Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nah its actually more alive than it was start of SL

the last patch is 7 months old. there's no release date for the next patch. people have moved on to other games.

Can only speak for TBCC but it feels very much alive. I think though Blizzard should almost entirely ditch the concept of realms, and just layer everything together so the world feels more populated.

I know some people prefer to play on more silent realms, but it is an MMORPG after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising with a dev team that only cares about a select group of players.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Why did you create the previous post if your overall opinion is still that of this post? It doesn't merit a post.

To me it seems you fish comments here like influencers do likes on Instagram.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    the last patch is 7 months old. there's no release date for the next patch. people have moved on to other games.
    absolutely. and when 9.2 drops they will come back, sub for a few months and then go again. that has been the way things have been for years

You will get very few people agreeing with you here because the majority are from the new era of wow and know no different. if you want a bustling stormwind, duels outside the city and people meeting in goldshire then when i logged into classic around a year ago it was exactly this, the sense of nostalgia i got was undescribable, its exactly what wow was.

However, this was a year ago, around the time they were implimenting the lfg tool (dont know if they did i quit wow entirely) exactly what in my opinion destroyed the community feeling about the game and brought in all the careless grouping, sure its easier to get the stuff, but you lose exactly what made wow great, what you described here.

Since the creators changed the game completely lost its identity to what made it great, for me the challenge and extra difficulty in older expansions, items harder to get, the fact that you had to travel for 10 minutes to get to a dungeon, while tedious were a fundamental thing in what gave the game a soul, thats all gone, and so has the soul of the game. so has the meetings of people who loved what wow was, because those people arent entertained by an endless sign up join repeat system because it has no soul, its just brainless farming.

What makes it worse is they make the sign up join repeat system brainless, there is no ultimate goal, no sense of luck, if you play you will be max geared in no time because blizzard literally hands everything to you behind timegate/watered down content.

I made a point last year about glaives, the actual legendary item, if current devs were in charge around that era then everyone and his auntie would have glaives after collecting x amount of this and handing in y amount of this so many weeks in a row. meaning it doesnt matter how lucky you are, how good you are to do the top level content, your handed glaives anyway so you can stand with glaives on your back while you pet battle, if everyone meets to duel outside stormwind everyone is stood with glaives on there back, whats to flex?

When something is handed to you for free it doesnt have as much value as if you earn it. when i started in shadowlands i set up so i could play hard full time, really enjoy the game and get stuck into it like i used to, within 3 days i was out of things to do, fully leveled and all m+0 completed. 3 days! following week i think i was 184 full m+0 gear in the 3rd day of reset. twiddled my thumbs for the rest of the week wondering what the hell is this. 3rd week m+ opened i was 205, when pushing began i quickly realised my toon (resto druid) was WAY below meta and i wasnt getting invited to 9/10 parties, even though some of my keys were world 10-world50 rank. one of the best resto druids in the world, ready to prove it, getting declined over players who just started playing but that doesnt matter because there name is written in pink.

To allow bad players to feel good if they want to blizzard implimented a system where if you reroll to a retardedly overpowered class you can get that dilusion that you are good. in the end before i quit the game i began to ask people how long they were playing before i invited them, near ALL of them had only been playing for 2/3 months, yet they were up in 21/22/23. its that lack of experience that was destroying keys over and over, the forgetfulness to interupt or dispel enrage destroying the key in one retarded moment that happens much less with experienced players, the best players in the world make mistakes, make fails, but they do it a lot less, thats what sets the better players apart, not that they never fail, but that they fail less.

Too many new players given items for free playing overpowered toons running round kidding themselves they are good enough for the content they are signing up for.

Players like me who need that sense of achievement leave if they arent getting it, those are the players that will go to flex outside stormwind because thats all it was, flexing, you cant flex now because everything is given everything for nothing. there is no gods in the game now, back when theorycrafting was a thing i was a god and understood my toon deeply, gearsets, haste breakpoints, mellee swing timers, working out how fast a boss transitions and equipping the right gearset so cds allign correctly, now you are given the illusion of choice but really there is no choice, you equip the highest ilvl and press your overpowered big button that casts 16 spells in one go and congratulations, your doing sufficient damage.

I raided in castle narthia with a guild, never played boomie, didnt even have boomie covenents, guild master asked me to go boomie, never played it. 4th on dps. 4th!!!! on dps, having never played it. all those other dps, who full time play dps collecting there gear from heroic ready to run into m+ with 240 ilvl and say "i know what im doing" watching on as they are having conversations in guild about how they are doing this, and doing that, giving the idea they know what they are doing, get outdpsd by a boomie that has never played boomie and doesnt even have the right talents. clueless! oblivious to how bad they are.

Normal and social raiders up in m+20 to get portals, they shouldnt be anywhere near m+20, but they go there, because blizzard has allowed them to mix with good players, leaving good players frustrated and leaving the game because they cant progress while there is 2/5 socials in the party.

The game is in such a horrendous state and its unrecoverable because the devs do not understand what wow was and what made it great, all thats left are the social raiders who get jealous when a player is genuinely good and call them "toxic" when they tell the truth that they suck and shouldnt be in the content they are trying to do.

I actually get myself banned on purpose, i make lobbies to ask for people to report me because i cant play with socials. someone commented before saying "good riddance" yes, do you think i give a tiny sh*t about you being happy im gone? im happy im gone too! i dispise playing with shockingly bad players just as much as shockingly bad players dispise playing with toxic ones. i would rather play with toxic players that know what they are doing than a bunch of friendly noobs that have no clue and the key was dead before it even began because they were never going to dispel the enrage, currently on a 6month ban and IM the one that says GOOD RIDDANCE.

When my ban expires (3months) if i get the wow bug, i will log in, go play a key, watch as 2/3 of the players overlap interupts consistently, dont use defensives, dont use pots and blame everyone else when an interuptable spell kills the key, then i will make that lobby that gets me banned for 12months this time YAY!!!!!!!!!!! no more wow bug, no more filthy casuals ruining my life. it was my game too! your welcome to it, you destroyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    When did you start the game? Because you must understand those who been around for 10+ year see it happening infront their eyes. And yes i am a big WoW fan boy and it hurts me.

Back in vanilla. Stopped when tbc was released only to come back to level my char to max before quitting again, up to Cata. Didn't play Mop, WoD, Legion and came back in 8.3 after experiencing the classic wow nostalgia, why?

This thread is pointless and so are the anecdotal comments in this thread about bleeding subs and game being dead. They're just that, anecdotal and one look at the server list should give you a better picture of the pop than playing on dead servers.

Orgr is still populated on my phase/realm, so is the durotar dueling spot not to mention current content. It's nice to see a huge number of people ouside of dungeons. But I guess subs are "bleeding" because reasons.

Last edited by Kageaki; 2022-01-16 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    Back in vanilla. Stopped when tbc was released only to come back to level my char to max before quitting again, up to Cata. Didn't play Mop, WoD, Legion and came back in 8.3, why?

This thread is pointless and so are the anecdotal comments in this thread about bleeding subs and game being dead. They're just that, anecdotal and one look at the server list should give you a better picture of the pop than playing on dead servers.

Orgr is still populated on my phase/realm, so is the durotar dueling spot not to mention current content. It's nice to see a huge number of people ouside of dungeons. But I guess subs are "bleeding" because reasons.
    If you experienced cata you should know Cata had a much crowded capital city. Not only that you said it yourself you didn't experience MoP/WoD/Legion. Like of course there are still people, that amount of people i got on my realm too.

What i am saying is, usually (Even in content drought) there would be a good 4-5x amount of people u would be seeing now in ANY of these spots you just mentioned.

Like it's not dead far from it. But u can't say that it's the same as it always has been. not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

If you experienced cata you should know Cata had a much crowded capital city. Not only that you said it yourself you didn't experience MoP/WoD/Legion. Like of course there are still people, that amount of people i got on my realm too.

What i am saying is, usually (Even in content drought) there would be a good 4-5x amount of people u would be seeing now in ANY of these spots you just mentioned.

Like it's not dead far from it. But u can't say that it's the same as it always has been. not even close.
    Kind of expected it, but now you're just moving the goalposts. You said "the people that used to hang at some spots are no longer there." and "Dueling infront of capitals are gone due WM." which is false and when someone contradicts you start rambling about "but not as much as in X expansion!!11" as if that's any indication of the game's health. Doesn't afking in the capital city mean that there's nothing worth doing in the game than just afking in one spot? Doesn't sound fun to me and correct me if remember incorrectly, but wasn't the capital cities of Cata orgrimmar and SW? If they were you know what that means. As I said, your experience doesn't match mine and I can still get into group content easily and see players wherever I go, so the game feels very much alive to me. And if I want to afk with other people in durotar dueling spot or Orgr I can still do it.
    Last edited by Kageaki; 2022-01-16 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    Kind of expected it, but now you're just moving the goalposts. You said "the people that used to hang at some spots are no longer there." and "Dueling infront of capitals are gone due WM." which is false and when someone contradicts you start rambling about "but not as much as in X expansion!!11" as if that's any indication of the game's health. Doesn't afking in the capital city mean that there's nothing worth doing in the game than just afking in one spot? Doesn't sound fun to me and correct me if remember incorrectly, but wasn't the capital cities of Cata orgrimmar and SW? If it was you know what that means. As I said, your experience doesn't match mine and I can still get into group content easily and see players wherever I go, so the game feels very much alive to me. And if I want to afk with other people in durotar dueling spot or Orgr I can still do it.
    Even back in MoP, SW/Org was always very crowded. So was gate dueling and Goldshire hanging. Hell uptill SL it was all quite popular.
    Maybe SW/Org lost it's activity over the expansions though, but it still was crowded for sure in Cata/MoP/WoD. Legion idk. Didnt rly play much.

I'll just say that what OP describes has not been my experience. Everywhere I go there are 2-3 other people doing some random WQ that doesn't even count for anything. Cities are full, chat scrolls by at blinding speed, people everywhere doing random stuff.

I don't think WoW is as dead as people are always saying it is.

Even back in MoP, SW/Org was always very crowded. So was gate dueling and Goldshire hanging. Hell uptill SL it was all quite popular.
    Maybe SW/Org lost it's activity over the expansions though, but it still was crowded for sure in Cata/MoP/WoD. Legion idk. Didnt rly play much.
    What can I say, try again in 9.2? Even I stopped playing 4 months into SL launch due to hectic irl matters and lack of content in launch and overtuned m+ which was hell as a tank
    Last edited by Kageaki; 2022-01-16 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronides View Post
    I'll just say that what OP describes has not been my experience. Everywhere I go there are 2-3 other people doing some random WQ that doesn't even count for anything. Cities are full, chat scrolls by at blinding speed, people everywhere doing random stuff.

I don't think WoW is as dead as people are always saying it is.
    May i ask which region/realm? I am jealous on you. Legit am. Also prob horde?

Just logged in on tarren mill,goldshire was odly packed,and there were people dueling outside org

Im amazed there even are people there....why would they?yes....you saw people there back in vanila when that was all there was lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Just logged in on tarren mill,goldshire was odly packed,and there were people dueling outside org

Im amazed there even are people there....why would they?yes....you saw people there back in vanila when that was all there was lol
    Sadly i did not experience Vanilla, i started WOTLK. Since then i experienced it. I do get ur idea and i know WoW gets more spots people can go to each expansion. But still.

May i ask which region/realm? I am jealous on you. Legit am. Also prob horde?
    No, my mains are on Stormrage-US. Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronides View Post
    No, my mains are on Stormrage-US. Alliance.
    You think US is more popular then EU by any chance? Maybe i gotta try to move realms. But for me it is such a different experience then 4 years ago. I see the decline infront my eyes and legit makes me sad. Maybe people just tend to move on atm to other zones or due fact alot of people went horde lately.

You think US is more popular then EU by any chance? Maybe i gotta try to move realms. But for me it is such a different experience then 4 years ago. I see the decline infront my eyes and legit makes me sad. Maybe people just tend to move on atm to other zones or due fact alot of people went horde lately.
    I would suggest finding friends/guild you enjoy playing with more than just a specific realm,my long term guild and i have changed realms 3 times

There used to be a time when you had people dueling infront of capitals (Stormwind, Orgrimmar)
    So you're saying there's less people with nothing better to do.

Why do you think PvP in Tarren Mill/Southshore died out? Because Battlegrounds were introduced.

Unless I'm levelling, I rarely visit Orgrimmar anymore, and even then it's only a stop before heading somewhere else, or turning on Warmode.

If my WoW experience consisted mostly of idling in cities or dueling, I'd have quit years ago.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.