Poll: How likely will Dragon Isle be?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We have killed a Titan (Argus)
    We have helped defeating a Titan+ (Sargeras)
    We have defeated a Titan-level boss (Sire Denathrius)
    We will soon (help) defeat a Titan++ (Zovaal)

Going back to killing dragons or even dragon aspect (strength wise), seems to be a colossal waste of our time and power.
    Anything short of Void Lords would be a HUUUUUUGE disappointment.
    Agree. Dragons expansion would be the most boring bait that we could ever get after what we just achieved in Argus and Shadowlands. I don't mind few dragons here and there but Dragon expansion, no that's too much. I want something that I haven't seen before. Not to mention we have this huge plot hole with sword in Silithus. I want this to get resolved as soon as possible.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's the matter with dragons? We literally killed pirates after Argus stuff. We don't have to fight big baddies all the time. Lets just chill before a Light vs Void expansion comes out
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Mistake or not (personally, I don't think it's a mistake), it cannot be undone.

Once we slay Titan level entities, we can never go back to killing quill boar.
    threats are still threats no matter the level,once you cured cancer do you never plan on even trying to cure the common cold?

also we fight titans in legion,we fight old gods in bfa...but...u know what else we fight\???random drunk dudes and evil furry men

also its not like dragons will be the main villains,just like faction war wasnt the main deal in bfa,unless they revive galakrond
    Last edited by deenman; 2022-01-15 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    In the last 4 expansions, the only fluke was Legion. And that came at the cost of about half of WoDs planned content. There's just not going to be another Legion, so to say, it'll be BFAs until the game shuts down. They're already close to decade into milking mode, there won't be any sort of revolution or grand innovations to come.

Sad but I firmly believe it's the case. 10.0 is the last shot I'm personally giving the game. If it's nonsense, the game is gone for good.
    SL is kind of WoD 2 though. It's being cut short at a .2 patch just like WoD. Seems like all that extra time would be going into the next expac, so we might just have another Legion incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The question is: how likely is an expansion that was in the making before/during SL to be filler for the supposed or much wished for revolution that would or not come in 11.0?
    Because it turned out SL to be the filler so probably there are reversing 10.0 into a proper expac since 9.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Agree. Dragons expansion would be the most boring bait that we could ever get after what we just achieved in Argus and Shadowlands. I don't mind few dragons here and there but Dragon expansion, no that's too much. I want something that I haven't seen before. Not to mention we have this huge plot hole with sword in Silithus. I want this to get resolved as soon as possible.
    Yeah because the sci fi stuff fighting robots in hell is insane lore and not boring enough to alienate playerbase into other games

ah wait

Honestly there's not too many lore threads still dangling where it comes to big threats. Might as well go for this one.

Honestly for me the only likely options for bringing it back to Azeroth right now, which is clearly the intention, is the Dragon Isles, or a full reforge of the classic world. I'm honestly up for either or both of that.

This is just the fanfiction writers coming together to push their wishlist in the form of "leaks".

We have killed a Titan (Argus)
    We have helped defeating a Titan+ (Sargeras)
    We have defeated a Titan-level boss (Sire Denathrius)
    We will soon (help) defeat a Titan++ (Zovaal)

Going back to killing dragons or even dragon aspect (strength wise), seems to be a colossal waste of our time and power.
    Anything short of Void Lords would be a HUUUUUUGE disappointment.
    I agree with the first bit. It just seems too... Pedestrian? For what they have made our heroes do.

I wouldnt be super disappointed by it because I find all this cosmic stuff rather droll and would love to get into some old school dragon bashing, I just dont think it fits in any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    BFA managed to hold nearly 10.000.000 active subscribers near the end (Due SL obviously coming up) what MMORPG would be dead considered those numbers?
    Be my guest and PROVE that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Almost all leaks seem to hint towards the same direction no matter what the leak is about, Dragon Isle.
    That's if you believe that any of the stuff posted as leaks are actual leaks. I do not believe that any of them are and herd mentality is taking over among those who are posting 'leaks.'

It's all bad in any case: Either everyone gets hyped up for something like this and Blizzard does something completely different disappointing people who really had no reason to believe that this was the direction they would go or they do this and everyone thinks the leaks are better ideas. In any case, we'll just have to wait and see.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think it's both 1) and 2) in that I think it's fan made but still plausible. That is to say if it does turn out to be Dragon Isles, what we've seen hasn't been leaks but educated guessing.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

It's possible, some definitely seem to be on the fan fiction side.

How's that for a definite answer! lol.

That's not a plot hole. Its an abandoned plot point.

And honestly, what exactly can we do about it? It is a world-sized sword jammed into the planet. It is a bit out of our range, scale wise. We pull it out and what, lay it down across the entire length of Kalimdor? Try to yeet it into space? Turn it into a new landmass?

Anyway I expect the expansion to not be Dragon Isles, but something people won't expect.

At the end of BFA, we get the help of dragons to heal Azeroth. They might as well be the key to solve this problem.

We go back to slapping around pretty trivial mobs at the start of every expansion, i don't really see the problem with a power reset, we can't keep up the villain power creep forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

And honestly, what exactly can we do about it? It is a world-sized sword jammed into the planet. It is a bit out of our range, scale wise. We pull it out and what, lay it down across the entire length of Kalimdor? Try to yeet it into space? Turn it into a new landmass?

Anyway I expect the expansion to not be Dragon Isles, but something people won't expect.
    You got it! We'll call Captain Kirk on the Vindicaar, have Scotty beam us up, then divert some warp power to the tractor beam, and slowly pull it into space. We, the herochampiongeneralcommandermawwalkers? We have to man the guns on Vindicaar, to fend off the attacking kling...I mean left over legion ships attempting to stop the extraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account

But that's the way it's always been.

Slay an old god in Ahn'Qiraj, then you're back to knocking over boars and digging through felhound poop in outland.

Send Kil'Jaeden back to the twisting nether, and next thing you know you're scrapping with gnolls and collecting poacher ears in northrend.

Take down the Lich King and the biggest and baddest of the scourge then you're picking up fleeing squirrels and killing harpies back on azeroth again.

and so on and so forth.

That's just the way WoW works. Frankly, the story needs to move back to a more grounded area with characters we know and care about and a sort of world (and story) that's palpable and not opaquely obtuse like shadowlands largely has been.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    At the end of BFA, we get the help of dragons to heal Azeroth. They might as well be the key to solve this problem.
    I am not so sure if Dragons can do that. I mean it would be great, but I hope the Naaru will do it. They seem to have this kind of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

Yeah, we need some help from outside. I hope we will have an expansion that wasn’t explored before. We had Dragons in Cataclysm.

Maybe their story will be more belivable when no Titan+ level stuff is the main plot. Dragon Isles could be that, its back on Azeroth and smaller in scope.

Generally they should think about uncoupling systems/classes and story to get more content into the game faster. Do story patches on a regular cadence (every 3-4 month) and seperate tuning/systems patches. 10 hours of quest/dungeon content every 3-4 month sould be easy to do for Blizz. At least they should have a dev team that is adequate for being the "biggest MMO in the world/west a least", even if it looks like the opposite these last 2 years...