Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    They seem like good guys, most people and organizations are like that. Life and business isn't just about "making ends meet", it must also be about growth over time. I want Netflix to incrementally increase their profits because I want them to grow and offer even more content like The Witcher, Black Mirror, Altered Carbon, etc.
    They made that content without.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

TBH outside the odd show they make every often or so Netflix has been kinda barren when it comes to content

All I watch in Netflix are Korean Dramas that are v good, aside from that Disney+ and HBOMax

We rotate paid streaming services and limit them to just two or three at most a month. Disney+ has been an exception. Subscribe for a month, watch what has come out in the last three months or so, unsubscribe at the end of the month and move on to the next. It's better for us really and keeps things more focussed.
    "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game" — Soren Johnson (Civilization III/IV designer)

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Netflix themselves tweeted "sharing a password is true love" or something like that back in 2017. Not my fault they encouraged users to share their passwords and now want to charge for that exact thing now.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yes but they did not mention to share acc on facebook or other places with random ppl. More like just family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    TBH outside the odd show they make every often or so Netflix has been kinda barren when it comes to content

All I watch in Netflix are Korean Dramas that are v good, aside from that Disney+ and HBOMax
    haha me too, only korean shows. Any other place I can get a really good selection of such show that also has subtitles included? I don't mind downloading if I need too

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    haha me too, only korean shows. Any other place I can get a really good selection of such show that also has subtitles included? I don't mind downloading if I need too
    For a lot of Asian drama stuff, I usually download from here if I can't get it via actual streaming services. Just make sure you have an adblocker. That said, Netflix are adding more all the time, and getting some that have already aired, so my sub continues to be justified, for now lol Disney+ also launched in Korea, and they had a big push for local content, some of it seems to be filtering through to other regions, though slowly.

I don't feel like linking articles, easy enough to Google, but looks like the price hike isn't working in Netflix's favor. Not even a little bit.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think Netflix should expand their testing they have so far done in certain countries of a higher fee but shareable.
    I have the premium/best whatever account and I watch perhaps 3-4h/month and thus I share it or I would feel robbed.
    Actually I already do, where are their 4K content, not even their own productions are 4K... that the cost for outside 4K content is a tradeoff that Netflix deem not worth it I get but their own stuff. That is just plain dumb.
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't feel like linking articles, easy enough to Google, but looks like the price hike isn't working in Netflix's favor. Not even a little bit.
    Are we talking about the loss of subs recently? Honestly, I just put that down to people no longer being stuck at home in lockdown and have let their subs lapse because they have no need of it anymore.

I did see that they're considering a cheaper subscription model that has ads, too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are we talking about the loss of subs recently? Honestly, I just put that down to people no longer being stuck at home in lockdown and have let their subs lapse because they have no need of it anymore.

I did see that they're considering a cheaper subscription model that has ads, too, though.
    The drop is tied to the quarter. Actually can be seen in two quarters I think think. The price raise would definitely be a contributing factor.

It wasn't just that they dropped 200,000 subs, it was also that Netflix predicted more losses moving forward. That's huge because for the FANG stocks, the value is all baked-in based on future growth expectations far more than traditional P/E.

The trend for years was move to subscription services for companies simply because it generates so much revenue month after month. People forget to cancel, etc. But the recent trend has been the other direction with consumers realizing they've been overloaded with subscription services and cutting back. So I think this is less of a temporary blip and more of a sign of subscription fatigue. People are realizing they aren't going to be cornered into having 15 different video subscription services to get access to exclusive content. Two or three is more than enough for most consumers, and they're being more discerning about the ones they pick. CNN+ quickly found that out the hard way.

Its gunna get to the point cable or satellite is gunna be cheaper again

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

I'm just staying subbed until Better Call Saul is done and then I'm cancelling until something decent comes along. I'll stick with Amazon Prime for the time being, i get more value from it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

Yah right now it appears to be

1. Covid change
    2. Competition
    3. Fragmenting of content to so many different services pulling their content to get a direct piece of the Netflix pie.
    4. Price.
    5. Acct Sharing.
    6. Russia.

i dumped their stock right after the first couple waves were over and people started to "revolt" against lockdowns, mask, etc.

Anyone who expected them to continue that kind of growth was kidding themselves.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

who would have thought pumping out a mixture of terrible shows and denmarks finest programming wouldn't be sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    who would have thought pumping out a mixture of terrible shows and denmarks finest programming wouldn't be sustainable.
    Whoa now, they just put out a show in Japan where a camera crew follows around toddlers running errands for their parents on their own. (with a camera crew following)

If that's not quality, compelling television, I don't know what is.

Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Bit off-topic but… Elon Musk says
    Oh good, we can ignore this attention whore and his stupid, desperate need to be the center of attention on every issue at all times.

I immediately tune out anyone that seriously uses the word 'woke'. It's an easy way to know which yt channels to block, for example. It's just a modern version of hate farming.

Word on the street they are adding ads. So on top of not having the deep catalog or bundles of other platforms that are cheaper, they want you to watch ads too? Hulu with ads is $7. Netflix are you okay?