Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Whatever they announce it couldn’t possibly be worse than SL!

Surely!

Could it?
    And this is yet another thing we read about every expansion during its time. As soon as the next one launches, "OH LAWDZ, PLEEZE BRING BAK SHADOWLANDSS".

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    So Blizzard's been keeping emerald dream expansion under the "break in case of emergency" glass all these years since vanilla?

Them must be truly desperate then
    If the Jailer does fuck up Azeroth it makes sense for us to do an Emerald Dream expansion to help repair some of the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    If the Jailer does fuck up Azeroth it makes sense for us to do an Emerald Dream expansion to help repair some of the damage.
    Oh I hadn't thought about that. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It has 5 color variants, so they are likely the Dragon Aspects, Green, Red, Blue, Bronze, and Onyx, and you probably get the choose which one you want when you start a new character or level an existing character.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    It has 5 color variants, so they are likely the Dragon Aspects, Green, Red, Blue, Bronze, and Onyx, and you probably get the choose which one you want when you start a new character or level an existing character.
    While it could have color variants there are no indications that it currently does, the 5 textures mentioned in the post are spell effect textures that are also shared with one of the models, likely the mount. These 5 are all emerald colored particles/cloud textures (see my earlier reply).

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragon xpac is all i wanted for years. god damn so nice!!!

This all but confirms a Light Cosmic expansion featuring Tinkers

The OP article has conjecture in it. It does not say they decrypted an 'deluxe edition' mount. It says 'it could be a deluxe edition mount' (I suspect it's not).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Dragon xpac is all i wanted for years. god damn so nice!!!
    The article has conjecture in it. It does not say they figured out next x-pack's features, it says it 'could be' next expac features (because 'it could be' from a deluxe edition (it's possibly not)).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Dragon Isles confirmed, clearly.
    No because the article includes conjecture. It does not say they decrypted next expansion's features, it says "it could be from it" (it's possibly not).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Dragon's expansion pretty much confirmed with those drake mounts ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Kinda yes...this should be labelled as spoiler ..
    No because the article is in part conjecture. It says: "it reminds of deluxe editions"; it might not be; I suspect it's not.

The main reason it's probably not true is that it's probably too early to start developing pre-sale gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    The OP article has conjecture in it. It does not say they decrypted an 'deluxe edition' mount. It says 'it could be a deluxe edition mount' (I suspect it's not).

- - - Updated - - -

The article has conjecture in it. It does not say they figured out next x-pack's features, it says it 'could be' next expac features (because 'it could be' from a deluxe edition (it's possibly not)).

- - - Updated - - -

No because the article includes conjecture. It does not say they decrypted next expansion's features, it says "it could be from it" (it's possibly not).

- - - Updated - - -

No ecause the article is in part conjecture. It says: "it reminds of deluxe editions"; it might not be; I suspect it's not.9

The main reason it's probably not true is that it's probably too early to start developing pre-sale gifts.
    While I agree with you on the first part, you have to wonder why you have suddenly a LOT of " expansion leak " , this kind of news and item updated on the game FOR the 9.1.5 ( not 9.2) etc.

We are in a Blizzard advertisement method for the next expansion hype

10+ Year Old Account
    Like if we were going by the past the new expansion should have been announced in November with a release for this November, so we are well due some form of news.

Though obvious Covid+ Blizzard being scummy may prob set that back a lot

Everyone keeps talking about the Emerald Dream, but I have my doubts. In Legion, we had an entire zone dedicated to the Emerald Dream. Blizzard said they didn't feel there was enough content for them to do an entire expansion around it. But it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard went back on their words. I, for one, am not interested in revisiting the Emerald Dream if it's like Val'sharah. If the expansion is about the Dragon Isles and the Emerald Dream is a small part of it, that would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    why you have suddenly a LOT of " expansion leak " , this kind of news and item updated on the game FOR the 9.1.5 ( not 9.2) etc.

We are in a Blizzard advertisement method for the next expansion hype
    I don't know what you're implying. That MMOC advertises for them?

I think people are bored at hiatuses and come up with theories.

While the article by definition uses conjecture as it's not something that can be proven yet, timing wise, I'd say these things being added in 9.1.5 is very similar to how the preorder stuff for Shadowlands was added pre-announcement in 8.2.5. Both patches are the minor patch before the final major expansion patch that wraps up the story (8.3/9.2).

And with Blizzconline and what was likely the 10.0 announcement having supposed to happen in about a month from now and 9.2 still being on PTR at the moment, putting it in 9.1.5 would definitely have been the safest bet.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    In Legion, we had an entire zone dedicated to the Emerald Dream. Blizzard said they didn't feel there was enough content for them to do an entire expansion around it. But it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard went back on their words. I, for one, am not interested in revisiting the Emerald Dream
    Yes, and even if dragons are fun for a lot of people: it can become excessive; anything can become excessive; the best theme can.

E.g. people may love green fields and the sea; MoP was probably excessive at that; it might be why some liked the darker raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    While it could have color variants there are no indications that it currently does, the 5 textures mentioned in the post are spell effect textures that are also shared with one of the models, likely the mount. These 5 are all emerald colored particles/cloud textures (see my earlier reply).
    Are they 5 different particles effects, or are they 5 copies of the same effect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    While the article by definition uses conjecture as it's not something that can be proven yet, timing wise, I'd say these things being added in 9.1.5 is very similar to how the preorder stuff for Shadowlands was added pre-announcement in 8.2.5. Both patches are the minor patch before the final major expansion patch that wraps up the story (8.3/9.2).

And with Blizzconline and what was likely the 10.0 announcement having supposed to happen in about a month from now and 9.2 still being on PTR at the moment, putting it in 9.1.5 would definitely have been the safest bet.
    Even if that history of 8.x were true (I don't have the data to confirm it), it's not exactly the same now.

I doubt that they want to rush a new expansion now with the harassment scandal still in memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Dragon's expansion pretty much confirmed with those drake mounts ?
    Emerald_BUFF sounds more like Emerald Dream expansion :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Even if that history of 8.x were true (I don't have the data to confirm it), it's not exactly the same now.

I doubt that they want to rush a new expansion now with the harassment scandal still in memory.
    I do have the data, so the Shadowlands stuff being added in 8.2.5 is pretty easily verifiable if you know where to look so shouldn't be dismissed that easily.

As for the lawsuit and everything around that, things were just heating up around the time these assets would have been developed as the 9.1.5 build these assets were first publicly (albeit in encrypted form) shipped in is from August 29th, only little over month after the initial lawsuit was filed so this wouldn't have affected the addition of these as much. Blizzconline was still planned to be happening in February at the time as well. Obviously things aren't exactly the same as they were for Shadowlands, but this method of adding preorder assets in the patch the announcement is likely to be during is still pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Are they 5 different particles effects, or are they 5 copies of the same effect ?
    The 5 textures mentioned are used to render 1 spell effect
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-01-16 at 12:21 PM.

Everyone just needs to remember to not get too excited. An ‘emerald effect’ could be anything. It could be something with the green dragon flight, it could be the emerald dream, it could be something to do with Ysera and Elune/Winter Queen with how much she plays a role in the NF quest line, or it could be something we haven’t encountered yet.
    Speculation is fine, it’s just that I’ve seen some people in this thread getting super hyped about an ‘all but confirmed’ Dragon Isles xpac which may not happen. Don’t want people getting heartbroken that they don’t get what they thought and be super letdown if Blizz announces something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    not get too excited
    That implies an expansion with dragons is definitively great. That's a surface level way to look at art.

Any theme can be great and any theme can be bad; it depends on the implementation.