons, but they should give us the actual expansions as they were for the first playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    Did you actually want #nochanges or are you just trying to beat the dead horse forever because you lack originality?
    I can't beat a dead horse forever.

Eventually even the bones turn to dust
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

What happened to "no changes" is that Blizzard said from the very start that there would be some changes. That is was impossible to recreate the exact same experience from 14+ years ago.

So knowing that Blizzard never said, "no changes". And knowing that Blizzard has always said, "there will be some changes, but we are trying to be very careful and selective". Knowing all these things...give voice to your reasoning for not liking the changes they are making. Make a compelling case why they shouldn't make whatever changes that they are making that you don't like.

If this is just a "I will never play Classic if there are or were ever any changes", then you are about 3 years too late for that complaint. Classic just isn't for you.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

No change was only in classic. Then in TBC it was changing. Boost was the first change, and then other changes followed. Minor changes but significant enough for me to leave classic for good.

So knowing that Blizzard never said, "no changes".
    I don't know. I think in Blizzcon they were saying that maybe, but I am not sure. But I am 100% sure they promised no classic boosts and here we are.
    Last edited by Menz; 2022-01-14 at 03:46 AM.

Is there an ETA on ZA? I remember that being the patch they made ez catch up gear, probably a good time to jump in lol

Turns out even nostalgia can't make up for a 15 year old, broken, unbalanced game with glaring flaws. Who could have ever guessed???

Quote Originally Posted by Menz View Post
    No change was only in classic. Then in TBC it was changing. Boost was the first change, and then other changes followed. Minor changes but significant enough for me to leave classic for good.

I don't know. I think in Blizzcon they were saying that maybe, but I am not sure. But I am 100% sure they promised no classic boosts and here we are.
    I have super mixed feelings on this, in one hand I would not be playing Classic if there were no boosts available, on the other hand I wish if they were going to allow a boost, they should just sell them, so I don't have to have 2 accounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck does "new" items dropping in SSC/TK mean lol? So they made NEW items..?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    What the fuck does "new" items dropping in SSC/TK mean lol? So they made NEW items..?
    Maybe they finally remembered the Scroll of Maelstrom/Sun. Also they should start to Drop Mark of Illidari anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supermany2 View Post
    Maybe they finally remembered the Scroll of Maelstrom/Sun. Also they should start to Drop Mark of Illidari anyway.
    Ah, that may make sense yeah. I was reading it as they made new level 70 items and they'd drop there, but that makes more sense.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall a buff to the number of tier tokens dropping to actually have happened back in real TBC as well. Raid content is released in a different manner in tbc classic so it’s obviously not exactly the same but it makes sense to me that now would be the time to do the adjustments that in spirit matches what happened around the time of patch 2.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Developers decided to glaringly ignore nochanges people, so those people flocked to pirate servers, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Turns out even nostalgia can't make up for a 15 year old, broken, unbalanced game with glaring flaws. Who could have ever guessed???
    It is actually company greed issue IMO. They wanted to cash more with boosts but ending up pissing classic players.
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Developers decided to glaringly ignore nochanges people, so those people flocked to pirate servers, I guess.

Exactly.