Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    People who just simply enjoy the game don't tend to make videos about it.
    This is the wisest thing I've read in this forum today.

Wise words.
    Let me add that normal people that stop enjoying a game also don't tend to make videos about it.
    They just play another game instead of spending their energy and time on something they don't enjoy any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    I think the fastest way to finally kill WoW would probably be to go to r/wow and implement everyone of their suggestions
    Of course... Blizzard just needs to make WoW a first person shooter, a looter shooter, a battle royale, a survival horror game, a roller coaster simulator, a theme park simulator, a city simulator, a physics simulator, a RTS, a MOBA, a sports game, a dating simulator, a rhythm game, an adventure game and a puzzle game. It's that easy! Blizzard won't because they hate their customers though.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-02-09 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    More people TRY to do M+ or use it to get BOOSTED. Get rid of Boosting altogether and see how many people run M+.

As far as being disconnected from the player base, I watch tons of Videos about players upset at the direction of WoW, how the token and boosting have ruined the game by making it a toxic mess where advancing your character is more about how much you are willing to shell out rather than people actively playing the game for enjoyment and fun, running content to organically get better gear. I also see this in countless forums. But you keep on keeping on believing that M+ is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Not sure if you noticed but boosting and buying power is extremely alive and well in classic and TBC classic though level boosts and GDKP runs. As well as buying pilots and arena boosts in TBC classic just like retail.

This isn’t some new retail mythic+ idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    More people TRY to do M+ or use it to get BOOSTED. Get rid of Boosting altogether and see how many people run M+.

As far as being disconnected from the player base, I watch tons of Videos about players upset at the direction of WoW, how the token and boosting have ruined the game by making it a toxic mess where advancing your character is more about how much you are willing to shell out rather than people actively playing the game for enjoyment and fun, running content to organically get better gear. I also see this in countless forums. But you keep on keeping on believing that M+ is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Remember when people eBay'ed characters back in vanilla? PvP carries, GDKP raids, none of that was particularly introduced in <insert your most hated expansion here>. Boosting, whatever are its practical implementations, have existed and will exist. How much does it ruin the game is subjective opinion, but considering that in most instances you have the ability to choose the company you play with, I have managed to live with it without issues.
    I'd say removing the rating system and magically deleting raider.io from the existence would be the approach if you'd like to do hypothetic experiments how to possibly kill M+. People are hungry to flex with the measures of today, much like picking the prime AFK spots in IF/Org wearing your shiny tier set back in days.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Remember when people eBay'ed characters back in vanilla? PvP carries, GDKP raids, none of that was particularly introduced in <insert your most hated expansion here>. Boosting, whatever are its practical implementations, have existed and will exist. How much does it ruin the game is subjective opinion, but considering that in most instances you have the ability to choose the company you play with, I have managed to live with it without issues.
    I'd say removing the rating system and magically deleting raider.io from the existence would be the approach if you'd like to do hypothetic experiments how to possibly kill M+. People are hungry to flex with the measures of today, much like picking the prime AFK spots in IF/Org wearing your shiny tier set back in days.
    I agree with your later comments and to an extent your former ones. People back in the days of EverQuest would buy and sell characters over Ebay too. The developers need to come up with more stringent means to police their games. Bottom line. I know this sounds like a bad thing but for the overall health of games it needs to be done. Players don't OWN. Thier characters. They Lease them. The shortcuts need to be shored up for the betterment of all.

For instance I don't have hard facts but I am certain that the number of truly try-hards with top guilds and ratings isn't the majority of players. When you inflate this number with people who can "Buy", their way to the top it gives a false sense of how saturated the end game really is. Listen, I myself have after many hours playing (insert game here), wished and searched for a shortcut. But then I realize that it's not worth it. I would only be part of the problem. If I play a single player game, then it's fun, for like a minute. Then I get bored. Bottom line, shortcuts are always a bad idea. Even if Players don't realize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Not sure if you noticed but boosting and buying power is extremely alive and well in classic and TBC classic though level boosts and GDKP runs. As well as buying pilots and arena boosts in TBC classic just like retail.

This isn’t some new retail mythic+ idea.
    Yea I am sure. But as I mentioned above, this is something that Blizz, and by proxy all game developers CAN do something about, but they need to be willing to do it. I have played since the days of EverQuest, and even dabbled in some MUDS before that. So I know how things are. People can't be relied upon to make the right decision or the best sone that doesn't hurt other players. So therefore Blizzard needs to do it for them by doing everything in it's power to limit or stop boosting. There are games such as FFXIV that you actually have to send in a copy of your ID to prove you own the account.

- - - Updated - - -

Presumably all the people doing the boosting would still be doing it...and everybody else that likes it too.

See that's where your wrong. If you can make money, which these people do, then why WOULDN"T they make videos about it? That's their livelihood.