Poll: How likely will Dragon Isle be?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    In the last 4 expansions, the only fluke was Legion. And that came at the cost of about half of WoDs planned content. There's just not going to be another Legion, so to say, it'll be BFAs until the game shuts down. They're already close to decade into milking mode, there won't be any sort of revolution or grand innovations to come.

Sad but I firmly believe it's the case. 10.0 is the last shot I'm personally giving the game. If it's nonsense, the game is gone for good.
    Again this is pure nonsense on your side. BFA was just a miss, Shadowlands was due unexpected reasons because the start of Shadowlands was very great received.
    Also it is a you opinion, BFA managed to hold nearly 10.000.000 active subscribers near the end (Due SL obviously coming up) what MMORPG would be dead considered those numbers?

For me it is the opposite, i am gonna thinking 10.0 will bring in such a great game just to recover from the hate and all negativity.

Dragon Isle would do good for the game if that is the case. So is a world update and Faction Cross Play (If that would be the case)

Then again we both pulling shit out of a tin air. WoW is still doing heavinly fine and saying we getting same quality content is totally nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We have killed a Titan (Argus)
    We have helped defeating a Titan+ (Sargeras)
    We have defeated a Titan-level boss (Sire Denathrius)
    We will soon (help) defeat a Titan++ (Zovaal)

Going back to killing dragons or even dragon aspect (strength wise), seems to be a colossal waste of our time and power.
    Anything short of Void Lords would be a HUUUUUUGE disappointment.
    everything we have done lore wise has been with the help o borrowed powers
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

It along with emerald dream has been predicted since... i think tbc? So not very likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    What about quillboar titans....?
    That would be a new one..

But for me, I see the progression like this
    - WotLK: Dealt with OG and Zovaal Minion/Lich King
    - Cata: Interim expansion
    - MoP: Dealt with OGs
    - WoD: Interim expansion
    - Legion: Dealt with Pantheon of Order/Sargeras
    - BfA: Interim expansion
    - ShaLa: Dealt with Pantheon of Death/Zovaal
    - v10: Interim expansion
    - v11: Deal with Pantheon of Chaos/Void Lords
    - v12: Interim expansion
    - v13: Deal with First Ones
    - v14:????????
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2022-01-15 at 08:19 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ensorcelled Everwyrm was the mount in the deluxe/epic edition of Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-15 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    everything we have done lore wise has been with the help o borrowed powers
    In part, yes.

However, you need great power to wield great power.
    If it was ONLY borrowed powers, you could have equipped a random kobold with Scythe of Elune and expect the same result.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    As kids love dragon content, it is very likely blizzard will do something like that. In the end WoW is a kids game.
    Yeah, adults love cow people

Maybe Dragon isles is a mobile game.......

Gotta remember, there was huge hype for SL and a lot of "leaks" before it was finally announced. A few of the leaks were correct. Are DI a thing? Sure. Are they gonna base a whole expansion around them? I have my doubts.

It's been very likely for a long time, since it's one of the last major lore pieces we know of that hasn't been visited by the game. It's inevitable, in a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Gotta remember, there was huge hype for SL and a lot of "leaks" before it was finally announced. A few of the leaks were correct. Are DI a thing? Sure. Are they gonna base a whole expansion around them? I have my doubts.
    I'm leaning this way as well. I believe Dragon Isles will be part of the expansion, not the whole of the expansion. I also seriously doubt the expansion itself will be called WoW: The Dragon Isles.

Well if they do a Void expansion they pretty much end WoW .. so they have to beat around the bush with something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We have killed a Titan (Argus)
    We have helped defeating a Titan+ (Sargeras)
    We have defeated a Titan-level boss (Sire Denathrius)
    We will soon (help) defeat a Titan++ (Zovaal)

Going back to killing dragons or even dragon aspect (strength wise), seems to be a colossal waste of our time and power.
    Anything short of Void Lords would be a HUUUUUUGE disappointment.
    U know its blizzard. They can twist it to made em over all Or as i assume after SL there will be new world order. We could plausibly be dropped like 1000y after SL we as characters can just remember SL as OLD legend story. Everything is possible atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm leaning this way as well. I believe Dragon Isles will be part of the expansion, not the whole of the expansion. I also seriously doubt the expansion itself will be called WoW: The Dragon Isles.
    My bet is that it'll be same pattern as Legion. Expansion wasn't called "the Broken Isles", but isles were enough for a continent, and later Argus arrived.

So I'd say Dragon Isles are pretty much the last remaining landmass left unexplored on Azeroth, so since we return there, DI are the new continent no doubt. They are likely located west to Kalimdor\ east to EK.
    But I don't think the dragon theme is the only one. My bet is Light and Shadow, who will both try to seize the power of a Titan. So the "Argus" of 10.3 will be likely realm of Shadow with some Void Lord as expansion boss.

Well, Blizzard have expressed the desire to return to a more grounded story, and nothing is as core to fantasy and dare I say Warcraft as dragons.

The other option likely being a light vs void expansion, I imagine their hint means Dragon Isles is a more likely scenario at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    My bet is that it'll be same pattern as Legion. Expansion wasn't called "the Broken Isles", but isles were enough for a continent, and later Argus arrived.

So I'd say Dragon Isles are pretty much the last remaining landmass left unexplored on Azeroth, so since we return there, DI are the new continent no doubt.
    To be fair, there’s also Undermine (continent) and Tel’Abim (island).

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    To be fair, there’s also Undermine (continent) and Tel’Abim (island).
    Both of them might end up being Dragon Isles. Kezan is a volcano and has been tied to Neltharion, while there’s a slight hint that Tel’Abim is a flying island (flying monkeys for a banana joke) and therefore may be tied to the dragons.

Would totally expect both of them in a Dragon expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Who told you that? It is still in a better then state then most of the MMORPGS out there if not all.
    Ofcourse it wont do good for their playerbase, but survival? Easily.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean exactly?
    I mean there is no way Blizzard would add a random draconic line in the middle of the "Creator of all thing about death" zone, where all the languages spoke were connected to a major cosmic force (demonic, titanide, oldgold etc) if it didn't had its importance. If Blizzard really wanted to use primordial languages, they could have used kalimag which is the elemental language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is very likely.

It is an old chapter which has never really been closed nor very developed.. so it makes sense as a start for the new "saga" in World of Warcraft. With the potential of reshaping all of Azeroth and making it relevant content again.

That might not happen until 11.0, but 10.0 could be what starts it. Dragons do make a lot of sense. It is simply about time.
    I really think Blizzard will take a chill pill with "sagas".

If it is Dragon expansion with infinites and such, they will probably want to wrap it in one expansion instead of turning it into another 6 years of nonsense.

And yeah, I voted no clue, but there does seem to be strong vibe there in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    Such as?

The leak where Sylvanas takes Stormwind and it becomes a raid? That leak?
    The leak where Stormwind Harbour is attacked by ghost ships and we all die and go to the Shadowlands? That leak?

Or maybe it was the leaks that literally threw as much shit as possible to see how much could stick, most of which was related to stuff that we either knew was going to happen or stuff so obvious that there was basically no other choice.

The same "leaks" will happen again involving one or more of the following:

Dragon Isles
    Dragonsworn Class
    Tinker Class
    South Sea Isles inc Plunder Bay
    World Rebuild
    Cross Faction
    X,Y,Z as playable race
    Void Lords
    Ogre Continent on Draenor
    Silithus Sword 'fix'
    Meet Azeroth Titan

It's interesting how with all these "super accurate leaks" everyone conveniently forgets all the shit that was just completely wrong.
    Speciation Is Gradual