Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    It's terrible because at the start of a patch you get to choose "Do you want to PvP or PvE", if you pick a 252 M+ item for example you miss out on a pvp piece, that's fine now though when there is no conquest cap but honestly blizzard are really out of touch when it comes to the weekly chest aswell as gearing overall (:

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I'm 100% certain you never raided castle or only lfr...
    Because the loot at launch was just whack... Going two full clears without loot drops(20 bosses) for multiple raid members was anything but fun...
    I am 100% certain that you dont know anything about me. I do know a thing about you though reading this.

    I raid heroic. Well raided. I did CN the whole of 9.0 because that raid was great. Loot was like it was back in TBC. It wasnt whack. It was just less than it was in BfA. Which is a good thing. It just felt more rewarding. And I call bs on that multiple got no loot in several clears. I had guildies say the same thing. I checked the log, and they got loot. It just wasnt an upgrade for them. Because, even if the raid loot was scarce just like raids in TBC, we have the GV, m+ and PvP that all give competive loot. Still too much imo.

    I didn't mind blizz increasing the amount with 1 piece per 20 that they did in 9.0.5. But it was so much better feeling that gear actually matter again.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I am 100% certain that you dont know anything about me. I do know a thing about you though reading this.

    I raid heroic. Well raided. I did CN the whole of 9.0 because that raid was great. Loot was like it was back in TBC. It wasnt whack. It was just less than it was in BfA. Which is a good thing. It just felt more rewarding. And I call bs on that multiple got no loot in several clears. I had guildies say the same thing. I checked the log, and they got loot. It just wasnt an upgrade for them. Because, even if the raid loot was scarce just like raids in TBC, we have the GV, m+ and PvP that all give competive loot. Still too much imo.

    I didn't mind blizz increasing the amount with 1 piece per 20 that they did in 9.0.5. But it was so much better feeling that gear actually matter again.
    did you quit? cus i hope you don't play and don't intend to come back cus CN loot was absolute dogshit.

    please just play classic

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think the vault is fine for raids, but not mythic+.

    A raid takes like 2-3 hours to clear. 10 mythic+ are gonna take you north of 6 hours to get. Also, pugging is a nightmare in mythic+ cause one person leaving means a wasted run. A bad run can take upwards of 40m, etc.
    This clown probably compared Heroic raid with pug M+15.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesePieces View Post
    Basically the first half of the patch they let the raiders gear themselves out and then last half the casual players can catch up. But it's not a half-assed catch up. They can get the exact same ilvl as Savage Raid ilvl.

    The hell are you smoking? Casual can easily get Mythic raid quality gear by just slowly do +15, you don't even have to wait for the next patch for it.

    WOW is like 5 times more casual friendly than FFXIV.
    Last edited by Arcreid; Today at 01:00 AM.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    did you quit? cus i hope you don't play and don't intend to come back cus CN loot was absolute dogshit.

    please just play classic
    Never really played classic, cause its dogshit. TBC I just did back when it was current, I dont really go back in time.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post

    The hell are you smoking? Casual can easily get Mythic raid quality gear by just slowly do +15, you don't even have to wait for the next patch for it.

    WOW is like 5 times more casual friendly than FFXIV.
    So tell me how to get ilvl 259 gear/weapons slowly from +15s. Oh, that's right...you can't. So I guess the question is, what the hell are you smoking?

  7. #187
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    The hell are you smoking? Casual can easily get Mythic raid quality gear by just slowly do +15, you don't even have to wait for the next patch for it.
    And that gets them one piece per week of boss 1-8 level gear. Whoopie. The rest is capped at heroic after spending a lot of time grinding valour to upgrade it.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Never really played classic, cause its dogshit. TBC I just did back when it was current, I dont really go back in time.
    You dont go back in time but you want it to be like...it was...back in the time?
    Logic much?

    having 3 pieces per 20man going from 5...was just whack...I dont know a single person except you who actually liked it...
    Even myself, who wanted "loot to matter", hated it just a month+ into the tier...

    - - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    And I call bs on that multiple got no loot in several clears. I had guildies say the same thing. I checked the log, and they got loot. It just wasnt an upgrade for them. Because, even if the raid loot was scarce just like raids in TBC, we have the GV, m+ and PvP that all give competive loot. Still too much imo.

    Also... Getting loot from GV == drops from raid? Not really the same is it? One being 100% guaranteed and one being 3/20 chance... The later being what we're discussing in terms on no loot for 20+ kills.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You dont go back in time but you want it to be like...it was...back in the time?
    Logic much?
    Ah, its gotcha time? Because wanting loot to be like it was in TBC = want it all back, story and systems alike right? Don't talk about logic when you write stuff like this, please. If you want to be smug, at least make an effort.
    having 3 pieces per 20man going from 5...was just whack...I dont know a single person except you who actually liked it...
    Even myself, who wanted "loot to matter", hated it just a month+ into the tier...
    That's how a echo chamber works. How about the rest of the people you don't know who raided CN and didn't quit the game before after the loot change. Thought about that or?

    Also... Getting loot from GV == drops from raid? Not really the same is it? One being 100% guaranteed and one being 3/20 chance... The later being what we're discussing in terms on no loot for 20+ kills.
    That was not the point. The point is that the gear design in SL is that we have The Great Vault as a supplement. So in essence, when you only got like 1 item that one raid, all bosses killed, you got a 100% item from the raid in The Great Vault. So if you only raided, you would get 2 items from the raid that week. Which is enough, especially since you yourself said you wanted loot to matter. Though it doesn't really seem like it.

    One thing isn't excluding the rest.
    Last edited by Doffen; Today at 02:38 AM.
    - Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle… and wonder if we’ll ever get the chance to kill him.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    That's not the point. Doing a normal boss with mythic gear is overpowering it by a lot, but that doesn't change the fact that most people - bar the best ones - "overpower it" too. By less, but they still do. And suddenly you decide overpowering it with TF gear is not fine, but overpowering it with non-TF gear is fine? Why is that? What is the exact margin of overpowering it when it's still fine and when it's not? There's none. Overpowering bosses with ilvl is the nature of this game. If it wasn't, the game would simply scale all the gear to the chosen difficulty (a la Mage Tower). You putting a boundary of "acceptable overpower" here or there is completely arbitrary.
    Disagree completely. You are arguing against things I never said. You know the biggest hole in your argument? People struggling on a normal boss do not run mythic raids. They can't do normal, let alone heroic let alone mythic. If you have a set of gear from normal, a full set, but you still can't kill boss x, gear is NOT the issue, the players are. Either low skill, bad strat, or just terrible execution. Either way, the content is too hard for you. Wait until the next patch and run it then, or, run lfr. Or, shock horror, practice, learn, improve, and defeat the boss.

    To claim it has "always been" that way is amusing, considering the latest raid generally dropped the best gear, and there was only one difficulty, then eventually 2. It was SOO before any big changes happened in this regard.
    Last edited by arkanon; Today at 04:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Size doesn't matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  11. #191
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,528
    the Vault is fine, it's a lot better than the weekly chest. Gives far more options, doesn't solely require you to do M+ and allows you to target pieces of gear by targeting the content you do. Do I wish they would bring the bonus roll back? absolutely. Do I wish we would get adventures for raid loot as we did in WoD and Legion (and maybe BfA I can't remember)? yes. although that last one though goes against the whole "anima is optional" stance of Blizz

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Ah, its gotcha time? Because wanting loot to be like it was in TBC = want it all back, story and systems alike right? Don't talk about logic when you write stuff like this, please. If you want to be smug, at least make an effort.

    That's how a echo chamber works. How about the rest of the people you don't know who raided CN and didn't quit the game before after the loot change. Thought about that or?


    That was not the point. The point is that the gear design in SL is that we have The Great Vault as a supplement. So in essence, when you only got like 1 item that one raid, all bosses killed, you got a 100% item from the raid in The Great Vault. So if you only raided, you would get 2 items from the raid that week. Which is enough, especially since you yourself said you wanted loot to matter. Though it doesn't really seem like it.

    One thing isn't excluding the rest.
    Not at all, it was a honest question since you brought it up how you wanted it to be like TBC again and contradicted yourself.

    Seeing how many people have quit and how vocal everyone been about loot, its just to far fetched to assume thats the general sentiment and a tiny minority, such as yourself, liked it? What's so odd about that conclusion?

    That was the point, you trying to change that means very little?
    But sure, we can go there. Do you remember badges? Valor? etc? Same same but different.
    Back to the actual point though, the loot drop rate was whack and blizzard agreed and changed it. Anything more you want to try and derail?

  13. #193
    Yes, I am.

    /10chars
    Harbinger of Chaos is coming back on May 6 2022//

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And worst part of it, it creates huge gaps between unlucky and lucky players at the start of patch.
    How is getting a great piece from the vault ANY different from getting a great weapon drop from a boss the first week in terms of "creating huge gaps between unlucky and lucky players?"
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  15. #195
    This is going to sound backwards, but as a (mythic) raider I actually like the weekly chest. I actually despise Mythic+ itself, but as the raid continues to refuse to drop the majority of gear I need (Soulrender still hasn't dropped his shoulders for me or our 3 other platies after almost 3 months) I've actually gotten the majority of my gear from the weekly chest. The easy 3 weekly gear choices from M+ actually enable me to get almost everything I needed, whereas after all this time Mythic Sanctum has still only given me 4 pieces repeatedly (boots/gloves/chest/head).

    Again, absolutely fucking hate M+, but for some dumb reason it's where all of my gear as a raider is coming from so I'm okay with it for now. If they were to reintroduce boss coin rerolls (which, incidentally, are where I got the majority of my gear from in previous expansions, not actual raw boss drops) then I'd probably stop doing M+ to supplement my raid gearing.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    How is getting a great piece from the vault ANY different from getting a great weapon drop from a boss the first week in terms of "creating huge gaps between unlucky and lucky players?"
    When you kill a heroic boss and get a good heroic weapon, thats earned, and absolutely fine. Getting a mythic quality weapon off a normal mode boss, in my opinion, is not. And yes, i realize this isnt a common occurrence, im just using an extreme example to outline the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssria View Post
    I'm the only guy that has a clue as to what's wrong with the game and how it can be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Size doesn't matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Wotlk was the peak and any brand rarely ever reach or suprass their peak.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    We went from a system where you could continuously run M+ dungeons for chance at great loot due to Titanforging and M+ loot being competitive to raid loot, to the current system that we have, where running M+ solely exists to add another slot to your Great Vault for increased loot choice quality.
    Correct, it is back to raid or die. https://raider.io/characters/eu/twis...on=season-sl-2

    Top M+ tank in the world has 7 ilvl 259 pieces which are only obtainable from CE Mythic raiding.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    How is getting a great piece from the vault ANY different from getting a great weapon drop from a boss the first week in terms of "creating huge gaps between unlucky and lucky players?"
    Because it awards item level above the content you do. Its absolutely trash design.

    Not sure if pvp is still a thing but at the beginning of shitlands, people did quick pvp straight to max ilvl weapon first week while you got a fucking bracers.

    And the addition to that, weekly bingo lottery (because its not GV, i refuse to call that shit anything "great") is one of the reason why loot is scarce.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

    NextUI for XIV


  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Disagree completely. You are arguing against things I never said. You know the biggest hole in your argument? People struggling on a normal boss do not run mythic raids. They can't do normal, let alone heroic let alone mythic. If you have a set of gear from normal, a full set, but you still can't kill boss x, gear is NOT the issue, the players are. Either low skill, bad strat, or just terrible execution. Either way, the content is too hard for you. Wait until the next patch and run it then, or, run lfr. Or, shock horror, practice, learn, improve, and defeat the boss. To claim it has "always been" that way is amusing, considering the latest raid generally dropped the best gear, and there was only one difficulty, then eventually 2. It was SOO before any big changes happened in this regard.
    Funny how you put "always been" in a quote - two words I didn't use in my post. I've only said it's the nature of the game we're playing, and I'm making no judgments whether it's good or bad or when has it started. I'm only pointing out the obvious hole in your argument about TF being bad, because it's used to "overpower bosses". People overpower bosses all the time: with m+ gear, hell, even with world content gear. Or take a good look at classic and world buffs - how's that not overpowering it? But suddenly you decide to draw the boundary at TF. It's arbitrary, and that's a fact. If you want to play a game with no overpowering, go play something that doesn't have character progression as one of its main features - I don't know, "Cuphead" or something.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesePieces View Post
    Correct, it is back to raid or die. https://raider.io/characters/eu/twis...on=season-sl-2

    Top M+ tank in the world has 7 ilvl 259 pieces which are only obtainable from CE Mythic raiding.
    Yeah, people complaining about M+ giving too much gear are just in denial. To truly excel at M+ you also need to actively raid at the highest level, which is bullshit. It is *only* saved by 15s being comparatively easier than mythic raiding, but once you can do 15s there are no more options for gearing in M+.

    I really do think they need to separate raid gear and M+ gear better. The best gear for a major endgame activity should come from that activity, and not another aspect entirely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •