Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Hey I hope the wow subscription is included in the xbox pass.
    Or even better: We can buy all microsoft products with wow gold, how much do I need to save for some Surface?
    I guess on US (205k gold per token) you could buy a decent Surface Pro for gold cap

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    It does seem to be a logical step. It buys good will and it pads the numbers of Game Pass users to shareholders after the acquisition. It is priced similarly so existing time can be converted over rather easily. All in all I would be surprised if Game Pass didn't offer a WoW subscription.
    But you are basically combing those that have both into one subscription. Would be wiser to keep the double dipping going.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so... you guys remember the Battle.Net launcher having stuff about "HEY COME PLAY CALL OF DUTY"

Its about to get a million times worse.
    The Bnet launcher will either then exclusively show Blizzard games or it most likely won't be exist at all and be integrated into the Xbox App.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-01-18 at 04:31 PM.

So, will my game pass cover the wow sub now?!?!?! yay!!!

Fire Bobby and I'll be happy.

lol holy fucking shit what the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so... you guys remember the Battle.Net launcher having stuff about "HEY COME PLAY CALL OF DUTY"

Its about to get a million times worse.
    I wonder if it will even continue to exist. Maybe they will just move all the games to the Microsoft store.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Here's hoping Microsoft sever Blizzard from the rest of that entity and allow them to work autonomously again. Can you imagine!
    No one from original blizzard even works there anymore. Mike Morhaime, Chris Metzen, Jeff Kaplan, Rob Pardo, Alex Afrsiabi (yes hes original blizzard), and "you think you do but you dont", etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    These billionaires aren't fucking around....

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Here's hoping Microsoft sever Blizzard from the rest of that entity and allow them to work autonomously again. Can you imagine!
    Almost all the people that started Blizzard and made it the company that everyone loved, are gone. I don't know that allowing Blizzard to work autonomously is automatically a good thing.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Microsoft literally couldn't do worse than has already been done in WoW the last several years, so I see this as great news.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But you are basically combing those that have both into one subscription. Would be wiser to keep the double dipping going.
    I suppose if you have a ton of overlap it would be worth keeping it separate but my understanding of paid subscription numbers is that the WoW market is at an all time low. There are 'whales' that keep buying tokens and shop cosmetics but a lot of your hardcore players use in game gold to keep playing. Honestly, I don't have the demographics to break down a cost benefit analysis... so all of this is based on supposition and hearsay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No one from original blizzard even works there anymore. Mike Morhaime, Chris Metzen, Jeff Kaplan, Rob Pardo, Alex Afrsiabi (yes hes original blizzard), and "you think you do but you dont", etc.
    How dare you!! Well, first props, cause you beat me to the point. But otherwise, no Alex Afriabi is definitely not original Blizzard. He was a toxic EQ gamer that somehow got brought into help with WoW. Same for Jeff Kaplan.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    How dare you!! Well, first props, cause you beat me to the point. But otherwise, no Alex Afriabi is definitely not original Blizzard. He was a toxic EQ gamer that somehow got brought into help with WoW. Same for Jeff Kaplan.
    Kaplan was an EQ gamer... not toxic. For that matter Ion was an EQ gamer as well.

I suppose if you have a ton of overlap it would be worth keeping it separate but my understanding of paid subscription numbers is that the WoW market is at an all time low. There are 'whales' that keep buying tokens and shop cosmetics but a lot of your hardcore players use in game gold to keep playing. Honestly, I don't have the demographics to break down a cost benefit analysis... so all of this is based on supposition and hearsay.
    Doesn't Blizzard actually make more money when people pay for subscriptions with gold? The tokens cost $20 each after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here people were worried about ATVI stock.

Bobby gonna end up billionaire no matter if he stays or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The Bnet launcher will either then exclusively show Blizzard or it most likely won't be existed at all and be integrated into the Xbox App.
    Oh God didn't even think about that
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Kaplan was an EQ gamer... not toxic. For that matter Ion was an EQ gamer as well.
    Yeah, I was only saying Alex was toxic. I was just roping in Kaplan for being brought in for being an EQ gamer. Thank you for the clarification. Ion may have been an EQ gamer, but my understanding is that he was brought in after his work in Elistist Jerks in WoW.

~ Daryl Davis

7+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed opinions on this.. i just hope that microsoft still plans on giving us diablo 4 and overwatch 2 and also please do not close heroes of teh storm that's my only place i can go to where i can see sylvanas original model from back in the day also do not raise the prices of the subscri[tions that has me a bit edgy too

Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Doesn't Blizzard actually make more money when people pay for subscriptions with gold? The tokens cost $20 each after all.
    That is also assuming someone bought a token and listed it for sell... there is no way to verify that a virtual token isn't just generated every so often to leech gold out of the economy.