Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The ending of Attack on titan and the mc's braindead plan

It simply blew my mind how an author can write a near perfect story for so long only to faceplant completly at the end....and as we all know...the ending is paramount

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Harrison always had a conscience.

His friend was a bad guy. Harrison did set up the situation...but the other kid had been planning on attacking the other kids. Harrison justified his attack on him the same way he justified helping Dex kill Kurt and their plans to continuing to kill other people...to save innocent lives. It's Dexter's killing of Logan that turns Harrison against him... because Logan was innocent. Harrison figures out right there that Dexter doesn't do what he does to save people. Dexter honestly couldn't give a shit about his victims victims. The Code just gave him his targets and his ritual. Serial Killers do love their rituals.

All that being said, I did find the ending to be disappointing. It all felt rushed. Too much left unresolved.
    In the finale I was expecting him to ditch his son, why would he want to implicate his son after what he did to an innocent person? Felt completely out of place and made the ending even less sensical

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Harrison always had a conscience.

His friend was a bad guy. Harrison did set up the situation...but the other kid had been planning on attacking the other kids. Harrison justified his attack on him the same way he justified helping Dex kill Kurt and their plans to continuing to kill other people...to save innocent lives. It's Dexter's killing of Logan that turns Harrison against him... because Logan was innocent. Harrison figures out right there that Dexter doesn't do what he does to save people. Dexter honestly couldn't give a shit about his victims victims. The Code just gave him his targets and his ritual. Serial Killers do love their rituals.

All that being said, I did find the ending to be disappointing. It all felt rushed. Too much left unresolved.
    I don't know. I mean, it is [I]heavily implied[/I] that Ethan may have gone on to be a school shooter, but Ethan himself never actually says that that is his plan. He just shows Harrison his drawings and that could just as well be an expression of a deeply hurt and massively bullied kid. I guess you could say Harrison was trying to be proactive in preventing that in the first place but I think there's also an argument to be made that he did it because he saw an opportunity to feed his own Dark Passenger and get away with it.

I do agree though, I feel like this needed a few more episodes at least.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I don't know. I mean, it is [I]heavily implied[/I] that Ethan may have gone on to be a school shooter, but Ethan himself never actually says that that is his plan. He just shows Harrison his drawings and that could just as well be an expression of a deeply hurt and massively bullied kid. I guess you could say Harrison was trying to be proactive in preventing that in the first place but I think there's also an argument to be made that he did it because he saw an opportunity to feed his own Dark Passenger and get away with it.
    It's true, Ethan never specifically says, on camera, that he's planning on doing it...and I think they keep it murky like that on purpose...to feed into the idea that Harrison is just like Dexter. But in the later episodes...Harrison is clearly articulating that he thinks murdering these people is ok... because it saves other people in the future. Dexter killing Logan changes all that for him...because killing Logan didn't save any innocents. It was just murder.

But it is kept vague...so we'll probably never know for sure one way or the other.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-16 at 06:49 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wheel of Time. It's not an adaptation, instead a masterclass in how to fuck up a decent story and piss of swathes of book nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really doesn't matter who (or what) creates a thread as long as it is a platform for discussion.
    Unless it's a phishing bot...
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Worst offenses have been GoT season 8 and the new SW trilogy.

I am sure the the 2022 LotR series by Amazon is going to be atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicken: Let There Be Drummer. It was nice seeing the returning cast, but it felt like they weren't even trying. Hardy's Chicken was good, but Harrelson's Drummer needed to axe the girlfriend so he could have more time to be fleshed out.

I did enjoy large chunks of Shang-Chicken and the Legend of the Ten Drummers, even if the ending devolved into CGI bukkake.

Resident Drummer: Welcome to Chicken City was another disappointment, even if I didn't expect a whole lot from it.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Manifest.
    I saw some people I respect say this was a decent show and I checked it out. It's total rubbish. Big yikes.

I don’t get this Chicken Drummer phishing thing.

Could someone explain to me?

I’m an anonymous bod on teh interweb and I disclose my favourite fast food is KFC: how, exactly, is the drummer known as chicken going to use this to her advantage?

On topic:

So many disappointments recently.

I’ll start with No Time To Die.

Poorly-written, overly-long, dull, awful music. It had zero saving graces.