Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I won't respond further in this thread. The topic has been covered and some of the questions are repeats that have already answers on the first pages you should go to.

I'll close with this rhetorical question: is efficiency and profitability the only factors that shape customer support?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Worst part is even if you manage to navigate the Support section and talk to a GM, they will literally tell you to check wowhead. I think nearly all my tickets in the past have ended in "we cant tell you, check wowhead".
    AFAIK it can happen when people ask about game content (not something the GMs are obliged to resolve, so not a bug or bug-related issue) like: "How do I do this quest?". I find it rather funny, but it's still a more informed answer than saying: "Sorry, we don't answer questions about game content".

Based on the information I'm reading in this post, I wouldn't want to speak with OP either. So it seems the system is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I'll close with this rhetorical question: is efficiency and profitability the only factors that shape customer support?
    Efficiency is super important for ANY customer seeking to resolve his issues, because the more efficient the system is, the shorter is the wait do deal with YOUR problem. I'll give you a simple and recent example: ArenaNet support still deals with problems directly in mails/tickets. After the announcement of the newest expansion many people were trying to get back to the game, and they couldn't, because for some security-related issue, all accounts that have been inactive for a certain period of time, we're blocked. All you had to do to get it back was to write a ticket with some account info, to prove the account is yours. Sounds simple, right? It took them more than two weeks to get to MY ticket, even though the issue could have been resolved in an hour, was the system automated.

So yeah, efficiency is critical for ALL customers seeking to get help, for you too. But by the sound of it, you didn't even try to get help. So here's a rhetorical question: is refraining from using available tools to deal with a problem the best way of solving problems?
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-01-14 at 12:57 PM.

Tbh OPs issue must be so small or stupid if the gms dont want to talk to him.

before I quit, I made a ticket about how iam not happy that the covernant I switched to was nerfed ten minutes later and got a human response in like 12h

If such useless issue like mine gets a human response than what the hell is OPs issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's a pretty common system nowadays, used by many companies beyond Blizzard whose volume of support requests goes beyond staffing capability to easily handle. Simply put, an automated system receives support requests, and in many cases, uses an algorithmic process (commonly called a "bot") to try to answer the most obvious or simple of requests by feeding the user some related information. If that doesn't answer their question, then the support ticket gets put into a queue where a support representative (a human, in this case) will review it and get back to the user who initially submitted the ticket if further information or clarification is needed.

You're not going to get a representative of Blizzard to talk to straight off anymore, because that's not how the support queueing system works. But if your request is important or complex enough, a representative will eventually get ahold of you in-game (or via e-mail, or whatever) to facilitate or talk about your support ticket. The last time I encountered a fairly weird bug in WoW that's exactly what happened for me, and the next day I got a Blizzard rep. that IM'd me in-game to ask some questions about what happened, where I was in-game, etc., etc. I'd say a personal response like that is going to be pretty rare nowadays, as the bots are pretty decent at answering the most common of questions or issues (like being stuck in-game or restoring lost items), so only a small fraction of requests require the need of an actual human rep.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I return to the thread for one final post even though I said I wouldn't, because I actually found out it's still possible.

It's not technically at the WoW section but people report you can put out a general ticket at Account section.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I return to the thread for one final post even though I said I wouldn't, because I actually found out it's still possible.

It's not technically at the WoW section but people report you can put out a general ticket at Account section.
    Yep and when they can’t answer your WoW related question/issue guess where they’ll send you. Then you’ll come back and complain here. It’s like ringing the mobile phone department of a telephone company and wanting to discuss internet.

WoW's team, specifically, is quite poorat dealing with feedback and bug reports in general.

For years their human-based contact has fallen off of a cliff even for legit game issues -- such as being stuck and unable to hearth out or use the "I'm stick" hearth button.

Nearly all their quality rep's have left, this is a known thing.

Basically the only way I've observed to get them to do anything at all is to bait them into a response -- usually with something extreme or being purposefully misrepresenting what they said (or lying) to pull them out of the dark.

They fail hard on so many levels it's an embarrassment.

All that being said... people are stupid. Part of the reason they have very stupid tier 1 supports is because most problems are incredibly stupid and people actively refuse to engage their brain. Having worked similar fields I've had the "I can't hear anything" -- "Are you speakers/headphones on?" -- "They need to be on?" -- this is the kind of stupid people are. This is why when you have an Internet problem, AT&T/Comcast/everyone else has STUPID tier support because "my internet is slow but I don't want to move my wifi router even though it's sitting next to a fence on the other side of the property, this is all your fault" as well as the "you replaced my mouse and now my printer isn't working, this is your fault"

So.. I mean... there isn't a secret handshake you can do to say "No, really, I'm not an idiot and here's what's up".

I've had 80 year olds able to submit tickets with screen shots and a detailed explanation of an error and I've had 25 year olds who couldn't understand what a screen shot is or capable of articulating more than four words per response and basically just brain dead. How they wipe their ass is beyond me.

So I mean WoW's team is falling apart at the seams and have their head in the sand.. but people are dumb so... I understand where each side is coming from here. I don't think WoW is sustainable with this level of poor service but... it's w/e at this point. Not like feedback matters -- just look at the community council and how much just plain gets ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    For years their human-based contact has fallen off of a cliff even for legit game issues -- such as being stuck and unable to hearth out or use the "I'm stick" hearth button.
    WDYM, the "I'm stuck" option in customer serive section works like a charm. It's not a hearth or anything - you need to log out and log in and you will spawn in the nearest eligible GY point. Just last week I've died in Yoggs belly (DoTs...) and got stuck in space and had zero issues using it. Funnily enough, ended up in Durotar, just outside Orgrimmar gates

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    ActiBlizz is too cheap to hire actual human beings and pay them a wage to troubleshoot their games and deal with customers. What can you do?

I suggest creating a thread on the Blizzard Support Forums, while you're still not guaranteed a response, they will definitely read that. One bonus of forums is that you can get others to weigh in if they have the same problem, or if there is a solution, others can later find this thread.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I suggest creating a thread on the Blizzard Support Forums, while you're still not guaranteed a response, they will definitely read that. One bonus of forums is that you can get others to weigh in if they have the same problem, or if there is a solution, others can later find this thread.
    Wont work, OP doesnt want anyone to know his problem as it is to important, so others womt be able to help him / later find the solution in a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    WDYM, the "I'm stuck" option in customer serive section works like a charm. It's not a hearth or anything - you need to log out and log in and you will spawn in the nearest eligible GY point. Just last week I've died in Yoggs belly (DoTs...) and got stuck in space and had zero issues using it. Funnily enough, ended up in Durotar, just outside Orgrimmar gates
    I wish that were the case. For whatever reason -- it would not work for me. After a significant amount of talking to a GM, because they clearly fail to grasp what the word 'bug' means, they logged in and took something like 10 minutes to fix it. Apparently it was a real bug and that was something they simply weren't able to comprehend.

What was stupid was it it was in open world. Not instanced or anything like that. I simply fell through the world wandering around. I wasn't even doing parkour or anything either. It was... weird.

But point being, they were nearly impossible to convince I'd tried everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP are you interested in discussing your perceived "problem" with Blizzard support? Or just arguing with the people who come into your thread that you made to have discussions with?

Because you are becoming insufferable.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so you just wanted to complain about your perception of support being clueless with no real intention to receive answers. Got it.

I don't know who you think you are that your issues are so important that you need to chat with Blizzard directly.

"I found an issue in their system..." Oh yea, how, do you happen to have the source code or what?
    Write a bug report like literally everyone does when they encounter a bug and they will fix it eventually. I dunno what is there to chat about at all.

All these people thinking companies will hire people to manually chat to millions of players in every single language the game available in, my geez.
    Talk about entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Because you are becoming insufferable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    I don't know who you think you are
    I'd suggest you read the rest of the thread before going at people based on a title in a forum.

I found out there is still a way to open a general ticket and we had a civil discussion about it.

They didn't solve the issue but that's fine; it was only for making sure about something.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2022-01-18 at 04:17 PM.

Karen alert... jesus christ dude, calm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest you read the rest of the thread before being angry at people based on a title in a forum.

I found out there is still a way to open a general ticket and we had a civil discussion about it.

They didn't solve the issue but that's fine; it was only for making sure about something.

Read all 3 pages. 4 now. Point stands. Yours does not.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    After a significant amount of talking to a GM, because they clearly fail to grasp what the word 'bug' means, they logged in and took something like 10 minutes to fix it. Apparently it was a real bug and that was something they simply weren't able to comprehend.
    I could totally see how "bug" is a word that loads of players use to describe just about any issue of the game not working in the way they expect, that it becomes such a buzzword to first-level support that they assume everyone using it is just trying to get attention for a trivial issue.

I recently contacted Twitch Support because somehow, others typing my name (not the same as my handle here) in chat flags the comment to be confirmed by the streamer/channel mod. Completely made-up and unique name, not referencing anything, but somehow suspicious to Twitch.
    Twice I got boilerplate replies that showed they didn't read my full ticket (streamer controls what language is allowed etc.) until I elaborated again, upon which I received a "yeah we can't do anything about that, closing the ticket".
    I wouldn't be surprised if this never went beyond first-level.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.