Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gun Enthusiast Escalates, then Loses Road Rage Shoot Out

I'm writing a script for a Four Part Netflix thriller. About a guy that likes to brag about his guns.

Florida State Board of Administration official killed in apparent road-rage shootout

Ep1. Is This a Tragedy?
    The final tweet on his Twitter account, an announcement that he had entered an online raffle for a firearm worth $5,000, was posted on Dec. 9, 2021.

Ep2. HOw did things go so horribly wrong?

Ep3. There were signs of trouble

Ep4. Despite all these court actions, he still held a prestigious job ... he became the Joker

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah owning a gun doesn't magically make other social issues go away, like crime, it is also not a problem solver. It's a tool one that has to be learned and used correctly to kill another human being in the event your life is threatened and there is no other prudent alternative.

Police as we see who are trained and practice and fit this bill fuck up all the time as we understand especially in the news.

I will always support the 2A but at the same time I will always support gun control, and now days it's easier to get a gun than a drivers license.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Kuczwanski was the Republican spokesperson for the Florida State Board of Administration (SBA). Director of Special Projects Dennis Mackee, the man Kuczwanski reported to at the SBA, told the Tallahassee Democrat that while he could not confirm that Kuczwanski was the man killed in the road rage incident, he could speak to his skill at his job. “He was a quiet fellow. Everything in his world was about his family.”

In a tweet, Kuczwanski’s wife reportedly characterized her husband’s death as an “assassination,” though no evidence points to that conclusion. According to multiple Florida news outlets, John Kuczwanski pled no contest to a road rage incident at the exact same intersection back in 2014. According to WCTV:
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ting-at-driver

Just Republicans doing Republican things. "Quiet family man" who then pulls guns on people in traffic and rams their cars.

#Responsiblegunowners..............my ass.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-01-14 at 06:29 AM.

I'm mostly blown away at the Prius driver breaking stereotypes and not just being armed, but willing to use their gun in self defense. IIRC FL has some strong stand your ground laws, so unless all the information gets flipped on its head the Prius driver is in the clear. I get that the wife is in grief but like...lady, your shitty husband was running into a dudes car and he shot at him.

Coal rollers, look out.

Fuck the loser who pulled the gun first and was ramming the Prius. How the fuck you get away with a slap on the wrist for pulling a gun on someone over a road rage incident is beyond me. IMO if you're dumb and dangerous enough to pull a gun during a road rage incident, you don't deserve the privilege of driving at the very least.

Wait. So there was a good guy with a gun who took out the bad guy with gun for once? Damn. That's surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm mostly blown away at the Prius driver breaking stereotypes and not just being armed, but willing to use their gun in self defense. IIRC FL has some strong stand your ground laws, so unless all the information gets flipped on its head the Prius driver is in the clear. I get that the wife is in grief but like...lady, your shitty husband was running into a dudes car and he shot at him.

Coal rollers, look out.

Fuck the loser who pulled the gun first and was ramming the Prius. How the fuck you get away with a slap on the wrist for pulling a gun on someone over a road rage incident is beyond me. IMO if you're dumb and dangerous enough to pull a gun during a road rage incident, you don't deserve the privilege of driving at the very least.
    I know right! On the other end a shitty BMW driver, so that keeps with stereotypes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    In states with more common sense gun laws, a certain number of hours of training are required before being allowed to carry concealed. The reason for the training is exemplified perfectly in this instance, where that lack of training lead to this gun owner's death. There is also a reason that part of that training includes detail on the legal issues around when force can be used. In this case even if the aggressor hadn't been shot and killed, he'd have been arrested and would be facing a huge civil suit. That is also why part of the CCW training is around the strong suggestion for CCW owners to carry a CCW legal insurance policy. We don't allow anyone off the street with no training to fly jet aircraft. And this example along with hundreds of others shows why doing that with CCW is a bad idea. CCW is legal and should be allowed, but carrying around a loaded gun in public is something that has been proven time and time again that people need training for to fully understand the risk and responsibility that goes along with it. This does not mean requiring training simply to buy a gun for home protection or hunting, but for CCW it is absolutely needed.

Yeah all the gun training in the world isn't exactly going to filter out all the hot heads out there. Background checks are useless to unless they happen to have a prior incident that would exclude them from ownership. Mostly, as guns get to be more common, people need to realize that starting any sort of fight could easily led to their own death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Yeah all the gun training in the world isn't exactly going to filter out all the hot heads out there. Background checks are useless to unless they happen to have a prior incident that would exclude them from ownership. Mostly, as guns get to be more common, people need to realize that starting any sort of fight could easily led to their own death.
    And yet countries with far more restrictive gun laws, far fewer guns, and far more stringent purchasing requirements generally have far fewer firearm related incidents.

Funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Wait. So there was a good guy with a gun who took out the bad guy with gun for once? Damn. That's surprising.
    Except I’m sure the idiot who escalated this thing thought he was the “good guy with the gun”

Clearly the yuppy Prius driving hippy was infringing on his rights to merge lanes whenever he wanted, so he was in the right to threaten them into fleeing, right?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-01-14 at 04:33 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    In states with more common sense gun laws, a certain number of hours of training are required before being allowed to carry concealed. The reason for the training is exemplified perfectly in this instance, where that lack of training lead to this gun owner's death. There is also a reason that part of that training includes detail on the legal issues around when force can be used. In this case even if the aggressor hadn't been shot and killed, he'd have been arrested and would be facing a huge civil suit. That is also why part of the CCW training is around the strong suggestion for CCW owners to carry a CCW legal insurance policy. We don't allow anyone off the street with no training to fly jet aircraft. And this example along with hundreds of others shows why doing that with CCW is a bad idea. CCW is legal and should be allowed, but carrying around a loaded gun in public is something that has been proven time and time again that people need training for to fully understand the risk and responsibility that goes along with it. This does not mean requiring training simply to buy a gun for home protection or hunting, but for CCW it is absolutely needed.
    I agree with your entire sentiment, except for the small part where the lack of training led to the gun owner's death (I think his hot-headedness led to his death). However, it seems like training did save the Prius' owners life - good on him for his reaction and courage under fire.

Overall, we need exactly what you're saying above - training before we allow certain permits to be issued for guns. Want a hunting rifle? 2A all the way, grab it and go, blah blah blah. Want to carry around a firearm in public streets and into private businesses? Get in line for training and gun registration and all the bells and whistles.

Hmm... You might be interested, Man, 60, shoots suspected carjacker, 16, in West Mount Airy

Philadelphia has experienced a dramatic surge in carjackings with 757 in 2021 compared to 404 in 2020.

A 60-year-old man shot and wounded an armed teen during a carjacking Thursday night in the city’s West Mount Airy section, police said.

The incident occurred around 7:45 p.m. at Sharpnack and Cherokee Streets, where the 16-year-old boy attempted to take the man’s white Pontiac at gunpoint, police said.

A gun battle ensued and the suspect was shot once in each leg and grazed in the chest. The teen was later apprehended in the area of Germantown Avenue and Slocum Street and taken to Einstein Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition.

The driver, who was not injured, had a license to carry a concealed firearm, police said.

In December, U.S. Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon had her car stolen at gunpoint.

And in recent days, some victims have fought back by shooting their assailants.

Nope two good guys with guns, doing what people do with guns.

It's just after the fact that people on the gun rights side will disavow this guy being a "good guy with a gun".
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I agree with your entire sentiment, except for the small part where the lack of training led to the gun owner's death (I think his hot-headedness led to his death). However, it seems like training did save the Prius' owners life - good on him for his reaction and courage under fire.

Overall, we need exactly what you're saying above - training before we allow certain permits to be issued for guns. Want a hunting rifle? 2A all the way, grab it and go, blah blah blah. Want to carry around a firearm in public streets and into private businesses? Get in line for training and gun registration and all the bells and whistles.
    as someone who actualy took a training class? it was absolutely lack of training, because one of the big BIG parts of training is actualy understanding of the laws and de-escalation. in gun classes, at least decent ones they teach you that you do NOT brandish a gun willy nilly, you do not threaten people with it because they pissed you off. they are the last resort when everything else fails.

training is not just about how to use a tool, its about WHEN to use a tool and when not to.

or in essence, you know those defensive driving lectures you have to take before taking your driving exam? or at least I had to and it was mandatory for me? its kinda like that.

so yeah.. that dude was NOT a good guy with a gun, he was the "this is why we cannot have nice things" guy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    as someone who actualy took a training class? it was absolutely lack of training, because one of the big BIG parts of training is actualy understanding of the laws and de-escalation. in gun classes, at least decent ones they teach you that you do NOT brandish a gun willy nilly, you do not threaten people with it because they pissed you off. they are the last resort when everything else fails.

training is not just about how to use a tool, its about WHEN to use a tool and when not to.

or in essence, you know those defensive driving lectures you have to take before taking your driving exam? or at least I had to and it was mandatory for me? its kinda like that.

so yeah.. that dude was NOT a good guy with a gun, he was the "this is why we cannot have nice things" guy.
    It actually had nothing to do with training, because training doesn't work on people like that - he literally wasn't thinking straight, because no person thinking straight would pull a gun on someone in that situation.

I agree with you that gun classes teach all of what you're saying above and more, but that doesn't mean that the training takes hold in all the people who take it.

Totally agree re that guy. So glad the Prius driver was on the ball and got him (yes, liberals can be happy with violent outcomes too).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

To put it another way, any responsible martial arts class starts with "you never want to get into a fight, and you should de-escalate or walk away if you ever have that chance"; they're teaching you self defense, but also that physical force is a last resort.

And yahoos like this murderous fuckwit who got killed are the equivalent of a jagoff who bought a katana at the mall and think they're hot shit supervigilante material who've "studied the blade" and can take on 30 dudes. They're that level of pathetic idiot. They're just jacking off a sword-penis rather than a gun-penis; it's otherwise the exact same mentality. They have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

And frankly, this is unfair to the crazy weeb types, because a lot less people get stabbed with katanas than get shot by gun fuckers.

10+ Year Old Account
    How nice it must have been to be the Prius driver. The absolute justice boner after the initial shock, police arriving to tell you you're in the right, later discovering the identity of the person you rid the living of was a peddler of violence. What a hero

Good on the prius driver, cleaning up our streets.

Kuczwanski rammed his BMW into the Prius on the driver’s door, and began pushing the car sideways in the parking lot,” according to the account. “Kuczwanski then shot a gun at the white Prius, according to the sources.”
    The Prius driver, who also had a gun, shot and fired back into Kuczwanski’s windshield, striking him, the sources told Florida Politics.

I don't understand where the argument is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    How nice it must have been to be the Prius driver. The absolute justice boner after the initial shock, police arriving to tell you you're in the right, later discovering the identity of the person you rid the living of was a peddler of violence. What a hero
    Dude, don't celebrate one person having to kill another, or deny the trauma of taking a human life. What you're saying here is exactly the kind of stuff the dead guy would've said, right down to the weird-ass sexualization of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Both are pieces of shit, one clearly more than the other, but still.