Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 9.1.5 Encrypted Items Update - Mount, Pet, Wearable

Patch 9.1.5 Encrypted Items - Mount, Pet, Wearables
    Patch 9.1.5 added some new files that may be the next expansion's Deluxe Edition rewards.

• The files are all encrypted, but contain a mount, pet, and one or more wearable items.
    • There are one or more transmog items in one set that are encrypted.
    • There are several encrypted references to the in-game shop UI. Shadowlands Deluxe Edition rewards also had several special shop UI elements, much more than just a shop mount or pet.
    • There are copies of 5 textures used in the "9fx_drakemountemerald_buff" spell effect, which may be connected to the encrypted mount. This spell effect was added in Patch 9.2.
    • The mount rewarded by a Deluxe Edition is usually tied in with the expansion theme.
    • One of the encrypted items added in a Patch 9.1.5 build was removed in Patch 9.2 and encrypted with a new key, meaning it may be released separately.
    • One of the models shares 34 animations (emotes, sitting, fishing) with the Vulpera male.
    • Shadowlands Collector's Edition rewards (mount, pet, items) were encrypted with one key and added in Patch 8.2.5, similar to how these are bundled.
    Last edited by chaud; 2022-01-15 at 07:02 PM.

Dragon's expansion pretty much confirmed with those drake mounts ?

Here we go.

I just hope that the next expansion will include a massive old world revamp and not just have a random island, turned continent, about dragons. The game really needs the revamp by this point IMO
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-01-15 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Dragon's expansion pretty much confirmed with those drake mounts ?
    Kinda yes...this should be labelled as spoiler ..

Honestly, while the bundle didn't confirmed the info for me, the random draconic line in Zereth Mortis did it. Why draconic and no kalimag ?

Pretty sure the 5 textures are linked to the different dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Honestly, while the bundle didn't confirmed the info for me, the random draconic line in Zereth Mortis did it. Why draconic and no kalimag ?

Pretty sure the 5 textures are linked to the different dragonflight.
    The 5 textures mentioned are the ones used for the spell effect and are all emerald colored. It's likely whatever model is in there has similar effects to the spell, which looks sort of like this (disclaimer: modelviewer so effect might not be 1:1 as it appears in-game).

Could the model which shares the emotes with Vulpera be a Steward?

Steward AR-Race confirmed! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    Could the model which shares the emotes with Vulpera be a Steward?

Steward AR-Race confirmed! ;-)
    Probably not an AR; but I could imagine we get some steward-like toy from the deluxe edition

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW: Waiting room for 11.0

Either a new race or class or both at this point, since they need a massive selling point this time

- - - Updated - - -

They will either need to add a new race or class or even both to make a selling point. Also, transmog set huh? Imagine if they added it in game

Quote Originally Posted by Dejo93 View Post
    They will either need to add a new race or class or even both to make a selling point. Also, transmog set huh? Imagine if they added it in game
    We had an expansion full of "new races", and blizzard will probably never add a real new starting zone for them. Without a new class the next expansion is a dealbreaker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    We had an expansion full of "new races", and blizzard will probably never add a real new starting zone for them. Without a new class the next expansion is a dealbreaker.
    While it is true that the new races didn't get their own starting zones, don't forget that they did add a new unified starting experience that is IMO better than most starting experiences (bar Pandaren, Worgen and Goblin), however don't know how it would work from that starting point if it was a completely new race.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

There are people that keep track of this sort of thing and have a pretty good track record of guessing announcement timings. Anyone got a guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    *fingers crossed*

here's hoping for a massive - a real massive - old world revamp with the leaked dragon-themed expanison.

i know some blizzard folks are reading these forums.

make it happen boys and girls !
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCheeseMan View Post
    There are people that keep track of this sort of thing and have a pretty good track record of guessing announcement timings. Anyone got a guess?
    I don't consider myself one of those people but we were promised some sort of announcement sometime in February since Blizzconline was cancelled. My guess is that's when were getting the new expansion announcement along with a trailer that showcases some the big selling points.

I'm personally hoping for new race(s) AND a new class since we've gotten jack squat the past several years.

Oh no! Is a competing MMOG coming out with an expansion in six weeks? We must prepare to steal all their thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Kinda yes...this should be labelled as spoiler ..
    As if clicking on a datamining post about encrypted items isn't warning enough

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Oh no! Is a competing MMOG coming out with an expansion in six weeks? We must prepare to steal all their thunder!
    Huh? Which?

The Burning Crusade -> Legion
    Wrath of the Lich King -> Shadowlands
    Cataclysm - > Dragon Isles
    Mist of Pandaria -> Tuskarr Safari
    Warlords of Draenor -> Time Travel Stuff

I sense a cycle.