Poll: How likely will Dragon Isle be?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How likely is the Dragon Isle being a real expansion?

Almost all leaks seem to hint towards the same direction no matter what the leak is about, Dragon Isle.
    Each in their own flavour. How big are the chances that the Dragon Isle is gonna become a real thing or are we seeing just a mass fanmade hype and people creating more around it?

What do you think at this point with each new leak pointing at almost the same direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is very likely.

It is an old chapter which has never really been closed nor very developed.. so it makes sense as a start for the new "saga" in World of Warcraft. With the potential of reshaping all of Azeroth and making it relevant content again.

That might not happen until 11.0, but 10.0 could be what starts it. Dragons do make a lot of sense. It is simply about time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is true I wonder if Norzdormu might finally begin his transition into the Infinite Dragon flight leader then.

The only connection we have is that Wrathion's agent mentioned it that one time at some random location. It could get the Nazjatar treatment that it becomes a single zone for a patch despite having enough potential to warrant an entire expansion, not even Nya'lotha got that. To me it makes more sense that something involving the Light where Turalyon, Yrel and the Scarlet Crusade will play a big role and that they become zealots who want to conquer Azeroth. There is also the Void that needs to be dealt with. Maybe they will somewhat combine all these ideas into one expansion but that sounds like another waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have killed a Titan (Argus)
    We have helped defeating a Titan+ (Sargeras)
    We have defeated a Titan-level boss (Sire Denathrius)
    We will soon (help) defeat a Titan++ (Zovaal)

Going back to killing dragons or even dragon aspect (strength wise), seems to be a colossal waste of our time and power.
    Anything short of Void Lords would be a HUUUUUUGE disappointment.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2022-01-15 at 07:18 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Given how much hype is going on from people, I feel like Blizz is gonna do anything they can to keep things relevant/people interested. The bad rip off of Thanos for Zovaal was kind of ridiculous. He doesn't feel like a bad guy. He feels like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz. Just some dude behind a curtain, and the real bad guy is the Wicked Witch of the West. It was Sylvanas who still gets credit for Teldrassil, it's Sylvanas who still gets credit for all the stuff that's gone on.

Deathwing was the last great 'henchman who was a villain being powered by an all-seeing force' we had. It's about time the dragons were back - it's been over a year since I saw any Mawsworn RPers. I still, to this day, see Twilight Cultists, Dark Rangers and Druids of the Flame. They need to do it right this time and give us a reason to be excited again. I for one would welcome a return to our dragon overlords XD.
    "The politics of Elves are always prone to the Wars of Men."
    Achievements are my Jam! Onward, to 33k!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly today I'd say the frontrunner is still Lifelands. We've tried to piece together a scenario where it's dragon isles but every shop item and even the encrypted Deluxe Edition items are all pointing toward Faerie Dragons and Emerald Drakes.

Hell Dragon Isles right now I'd call about as likely as them pulling a brand new continent out of their ass. We're at the point where Azeroth is all but out of interesting locations at the same time Blizz is saying they want something "grounded" and calling Shadowlands the "end of an arc."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There have been 0 leaks about the next expansion.

If this was Vegas you wouldn't even make money on a bet that said Dragon Isles is next. Thats how guaranteed it is imo.

Now it's pretty much confirmed. As I said before, my convictions about a world revamp shifted when I saw the random draconic line in Zereth Mortis and I was like "ok, there's no way this draconic line doesn't have any meaning"

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Going back to killing dragons or even dragon aspect (strength wise), seems to be a colossal waste of our time and power.
    And that direction was a tremendous mistake. Instead of pursuing this broken narrative, a "reset" is precisely what WoW's story needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    And that direction was a tremendous mistake. Instead of pursuing this broken narrative, a "reset" is precisely what WoW's story needs.
    Mistake or not (personally, I don't think it's a mistake), it cannot be undone.

Once we slay Titan level entities, we can never go back to killing quill boar.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    If it isn't Dragon Isles, it's going to be heavily connected to dragons.

The lore reason for our high power is the use of all these temporary systems (artifact, heart of azeroth, soulbinds) and every time we just deplete these to defeat the big bad. So not only is much of power tied to these systems for gameplay reasons, but also for lore reasons.

So if were to fight dragons again, we wouldn't be too powerful against them without X power (heck even deathwing was only defeat because of some artifact and because the dragon aspects helped us).

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what happened in BfA and Shadowlands though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is: how likely is an expansion that was in the making before/during SL to be filler for the supposed or much wished for revolution that would or not come in 11.0?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like what we need is a way to make the threat on Azeroth match the threats we've faced before then.

So yeah, Dragons won't be the enemy. It'll either be an external cosmic force, or something relating to the World Soul itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The question is: how likely is an expansion that was in the making before/during SL to be filler for the supposed or much wished for revolution that would or not come in 11.0?
    IMO, it doesn't matter.

WoW can't survive a third BFA in a row. If 10.0 doesn't fix it, I don't think there will ever be a "revolution." Just "maintenance."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sounds like what we need is a way to make the threat on Azeroth match the threats we've faced before then.

So yeah, Dragons won't be the enemy. It'll either be an external cosmic force, or something relating to the World Soul itself.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, it doesn't matter.

WoW can't survive a third BFA in a row. If 10.0 doesn't fix it, I don't think there will ever be a "revolution." Just "maintenance.
    "
    Who told you that? It is still in a better then state then most of the MMORPGS out there if not all.
    Ofcourse it wont do good for their playerbase, but survival? Easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Now it's pretty much confirmed. As I said before, my convictions about a world revamp shifted when I saw the random draconic line in Zereth Mortis and I was like "ok, there's no way this draconic line doesn't have any meaning"
    What do you mean exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account

What about quillboar titans....?

IMO, it doesn't matter.

WoW can't survive a third BFA in a row. If 10.0 doesn't fix it, I don't think there will ever be a "revolution." Just "maintenance."
    In the last 4 expansions, the only fluke was Legion. And that came at the cost of about half of WoDs planned content. There's just not going to be another Legion, so to say, it'll be BFAs until the game shuts down. They're already close to decade into milking mode, there won't be any sort of revolution or grand innovations to come.

Sad but I firmly believe it's the case. 10.0 is the last shot I'm personally giving the game. If it's nonsense, the game is gone for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Emerald drake mount guaranteed to be dragon isles
    Honestly today I'd say the frontrunner is still Lifelands. We've tried to piece together a scenario where it's dragon isles but every shop item and even the encrypted Deluxe Edition items are all pointing toward Faerie Dragons and Emerald Drakes.

Hell Dragon Isles right now I'd call about as likely as them pulling a brand new continent out of their ass. We're at the point where Azeroth is all but out of interesting locations at the same time Blizz is saying they want something "grounded" and calling Shadowlands the "end of an arc."
    Steve and Ion have come out to say the next expansion is a return to Azeroth so are you proposing the Lifelands are located on Azeroth?