Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Another option, especially if Starmer has to resign shortly over Beergate...

Boris Johnson tipped to call October General Election after by-election blow

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ince-cable-spt

I hope Boris goes that route, clear the leftie crud in the Tory party out once and for all getting a new mandate from the public in the process, while Labour is rudderless and bickering over which faction should now lead their party.
    Go for it. See how well it goes for you and your right wing cabal. The sooner this numpty is voted out, the sooner the grown ups can start fixing the mess that children like you have created. Starting with getting us back into the Single Market.

Then we can start the push for proper PR, and move towards a government that represents the voters, rather than one that represents the people with the deepest pockets. And the Russians.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Another option, especially if Starmer has to resign shortly over Beergate...

Boris Johnson tipped to call October General Election after by-election blow

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ince-cable-spt

I hope Boris goes that route, clear the leftie crud in the Tory party out once and for all getting a new mandate from the public in the process, while Labour is rudderless and bickering over which faction should now lead their party.
    Obviously much would depend on who replaces Starmer, if he does go, if they go for someone like Streeting (although it may well be a little too early to make him leader) then the Tories should be looking over their shoulders, Burnham might play well with northern voters but they would have to find him a safe seat and I'm not sure how well he would go down with southern voters. But quite honestly I don't think any of that matters as the problem for the Cons is not who leads Labour, it's Johnson! Unless Lab go for one of real clown options, like Richard Burgon, Johnson is always going to look worse.

Johnson would be mad to call an election with Tory voters staying home in their thousands and Lab and LD voters voting tactically to oust Tory MPs. I'm not sure if a GE would result in a Lab majority, or even majority for Lab/LD coalition, but I am confident that the Tories would lose and I am sure that the Tories are aware of this meaning they would get rid of him if he attempted to call one - no matter how Vince Cable might like him to!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Go for it. See how well it goes for you and your right wing cabal. The sooner this numpty is voted out, the sooner the grown ups can start fixing the mess that children like you have created. Starting with getting us back into the Single Market.

Then we can start the push for proper PR, and move towards a government that represents the voters, rather than one that represents the people with the deepest pockets. And the Russians.
    I'm not so sure leadership of any nation at the minute is that great. Recovering from the global pandemic, global instability caused by Russia, being UK PM is a bit of a poisoned chalice right now.

If Labour were to win the next general election good luck to them, they will have only one term and can't do too much damage. I'll be honest with you Huey sometimes in my dreams, as perhaps do you, I see Dianne Abbot as our chancellor. Just imagine that lols.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I'm not so sure leadership of any nation at the minute is that great. Recovering from the global pandemic, global instability caused by Russia, being UK PM is a bit of a poisoned chalice right now.

If Labour were to win the next general election good luck to them, they will have only one term and can't do too much damage. I'll be honest with you Huey sometimes in my dreams, as perhaps do you, I see Dianne Abbot as our chancellor. Just imagine that lols.
    We had a secretary of state for exiting the EU that didn't know that significant amounts of trade went through Dover. But racist muppets like you still wet yourself over a black woman getting a number wrong a decade ago.

Weird how your expectations of capability are so much lower for white men, eh?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

People are reading too much into this. The man can do as he pleases. There aren't consequences, not real ones, for people like him. Whatever anger will vanish. There aren't enough people of integrity and courage in his party. So they won't remove him. He will just find ways to pick a fight with Johnny Foreigner and all will be forgiven. He will go into the next election, and win a majority. If he doesn't, it is only because he got bored and walked of his own volition. Enough people, especially in England, look at all he is and are ok with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Boris Johnson 'actively thinking about' third term as PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61939938

That's our Boris, looking to lead the UK into the 2030's. Is it this week or the next Starmer hears from Durham police re Beergate?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Yet another "aged like milk" post from dribbles where the ink is barely dry before he looks like an idiot.

Boris is the walking dead at this point. The only questions left are when, how, and what damage is the buffoon going to do on the way out?

The Times is reporting that more have letters gone in and there is a growing level of impatience within the Tory party with Johnson but perhaps their biggest cause for concern is that 6 MPs are contemplating defecting to Lab.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1540983926134652928

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet another "aged like milk" post from dribbles where the ink is barely dry before he looks like an idiot.

Boris is the walking dead at this point. The only questions left are when, how, and what damage is the buffoon going to do on the way out?
    But you said on 18th Jan 2022 he was gone in post#20. He isn't though is he? Any chance of being more specific?

Considering this topic is almost 6 months old, and Big Dog was doomed imminently way back then supposedly, but is still in place right now I always like to consult the bookies to see what they have to say. After all their punters have real skin, money if you like, in the game. Guess what, 78% say Boris will still be our great leader until 2023 or later. I tend to agree...

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...nson-exit-date

I suppose at some point, like a broken clock is right twice a day, this topic and you will be right and Big Dog will be gone. Prediction of date is a bit woolly if you ask me and more like wishful thinking than realism.

But you said on 18th Jan 2022 he was gone in post#20. He isn't though is he? Any chance of being more specific?

Considering this topic is almost 6 months old, and Big Dog was doomed imminently way back then supposedly, but is still in place right now I always like to consult the bookies to see what they have to say. After all their punters have real skin, money if you like, in the game. Guess what, 78% say Boris will still be our great leader until 2023 or later. I tend to agree...

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...nson-exit-date

I suppose at some point, like a broken clock is right twice a day, this topic and you will be right and Big Dog will be gone. Prediction of date is a bit woolly if you ask me and more like wishful thinking than realism.
    The Tories are chickenshit. Particularly the ministers, who are such a talent vacuum that they must all be fully aware that anyone that gets into power after Boris will get them replaced by people slightly more competent in no time. Virtually the ENTIRE backbench voted against him in the no-confidence vote. Outside of those he pays to support him, he has nothing.

In the meantime, let him stay there. Every day that useless lump of lard is "running" the country is another few thousand people whose votes are lost. Because everyone outside of those living in their own personal reality know he is an untrustworthy, lying, self-serving wastrel. He's losing the red wall to Labour. He's losing the south and south west to the LibDems. Brexit continues to be an abject failure, the economy is being run into the ground and we're looking at a summer of societal unrest as workers try and get the pay rises they deserve. While Boris takes off the cap on bankers bonuses. And looks for someone to pay for a £150k treehouse for his family.

He's a dead man walking. But that's fine; the longer this zombie government flail around like angry toddlers, the more they dig the Tory grave. Maggie must be spinning in hers.

You over estimate the English electorate. Due to the FPTP system, there are enough who look at how he behaves and think "he is the one for me".

He is the manifestation of everything wrong with the UK. Posh snob fails upwards through life, never suffering meaningful consequences, everything just handed to him on a plate. And the working classes fucking love it because he takes pot shots at foreigners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Hot on the heels of last week's allegations that an MP walked in on BJ getting a BJ on the office sofa yet another gift for Labour for has landed in Sir Keir's lap with the revelations that Chris Pincher - the deputy chief whip - got a little tipsy and lived up to his name by groping two men in a private members club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62008197

For time being Johnson is apparently standing by Pincher, no doubt the realisation that by not kicking Pincher out of the party it looks as if the PM is condoning sexual harassment will dawn on the Tory leadership around Monday lunchtime and yet another swift u-turn will be performed.

Potentially this could (and should) be a lot worse for Johnson than partygate.

I beginning to think that this is all deliberate and Johnson is trying to see just how far he can push his luck.

- - - Updated - - -

And once again the cover up starts to unravel.

"PM's spokesman denies Boris Johnson was personally told that Chris Pincher had been in trouble over his conduct before, despite a number of claims that he was - both directly and via aides."

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/stat...33279748939776

- - - Updated - - -

That was quick!

https://twitter.com/AnushkaAsthana/s...01511965089792

I expected them to try and front it out over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Hot on the heels of last week's allegations that an MP walked in on BJ getting a BJ on the office sofa
    lol, BlowJo.

I'm seeing lots of chatter over Twitter from usually pro-Tory voices that Boris cannot go on, I have also seen that rumours that Johnson will try to bring the recess forward to head off a leadership challenge. Obviously much of this needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt but could it finally be the big dog's time?

On another note it is being reported that Durham police have met with the CPS to discuss whether Starmer should be fined.

https://twitter.com/Tony_Diver/statu...12109189763073

We could be looking at both main parties heading into the summer without a leader. Interesting times.

I can see him calling a general election in a last ditch attempt to save himself.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

'Current rebel plan. 1922 slate run on pledge to change rules. Letters sent to Brady concurrently. New 1922 appointed next Wednesday at 4.00. Meet immediately and vote on rule change. As soon as rule change agreed, new contest triggered automatically (because letters already in).'

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status...28118395371520

If true they're not messing around.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add to my previous post regarding Starmer apparently there was an internal meeting at Durham police but the CPS were not involved.

I don't much coming out of the changes to the 1922 committee, current Tories showed that not enough of them have a backbone when they didn't vote him out last time.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I don't much coming out of the changes to the 1922 committee, current Tories showed that not enough of them have a backbone when they didn't vote him out last time.
    Since then they've lost two by-elections to a pincer movement from Labour and the Lib Dems. And we've had the BJ rumours and now the Pincher saga. Which could yet lead to another by-election.

It really doesn't need many more to defect for his position to be untenable, even if he survives the vote; if the numbers either show that he's lost the support of ALL of the back benchers, or worse that at least some of his own front bench have voted against him, then even if he "wins" the vote he's doomed.

He's still going to have to be dragged out kicking and screaming, but his days are clearly numbered. Then it's a question of which of the parade of incompetents gets to replace him. There really is no beginning to the talent on offer.

'Boris Johnson has been touring tea rooms trying to quell Tory anger over handling of Pincher row.

Hearing PM to do TV clip shortly.

No 10 debating whether to batten down hatches or go for full transparency - though some concern this doesn't work if original decision flawed.'

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/stat...47348704169985

This could be interesting... probably won't be... but it could...

Now confirmed that Johnson will do a pooled clip at 6pm.
    Last edited by Pann; 2022-07-05 at 03:57 PM.