Decent working Chair Required.....

Does anyone have an idea?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Computer forum, more appropriate than the Video Games one.

I'm personally using a SecretLab (https://secretlab.eu/) chair right now and had a Maxnomic (https://www.needforseat.de/en/) before that. Would definitely recommend either.

The SecretLab has more options in terms of looks and materials, and is just a little more premium in my opinion. However, the Maxnomic are perfectly functional as well.

Two very good brands but both fairly pricey. You do get great quality for the price and a long warranty as well. I see a good chair as a long-term investment in both health and comfort, so I don't mind the slightly higher price tag.

Having said that, there's definitely cheaper options out there as well and perhaps someone else can chime in on those.
    Last edited by Venara; 2022-01-17 at 03:31 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd skip right over the gamer chairs and look for an ergonomic office chair instead.

There are working chairs? The fool that i am i'm still working myself!

A budget is necessary if we're going to make any realistic suggestions.

15+ Year Old Account
    As Kagthul said a budget would be good, but I'll throw in my 2 cents already anyway:

IKEA Markus or Järvfjället. I believe it was Kagthul who recommended one of these 2 to me and I went with the Järvfjället, and have absolutely no regrets. I previously had a gamer chair and they really are overrated in my opinion.

I think i recommended the Markus, but the Jarvfjallet is mostly just a nicer version of the Markus.

I can attest to the Markus being extremely good for its price. Just dont get the leather one unless you want to stick to it.

Now, its not as good as a dedicated ergo chair like a Herman Miller, but for how much it doesn't cost, its very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    A budget is necessary if we're going to make any realistic suggestions.
    Your weight is important as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Mostly. Unless we're talking super-cheap chairs, theyll generally support you even if you're past the recommended limit as long as we're not talking 100+lbs over.

Im well over Ikea's limit for the Markus and have been the entire time ive owned it ('cause i got fat), and its never had an issue.

Still, better to stick to something that is at least close to your weight unless you're on a mega budget.

This is a fantastic chair;

And if you want a bit more luxury;

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Also height. Some chairs just absolutely are not kind of individuals with a long leg span.

Spend the money and get something decent. It's worth it. I got a Kinnarps one.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'd skip right over the gamer chairs and look for an ergonomic office chair instead.
    Best advice so far.

Go to Walmart, or any Computer/Office store that has floor models and find one which fits you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    One other creative option is used office furniture stores. I found a studded real leather executive tilt/swivel chair at one of them that had been owned by an attorney's office. It was easily a $2000 chair, was like-new, and I think I paid $200. Very comfortable, very heavy-duty solid wood, and even used it will last 10x longer than one of those disposable $100 or $200 assemble yourself chairs that come in a box. Usually those will have a caster, arm, the base, or the back broken before long with much use. In the $600+ range you can start to get into the mesh (true) office chairs that are durable and comfortable. If money is no object and you have $2000 to spend, go with a Herman Miller chair and be done. I'd suggest that any day over an overpriced $2000 gaming chair, which are more like the quality of a $300 chair with some extra pads and gaming graphics.
    Last edited by Biglog; 2022-01-19 at 02:36 AM.

I've always used office chairs, but they only last so long before the padding goes and I'm always warm (I'd go for fabric not leather). Decided I'd try an ergonomic mesh chair this time, I've had it about 6 months... I'm never going back.

Takes a bit of getting used to as it's firmer than typical padded chairs but I can game for hours, no numb legs/bum, no sweat, I anticipate it will last much longer too so I didn't mind spending a bit extra, daily use and no sign of wear.

Cost me around £400 which is more than my previous office chairs but less than most branded gaming chairs. I've since bought a much cheaper one for the office (~£150) functionally the same but noticeable quality reduction in plastic arms and casters compared to my one.

All in all worth investigating imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Secretlab all the way.

They cost a bit but a proper chair is an investment and should last and Secretlab will last.
    Had my Titan <something> for over a year and it still looks like I just unpacked it and I can sit in it for 10-11h without ache (yes it happened a few allniters )
    Only comments I've read is that 2020 and previous models had some issue with the fake leather coating crackling in tropical climate but even that has been addressed nowdays.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.